• Munki

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • MONKE

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Mankey

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Intro
I'll keep it quick. Here's a very strong webs team that has gameplay into all styles. It used to run :Hoopa-Unbound:, but there are too many :Cinderace: on the ladder, so I switched to big bird :tornadus-therian:. This teams been in the works for a while, but unfortunately, the OU moderators inculcated the masses that :roaring-moon: is not long for the tier, so I figured I'd publish the team before it's obsolete. (Just use :Kingambit: instead...that thing is broken.)

idk how high I got with this. probably not more than 1900. the grind is too hard. You play fast and loose. Don't think too much about hazards or try to be too tricky about predictions...you're playing webs; it's matchup fishing to begin with. Everything has setup. Everything can be a wincon. Enjoy.

The Machinations of my Mind
:ribombee::Gholdengo:
If you're using webs, you start with these two pokemon. Not much else to say.

:ribombee::Gholdengo::Breloom:
Spore-Lord is cheap and just wins against anything that is slower than it. Loaded Dice Technician Bullet Seed KO's tusk from full. Quite juicy. This provides some nice priority to the team as well, which will force the tera from things like :Roaring-Moon: or :Kingambit:.

:ribombee::Gholdengo::Breloom::Ceruledge:
Another pokemon that is pretty "cheap" is Ceruledge. There's not a whole lot the opponent can do if this thing has a sash intact. Megaman offers a swell check to :Cinderace: and :Iron-Moth:. It also gives the team some more strong priority moves.

:ribombee::Gholdengo::Breloom::Ceruledge::Roaring-Moon:
Click DD and win? Big Dragon has a great speed tier. It can switch into annoying stuff like Balloon Gholdengo and then just sweep.

:ribombee::Gholdengo::Breloom::Ceruledge::Roaring-Moon::Hoopa-unbound:
For a period, I had Hoopa-U on this team. I hate losing to stall, so nasty plot Hoops was a free win into that matchup. I can't understate the raw power this has. You don't have to think much when using this pokemon. I was getting very annoyed by mid-speed boots pokemon that would KO hoopa, so I made a swap. I still miss this sometimes...

:ribombee::Gholdengo::Breloom::Ceruledge::Roaring-Moon::Tornadus-Therian:
Nasty Plot + Taunt Tornadus stops court change, still breaks stall, and has a great matchup into opposing webs teams. A fine final addition.​

Sets
:sv/Ribombee:
Unabombee (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
Tera Type: steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Tailwind​

Role: Hazard Setting.
Set: Tera Steel to stop Mortal Spin. Max SpA, Max Speed so that it can actually do damage.
Moves: You have to run Sticky Web and Moonblast. Psychic is to beat :Glimmora: and damage :Iron-Moth:. Tailwind makes HO and opposing stick web matchups really easy.
Options: The most compelling alternatives to tailwind are Quiver Dance and Stun Spore. I think the latter is too expected; you will get subbed on every time.

:sv/gholdengo:
HELLO (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain​

Role: Defog and Rapid Spin Blocker.
Set: Tera Fairy to live Dark moves.
Moves: I went with a wall breaking set that uses psyshock. Usually you just want to use this to keep webs up, so don't worry about it do too much else. Definitely don't run Recover.
Options: A stallbreaker set isn't needed here, but it's fun to use. You can also just go 4 attacks with Focus Blast and Dazzling Gleam in place of Psyshock. I have to say focus blast is very nice for all the Kingambit noobs. Steel Beam is an option on both sets. Sometimes you'll get something that tries to setup on Gholdengo. You can KO yourself to preserve momentum. You rarely click the steel move anyway, so it's fine to have it be self-destructive.

:sv/Breloom:
Nap Time (Breloom) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch​

Role: 6-0s Teams that don't have fast pokemon. Really reliable stop to Kingambit.
Set: This uses Tera Ghost as another spin blocker and a way to beat Tera Normal :Dragonite: and :Zamazenta:. Jolly would beat Iron Valiant under webs, but there's other stuff on this team to do that and Adamant is just SO powerful.
Moves: Spore is very low risk when you are faster than the opponent. +2 with swords dance means that even resists die to bullet seed. Mach Punch is there to stop otherwise annoying speedy things.
Options: Is there another Breloom set? I don't think cutting swords dance is worth it.

:sv/ceruledge:
Darn it has sash (Ceruledge) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: fighting
Adamant Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance​

Role: Sweeper and revenge killing. Yet another spin blocker.
Set: Focus Sash makes Weak Armor more consistent. Tera Fighting lets your survive sucker punches.
Moves: Poltergeist is the main stab. +2 Adamant KOs most neutral targets. Bitter Blade is what makes this unfair. If they don't break the sash on your initial weak armor activation, then your opponent is in for a bad time, because you will heal to full and they will lose. Shadow Sneak is very important for more speed control.
Options: Originally I had Close Combat over Shadow Sneak. This was nice to vaporize Dark types :Ting-Lu::Tyranitar:. But it hurt too much to lose to Dragapult and Booster Energy Moth.

:sv/Roaring-Moon:
Oops you lose? (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: flying
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance​

Role: Sweeper and special pivot.
Set: Booster + Acrobatics. Tera Flying for immense Acrobatics power.
Moves: +1 Knock Off with Booster Energy is silly strong. Acrobatics is amazing coverage with Dark STAB. I like Brick Break as a 4th move to beat screens and to always KO kingambit.
Options: The Brick Break spot could be roost. You could also go Iron Head with Tera Steel. That's a good set, too.

Once this is in, you usually just want it to stay in until it dies. Very rarely, you can Tera early to gain the ground immunity and then come back in to avoid a webs speed drop, for instance. Tornadus alleviates the need to do this most of the time. To repeat, +1 Booster Knock Off is stronger than you think. Click that most of the time.
Hopefully this won't get banned, but if it does, then run Tera Flying Lum Berry :Kingambit: instead. Again, that's just a really unfair pokemon. Here's the set. It goes faster than 252 Great Tusk under webs.
Kingambit @ Lum Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

:sv/Tornadus-Therian:
70% Accuracy (Tornadus-Therian) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Bleakwind Storm
- Focus Blast​

Role: Fast Taunt and Stallbreaking
Set: Boots is the quintessential Torn-T item, but Wide Lens is there to soothe my soul. Maybe if you pray to RNGesus enough you can run a different item. I know that there is likely a better, bulker EV spread. I don't take the time to optimize like that! Tera Fighting to live sucker punches and have stronger focus blasts.
Moves: Nasty Plot + Taunt makes killing bulky teams really easy. You also outspeed Cinderance and stop court change from occurring (OP move). Also faster than Roaring Moon.
Options: I don't think there are other moves that are worth using in this role.

Counterplay Patterns
Vs :Glimmora: Offense -- Always lead Ribombee. Psychic the Glimmora. Do it again if they clicked rocks, otherwise, Tera Steel and you have webs up. You probably win now. Make sure you keep something that is faster than Iron Valiant. Don't let :Ogerpon-Wellspring: Trailblaze for free.
Vs :Ribombee: Offense -- Lead bee. Click webs. Then click moonblast until you die. Tailwind + tornadus usually means you win the mirror. If they run damaging hazards it can be tricky since sash will break.
Vs :Blissey::Dondozo::Toxapex: Stall -- Breloom will win this pretty easily as long as you aren't sloppy. Don't let it get toxic'ed. Tornadus taunt everything that would be annoying. You really shouldn't lose this matchup.
Vs :Rillaboom: Offense -- Probably the worst matchup. Sneasler wrecks you if it runs Dark/Ghost Tera. It's worth keeping Gholdengo at full and using Tera Fairy just for that.
Vs :Torkoal: Sun -- Another tricky matchup if you don't keep webs up. You want to use Ceruledge and not Gholdengo as the spinblocker.
Vs :Ninetales-Alola: Offense -- Depends on how much of a dumdum your opponent is. Don't let them get any of there setup going. You have Brick Break.

Individual Pokemon
:dragonite:
Extreme Speed tera normal is rough. You want to break the Multiscale and/or Force a tera. The threat of Breloom Mach punch will force them to click Extreme Speed. That's when you Tera Ghost.
:Iron Moth: Goes hard Ceruledge. If they run Tera Ground, then good for them. If they lead it vs bee, the click tailwind first, then webs.
:kingambit: Despite having Breloom and multiple tera fighting pokemon. This BS can still win. Just try to force tera on something else so that breloom clicks mach bunch without worries.
:Cinderace: Still pretty annoying despite the fast taunt. If they have Cinderace AND webs, let them get theirs down first.
:Great Tusk: If you have a sweeper in and it would fail to KO tusk if it teras, then just go hard to gholdengo and get some chip. It should be obvious when they are desperate to clear webs.
:Zamazenta: A real pain in the keister. Don't let it get a substitute for free. Boots sets are really good against webs, so you probably lose if they are running that.

Open to any and all feedback. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!
:Ribombee::Gholdengo::Breloom::Tornadus-Therian::Roaring-Moon::Ceruledge:
https://pokepast.es/4dc6ef70201fa549
https://pokepast.es/8c560e1e8f362e6d (4 attacks Gholdengo)
:Ribombee::Gholdengo::Breloom::Hoopa-Unbound::Roaring-Moon::Ceruledge:
https://pokepast.es/32ce58ed5ca0fde0 (Hoopa Version)​

Last edited:
After moon ban, why don’t you try out manaphy? Stored power sets are really cheesy on webs, and it sort of improves a lot of the threats you have for the team. Also the ceruledge nickname gives your opponent critical hidden knowledge :)

Last edited:
After moon ban, why don’t you try out manaphy? Stored power sets are really cheesy on webs, and it sort of improves a lot of the threats you have for the team. Also the ceruledge nickname gives your opponent critical hidden knowledge :)
Thanks for the idea. Right now, the Dark type is very nice to have. This team can have issues with Gholdengo otherwise. I am also not sure I need manaphy, since the rest of the team can break defensive pokemon pretty easily. I will give it a try!

Hey there! just a quick thing this team Is INCREDIBLE POWERFULL vs almost all of the teams just a quick thing is that is super bad using vs hazzards teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)