SV OU Muscle Band Adamant Zama + Specs Val BO (Peaked 1907 #39)

Hello and welcome to my second ever RMT, my strating point for this team was AoA Zamazenta since Smogon said it's good (it is), so I decided to build Hazard stack BO around it since it's my favorite Archytype and Zama fits quite well on it. Last time I was asked to share a 'proof of peak' so here it is:
Screenshot 2024-05-07 031107.png

889.png

Wolfey 2024 VGC (Zamazenta) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

As I said this was my starting point, originally I had the standard AoA Zama set but I found out this mon is really weak, and also Boots and Lefties seemed a bit pointless since it already resists rocks and the team is pretty offensive. So I started looking at ways to boost it's damage and eventually landed on Muscle Band + Adamant, This combination let's it 2HKO bulky Ghold and bulkier Golwkings with Crunch, and boost its CCs to unholy levels, letting it 2HKO offesive tusk and sometimes Skarm after rocks. I do miss out on a couple of speed tiers but in testing I found the extra damage to be worth it, The EV spread let's me outspeed Cinderace and Roaring Moon since those are the fastes mons I can outspeed with greedy Adamant. For the last move I chose Ice Fang since Stone Edge isn't a moth have anymore. As for the Tera type I chose Ghost since I don't have a Ghost type and I'm running Hazard Stack, this is a common theme you're gonna see on this team.

Landorus (Therian Forme) | Pokemon GO Wiki - GamePress

Smogon Cat (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Next I added Lando since I'm building BO and I like him. Pretty standard Defensive set, you could go 128 speed EVs to outspeed max speed Modest Bolt which can be a bit of a problem to the team. Tera Ghost for the same reason as Zama.

Galarian Slowking | Official Website | Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Slowking-Galar (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 32 SpA / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Chilly Reception

I added Glowking next for the classic Lando + Glowking core. I kinda needed a Spdef mon, and Glowking is a great one which also has pivoting and Future Sight which synergizes quite well with Zama, pressuring Bulky Grounds, Poisons and opposing Zamas which can switch into it. I have Flamethrower over T-Wave since tbh, T-Wave never really clicked with me. The EV spread let's me 2HKO ghold with flame, while living a Headlong Rush from Tusk, and putting the rest in SpDef. I really like having mixed bulk on Glowking since it let's me play even more brain dead with it. The Tera is the standard Water since I don't have a real Water resist on my team.

Kingambit | Pokédex

Kingambit (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Since my SpDef mon so far is Glowking I really needed something to check the Ghosts, so I went with Kingambit. Gambit really Appriciate Zama pressuring bulky Grounds and forcing in Valiant to revenge it which lets Gambit go wild at the endgame. I went with Leftovers on Gambit since it also has a defensive role on this team. The EV spread let's me outspeed no speed Skarm which kinda pins it with Zama breaking past fast Skarms. I chose Iron Head over Low Kick since my team is already pretty strong into opposing Gambits, and Tera Flying 'cause I felt like it.
Samurott | Pokédex

Samurott-Hisui (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Aqua Cutter
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Jet

For the next slot I wanted speed control and Spikes which lead me to scarf Hamurott. tbh I've been using it as a suicide lead almost always since I'm bad at the game, but on paper it does a lot of other things for the team. Hamurott is a good midgame check to Ghold which is great in games where I wanna save Gambit for the endgame. It also gives me a mon that can revenge Pult which I think is pretty important on more Offensive structures. The EV spread let's me outspeed Pult and greeds the rest in bulk. I went with Aqua Jet over the standard knock since I had problems with Iron Moth, and Hamurott isn't actually gonna force a Knock on bulkier teams so I felt fine dropping it. Tera Ghost is for the same reason as Zama and Lando.
Iron Valiant | Pokédex

Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Vacuum Wave
- Trick

I noticed how I don't reallt have any Special attackers on the team so I wanted the last memeber to have immidiate special power, also I only had 2/3 necessery Gambit checks so I settled on Specs Valiant, I had my doubts at first but this thing is really good idk why it's not a standard set on it. For the moveset I went with Moonblast for obvious reasons, Shadow Ball to hit Glowking and Ghold while also being a great STAB move in case I tera. Vacuum Wave is a nice priority move and you can never go wrong with priority on BO. As for the last move I went with Trick for insurance against Crit-Me-Not sweepers since I really hate those strats. As I said Tera Ghost gives me STAB on Shadow Ball, but it's also for the same reason as Zama, Lando and Samurott.

Anyways Here's the pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/7f29e1e506a75f5c, I would appreciate help with how to make this team not lose to fat :)

Really fun team, kinda prone to getting owned by Cinderace unless you can surprise it with scarf samurott tho. No one on the team likes taking a wisp and court change kinda kills this team since it has no removal. Tera fire Gambit might be a good change so wisp doesn’t stop your sweeps

I’ve been unsuccessful at getting specs Val to work myself so I’m excited to test this team out, congrats on the peak.

Have you considered expert belt on zama? I guess the neutral close combats would be weaker but ice/dark/steel seems like good super effective coverage

Really fun team, kinda prone to getting owned by Cinderace unless you can surprise it with scarf samurott tho. No one on the team likes taking a wisp and court change kinda kills this team since it has no removal. Tera fire Gambit might be a good change so wisp doesn’t stop your sweeps
I'll be honest, I didn't have a problem with Ace while playing, Lando beats offensive while Glowking beat defensive, and you're not heavily punished if you guess wrong the first time. Usually I play the game with rocks on both sides against it, but the team does rely on spikes a bit for progress, so Tera Fire Gambit might be a good call.

I’ve been unsuccessful at getting specs Val to work myself so I’m excited to test this team out, congrats on the peak.

Have you considered expert belt on zama? I guess the neutral close combats would be weaker but ice/dark/steel seems like good super effective coverage
Thanks! Expert Belt was my first idea, but I really like the boosted CCs since I'm greedy lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)