Movies/Books that you are looking foward to this summer

The titles explains it all. For books, I'm looking foward to Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox (Which is better than Harry Potter imo, becasue HP is WAY too long and by the tiem you get half way through it, you forget the beggining), I'm a die-hard fan so I cannot wait for that. In movies I'm looking foward to Hancock, it seems like a funny and Will Smith type movie.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's going to be a new Artemis Fowl book? I'll just add that to my "to read" list. Also, I'm looking foward to Hancock.

The Dark Knight...period.

I don't read a lot nowadays. When I do read, it's old books, and I usually don't like to pick up new stuff, so I'm not looking forward to the release of any new book.

I didn't know there was going to be a new Artemis Fowl book. Thought the series had ended. I'll be looking forward to that.

Phew, glad I'm not the only fan here. In a webcast, Eoin Colfer has said that this(the 6th) book might not be the last, but it will be the last one for at least 3 years, which makes me sad. :(

Hehe, I'm right with you here R2D2. I like Artemis Fowl too. And Hancock, seems like a decent movie. I might read some Shakespeare (cheesy, I don't care).

But I'll probably mainly be rereading and rewatching movies, as well as watching old ones I haven't seen. I want to reread My Brother Sam is Dead and Go Ask Alice. I might read The Catcher in the Rye even though I'm going to be reading it next school year. I'll probably reread To Kill a Mockingbird.

A lot of the movies I plan to watch aren't necessarily new though. I'm a fan of old movies. :3 I'm gonna watch some films by the Master of Suspense (if you don't know who that is go search it up), mainly Mr. and Mrs. Smith, North by Northwest, and Psycho. I know I'll be watching Bogart, but probably just Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon. I'll probably rewatch Duck Soup, since that in my opinion was the greatest comedy film of all time, along with some other Marx Bros films. I'll also be catching up on my favorite, Charlie Chaplin. Oh, and an interesting movie called The Endless Summer. It's directed by Bruce Brown, and I've heard good things about it. If anyone could clue me in, I'd be much appreciative.

I'm going to see Hancock with a friend when it comes out in early July. I've been a fan of Will Smith's talents since the Fresh Prince and the film looks cool.

Well, before Sunday posts this, I'm certainly looking forward to two things:

Book:- Superior Saturday (Garth Nix series)
Movie:- Wanted is just about to come out, and it'll be pwn. Also want the DVD version of 21 to come out.

New Artemis Fowl book? Superior Saturday's coming out this summer? I need to start reading more. I have four books sitting on my shelf, unread right now (Twilight Trilogy, The Bourne Betrayal), and I'm just finishing up The Amber Spyglass. I also have to pick up and read the fourth entry in the Percy Jackson And The Olympians series, which I seriously love to death (it's already out). Not to mention I heard the fourth Twilight book is coming out in August sometime (obviously it won't be a trilogy for long =P). Man, I have some catching up to do.

I'm not a huge movie person anymore, but Hancock looks great, Wanted seems pretty nifty, and of course I wish to see The Dark Knight. I loved the last Batman movie, even though I've never been a huge fan of big ol' Brucey. I might be seeing Get Smart, tonight, too, which looks really funny. Steve Carrell is the MAN.

Oh yeah! That's what I was thinking off:

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox (right?)

Also the Bond movie (dunno when its coming out) should be coming out.

Quantum Leap? Lol. Can't remember the second word.

Wait, Garth Nix has been finishing the series based on days? This is very disappointing. I read the first three, and haven't seen any sign of Thursday or Friday in my bookstores. Well, I guess I have something to find to read on the plane/road/really long vacation.

Movie-wise, I pretty much want to see everything that comes out this summer. I've already seen Iron Man, Vegas, Zohan, and Kong Fu Panda. I want to see Love Guru, Hancock, and Tropic Thunder and plan on seeing the Hulk and Get Smart. And I can't forget about the Dark Night even though there is barely any advertising for it.

yay another Keys to the kingdom book? yes...but is it just me or was Lady Friday not as good as the rest? and idk there was gonna be another Artemis Fowl...that will be amazing...I can't wait to see the Dark Knight and Hancock they both look uber amazing...Get Smart does look kinda funny though...mite see that too

I'm really looking forward to that new Eragon book. Brisingr, i think it's called?

And i do want to see Dark Knight, Hancock, and Get Smart, even though Get Smart looks really dumb...

Dark Knight (Joker looks stunning), Punisher: War Zone (hoping that Ennis' brilliant writing on the Punisher comics somehow gets warped into the movie)(also I think this comes out in December but whatever), Get Smart!!!! oh man please people tell me I wasn't alone watching the old series, that were absolutely comedy genius and Wolverine:Origins though that's more 2009 than 'this summer'.

I really enjoyed Batman Begins, with a darker and more realistic take on a superhero, which interested me. I've never been a real superhero junkie, but I'm looking forward to the Dark Knight.

I'm also looking to get back into reading. I used to read a lot (this was before the internet), but I haven't been doing it much lately. I want to read some "classics", like Treasure Island, Tom Sawyer, etc.. I think I might go with Bentendo and read some Shakespeare... I'll go for Romeo and Juliet. :P I'll also try to reread the Narnia novels. I'm looking for a lot of recommendations (also for non-classics) , and I think I'll enjoy this thread.

If you have any recommendations, I enjoy fantasy, mystery, anything in a medieval setting.... I have a few moral issues with some books, but it's not too heavy.

New Eragon book? Pfft. I've been trying to read Eragon for a long time, and always just stop after like 10 pages. B-o-r-i-n-g.

The Garth Nix 'Sabriel' series are quite good, IMO. I don't know about a new one or whatever, though.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Garth Nix 'Sabriel' series are quite good, IMO. I don't know about a new one or whatever, though.
Garth Nix's "Superior Saturday" is being released (Aus) on the 29th of this month. As far as I know there's no plans for the Abhorsen series (Probably a more common name for the series than "Sabriel"), at the very least until after Lord Sunday is released.

Hell yeah I'm looking foreward to Saturday!!!

EDIT:
Well, before Sunday posts this, I'm certainly looking forward to two things:

Book:- Superior Saturday (Garth Nix series)
AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa just saw this!

yay another Keys to the kingdom book? yes...but is it just me or was Lady Friday not as good as the rest? and idk there was gonna be another Artemis Fowl...that will be amazing...I can't wait to see the Dark Knight and Hancock they both look uber amazing...Get Smart does look kinda funny though...mite see that too
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday were great. Thursday was cocked up because Arthur having his memory erased meant Nix had to switch back and forth between his perspective and Leafs to give the book a sence of direction, which totally did not work. IMO Friday was fine but not as good as the first three, plus it still had Leaf and Arthur in a split storyline :( . I'm hoping Saturday comes out of the "Mid-series" slump.

Pwned. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday were the best, Thursday and Friday aren't that good. Saturday/Sunday should be pretty damn good.

@'Sabriel' - couldn't remember the name of the series xD.

Well I'm forced to read a few books for summer reading, can't remember their names, I'll edit them in.

There are sooooooo many movies during the summer, I don't think I can get to them all. Zohan, Hulk, Dark Knight, Hancock, umm what else?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pwned. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday were the best, Thursday and Friday aren't that good. Saturday/Sunday should be pretty damn good.

@'Sabriel' - couldn't remember the name of the series xD.
Minor spoilers, it looks like (from the minor spoilers I accidentally read on Wikipedia before I could avert my eyes) Leaf and Arthur will not have a split storyline in Saturday so I hold high hopes :)

EDIT: WTF? Wikipedia now says it has been released in Australia! Argh! *runs to shop*

EDIT2: Just finished it! Awesome Nix books are back people! :) [MINOR SPOILERS]Leaf plays very little part, you only switch to her twice in the entire book, once in the middle and once at the end. So there goes my main gripe with Thursday and Friday. Also cliffhanger ending! ;_; [END SPOILERS]

Loved every minute of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)