SV OU Mouse DOMINATION [Fake Rain HO Maushold+Azumarill] Peak #10 2022 ELO 83.9% GXE (outdated)

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor

1704302746388.png

Main Account: Puyu Paz
1704255820355.png

Second Account: BLOODSHED MGR
:sv/azumarill: :sv/archaludon: :sv/pelipper: :sv/kingambit: :sv/maushold: :sv/amoonguss:

Background:
I wanted to use a team with Azumarill because with Ogerpon-Wellspring not being used as often Belly Drum seemed like a very good cleaner in this meta especially with the power of rain in the back. I added Archaludon because I wanted a special attacker and a special wall with the benefits of their signature move which was perfect for rain. Choice Spec Pelipper was appealing as it is a sleeper mon that hits hard with weather ball. Amoonguss with Red Card is really a life saver against certain threats and is my physical wall. Maushold is a very fun Pokémon for me and I wanted to have a encore user and something that can always get hazards off vs Gholdengo. Kingambit just a good revenge killer and cleaner in end game especially having a steel type under rain taking halved fire damage.

1704255438794.png

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
1704256012865.png

- Belly Drum
1704256043879.png

- Aqua Jet
1704256121712.png

- Knock Off
1704256105833.png

Azumarill is overall a pretty good check for certain Pokémon. Belly Drum allows you to threaten the opposition and have the ability to end the game on the spot or force a defensive tera out the opponent. Knock Off is used over Liquidation mainly to remove Rocky Helmet so Maushold has the ability to Population Bomb easier, also having a way around Water Absorb Clodsire as well has hitting Toxapex and having a chance to OHKO. Play Rough is the strongest move that Azumarill has in its arsenal which has a chance to drop the attack of opposing Kingambits. The reason for Jolly nature is to almost always make sure you're out speeding Kingambit without the need to risking the 50/50 speed tie. Usually when Skarmory switches in they're assuming you are slower but you're able to Knock Off prior to the Iron Defense.

1704255476588.png

Archaludon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
1704256198354.png

- Electro Shot
1704256270908.png

- Flash Cannon
1704256260183.png

- Draco Meteor
1704256245914.png

Archaludon is a very good abuser under rain thanks to Electro Shot. The 56 EVs in speed is used to outspeed bulkier Raging Bolt sets. Tera is for opposing Raging Bolts or certain Dragons that try to hit you can tera out of your weakness and be able to revenge with Draco Meteor. If you get enough Stamina boosts you'll be able to potentially sweep or clean up enough mons where you'll be able to setup for the rest of your teammates. Also Electro Shot is really nice vs Gholdengo under rain where you're able to setup your SpA boosts from a 130 powered move, it's able to 2HKO Gholdengo with no SpA investment. Flash Cannon is Fairy coverage and it's a good STAB in general. Body Press is for Kingambits or Blissey who come in try to revenge and obviously it gets stronger with the Stamina boosts. Draco Meteor vs Dragon Pulse is great for 1 time hits when needed and works much better most of the time since you'll be able to boost the SpA up again with Electro Shot or by switching out and repeating the process. The matchup versus Skeledirge they'll switch in, so Draco Meteor will force them to Tera Fairy from the damage output.

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water / Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
1704256055059.png

- Hurricane
1704256221306.png

- U-turn
1704256214313.png

- Knock Off
1704256098931.png

(awyp here) so I suggested this set for Vic since I saw that this team wasn't really needing the 7 turns of rain with Damp Rock. This team direly needed a hard hitting special attacker especially since it's usually unexpected. Choice Specs has some crazy calcs that I will share on the bottom, but we decided to go for Modest nature for maximum power. Tera Water is for Weather Ball can really break through certain calcs. Weather Ball is the move here because it's 100% accurate and 100 BP under the weather. Hurricane is also an amazing coverage move that is the obvious choice here with 100% accuracy under rain and the ability to confuse which makes Pelipper a hard mon to switch-in to. U-Turn is to pivot and see what the opposition switches into if it looks like an obvious switch that's not worth attacking in. Knock Off is good get rid of Leftovers from special walls, or anything with Rocky Helmet such as Corviknight (SpD variant).

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal in Sun: 145-171 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking-Galar in Rain: 220-261 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu in Rain: 408-480 (79.3 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dondozo in Rain: 229-270 (45.4 - 53.5%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire in Rain: 468-552 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO vs stall

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo in Rain: 351-414 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene in Rain: 316-373 (99.3 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit in Rain: 372-438 (93 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
1704256093259.png

- Swords Dance
1704256059181.png

- Low Kick
1704256201442.png

- Sucker Punch
1704256095152.png

Kingambit is pretty much self explanatory, one of the best Pokemon in the OU tier. The best revenge killer / clean up Pokemon which is the reason it's slapped on the team. Kowtow is for the strongest STAB move to go on mid-ground plays. Swords Dance is to allow Gambit to be a threatening end game sweeper. Low Kick is for opposing Kingambits, and you scout Low Kick with Amoonguss. You only will tera fighting against stall so you're able to beat Dondozo after a few fallen allies with Low Kick. Being under rain is super good against things like Volcarona, Heatran and Iron Moth so it doesn't OHKO. An optional piece to this is going for Lum Berry over Leftovers but it's purely based off of preference.

Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
1704256064171.png

- Population Bomb
1704256062099.png

- Bite
1704256089131.png

- Encore
1704256065961.png

Maushold can also be a lead and force Sticky Web users to switch out or Stun Spore, and you can spam Population Bomb. The majority of the OU metagame gets 1 or 2 shot by Pop bomb, Maushold also forces a 50/50 where if they switch you can get a free Tidy Up and if they go into a Ghost (Bite) will have a chance to beat them with flinch. It has good utility when it comes to Encore so it can setup or force a Pokémon out, which allows you to get a free Tidy Up out of it. Tera Ghost to deal with Dragonite (Extreme Speed) as well as Skarmory Body Presses as a long as Rocky Helmet gets removed since you can just infinite encore, this is also the case with Zamazenta if you're able to catch a Body Press / Close Combat.

Amoonguss @ Red Card
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 27 Spe
- Toxic
1704256233875.png

- Foul Play
1704256086055.png

- Grass Knot
1704256160141.png

- Sludge Bomb
1704256233875.png

Amoonguss is your main physical wall and he can be your lead depending on your opponents team structure. For example if they lead with Cinderace with max attack you'll be able to live a Pyro Ball and get a free Toxic. Grass Knot is here to deal with Dondozo, Garganacl and Great Tusk. Foul Play is to punish Dragonite and the occasional Wellspring if they plan on setting up on you. Sludge Bomb is a good STAB move especially when it comes to dealing with fairies and Ogerpon-Wellsprings. Most the time you want to save your Red Card for any of the new Booster mons or any setup mons in general that is looking threatening. The reason for Tera-Water is really good versus Weavile and Meowscarada, some optional teras would be Tera Ground or Steel if you need it, Tera Ground is to take on Raging Bolt if it plans on Electric spamming your team, Tera Steel is a good mid ground vs Weavile, Meowscarada and Kyurem. Clear Smog over Foul Play is also another option you can swap out. Eject Button is also another option for Amoonguss for a quick pivot if you want to play faster.

Threatlist:

:raging-bolt: - Its the biggest counter to the team, and if has a Booster Energy in SpA, Red Card is your best option against it. Archaludon is a great switch-in and forces a tera and if you're able to catch it going Fairy you can hit it with Flash Cannon. If they're running max bulk you can get a Play Rough on it since sometimes they're not enough speed for a Jolly Azumarill.

:skarmory: :blissey: / :Milotic: Stall - This is the only stall I tend to struggle against, it can be a very long game. It's usually 50/50 depending on your plays, getting the Knock Off on Skarmory is huge and have Population Bomb eventually beating it with Tera ghost.

:Kyurem: - Is the 2nd biggest threat to the team, Freeze Dry spam with Choice Specs hits everything and if you get frozen it starts spiraling out of control pretty quickly. Keeping Maushold alive is your best way to beat it. Maushold can OHKO it (If it doesn't have Chilly Reception support).

Replays:
Arch goes crazy
Arch bodybags 4
Vs Rain
Best thing to happen vs a Kyurem matchup
Forcing Skele to Tera Fairy
How to beat DD Kyurem with Amoonguss
Vs Pinkacross screens team
Vs Meteor Beam Power Herb Glimmora
Vs MAVERICK SHOOTERS
Vs Trick Room
Great Azu read to win the game
Vs LightDN
Disgusting Triple Para to win the game
Maushold Cleanup vs Moltres
Vs Kyurem (Tera Ground)
Pelipper destroys Semi-Stall
Azu goes crazy
Vs Raging Bolt (Tera Fairy)
Vs Weakness Policy Tyranitar + Jolteon
Good reads vs HO Booster Spam
Kingambit vs Kingambit Endgame
Vs Sticky Webs
Vs Boots Spam
Vs Storm Zone
Vs LightDN Redux
Vs Milotic Semi-Stall
Good Kingambit Endgame
Vs Trick Room (Again)
Vs Hatt (Hyper Offense)
Vs Gouging Fire (Dragon Tail) / Taunt Skarmory
Vs Quark Drive Spam
Vs MAVERICK SHOOTERS redux
Amazing Kingambit read
Vs Stall (knexhawk2)
Vs Kyurem + Dozo
Aqua Jet read of the year
Peli goes crazy (2nd account peak)
Vs Booster Spam
Vs Tera Ghost Enamorus (Tera Blast)
Vs Tera Dark (Specs) Darkrai

Former Peak
Vs Antonazz #4
Amoonguss Carry
Peak game

Thank you for reading my RMT!

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Nice team bro, I'm glad I can help with the Pelipper set. This team is very fun to use and I'm a fan of it. I prefer Lum Berry on Kingambit but outside of that I probably keep everything the same. Congrats on the double peak!

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu in Rain: 408-480 (79.3 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit in Rain: 372-438 (93 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
This is insane and I just stepped into a huge puddle while writing that.
Rain with Azu instead of Barraskewda is a really good Idea.

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
This is insane and I just stepped into a huge puddle while writing that.
Rain with Azu instead of Barraskewda is a really good Idea.
thank you, azu feels really nice rn despite the big threats vs it, but does all vs the dragon spam rn

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
Nice team bro, I'm glad I can help with the Pelipper set. This team is very fun to use and I'm a fan of it. I prefer Lum Berry on Kingambit but outside of that I probably keep everything the same. Congrats on the double peak!
You my goat for the Pelli idea, definitely saved me alot of gsmes while when nothing safety can switch

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
Cool team. Just want to shout out I really enjoy the creativity and the RMT format. Well done and congrats on the peak!
Appreciate it! And Thnks to Awyp for helping with the rmt and hopefully I can get higher on my peak in the current meta.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)