Mostly offensive team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, firstly, this is my first ubers team, so please help me.

This is my team:

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Wanted this pokemon all along for providing rain and offense, not much to say except that I dropped Scarf for Specs due to Extremekiller Arceus (which is also why I dropped the speed EVs). Thinking of replacing Water Spout with something else as I rarely use that move. Ice Beam and Thunder for coverage.

@ Earth Plate
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Hone Claws
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This pokemon comes in onto Choiced Thunders, mostly from Palkia, Zekrom and Kyogre aimed at my Kyogre or maybe Skarmory, then proceeds to set up with Substitute and Hone Claws. Substitute allows it to take a hit, so Dugtrio is assured with 2 kills. Dugtrio also kills opposing T-tars with EQ. Note that a +6 SE OHKOs Lugia and EdgeQuake is nearly unresisted in Ubers.

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw

Standard Extremekiller set, though considering EQ over Brick Break. Lum Berry rids status, so at +2 I can 2HKO Giratina-O.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Overheat
- Extremespeed

Standard set too, the nature is due to the fact that the speed increase with a Jolly nature does nothing of importance. Overheat and Outrage have near perfect coverage, and I haven't seen any Heatrans yet. Extremespeed is for Deoxys-A.

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- HP Fighting

With a neutral nature and Max Speed EVs, it outspeeds everything except priority and other Swift Swimmers. Draco Meteor is for immediate power. Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump has great coverage, while HP Fighting can damage Pokemon that resist both, such as Ferrothorn.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

This thing gets completely shut down by Taunt, but usually Taunters are used as leads, such Deoxys-S. I usually come in on Outrages or Pokemon setting up, then lay hazards or phaze. Skarmory can take a +4 Brick Break from Arceus and phaze it away, then roost off most of the damage. I did consider Ferrothorn when Spikes + SR + Leech Seed became possible, but Roost is too good to pass up. I'm also considering an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with an Impish Nature, but I still feel Skarmory is better off walling Outrages and Extremekiller Arceus.

Please comment on my team!

Patience is a virtue lousy...

Anyways, here goes:

Kyogre: Scarf > Specs, Surf > Hydro Pump

This way it can avoid being outsped, and have reliable damage w/ surf

Arceus: Silk Scarf

More damage on STAB E-Speed

Rayquaza: Draco Meteor > Dragon Dance, V-Create > Over Heat

More Damage from more damaging moves, and allows you wall break

Kingdra & Skarmory, leave them be, but I'd suggest using more powerful pokemon

Earth plate on dugtrio? Swap it out for expert belt or life orb. Change Kingdra to a mixed attacker because physical dragon stab is quite valuable now that lati@s has soul dew now. Trade in specs for life orb/expert belt. Give it rash nature with 252 spa 188 spe 66 atk with Outrage/DM/Hydropump/(Hidden Power Fighting/Ice beam) The evs make sure outspend deoxys-s the fastest thing you'll encounter minus the rare scarf skymin. Take the suggestions about rayquaza from the person who posted above me. Good team overall, good luck. :)

Patience is a virtue lousy...

Anyways, here goes:

Kyogre: Scarf > Specs, Surf > Hydro Pump

This way it can avoid being outsped, and have reliable damage w/ surf

Arceus: Silk Scarf

More damage on STAB E-Speed

Rayquaza: Draco Meteor > Dragon Dance, V-Create > Over Heat

More Damage from more damaging moves, and allows you wall break

Kingdra & Skarmory, leave them be, but I'd suggest using more powerful pokemon
Ok, about Scarf>Specs, I did try that, but the Arceus does 55% to Kyogre with Extremespeed and Kyogre can only 2HKO with scarf. Specs does an average of 102% with Surf, while Hydro Pump is a guaranteed OHKO.

Lum Berry allows me to 2HKO Giratina with Shadow Claw if it burns me instead of phazing with Dragon Tail as I always have 1 SD.

May I ask why Draco Meteor on Rayquaza? My Kingdra is faster and stronger on the special side, and V-Create ends my sweep due to the lowered speed.

Earth plate on dugtrio? Swap it out for expert belt or life orb. Change Kingdra to a mixed attacker because physical dragon stab is quite valuable now that lati@s has soul dew now. Trade in specs for life orb/expert belt. Give it rash nature with 252 spa 188 spe 66 atk with Outrage/DM/Hydropump/(Hidden Power Fighting/Ice beam) The evs make sure outspend deoxys-s the fastest thing you'll encounter minus the rare scarf skymin. Take the suggestions about rayquaza from the person who posted above me. Good team overall, good luck. :)
Soul Dew is unreleased. I will try life orb on Dugtrio and mixed Kingdra.

Leave specs, specs ogre is awesome, and u have kiingdra to revenge. However, I would look upon a greater kyogre check as kingdra does not have the defenses to beat kyogre. Thus, a scarfed palkia may prove a better solution than kingdra. And yea life orb > earth plate imo on trio

I have to get you guys to rate 2 more teams.

First team:

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw

Standard Extremekiller set, though considering EQ over Brick Break. Lum Berry rids status, so at +2 I can 2HKO Giratina-O.

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Wanted this pokemon all along for providing rain and offense, not much to say except that I dropped Scarf for Specs due to Extremekiller Arceus (which is also why I dropped the speed EVs). Thinking of replacing Water Spout with something else as I rarely use that move. Ice Beam and Thunder for coverage.

@ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

This thing gets completely shut down by Taunt, but usually Taunters are used as leads, such Deoxys-S. I usually come in on Outrages or Pokemon setting up, then lay hazards or phaze. Skarmory can take a +4 Brick Break from Arceus and phaze it away, then roost off most of the damage. I did consider Ferrothorn when Spikes + SR + Leech Seed became possible, but Roost is too good to pass up. I'm also considering an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with an Impish Nature, but I still feel Skarmory is better off walling Outrages and Extremekiller Arceus.

@ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- HP Fire
- Calm Mind

Heatran is virtually non-existant in Ubers, but if he is, I'm gonna have to switch. Nothing much, except that I CM on the switch.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Ingrain

This thing just smash passes to Dialga. I've noticed that every single time I get 2 Shell Smashes under my belt and Baton Pass to Dialga, something wrong happens. The first time I got disconnected, the 2nd time the opponent froze me TWICE in a row, and the third time Blaziken woke up and OHKOed me.

@ White Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 132 Atk / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
- Brick Break
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Brick Break is reserved specifically for Chansey and Blissey, other moves are self-explanatory. This thing is close to unstoppable, but the existance of swift swimmers (namely Kabutops) bring this thing down.

Please rate my team!

My 2nd team is completely OU. Yes, it's legal in OU. No, I'm not using it for OU, I'm using it for Ubers.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Safeguard

This is just a filler pokemon, lol. Somebody tell me when Custap Berry is released.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-o-wisp
- Recover
- Night Shade

My main Arceus counter, though I'm not sure whether to use Foul Play > Night Shade. Should I?

@ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

This thing walls Kyogre all day. It mirror coats Special Attackers, what else to say?

@ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Taunt bait, and somebody tell me how my Whirlwind missed against Garchomp in the RAIN. Lays Spikes and Stealth Rock, stuff like that.

@ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Simple.

Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Again, I'm in Ubers, so very few Heatrans appear.

Yes, I know. No attacking pokemon. I'm thinking of something over Wobbuffet.

1st team:

First of all, put Earthquake in Brick Break's slot on Arceus, as Heatran completely walls Rayquaza. Second of all, for a fourth move, I would suggest Hidden Power Grass or Fighting-both provide some good coverage. Without HP Grass, for instance, Gastrodon can wall you.

Personally, I wouldn't use the same thread to rate separate teams, especially if the original team you were inquiring about needs work to begin with.

Posting multiple teams in a single thread in unacceptable, please wait some time before posting another RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)