Most Underrated Pokémon of Generation 5

Kyurem is not done better by other dragons. Other dragons get hurt by hail, and are weak to an opponent Hail team's Blizzard.
Immunity to Hail isn't anything notable, with the exception of Pokemon that need every point of their HP. Even most good dedicated Hail teams don't care enough about it to use more than a couple of Ice-types.

Blizzard is another matter, but it isn't a huge deal, especially with the rarity of Hail teams in the first place. I can't see it ever being a reason to use Kyurem over other Dragon-types. Lack of weakness to other Ice-type moves, such as Ice Beam, HP Ice, and Ice Shard, is another matter, but again, it's difficult to imagine that being a reason to use Kyurem over other Dragons when considering all the weaknesses it gains from its typing.

There are certainly reasons to use Kyurem, but its Ice typing is not one of them.

Kyurem is useful in that it is like the ultimate steel lure and has one of the highest special attacks with high bulk. Dragons can't safely switch in at first and it has Grass/Water/Electric weaknesses, Priority users also are lured in and or killed against it and it has both Dragon and Ice moves. Stealth Rock shouldn't be as big a deal for it if you're playing it and should have Rapid Spin/Wish support anyhow and it simply doesn't die. It can also set up Screens and be incredibly hard to kill as well as Specs spam you in Hail.

Let's see... Accelgor is inherently terrible and your crustle has an illegal item (custap is not yet released).
Wow, instead of explaining how Accelgor is bad you just say he is. That's great. What makes him so bad?

As for an illegal item, who cares? The berry is going to be released sometime and can one not just trade one forward from 4th gen?

I'm not offended by certain things being terrible, and if they are so be it. I'd just like an explanation as to why before I accept your opinion as even remotely valid.

Wow, instead of explaining how Accelgor is bad you just say he is. That's great. What makes him so bad?

As for an illegal item, who cares? The berry is going to be released sometime and can one not just trade one forward from 4th gen?

I'm not offended by certain things being terrible, and if they are so be it. I'd just like an explanation as to why before I accept your opinion as even remotely valid.
Items can't be transferred from GenIV.

I don't think Accelgor is that bad, but it is extremely frail. It also can't make up for that in a significant way- it can't set up hazards like Aerodactyl, it doesn't have useful moves to BP like Floatzel other than Agility, and it doesn't have the firepower to match Starmie.

Again, I don't think it's bad- it's still extremely fast and can hit decently hard with Bug Buzz. But aside from Agilipassing or pulling off Guard Shift (which it can actually do semi-decently), it isn't a mainstay.

I don't think Accelgor is that bad, but it is extremely frail. It also can't make up for that in a significant way- it can't set up hazards like Aerodactyl, it doesn't have useful moves to BP like Floatzel other than Agility, and it doesn't have the firepower to match Starmie.
I'm pretty sure it gets Spikes...

Yeah but he doesn't get taunt. Aerodactyls best utility was/is taunting enemy taunters/leads, and then getting the stealth rock down... while Accelgor cant taunt and might get only one layer of spikes down before hes taunted instead.

I dont think thats a big deal though. I think Accelgor is great as a lead/scout. Coming in and out of battle to lay spikes and U-Turn around, with the addition of death gambit to counter opposing dangerous threats... I think its worth it for sure.

Not to mention hes got Yawn to phase bulky set up pokemon, such as Reuniclus and Conkelldur. However, phasing those 2 isn't as good as actually putting them to sleep or actually killing them... they CAN just come back in and set up again, and this is more like a "do-over" tactic so you can be prepared for it on their round 2 of set up.

Well that's dumb, but good to know.

I don't think Accelgor is that bad, but it is extremely frail. It also can't make up for that in a significant way- it can't set up hazards like Aerodactyl,
It gets Spikes by breeding with Crustle I think, but I know it gets them. It's naturally faster than a max speed Aerodactyl too, needing only 136EV's on a +Spd nature to outspeed all +Spd nature, base 130's, which isn't anything to scoff at if you ask me.

Also access to Extreme Risk off of it's top HP of 364 lets it come in on most things and just straight up kill them 100% of the time, hence the viability of the Scarf set to deal with the extremely powerful Butterfly Dance, and the still good Dragon Dance sweepers.

Overall Accelgor has a lot of viability this gen as a lead or dedicated Risk killer for a team as the other users of Extreme Risk(besides Victini) are weaker(in HP) or slower than it. Even coming in on Rocks lets it kill off weakened Pokemon of up to 273HP.

Yeah but he doesn't get taunt. Aerodactyls best utility was/is taunting enemy taunters/leads, and then getting the stealth rock down... while Accelgor cant taunt and might get only one layer of spikes down before hes taunted instead.
I can see how this would be considered a weakness, but setting up 3 layers of spikes against conventional leads is great. Obviously I'm talking about 1st layer on their Rocks, 2nd on their first attack and 3rd on their killing you. If they switch after Rocks you can get the 2nd layer for free and Risk their switch in for being dumb.

I dont think thats a big deal though. I think Accelgor is great as a lead/scout. Coming in and out of battle to lay spikes and U-Turn around, with the addition of death gambit to counter opposing dangerous threats... I think its worth it for sure.
I see this as his main usage tbh, and he'll do it better than a lot of Pokemon providing that hazards aren't up.

In this meta a Dragon have to be really great to be used over Garchomp and Latis
I mean with best Dragon(Chomp) ever why would i use choiced whatever ?
The fact that 108 Clan carry HP ice which OHKO mence but wont OHKO chomp all the time also sucks.
Not saying mence is bad, but i prefer chomp and latis most of time and if i have 2 slot i use them or Dnite(lol how time flies). Yeah i dont use crimgan anymore after seeing how bulky gen 5 meta is. If gen 5 meta is less bulky or crimgan get Waterfall, i use it again

yeah it is supposed to be that. If they take it seriously they will game him more hp and waterfall for eff sake.

Doesnt stop him from being awesome though tbh.
But this meta's bulk is just too much for him

I decided to try some sets i saw in 4 Generation that were gimmicks then. My favorite i came up with was CB Togekiss. I ran this:

Togekiss@Choice Band
Adamant Nature/Hustle
252HP/252Atk/4Spe
Moves:
Extremespeed
Double-Edge
Drain Punch
Aerial Ace

Extremespeed is for a Ridiculously powered priority move, boosted by STAB+Hustle+Choice Band. It hurts..a lot.
Double Edge is for when Kiss needs all the power it can get. It 2KO'd most Reunicli i ran into.
Aerial Ace is for a more reliable STAB option for late-game sweeping. It bupasses Hustle's Acc drop, but it in itself is a weak move...barely used it.
Drain Punch is to heal off DE's Recoil, take down steel/Rocks, and just round off the set.

When it misses, I cry, but when it doesn't, GG opponent.

Yeah, that's the best part. If you like Druddigon, feel free to use it in the lower tiers.

Also, I heard that they had competitive battling in Japan, too, and that Game Freak knows about it... What's the Japanese equivalent of Smogon?

Also, I actually think that Game Freak knew that Moody would be broken and made it anyway, because it is lulzy. That's probably why they made it a Hidden Ability.

breh

強いだね
I decided to try some sets i saw in 4 Generation that were gimmicks then. My favorite i came up with was CB Togekiss. I ran this:

Togekiss@Choice Band
Adamant Nature/Hustle
252HP/252Atk/4Spe
Moves:
Extremespeed
Double-Edge
Drain Punch
Aerial Ace

Extremespeed is for a Ridiculously powered priority move, boosted by STAB+Hustle+Choice Band. It hurts..a lot.
Double Edge is for when Kiss needs all the power it can get. It 2KO'd most Reunicli i ran into.
Aerial Ace is for a more reliable STAB option for late-game sweeping. It bupasses Hustle's Acc drop, but it in itself is a weak move...barely used it.
Drain Punch is to heal off DE's Recoil, take down steel/Rocks, and just round off the set.

When it misses, I cry, but when it doesn't, GG opponent.
An interesting set to say the least.

Extremespeed/Double Edge/Drain Punch/Zen Headbutt seems better though (the only thing you miss is sableye); Trick is also an interesting option.

Just to note, Togekiss has an effective base 100 attack with hustle.

what is moody ?

btw sine there is no lower tier, i am forced(and only) will use crim on OU though.
He is still sueful in higher tiers tbh

Mew and Latios are UU on the PO server IIRC, so probably them.

Bisharp looks like it could very well be a major player in the Uber tier. At very least it's a hard Mewtwo counter. There's not much Lugia and Giratina can do about it either, and with good prediction you can get an SD on the switch and have a good chance of killing whatever comes in with sucker punch. It can't do anything against Reshiram, Kyogre or Fighting Arceus though.

Hard mewtwo Counter ? your kidding. Switch him on Fire Blast, Aura Sphere etc and he will be dead. Check then yeah it is one of the best check(not the best)
Also note mewtwo can sub on your move. Not really reliable considering Pressure too.

Lugia can just phaze and you cant use sucker punch more than 4 time while your fighting coverage is 4 resisted.
Gira can use aura sphere, W-o-w, and HP fire.

Mew and Latios is underatted until now where Latios is Overatted and Mew is unseen(and in PO its BL iirc due to the broken Taunt WoW set ive been using since gen 5 round 2 begin)

Krookadile seems to have some potential if you scarf it maybe a set like this.

Krookadile @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4HP 252Attk 252Spd
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

I use a set sort of like this on a Hera and it seems to be pretty effective. Moxie + Scarf is a killer combination and can set up by just being sent in for an easy revenge kill. The only problem this set really has is the always popular Nattorei which could wall it completely without much trouble. That is probably why you don't see this poke to often with the prevelance of Nattorei in the metagame. I still think after about 2 kills it will be able to wreck teams with ease however, I think it will probably stay in UU though due to our friend the steel weed.

Krookadile seems to have some potential if you scarf it maybe a set like this.

Krookadile @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4HP 252Attk 252Spd
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

I use a set sort of like this on a Hera and it seems to be pretty effective. Moxie + Scarf is a killer combination and can set up by just being sent in for an easy revenge kill. The only problem this set really has is the always popular Nattorei which could wall it completely without much trouble. That is probably why you don't see this poke to often with the prevelance of Nattorei in the metagame. I still think after about 2 kills it will be able to wreck teams with ease however, I think it will probably stay in UU though due to our friend the steel weed.
I don't know why you wouldn't just run Fire Fang over Stone Edge on this. As well, Outrage is largely unnecessary when its not STAB, Fire Fang hits more thinks super effectively (especially Ferrothorn and Skarmory who will wall it to no end otherwise), and the only thing that Krookodiles STAB's + Fire Fang doesn't hit for SE damage is Hydreigon, who can be hit with Dragon Claw (Doesn't lock the user into the move unlike Outrage).

So yeah a moveset of:
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Dragon Claw

is walled by much less.

Yeah you are right about Fire Fang being more useful than Stone Edge but Outrage wouldn't really make a diffrence if you are locked into it or not because Choice Scarf would lock you into Dragon Claw anyway and if you become confused just switch.

Earthquake
Crunch
Fire Fang
Outrage

Would probably be my prefered set.

I don't think you understand how outrage works. When you use outrage, it has to be used continually over two or three turns. That means your opponent can switch to a steel type and do whatever it wants until you stop raging. Dragon Claw is only used once, which means you can switch out immediately.

I don't think you understand how outrage works. When you use outrage, it has to be used continually over two or three turns. That means your opponent can switch to a steel type and do whatever it wants until you stop raging. Dragon Claw is only used once, which means you can switch out immediately.
I think you missed the key part. Or rather, you didn't explain it in enough detail for someone who has no idea what it is to learn what it is.

If you use Choice Scarf Dragon Claw, you can switch out anytime. If you use Choice Scarf Outrage, you can't; you have to stay in for the full 2-3 turns.

Wow I can't believe I forgot that yeah I geuss under those circumstances Dragon Claw would be better I am going to go and try out that thing on my team on PO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)