Other Most Improved Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love BellyJet Azumarill, even that can't compete with Scolipede. It gained +10 base attack, its Poison-typing was buffed, and it gained the biggest prize of all, Speed Boost. It already had SD and Baton Pass, so everything better watch out - there's a much scarier megapede in town.

Honorable mention to Brobat, who's looking to reclaim his OU title this gen.
What boosts has crobat got this gen?

A lot of pokemon have seen marked improvements this generation. Here's my shortlist of non-Mega favourites:
Slowbro, because of all the newly risen threats he can deal with (Azumarill, Talonflame, Mega Scizor).
Mandibuzz, one of the best defoggers, phazers and walls in the meta right now (Knock Off buff, Defog buff, Overcoat Buff)
Clefable, getting mono-fairy typing. Great as a Status Absorber cleric (and Moonblast + LO hits hard)
Roserade, getting huge set versatility from the change in breeding mechanics, and one of the winners of the HP nerf
Rotom-Heat, counters a lot of threats (Talonflame, Scizor, Mamoswine) and absorbs 2 kinds of status
Chatot, getting access to two super-good STABs (it's not OU, maaaaaaybe UU, but Boomburst and Chatter are scary stuff)

I think Rotom-H got quite the buff this gen.

Thanks to the electric buff it now absorbs burn and paralysis.

Now that fairies are running around this thing has 8 resistances!

That makes Rotom-F is the most effective status absorber in the game thanks to its unique typing.

personally I am pretty hyped about a wall that cannot be burned.
Currently I am thinking about running one instead of my arcanine thanks to superior bulk and access to voltswitch to maintain my momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)