Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

The same one that is there by default, 19, which actually surprised me, I don't normally have that kind of luck, haha.
I didn't find any Sassy or Hasty frames for you :o

3256 923574DD Hasty 1 221 5 Yes No No !!!
57240 CC0F2AE6 Hasty 0 230 2 Yes Yes No !!!

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't find any Sassy or Hasty frames for you :o

3256 923574DD Hasty 1 221 5 Yes No No !!!
57240 CC0F2AE6 Hasty 0 230 2 Yes Yes No !!!
Thank you very much! Now to get that Gengar done.

Found these:
3256 Hasty 0 redraws, Old man has egg in 70% column only
23718 Hasty 3 redraws, Old man has egg in all cases
41235 Sassy 4 redraws, Old man has egg in all cases
5957 Sassy 5 redraws, Old man has egg in 70% column only

Found these:
Oh, I didn't understand the redraws thing, so I just let that be.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Found these:
Woot! Thanks a lot!

At what exact moment are the legendary beasts' IVs generated from the Burned Tower in HGSS? When you go down the ladder and encounter them for the first time, right?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of when doing this?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why does that affect the timer though?
Because those things all affect your total delay and the time the game starts. If your game loads slightly faster than average, or you consistently press A just after the timer ends, then it will have to compensate for that so that everything happens at the right time.

Is the VGC Larvitar a normal wondercard or a GLAN wondercard?

It's fixed Shiny and fixed nature so I think that means it's GLAN.

Can somebody confirm this for me?

Can someone please tell me what the Bug Catcher Contest encounter slots are? REALLY want a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Scizor from the BCC!

Can someone please tell me what the Bug Catcher Contest encounter slots are? REALLY want a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Scizor from the BCC!
I don't remember all of the slots, but I know that Scyther is 8, Pinsir is 9, Paras is 7, and Nincada is either 2 or 4 (I think it's 2). Btw, 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant BCC Technician Scyther isn't catchable. You have to settle for a 30 in one of the IVs.

At what exact moment are the legendary beasts' IVs generated from the Burned Tower in HGSS? When you go down the ladder and encounter them for the first time, right?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of when doing this?
IVs are set when you move that last step to make the dogs run away. I didn't notice anything weird.

Why is the 31/31/31/x/31/31 Scyther not catchable? Is it because you can only pick Synchronize OR Sweet Scent?

And thank you so much!! :D

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I then biked around a few steps to catch my ditto
That's what you did wrong, walking around is most likely advancing your frames. The easiest way to capture wild pokemon is to advance the frames by either calling elm, using the radio station or chattos. I believe you only have to advance to frame 18 and then use sweet scent.

Haha had just been told that and went to delete message before some poor sod read my post and tried to help! Thanks for the advice though and taking the time, sorry I wasted it Cereza!

Ok, so here's something: I look for a 31all IV Ditto in Cerulean Cave (Unknown Cave) in 2011 in the time finder using method K and selecting 'Wild Pokemon'. Min/Max Delay 800/6000, Min/Max Frame 1/100.

It finds 12 results and I pick the 6th one:
Seed: 7B100958 Frame: 20 Hr:16 Synchronize PID:685011A9 Encounter Slot: 5 Nature: Modest Ability:1 IVs: 31all.

'Generate more times' shows me Elm responses of PKEPKKKEEK.
I choose 2011/01/06 16:57:50 Delay 2381 to generate adjacents from, and also paste the seed back into the first RNG reporter window to track what should appear at each frame.

Although the results show the correct sequence of Elm responces, the IVs and Nature are completely different: Calm 9/13/4/2/26/16 and Ability is 0, not 1. I did make sure to select Method K (HGSS) here as well, even.

More worryingly, I advance to frame 18 using Elm calls, then sweet scent to get my frame 20 Pokemon. And I get... Parasect! When I caught it, I found all its stats matched the rubbish stats given for frame 20. But frame 20 says Encounter slot:5, whereas Parasect is slot 1 in the day.

What the heck is going on? Why does the Seed that gave perfect results in Time Finder give crap results in the reporter? Its the same gorramn seed! Also, why did a Parasect appear when the encounter slot said 5 and it should have been a Ditto?

Here's an extra bit: Instead of the 6th result, i now choose the 9th one, with Seed C11409DB and PID E9375A48, Encounter Slot: 5, also with perfect stats, this time Nature: Calm. It is on frame 6. 'Generate More Times' says the Delay is 2512.

When I chuck that seed back into the Reporter, I actually do find a 31all IV Calm Pokemon wih the same PID, but this time it is on frame 14 and its encounter slot is 1.

Why the inconsistency?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Did you make sure to mark that you'll be using a syncronizer? I did the same search as yours and get Calm 9/13/4/2/26/16 on frame 20 if I don't mark the syncronizer and flawless if I do. That means that to get that ditto you will need a pokemon with the Synchronize ability and a modest nature as your lead.

Okay, I need help. I am trying to RNG Azelf on Platinum. I don't want it shiny, I just want the spread I found, which is Modest 31/31/30/31/31/30. It gives me a delay of 644, with a j (no synch) of 33. The seed is 9B0E0290. My game gave me a delay of 604, with 23 seconds. So, I've tried this with the eontimer as well as just syching to an external clock, but I keep missing! And the poketch flips keeps saying that what I get doesn't match any that it finds. Help please!

Did you make sure to mark that you'll be using a syncronizer? I did the same search as yours and get Calm 9/13/4/2/26/16 on frame 20 if I don't mark the syncronizer and flawless if I do. That means that to get that ditto you will need a pokemon with the Synchronize ability and a modest nature as your lead.
Aha right so here's what I'm missing. I didn't mark the sync box with modest, causing me confusion with what the ivs are per frame and to make it worse I had a timid lead, thinking it would sync the modest nature into a timid one, so even when I did hit my frame, I couldn't have the right one! I think I'm getting this. (Brain explodes from 6 days of intermittant RNGing)

While writing this, I changed sync nature to timid and found exact matches to what I was getting...

Sweet Scent on frame 18* gave me a frame 19 Parasect Calm 9/13/4/2/24/16
Sweet Scent on frame 20* gave me a frame 22 Ditto Timid 8/6/12/31/21/11

*The frames I list as having used sweet scent on above don't match up - I thought it was meant to be consistant 1 or 2 frame advancement per game for Sweet Scent - but it is also likely i was on frame 17, not 18 since there were a few repeated Es in Elm's responses. I'll clear this up though, hopefully.

Thanks for your help dude - much appreciated :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sweet Scent on frame 18* gave me a frame 19 Parasect Calm 9/13/4/2/24/16
Sweet Scent on frame 20* gave me a frame 22 Ditto Timid 8/6/12/31/21/11

*The frames I list as having used sweet scent on above don't match up - I thought it was meant to be consistant 1 or 2 frame advancement per game for Sweet Scent - but it is also likely i was on frame 17, not 18 since there were a few repeated Es in Elm's responses. I'll clear this up though, hopefully.

Thanks for your help dude - much appreciated :)
Those guides are outdated. Sweet Scent doesn't actually give a +1 frame advancement; that was caused by older RNG Reporters not keeping track of extra RNG calls for encounter slots. All you have to do now is select the correct Encounter Type for the job. (Wild is the default, so you're okay for this.)

Also, are you riding your bike when you Sweet Scent?

Why is the 31/31/31/x/31/31 Scyther not catchable? Is it because you can only pick Synchronize OR Sweet Scent?

And thank you so much!! :D
Well, that's part of the reason. If you go to the time finder and search for a BCC 31/31/31/x/31/31 ability 1 Adamant spread with slot 8, the only results you'll get require a Cute Charm lead. And nothing with CC can learn sweet scent, unless you mimic glitch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)