Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I heard that it's best to avoid Mondays (when Joey calls) to avoid the frame advance. It screws you up completely.

And Bakus, do you happen to know the Monster frame for HG/SS?
I've heard it's good to avoid Mondays too, but for me it doesn't seem to matter, every time I've RNG'd for HG breeding it's always "lets rebattle" from Joey, and it advances just fine, but that might be my game.

Ragnar: Monster frame for HG/SS in what case?
Legendaries are almost always 1 so it's a safe bet to go with that.
Professor Oak Starters for most people varies, so you need to figure out which frames his pokes are on (they might have different frame numbers, but I couldn't find the information anywhere when I did mine).
Steven Stone's Starters are 1 like all legendaries.

Sweet scenting can vary in HG/SS so you need to do a one time calibration to see how much it advances:
Grass/Cave: +1 or +2
Water: I'm guessing +2 or +3 (for me it was +2)

On platium this is wat i do to find out my save frame

Step 1. Get egg from daycare
Step 2. Fly to Magikarps Catch check stats
Step 3. Check Iv's on Egg mon hatched
Step 4.Put in Check my save frame

I look at the cowgirls and i see them never moveing when i get ingame but this is kind of save frames im getting

try 1: 8
try 2:12
Try 3:10
Try 4 9

Who else do i have to worry about who can advance the save frame i only think about the cowgirls but who else can advance the save frame haveing real trouble anyone help me out

hi again. all right so i'm trying not to mess up so i want to know what i need to put in the boxes that pop up when you click "generate adjacent results" in the 4th generation time finder section.

before i move on i wanna know what i need to put in each of these boxes

min/max seconds
[] [] <<<<--------the seconds of my target frame?

min/max delays
[] [] <<<------??

min/max frames
[] [] <<<------??

also, about the date/clock thing, my target frame is

SEED: 1807027E
DATE: 2010 / 10 / 01
TIME: 07:00:14
DELAY: 628
FRAME: 5
SPREAD: 31 / 30 / 30 / 13 / B / B
so when i change the date on my ds i will have to make the date 10/01? and then change it again to 10/03?

so change my date 3 times?
change it from today's date 10/12 ----- TO ------ 10/01-------- TO -----10/03?

NOW to the clock.
when i change the time on my ds i will FIRST have to change it to 07:00:14?

TARGET TIME
7:00:14

SYNCHRONIZE TIMEE
7:00:14 - 0:00:14 = 7:00:00 - 0:01:00 = 6:59:00

RESET TIME

7:00:14 - 00:00:14 = 7:00:00

So set the time on my DS to 6:59:00 ??

turn off the ds (i have to), quickly turn it back on BUT wait to press A on the DS SCREEN until the clock reaches 7:00:00? then tap A really fast to get to the continue screen in 14 seconds right?

for a better reference im talking about the 5:26 mark on this vid; i watched the vid so many times but i can't quite understand those last steps from 5:26 till the end of the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLVknVQyc8

dragonboy52: Technically...I've never had it go wrong when choosing anything different. The only thing I can think of are eggs in which you generate a specific date prior to going to seed to time.

demondragon0: I thought you already done this but forgot? :/
You don't have to fly to an area if you have an AR. Just head up from Solaceon town. And ideally your save frame should always be a SINGLE number. At the least, it should be one up or down. What you're getting means you're not pushing a as fast as you can (or you're not consistent with your pushing). There is at least one other person in Solaceon who advances the frame.

ezequiel566: min/max values are just how far you want RNG reporter to search for spreads close to the ones you got. Normally seconds are kept the same as your calibrated/target seconds while frame/delays are dependent on you - ie how many adjacent results do you want to receive in return?

If your target date is 10/1 why would you change it again to 10/3? That doesn't make sense.

The clock setting seems right - usually most people don't go for target times at x:00 (I hear it might mess things up but I don't think anything's been confirmed).

As for when to hit continue - you set your time at 6:59. Reset at 7:00:00 and hit a to enter the game (ie hit a to go past the continue screen) at the second timer in pikatimer.

When trying to open the Pokegear during RNG in HG. Does it need to be opened through the touch screen or can you use X (or Y I forget which one) to do it manually? It would seem the manual method would be easier to hit consistently that's why I'm asking if the Pokegear needs to be opened with the Stylus or can you press X which just "pauses" the game for you to be able to use the D-Pad to choose any of the bottom options, including the Pokegear.

Hopefully I was clear on this.

When trying to open the Pokegear during RNG in HG. Does it need to be opened through the touch screen or can you use X (or Y I forget which one) to do it manually? It would seem the manual method would be easier to hit consistently that's why I'm asking if the Pokegear needs to be opened with the Stylus or can you press X which just "pauses" the game for you to be able to use the D-Pad to choose any of the bottom options, including the Pokegear.

Hopefully I was clear on this.
Any way is fine from my experience. :)

bakus yes i have done this before and it worked but it never worked after that i face in front of the daycare man yes i mash into the game

But still im getting weird frames so who else advances the frame at the daycare when in front of the daycare man i have the two cowgirls but who else does do you have any clue

I can hit my delay and seconds peace of cake this is just the part was gets me

when should i save should i save just when both cowgirls move at the sametime or is there other npc i have to worry about

yea ok i use my ar in the same area thanks

@bakus

i thought you had to advance the date from the target date by TWO days in order to make the journal appear?

also, is it fine if i do this in the adjacent results box then?

min/max seconds
[ 14 ] [ 14 ]

14 seconds is my target seconds as well as my calibrated seconds

min/max delays
[ 618 ] [ 638 ]

I have seen that my lowest delay has mostly been 618 (616 like two times only) so i made 618 my lowest and added 10 to get to 628 (target delay) and 10 more to get to 638; i chose 638 because that's usually the highest delay i hit

min/max frames
[ 4 ] [ 6 ]

my target frame is 5, so since it's my first time RNG'ing, would it make sense to make the min 4 and the max 6 ; i'm saying that im most likely not gonna hit my target frame on my first try so i might land in a frame of 6, or should i make that like 10 since it's my first time?

last thing, i am using a pokemon diamond game. does pikatimer work with that? and where can i find pikatimer? i read its section on the first page but it doesn't say where it is.

thank you

Ok wierd happinings going on here on my Platinum game. I'm on Route 206 trying to catch me some Larvitar, Beat the Hiker, and ignoring the Bikers. However, everytime I'm working on Frame 17, I keep hitting frame 59 (or 125 because they both are similar). Some assistance is most appreciated.

Ok wierd happinings going on here on my Platinum game. I'm on Route 206 trying to catch me some Larvitar, Beat the Hiker, and ignoring the Bikers. However, everytime I'm working on Frame 17, I keep hitting frame 59 (or 125 because they both are similar). Some assistance is most appreciated.
Are you walking at all when advancing your frame?
Have you looked for any other randomly moving/turning NPC's?

I found out there was another NPC who doesn't battle. I don't really visit there often so I must have forgotten or I never saw him at all. Now I need to figure out if his movements are random or a set pattern.

I found out there was another NPC who doesn't battle. I don't really visit there often so I must have forgotten or I never saw him at all. Now I need to figure out if his movements are random or a set pattern.
Yeah, because that's the only thing I can think of that's happening if you aren't moving around at all.

It's definitely because of that, I but I just now found that out. This isn't the first time I've had that kind of trouble, so I'll be ok and thanks.

Can anyone tell me how much Frame the Non-Fighting NPC on Platinum Route 206 Advances? The spread I got after he moved once spans all over so it's hard to tell.

Can anyone tell me how much Frame the Non-Fighting NPC on Platinum Route 206 Advances? The spread I got after he moved once spans all over so it's hard to tell.
I'd say your best bet would be to find a spread with a very low frame, have the journal auto pop up when you get in the game, do your journal flips, exit and quickly enter the start menu to sweet scent, hopefully avoiding any movement from the NPC. You would have to do this with each reset of course, but I've found it to give the most consistent frame. Make sure you check what frame you hit the first few times to make sure you're hitting the right one, and adjust if need be. I did it that way a long time ago to catch a growlithe next to Sandgem. You may have to release a roamer depending whether your frame is odd or even to do it this way.

I'd say your best bet would be to find a spread with a very low frame, have the journal auto pop up when you get in the game, do your journal flips, exit and quickly enter the start menu to sweet scent, hopefully avoiding any movement from the NPC. You would have to do this with each reset of course, but I've found it to give the most consistent frame. Make sure you check what frame you hit the first few times to make sure you're hitting the right one, and adjust if need be. I did it that way a long time ago to catch a growlithe next to Sandgem. You may have to release a roamer depending whether your frame is odd or even to do it this way.
I actually found out that the NPC's single turn was advancing the frame by 4 and was going to announce my findings for anyone who might have the same problem in the future (though with B/W I doubt most people are even thinking about Route 6 on Platinum), but is it different for every seed, or will it's frame advancement always be the same?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)