Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No, I am saying I have figured out the real way to ensure a traded shiny egg IS shiny on the recieving end, and your method (just performing the taps and flips as if for the other ID/SID) does not work. Its all based around the eggs PID, and I tested and retested. Your method is fundementally flawed in the fact that all PID's would have to be under the same frames in the same seeds on every game, which, quite obviously, they are not.

Really, go try it yourself. It's all in the PID. (Tested, and retested by me. Dont believe me? Test it yourself. The PID's change completely from game to game - for eggs at least. I made no errors, and even did a test with a file using pokesav. When I changed the sav'ed games ID/SID to the target ID/SID and made an egg the usual way, it had the correct PID, and once traded, remained shiny inside the egg. The same taps and flips on that game with a different ID/SID yielded a completely different end result.)

It took a long time to pinpoint the issues, and I am not going to argue over somantics. The method you NEED to use (no question) is the one I posted above. I highly doubt that can be simplified any further either, but I would be happy if it was possible to simplify it. Mingot could use this information to add to the RNG reporter though, and make it easy.

The only thing with that though, is that it creates more work for Mingot. =(
I will test this later today because I know this has worked for other people, and the PID is set in stone when the pokemon egg is created. I am pretty sure the trading an egg to someone to make it shiny on their game has worked by some people before.

If anyone has traded the egg and made it non shiny then it changed shiny, please confirm.

Hey, I've heard that LF and Arael managed to crack the Pokeradar RNG, may I know how it works? I don't see any information on catching Pokeradar Pokemon in the 4th post.

Seriously!!!!! I've got to know if this is true or not also. Also I'm having trouble in the calibration phase of the research, ever since I started clicking "A" as fast as I can I've been seconds ranging from 16-25, and delays from 619-625. Should I continue this way or just hit "A" like I normally do which is the way I was doing it to get my set seconds of 14 and set delay range of 620-625?

Seriously!!!!! I've got to know if this is true or not also. Also I'm having trouble in the calibration phase of the research, ever since I started clicking "A" as fast as I can I've been seconds ranging from 16-25, and delays from 619-625. Should I continue this way or just hit "A" like I normally do which is the way I was doing it to get my set seconds of 14 and set delay range of 620-625?
Do whatever you need to be consistent.

I will post info on the pokeradar later since I have most of the info needed now.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Mingot: I have an unusual request. Can a future version of the RNG reporter have an option to find specific PID's for a seed? (I.E you know about a shiny PID on one game, but need to know how to get an egg with that PID on another game.)

I ask this because I noticed the PID's dont let you use any normal method to get an egg for another cartidge. Well, you get the egg, but nothing about it is correct. I tested this thoroughly when I got my new platinum, as I wanted to train a shiny ralts through story instead of a starter. (Damn the pokemon not listening to me =P) Got there after a LOT of hassle, and was wondering if a simple option to search for a PID might be possible? Especially if you can search within a seed.

I actually found the problem very vexing. To get the egg you need to catch your pokemon, and check the seed. Then you have to have a second RNG reporter window open with the other games ID/SID, and generate your search list with the seed you have. You then find the shiny you want and find its PID. You then go back to the original RNG reporter window, generate the list there too (without checking the shiny only box) and then proceed to look for the PID... Which then usually needs an insane amount of taps/flips.

It would be nice to simplify this.

Just something for the wishlist.
I'm not really sure what you are doing/trying to accomplish here, what it sounds like is that you are wanting to get an egg on one cartridge and then transfer it to another cartridge and have it be shiny after it hatches?

If your seconds vary that much, you are doing something very wrong during calibration. Most likely not putting in/updating the correct minutes. The delays are fine.

I will test this later today because I know this has worked for other people, and the PID is set in stone when the pokemon egg is created. I am pretty sure the trading an egg to someone to make it shiny on their game has worked by some people before.

If anyone has traded the egg and made it non shiny then it changed shiny, please confirm.
I don't want to advertise, but I've been doing this "trading an egg to the trainer making it shiny" for more than a year, and it always worked (except for when I did some math mistake or traded the wrong eggs from the masses).

It's kind of a clique. You don't have to do any luck manipulation, you only need the secret IDs from as many trainers as possible (taken from the eggs) and some program matching the XORed PID to the trainers list. Successful more than 150 times.

So I'd be *very* surprised if PID suddenly turned out to change after trading or any time after the egg has been created.

TCC

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, I am aware of these egg trading groups and it's a pretty cool way to get shinies. When you have a moderately large group of folks the numbers actually work out pretty good for a few folks to be able to hatch shiny. And of course, it relies on the PID remaining constant after you collect an egg. To be honest, though, I am not 100% sure that the poster was getting at, so I will wait. And you should get on IRC again sometime. :P

I don't want to advertise, but I've been doing this "trading an egg to the trainer making it shiny" for more than a year, and it always worked (except for when I did some math mistake or traded the wrong eggs from the masses).

It's kind of a clique. You don't have to do any luck manipulation, you only need the secret IDs from as many trainers as possible (taken from the eggs) and some program matching the XORed PID to the trainers list. Successful more than 150 times.

So I'd be *very* surprised if PID suddenly turned out to change after trading or any time after the egg has been created.

TCC

I've tried both Sephironas and Syberias Emloop ways of RNGing for higher delays, but when I run the timers, it only does the Pre-set Time (the value of 60 in Syberias guide) and then the second timer goes for 10 seconds so I can never wait at the continue screen and hit continue when the timer runs out. Is there something else I need to put into Emloop?

Do whatever you need to be consistent.

I will post info on the pokeradar later since I have most of the info needed now.
Can't wait:D

@Mingot: What do you mean update my minutes? You mean each time I reset do I go and change the minutes in the RNG Reporter that I previously had? If so then I've been doing this, it's just that since I've started rapidly clicking the "A" button as fast as I can I can't seem to get a consistent seconds reading. Also in the OP it says that each time you reset for the calibration phase you have to reset at the top of the minute, at least I think, I was just wondering if this is "necessary?"

When RNGing for a shiny egg, I am still getting Poketech taps like this (even for the first one on the list), 1590 Happiness taps, 14 coin toss. What am I doing wrong, when I watched the video, he only had to do 106 Happiness taps, and 2 coin toss.

^Each one's spread is different.

Also, I downloaded .NET framework and then the RNG reporter but when I tried it run it came with a command error. I ran the RNG with the .NET framework. Help please?

-Terywj

I've tried both Sephironas and Syberias Emloop ways of RNGing for higher delays, but when I run the timers, it only does the Pre-set Time (the value of 60 in Syberias guide) and then the second timer goes for 10 seconds so I can never wait at the continue screen and hit continue when the timer runs out. Is there something else I need to put into Emloop?
This is a message to everybody. EMLOOP DOES NOT WORK ON EVERY COMPUTER. Seriously, it doesn't. It's not something that you did, it just doesn't work. BTW Mr.Fuji, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to get this seen.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I didn't understand your question. The reason you can't do that is because emloop didn't adjust for the white screen delay. You should put a much higher delay into emloop, such as 1000, find the difference, then add that to your previous delay. This is your white screen delay, which you will need to add to every delay from here on out, if you want to use emloop that is.

When RNGing for a shiny egg, I am still getting Poketech taps like this (even for the first one on the list), 1590 Happiness taps, 14 coin toss. What am I doing wrong, when I watched the video, he only had to do 106 Happiness taps, and 2 coin toss.
It's all just luck. The person in the video probably just got lucky.

Another Edit: Just ask on the Simple Requests sticky for someone to find your SID. Eventually you might get someone. If not, just PM me and I might be able to do it for you.

Is it impossible to get your SID without a non-bred / chained shiny?
According to Mingot, there's a new tool to find your SID with a bunch of chained shinies. But if we still haven't figured that out, you would need somebody with an AR to do it for you.

According to Mingot, there's a new tool to find your SID with a bunch of chained shinies. But if we still haven't figured that out, you would need somebody with an AR to do it for you.
That would still require a non-chained / bred shiny?

I'm trying to learn the ropes for RNG, but I don't have any shinies.

-Terywj

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Personally I never use emloops nor know how it works. I do notice each game is different as it takes me about 18.5 seconds from start to continue on one of my platinum games to hit a 749 delay whereas on my pearl version its about 19.2 seconds to reach the 749 delay.

Regarding Emloop: Guys! The frame converter only converts the actual frame delay. You need to include the time taken during the white screen loading.

just curious for catching pokemon in the wild like magikarp, when you use a rod, then advance to the frame you want, the pokemon is random right? or is it set for a certain seed / frame?

When using MinusOne's method for shiny egg, is there a way to check what Delay you have hitted with the coin flip? (If you miss the one you were going for)
Like with the Time Finder where you would press Adj. Result?

When using MinusOne's method for shiny egg, is there a way to check what Delay you have hitted with the coin flip? (If you miss the one you were going for)
Like with the Time Finder where you would press Adj. Result?
At the moment, there is no way to determine adjacent results in 6.11's timefinder. This feature is in ShinyFinder 1.1, but has yet to be implemented in RNG reporter.

Well, it will be in the next version. Mingot from IRC:
<mingot>"I am using a beta testing this feature. It is awesome".
<mingot>go be l33t, son!
I'm pleased to say it works.

At the moment, there is no way to determine adjacent results in 6.11's timefinder. This feature is in ShinyFinder 1.1, but has yet to be implemented in RNG reporter.

Well, it will be in the next version. Mingot from IRC:

I'm pleased to say it works.
Neato =P! Thanks alot Bearsfan092! That'll make things much easier when it comes out. =P
It's nice to know, specialy when you only have like a dif. of 2 in your delays..*how irratating XP

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
I have one question
When I open the option of encounter slots:

Sweet Swent (Grass/cave): 0
Sweet Scent (water): 1
Fishing (Old R): 1
Fishing (G/S Rod): 1

Fishing Result (Old) Not even a nible
Fishing Result (Good) Landed Pokemon
Fishing Result (Super) Landed Pokemon

What does it mean the bolded part O.o?
It means that if i throw the Old rod I won't fish a poke?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)