Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

That is what I am doing :O

Although the last couple of times I seemed to be getting frame 13 instead of 11 :/

I'll try again, perhaps I just miscounted or something. :|
So once it opens, go to page 2 then 1, then close, you should be good. If you're still at 13, let me know.

Knowledge is power and information is our currency?

It's best to share. ^__^

is this information not already in the OP (and/or following posts) ? 0:

(having a lot of trouble hitting my delay again. .___.)

i found the data for wild pokemons on platinum but i don't know if i should post it here since it is from another forum
Oh how I do look forward to this if it is indeed accurate.

Nice vid. :)

(I'm catching a legendary, like your Heatran).
Okay, I'm confused. When I watched you vid, it showed that your seed occurs on 1/1/66, at the time of 13:00:57. So, does this time factor in delay? And if my time is 12:00:25, is THAT what I'm supposed to be setting my clock to in order to lock in my seed?
Ok, when I made my video, I set it to 1/1/66 to achieve a delay of 621, which is my most commonly hit delay. This is because setting it ahead a year reduces delay by 1. You should know how long it takes you to load your game from the calibration phase. You set your time to a time prior to your target (in your case, probably 11:59:00). If it takes you 14 seconds to load your game, load your game and reset at 12:00:11. However, make sure this seed has a delay that you commonly hit. That's the idea behind year manipulation. And to hit your seed, you need only to hit continue at the target time and hit your delay. It doesn't matter what you set your clock to beforehand, although it is obviously advantageous to set the clock to something somewhat close to your target.

I hope this helped. Ask if you're confused.

Oh how I do look forward to this if it is indeed accurate.

Ok, when I made my video, I set it to 1/1/66 to achieve a delay of 621, which is my most commonly hit delay. This is because setting it ahead a year reduces delay by 1. You should know how long it takes you to load your game from the calibration phase. You set your time to a time prior to your target (in your case, probably 11:59:00). If it takes you 14 seconds to load your game, load your game and reset at 12:00:11. However, make sure this seed has a delay that you commonly hit. That's the idea behind year manipulation. And to hit your seed, you need only to hit continue at the target time and hit your delay. It doesn't matter what you set your clock to beforehand, although it is obviously advantageous to set the clock to something somewhat close to your target.

I hope this helped. Ask if you're confused.
No, actually, this helped a lot. I have been setting my clock to 11:59, and SRing at 12:00:11, but I guess my delay isn't consistant yet. I didn't realize it made that big of a deal of your delay was off by a bit. So I guess I'll recalibrate and get a more consistant delay. If I hit it, the coin toss should work, correct?

Also, if the diary opens as soon as I start the game, and it's on a page with a caught/defeated entry, does that already advance my game 2 frames?

No, actually, this helped a lot. I have been setting my clock to 11:59, and SRing at 12:00:11, but I guess my delay isn't consistant yet. I didn't realize it made that big of a deal of your delay was off by a bit. So I guess I'll recalibrate and get a more consistant delay. If I hit it, the coin toss should work, correct?

Also, if the diary opens as soon as I start the game, and it's on a page with a caught/defeated entry, does that already advance my game 2 frames?
Delay is just as important as seconds. Without it, you will NOT hit your seed. As you said, calibrating more sounds like a good idea. When you nail your seconds and delay, you will land on your correct seed, which will yield the coin tosses you're looking for.

If the journal opens on a caught/defeated pokemon, then yes, it counts as a flip, thus advancing the frame by 2.

Last question before I get to calibrating, does the journal delay your delay, if you know what I mean. I found my second lag to be 14 seconds, but the journal stays open until about 16, does the RNG already begin at 14 even though the journal's up? I would assume it does, but just checking,

Last question before I get to calibrating, does the journal delay your delay, if you know what I mean. I found my second lag to be 14 seconds, but the journal stays open until about 16, does the RNG already begin at 14 even though the journal's up? I would assume it does, but just checking,
No it doesn't. The delay is decided when you hit continue.

Asking here for confirmation. (It's about shinyfinder)

If to get a shiny gligar I get my seed at 8:13, should I try to hit continue at 8:13? or at 8:13:13 (my target time) ?
All the answers I had are nice and dandy, but I have had no conclusive answer yet. Somebody must use this right?

All the answers I had are nice and dandy, but I have had no conclusive answer yet. Somebody must use this right?
I'm not sure if I understand your question. Could you give me your search criteria you used to find this target? I could probably answer your question definatively then.

I tried doing the shiny hatch on my platinum and the first time I tried the shiny hatch it didn't work and the second time it didn't work, but I couldn't have messed up on the app part! My double taps was 4 and my coin flips were 3. Could you tell me what I could try to do to make the shiny hatch work?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That is not nearly enough information, and also there are a lot more things that can go wrong besides miscounting flips. Suggest giving the directions a read and making sure that you are doing everything correctly and trying again.

Well, my calibrating is not going well. Should my results be a little more consistent than this?:

seconds | delay
14 607
13 599
13 605
13 603
13 591
13 607
13 593
13 599
13 601

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not really, those are good results. Looks like 13 is going to be your seconds value and you can easily target 599/601/603/605/607.

Not really, those are good results. Looks like 13 is going to be your seconds value and you can easily target 599/601/603/605/607.
Well, that works actually, since my target was 607, but I was using 14 seconds. I'll try it with 13 and see what happens. :)

EDIT: last question. Under the time finder it say the frame is 490, but under the main reporter, it says 507. Which should I be using?

Well, that works actually, since my target was 607, but I was using 14 seconds. I'll try it with 13 and see what happens. :)

EDIT: last question. Under the time finder it say the frame is 490, but under the main reporter, it says 507. Which should I be using?
Wait, are you going after legends? If you are, there are two methods for generating legendary spreads: Method 1 and J. If you're doing non roamers, you do method J. If you are, you do Method 1. Find out what window corresponds to what method and use that frame.

It's 490, I forgot to change the main reporter page to Method J.

So, 490 - 1(Dialga) - 2(Cresselia & Mesprit) = 487.
5 Pokemon in party + 128 steps = 482.
482/2 = 291 Diary flips.

Correct? And when you open the diary, if the page has a defeated/caught Pokemon it opens up to, that counts as a flip, right?

Haha, I did it in my head. I can't even think straight anymore.

I'm having difficulty hitting my seed. On average, how many tries would you say it takes until your coin flip trick works?

Haha, I did it in my head. I can't even think straight anymore.

I'm having difficulty hitting my seed. On average, how many tries would you say it takes until your coin flip trick works?
Depends on how close the spread is to your usual delay. Like for me, if I go after 621/620, it usually only takes me up to three tries. However, when I went after 661 once, it took me about 30 minutes to hit. It all depends on your comfort level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)