Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok. :(
I don't know what I am doing wrong, I didn't have this trouble last time..

should I just resave and find my seed etc all over again? >__<'

I can only think I have done something fundamentally wrong during the initial calibration phases, as I can't find any other problem with what I am doing. 8/

I am getting results no where near my target..
like, ridiculously far away. .__. I think I have mistyped some numbers somewhere along the line. I should start again, yes?

EDIT: because posting in small font is a habit that I need to stop because it hurts some people's eyes.

BTW davy, where you successful in your shuckle project?
Yes, I was. You can check my thread if you want.

@Wolfgang, Totally off your target frame or target delay/seconds? I would recommend doing the calibration phase again. You don't have a GBA game in Slot-2, do you?

How long did it take you Davy? because at this rate it seems like it will take me a billion years, and more if I don't RNG abuse

I have a GBA game in slot2 while I am soft-resetting, to change the delays to odd, but I didn't during the calibration phase..

bah. >__<' I really can't tell what I am doing wrong, as it worked fine last time.

Anyway, I will start over again from the calibration phase, and report my results when I am finished. :>

EDIT: I think it is because it looks much nicer on my iPhone (which is what I always use), and normal-sized posts look H U G E. >___>'

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Mingot, do you know what slot Gligar is?
I don't have any platinum data at this point, sorry.

I'm confused. I'm trying to get a good number of shiny taps and stuff. But when I look at the seconds value for my initial seed, it says I have like a 53 seconds value. But during the calibration phase, I got 14 seconds every time. Is their something ingame, or a setting on your DS that could cause your seconds value to be so high?
Maybe you're not resetting when the DS seconds are at :00? Anyhow, you really don't care/need seconds or delay when you are just resetting for shiny taps.

I need clarification on this, as these paragraphs contradict themselves. On grassless, caveless, and waterless tiles, does the RNG frame advance the number of Pokemon in your party after 128 steps or does the game advance one frame for each turn/step?
128 Steps = +1 where there are no Pokemon
1 Step = + where are are Pokemon

It was wrong in the OP and I have corrected it, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

To make sure that I do not upset anyone, where should I post questions regarding my understanding of how to set up/execute my target time? Simple Question/Simple Answer in Stark, or Simple Question/Request in WiFi?
Here is fine :) How've you been Flurries?

I'm trying the method of catch perfect pokemons , I got an estimate that Azelf will come soon in frame 1, I have no pokemon roaming once Target Frame = 1-1 = 0, then I will not need to do anything? ? Just catch it?
Also, someone would have some tips to set the delay? I need to hit 638 and my average is usually 631.​
That's right, just catch it.

Does cresselia advance the RNG, when breeding shiny pokemon?
It does NOT advance the Egg PID RNG. If you are going for IV's, then it does, but you really don't have to account for it then either.

PS. Anyone posting in a small font or odd color had to be ignored, as I really can't read these on my phone. Sorry and better luck next time.

How long did it take you Davy? because at this rate it seems like it will take me a billion years, and more if I don't RNG abuse
Take me to what? Not too long, pretty fast once I hit the delay. Maybe like 2 hours?

Whats wrong with yours? Can't hit the delay or frame? I used VS. Seeker to stop the 2 moving NPCs, so only I was the one increasing the frame.

Here is fine :) How've you been Flurries?
Good, thank you. My AR seems to be behaving, so I might be able to clone some waaay overdue Pokemon for trading and come back to the forums. :)

As far as my question goes, I think I've figured it out for now. I'll be sure to ask if I encounter some problems. I'm hoping to get a good understanding of how this works down so I can help out like the Emerald thread. If I'm understanding this correctly...

-I found what I think is a consistent delay, and have found a good spread.
-I found the target time and subtracted the correct amounts for my Synchronize and Reset times.
-I found the time of day and date for my spread.

Now all I have to do is confirm the coin toss, calculate the diary flips and steps needed to walk, right?

Now, for the coin toss section, I see writing at the footer of the program when I highlight my spread that says, "Coin Flips for Seed: H, T, T, H, H, H, T, H, H, H".

This is what I should use to verify my frame when I enter the game, correct?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Now, for the coin toss section, I see writing at the footer of the program when I highlight my spread that says, "Coin Flips for Seed: H, T, T, H, H, H, T, H, H, H".

This is what I should use to verify my frame when I enter the game, correct?
No, that is to verify that you hit the correct initial seed.

Hmm. So, here's what I want.

I found a good 31/31/31/31/31/7 Quiet spread for catching a Legendary Pokemon. I chose Dialga. So, I found what my delay is, etc. When I save it front of Dialga, I should SR at the time I found (12:00:11). Then, when I enter the game, aren't I supposed to check to make sure I hit the correct frame?

mingot

free agent

I found a good 31/31/31/31/31/7 Quiet spread for catching a Legendary Pokemon. I chose Dialga. So, I found what my delay is, etc. When I save it front of Dialga, I should SR at the time I found (12:00:11). Then, when I enter the game, aren't I supposed to check to make sure I hit the correct frame?
Not really enough information, but I am not sure why you'd ever not be resetting at zero seconds in order to hit a particular target time. Target time = when you press 'A' on continue screen.

And no, you DON'T make sure you hit the correct frame when you enter the game, because the frame is 1. Every time. You check to see that you hit the correct seed and then you advance the RNG down the list of frames via journal, etc.

Give the OP another quick read.

You mean seed. That's done with coin flips.

Uhh, is this a problem? Out of three trials:

Seconds: 14 Delay: 607
Seconds: 14 Delay: 603
Seconds: 14 Delay: 597

The seconds seem consistant, but the delay isn't matching 600-610, like I had initially thought. Does this delay make a big difference?

@Flurries: You should be fine, it may just take a few tries (or a lot, depending on how lucky you are =P) and thats about what my range is, give or take, and I set my target at about 603 usually. (For plat.)

@Everyone else: I made a vid, not very informative, but it is ust one of those things to reinforce that RNG does work. I also show all 3 flips that my set needed (hooray for low frames!).
Heres the vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8nvxl2OcmE

If anyone has questions relating to the vid, PM me here, dont comment there. I will likely never look at it again, as its a demo of future How-to's.

:O
Xenavire, I just watched your video while randomly browsing on YouTube about one minute ago! x____________X' wow.

anyway. You are all going to think I am another one of those losers who can't understand the RNG. And I am, in a way.

I really need one-to-one help on this, I think. :/ I believe I am doing everything right, yet I couldn't possibly be because I have not once managed to hit my target spread.

When I asked a member, in case I was doing something wrong, they told me to do this:

1. Find a suitable spread on the Time Finder.
2. Find the date and time, eg. July 10, 2009 at 16:56:14
3. Set your DS to one minute before the time of your target spread(synch the seconds with your external clock)
4. Enter the game, and soft reset when the seconds hits :00
5. Spam A until you collect the egg.
6. Check if you hit your delay by doing coin flips. If you did not hit it, repeat from step 3.
7. Once you hit your delay hatch the egg to see if you hit your frame.

which is exactly what I am doing..
However, my issue is that I can't tell if I am missing my delay or what, because the spreads I get do not appear in the adjacent frames ?

D: aghhh. Please help me, intelligent patient people.

Nice vid. :)

(I'm catching a legendary, like your Heatran).
Okay, I'm confused. When I watched you vid, it showed that your seed occurs on 1/1/66, at the time of 13:00:57. So, does this time factor in delay? And if my time is 12:00:25, is THAT what I'm supposed to be setting my clock to in order to lock in my seed?

Just successfully found my 26/30/30/31/19/30 modest HP electric 70 Moltres. :D
And I can also confirm that the frames listed in the OP are correct for all the legendary birds. I'm going for at least 1 shiny legend a day over this week, lol.

Edit: Lol, only just caught him. Took 2 hours of running around until I managed to get him at Fuego Ironworks in a heal ball. D:

Ok.
if my average frame (or rather, the only frame I ever hit when mashing) is 7, and I need to get to frame 11..

I have a capture on both my first page, and second page of my journal.
So, I flip to page two, back to page one, and cancel the journal.. ?

If someone could verify this, it would be great, thanks. :D

::
I really need a reply very soon, please. D:

Ok.
if my average frame (or rather, the only frame I ever hit when mashing) is 7, and I need to get to frame 11..

If someone could verify this, it would be great, thanks. :D

::
I really need a reply very soon, please. D:
You need 2 Journal flips. HOWEVER, is your journal opening when you first start the game? If it's not, you need to open it (to the first page where it has a caught), close it, then open it to the first page where it has a caught, then close it.

If you were to do the bolded, you would be +2 (first page), +2 (second page), +2 (first page) for a +6.

You need 2 Journal flips. HOWEVER, is your journal opening when you first start the game? If it's not, you need to open it (to the first page where it has a caught), close it, then open it to the first page where it has a caught, then close it.

If you were to do the bolded, you would be +2 (first page), +2 (second page), +2 (first page) for a +6.

Thanks for the reply. *___*

Yeah, I finally hit my delay and everything was right... except that I ended up at frame 13 instead. .__.

The journal is appearing at the start; I need to advance the frame by +4, but isn't it only possible for the journal to be closed at the first page? or have I just never noticed..?

If so, is the only way to advance the frame by 4 to save, and try to open the journal straight away?

thanks. :D

Thanks for the reply. *___*

Yeah, I finally hit my delay and everything was right... except that I ended up at frame 13 instead. .__.

The journal is appearing at the start; I need to advance the frame by +4, but isn't it only possible for the journal to be closed at the first page? or have I just never noticed..?

If so, is the only way to advance the frame by 4 to save, and try to open the journal straight away?

thanks. :D
Hold on here, is the 7 frame including you pressing B on the journal when it opens up? If it is, you just flip to page 2 (with a caught Pokemon), then page 1 (with a caught Pokemon), close it and collect the egg.

Hold on here, is the 7 frame including you pressing B on the journal when it opens up? If it is, you just flip to page 2 (with a caught Pokemon), then page 1 (with a caught Pokemon), close it and collect the egg.
That is what I am doing :O

wolfgang said:
Although the last couple of times I seemed to be getting frame 13 instead of 11 :/

I'll try again, perhaps I just miscounted or something. :|

Right hang on, wolfgang.amadeus, what are you trying to abuse here?

Egg IV's? Legendary Pokemon IV's or IV's for pokemon your Fishing or Sweet Scenting for?

Once I understand what your doing, I can help you more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)