Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

yes, they are. That's why once you first encounter them in the wild after talking to it, you can just let it roam. That's one thing that sets Method 1 apart from J.

Sorry to be a bother, but I have another question. For some strange reason, my Bagon didn't turn out shiny. It was listed as a shiny spread in RNG Reporter. I know I hit it, because I still got the right nature. What did I do wrong?

Sorry to be a bother, but I have another question. For some strange reason, my Bagon didn't turn out shiny. It was listed as a shiny spread in RNG Reporter. I know I hit it, because I still got the right nature. What did I do wrong?
The SID you put into RNG reporter was probably wrong then.

I don't understand the frame part at all. I understand how to advance through frames with the journal, walking, and all that, just not how to work out what frame you begin on when you enter the game world.

You want to enter game world at the target time. So if the target time is 8:13:13, and you take 13 second going through the intro, then you'll SR at the top of the minute.
That's the problem, the target time just says 8:13 and no amount of seconds. And the guide isn't really clear on that aswell. It's really annoying me.

I don't understand the frame part at all. I understand how to advance through frames with the journal, walking, and all that, just not how to work out what frame you begin on when you enter the game world.
Fairly simple. I assume this is with eggs, or else you probably wouldn't care what frame you are starting on. Just collect egg as fast as you can upon loading and check initial seed. With that seed, generating a list of IV's under Breeding DPPt and find your IV's on that list. That frame is your starting frame.

So I have done this process multiple times and I still cant seem to get a shiny but I get the right nature could I be doing someing wrong or could my sid be wrong?

That's the problem, the target time just says 8:13 and no amount of seconds. And the guide isn't really clear on that aswell. It's really annoying me.
Use emloop it measure your target time in seconds, but also the millasecond needed...and it has a awesome beeper! If your sensitive to sound like me, put it really loud..well not TOO loud and when it beeps, you'll instanly react to the noise and press A when it reaches zero...it worked insanly well for me anyways, specialy when you have spasm that prevents you going at a constant speed.

Fairly simple. I assume this is with eggs, or else you probably wouldn't care what frame you are starting on. Just collect egg as fast as you can upon loading and check initial seed. With that seed, generating a list of IV's under Breeding DPPt and find your IV's on that list. That frame is your starting frame.
Oh, I see. Does the frame change at all when you SR?

After screwing up on my target seed 7 times...

I've finally caught my shiny, 12-from flawless Heatran and in a premier ball too. Looks like Heatran DEFINITELY has a fluctuating starting frame: this one had starting frames of 1, 2 and 3. I literally landed in between target frames 7 times before I finally get the shiny.

And on a slightly related note, does tapping the poké ball on the bottom screen when the ball wobbles make it easier to catch a pokémon? Sounds stupid I know, and like a throwback to the old button combos we all knew and tried using long ago, but I have reason to believe this works. After throwing 40 odd balls at my sleeping, 1HP Heatran, I hadn't had anything more than 2 ball wobbles. Then a friend suggesting the aforementioned touch screen tapping method, so I tried it for the lulz and lo and behold, I got Heatran just like that. Of course it was probably just coincidence, but is there any evidence for this actually working?

Pretty simple question, I think?;

Is there any advice anyone can give me in regards to hitting my delay?
I need to hit 631 - my delays were originally even so I inserted FR, and that is all okay.. - and I keep getting 627/629. .-.

I haven't abused the RNG for about two months, and am a little rusty. This is only my second or third try, anyway.

Anyway, thank you to anyone who can help me out. :>

You can just move your year up 2, making it so that you have to hit 629 instead. That's what I do if I have on that's about 6 or so above my average.

@Ritsi Time. Nope. SR's dont affect frame so long as it's the same save point.

Wolfgang.amadeus: That technique does work, but you've only tried twice. Sometimes it takes 10+ tries on an off day.

Well if you hit these delay's you can search for Pokemon's IV in those delay, im sure you'll find something good...I tought I could never find something with a delay of 640, but it worked in the end! =P

Emloop did not work for you? =C

No, I have tried it many times today, I meant "second or third", as in, second or third separate Pokémon; I have been doing this one for hours. ;P

Btw, bearsfan, your Calibration Phase video is really great. :)

@TEST: haven't tried Emploop yet; I was responding to COKTAL's advice as well. ^^

thanks everyone, I'll no doubt be back here soon with "why can't i... --?" 8D

No, I have tried it many times today, I meant "second or third", as in, second or third separate Pokémon; I have been doing this one for hours. ;P

Btw, bearsfan, your Calibration Phase video is really great. :)

@TEST: haven't tried Emploop yet; I was responding to COKTAL's advice as well. ^^

thanks everyone, I'll no doubt be back here soon with "why can't i... --?" 8D
XD Yeah, well he knows prolly more then me anyways! And each person has it's dif. wai of hitting there delay! Tough if you DO try emloop, like I said in the PM, you might have to put a higher time that what it give you for your target time because of the loading part when soft reseting or starting the game! Anyways Syberia has a good post for that!

XD Yeah I do that too! And usaly it's more of a confirmation than a Question..or a stupid Q. >_>

mignot said:
Walking in areas with wild Pokémon -128 steps advance the RNG by a number equal to the number of Pokémon in your party.

Walking in areas with no wild Pokémon - The RNG is advanced by 1 for each step or turn that you make, even when repel is in use. Turning and walking in a single movement advances the RNG by 2.

Use any combination of these to advance the RNG. For even numbers it is recommended to use journal flips exclusively. Divide the number of RNG advances that are required and divide that number by 2 for the number of journal flips.

For odd numbers the easiest method is to have an odd number of Pokémon in your party and walk 128 steps on tiles where there are no wild Pokémon. After this subtract the number of Pokémon in your party from the number of required RNG advances and then divide this number by 2 to get the number of journal flips that are required.
I need clarification on this, as these paragraphs contradict themselves. On grassless, caveless, and waterless tiles, does the RNG frame advance the number of Pokemon in your party after 128 steps or does the game advance one frame for each turn/step?

For wonder Cards do I add two frame to the Spread below or only when i use the RNGreporter?

Selecting a Spread

Eventually, there will be a comprehensive list of all low frame usable spreads, but for the time being if you need something that is not covered below you can use the "Capture Time Finder" in RNG Reporter. Search using the directions from the "Capturing Perfect Pokémon" using method 1 and then add two to the frame number. When searching for an IV spread, the nature attached is completely irrelevant as the PID and IVs are not coupled for Wondercard Pokémon as they are for method 1.

Here are a number of useful spreads that have already been researched:

690302C3, Frame 43: 31/13/31/31/31/31 (Special)

ExplorerAce, on areas where you can encounter wild Pokemon (grass/water/caves) the RNG advances by 1 each turn/step you make. On areas where you cannot catch wild Pokemon the RNG advances by the amount of Pokemon in your party every 128 steps you take. I think mingot just made a little typo - no biggie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)