Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi there,

I am sincerely sorry for posting information that turned out wrong. I am very relieved that the PRNG works as intended - with a full-flavour-period of 2^32 seeds.

Since I read your post, I've been constantly thinking about where the problem might be since - even ready to blame some 32-bit-64-bit-conversion stuff - and decided to do a quick "reality check" on the code before I go to sleep.

And I found the flaw rather quickly:

uint32_t prng(uint32_t alterwert){
return (0x41C64E6D * alterwert+ 0x6073) % 0xFFFFFFFF;
}
/*
* "alterwert" is german for "old value".
* I'm a bad programmer and often switch languages in my source
*/

I'm really ashamed of having this fault in my sourcecode - even more because I laughed at some sources for doing the same mistake. Bulbapedia has it right, pokesav/projectpokemon has it wrong (twice).

Fixed it (hopefully) and started the next run. Should be able to cross-compare with emulator-output after sleep&work.

again, sorry for having made that stupid mistake and posting wrong information,

TCC

PS:
@mingot: you make it sound as if "brute force" was a bad way to try this experiment. I don't believe that there's any better way.
If you want to be really sure that prng visits every seed (apart from proving it theoretically), I can't see any other way than running it 2^32 cycles and watch.

I guess as soon as D/P shiny bred pokes will be called rare, people will start calculating the taps for their D/P version and trade their eggs there. Although it was bred in Platinum, it will be hatched in D/P.

I already tried to send a shiny egg to my Diamond version. When the egg hatched, it was shiny like it is supposed to. But when I checked it's summary page, it was no longer shiny. After I reset and sent it back to Platinum and hatched the egg it stayed shiny, even after I traded it back to Diamond. I also tried hatching the egg on another Platinum game but it still turned normal. So it seems you can't hatch a shiny pokemon obtained this way on another game then the one you got the egg from.

yes, i forgot what it was but there is a certain bit of an egg that makes the egg shiny only for certain id's

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there,

I am sincerely sorry for posting information that turned out wrong. I am very relieved that the PRNG works as intended - with a full-flavour-period of 2^32 seeds.
Haha, no big deal, didn't take long to hack a test up and it ran in a few seconds.

I already tried to send a shiny egg to my Diamond version. When the egg hatched, it was shiny like it is supposed to. But when I checked it's summary page, it was no longer shiny. After I reset and sent it back to Platinum and hatched the egg it stayed shiny, even after I traded it back to Diamond. I also tried hatching the egg on another Platinum game but it still turned normal. So it seems you can't hatch a shiny pokemon obtained this way on another game then the one you got the egg from.
The way you did it would not work. Unless you entered the ID/SID for the game to which you were planning to transfer the egg.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
You will see the proper protocol for doing this in the previous 4 pages, and a glitch that comes associated with it.

When I have a x/x/31/31/x/x parent, and a x/x/x/x/31/31 parent, what's the chance the offspring will get x/x/31/31/31/31?

I think I encountered a glitch while doing this the old man outside the daycare gave me two eggs(after I got the first egg I accidentally talked to him again and he was giving me another egg) when I hatched the eggs the first one was of course shiny but the other on is not but they are both identical in terms of other things like nature except for being shiny

But, why doesn't x/x/31/31/x/x and x/x/x/x/31/31 work?
On average, only 3 natures pass. The odds of the right 3 passing and then getting a 31 in one of the ones that didn't pass is hard. There is a breeding odds table in articles. go for a x/x/31/31/31/x and a x/x/x/31/31/31 parent next or something like that, and the odds go up of getting four of a kind.

Thanks, I'm a noob when it comes to IV passing >___>
If anyone can PM me a (small) guide on this, I'd be more than happy =)

Breeding shinies is fun, but I want to breed a full shiny wifi-team.
Also, people say, you can hatch for parents, but I don't know how, other than hatching dozens of eggs hoping for some flawless stats...

Thanks, I'm a noob when it comes to IV passing >___>
If anyone can PM me a (small) guide on this, I'd be more than happy =)

Breeding shinies is fun, but I want to breed a full shiny wifi-team.
Also, people say, you can hatch for parents, but I don't know how, other than hatching dozens of eggs hoping for some flawless stats...
You could do it my way and manufacture your parents the hard way by getting dittos with 31 in IV's and slowly add the 31's in one at a time via breeding. It's kinda hard, but the process isn't complicated.

And sorry to minimod in a way, but I don't think these questions belong here. Most of us are trying to read the research these guys are doing, and your posts don't really help in that regard. Not to be an ass. Just saying this doesn't seem the right place

You could do it my way and manufacture your parents the hard way by getting dittos with 31 in IV's and slowly add the 31's in one at a time via breeding. It's kinda hard, but the process isn't complicated.

And sorry to minimod in a way, but I don't think these questions belong here. Most of us are trying to read the research these guys are doing, and your posts don't really help in that regard. Not to be an ass. Just saying this doesn't seem the right place
Don't worry, you're right here ;)
I'll try your method, thanks.
The reason why I asked here is probaly because I wanted fast answers..
I'll be more patient and ask anything related to IV passing in the right thread.

To stay on-topic:

Hatched a decent Shiny Munchlax, Relaxed.
I didn't really care about it's IV's, and didn't lock the egg, but still got a nice result:

4/23/7/31/31/28

It doesn't really need Sp. Att, and it's Defense isn't that great, but still a nice first-try shiny IMO ^^

Can I get confirmation that evolution of the pokemon to be IVed does not affect the IRNG?

That small list of things that advances the IRNG like the coin flips does not include evolution of the pokemon necessary to find the seed. Right?

Edit:
There are very few in game actions that advance the IRNG and they are listed below.

- Double clicking the Poketech Happiness Checker Application will advance the Incubator RNG by the number of pokemon in your party multiplied by two.
- Switching to the Poketech Happiness Checker Application will advance the Incubator RNG by the number of pokemon in your party multiplied by two.
- Using the coin flip application will advance the Incubator RNG by one.
- Having an egg generated will advance the Incubator RNG by one.
- Going into a wifi trade will reseed the Incubator RNG to an unknown value.
- Going into a union room trade will reseed the Incubator RNG to an unknown value.
- Not evolution of the sixth pokemon in the party?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As far as I know, evolving a Pokemon will not not effect the IRNG, but it's something that could be tested fairly easily by catching and then evolving and finding the seed. After that you would immediately put parents into the daycare and see if the first egg was at the expected offset.

Curious, though, does evolving help you with IV checking in some way? If so this is definitely something I can add to the OP as a tip for folks who are not using AR codes to check IVs.

That list seems really short, so I just had to question how that could possibly be the entire list of actions that advance it.

I have a feeling that it would have no effect on IV checks to evolve the pokemon, but I could be wrong.

I just had to ask because I've caught Staravias the last two times and IV checked them by getting them to 100, evolving them along the way, and something has been getting off somewhere. It was probably a miscount, though.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you use Metalkid's IV checker, you should not have to evolve anything; raising a low-level pokemon 20 levels or so should be sufficient, and raising a high-level one by 4 or 5 levels would also work. It works by entering the stats at each level, and calculating based on that.

However, that being said, evolving a pokemon actually hurts you if you do it this way, because the program cannot account for the pokemon's stats changing midway through the process.

mingot

free agent
Yep, it's a very short list because very few things are known to advance that RNG at this point.

One tip I can give you if you find that this is not working for you is to stop using the poketech apps early. That is, if it asks you to double tap 100 times to only do so 95 times. Then you can simply hatch three or four eggs, noting the natures and start looking for that pattern of natures on a complete list. This will allow you to find your place and then to go ahead and adjust the remaining amoun of taps that you need. I almost always do this, as I am prone to overshooting my target.

If you overshoot your target it's game over.

If you undershoot it then things can be salvaged.

So even if you do it by the number of taps and don't get a shiny egg it is worthwhile to find your position on the list and see if you just need to hatch a few eggs and work up to the correct point.

Just a quick test in diamond since I don't have happiness app yet, I did the same thing for platinum and went for frame 10, with adamant as the nature and got it. Going to try later for a shiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)