Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

That's not correct, as the seconds you calibrated was 11. Meaning that it only takes you 11seconds to get into the game (not sure how in the world you did it that fast if that's a real number, lol). Setting the time back a minute from your target time is simply so that you have enough time to start up the game.

I'll add my parts in bold:

- Turn off console.
- Change date/year/time. In my case, its 11:06:11
- Change the time specifically to 11:05:00
- Turn off the DS after saving settings AND simultaneously hitting start on pikatimer or emloop or your external clock/stopwatch/timer
- The reason you do this is so you know EXACTLY when the game is 11:06:00
- Turn it back on
- Select pokemon DS game
- Let it load until the timer reaches 11:06:00 or basically one minute. THEN soft reset and mash A
- Press A as fast as you can so you can enter the game (push continue) the exact moment those 11seconds have passed.
- Journal Flip to advance your frame if needed
- Press A as fast as you can etc.

You don't r5eally need to SR though.
If you are using pikatimer, you can:

-Synch piketimer with your DS
-Restart the DS and wait at the pokemon-pictochat screen for the first timer to reach 0,00 and and it does press A to start loading the game, button mash till the continue screen appears and wait there for the second timer to reach 0,00 and when ii does, press A to effectively enter the game world.

I get much more consistent results without SR.

That's not correct, as the seconds you calibrated was 11. Meaning that it only takes you 11seconds to get into the game (not sure how in the world you did it that fast if that's a real number, lol). Setting the time back a minute from your target time is simply so that you have enough time to start up the game.

I'll add my parts in bold:

- Turn off console.
- Change date/year/time. In my case, its 11:06:11
- Change the time specifically to 11:05:00
- Turn off the DS after saving settings AND simultaneously hitting start on pikatimer or emloop or your external clock/stopwatch/timer
- The reason you do this is so you know EXACTLY when the game is 11:06:00
- Turn it back on
- Select pokemon DS game
- Let it load until the timer reaches 11:06:00 or basically one minute. THEN soft reset and mash A
- Press A as fast as you can so you can enter the game (push continue) the exact moment those 11seconds have passed.
- Journal Flip to advance your frame if needed
- Press A as fast as you can etc.
Thanks for that. Now I really understand 100%

Page with no caught/defeated poke -> A -> Page with caught/defeated poke = +2 frames.

Page with caught/defeated poke -> A -> Page with caught/defeated poke = +2 frames.

Page with caught/defeated poke -> A -> Page with no caught/defeated poke= +0 frames.

Page with no caught/defeated poke -> B -> Page with caught/defeated poke = +2 frames.

Page with caught/defeated poke -> B -> Page with caught/defeated poke = +2 frames.

Page with caught/defeated poke -> B -> Page with no caught/defeated poke= +0 frames.
This is the last part I'll need to understand fully so I FINALLY get the hang of RNG abusing.

So for example, I subtract my target frame(42) - save frame (3) / 2 = 19.5. I HAVE to start over again (the calibration phase where I get the nature/ability 0/1 of my choosing) to choose a different target frame? And say I get an even number of 20, since I advance 2 frames, I'll only have to turn the page 10 times instead of 20? Sorry for asking so many questions.

You don't have to start over again.

On Time Finder, enter your minimum frame, which is 3 in this specific case, and maximum frame an odd number (as high as you want to go, though for breeding purposes...you can just pick like 13 or something small, lol.)

Then you click the box that says odd/even should match min frame. This way, your frames will always be good to go.

You just need to change your time and date to match the new seed that RNG reporter gives you.

EDIT: Here's an example -

So your frame is at 3 and you want to hit frame 13. When the journal comes up, you have to advance your frame by a total of 10. Each page that has caught pokemon advances by 2 so you flip the journal until you find a page that has "caught" on it. Do this a total of 5times to give a total frame advance of 10. You can just find the first page you see that has "caught" and then flip to that same page 5times.

You don't have to start over again.

On Time Finder, enter your minimum frame, which is 3 in this specific case, and maximum frame an odd number (as high as you want to go, though for breeding purposes...you can just pick like 13 or something small, lol.)

Then you click the box that says odd/even should match min frame. This way, your frames will always be good to go.

You just need to change your time and date to match the new seed that RNG reporter gives you.

EDIT: Here's an example -

So your frame is at 3 and you want to hit frame 13. When the journal comes up, you have to advance your frame by a total of 10. Each page that has caught pokemon advances by 2 so you flip the journal until you find a page that has "caught" on it. Do this a total of 5times to give a total frame advance of 10. You can just find the first page you see that has "caught" and then flip to that same page 5times.
I did as you say, changed the maximum **FRAME** to a random odd number (13) and checked the first box "odd/even should match min frame", and I get the same seed as before

This is the last part I'll need to understand fully so I FINALLY get the hang of RNG abusing.

So for example, I subtract my target frame(42) - save frame (3) / 2 = 19.5. I HAVE to start over again (the calibration phase where I get the nature/ability 0/1 of my choosing) to choose a different target frame? And say I get an even number of 20, since I advance 2 frames, I'll only have to turn the page 10 times instead of 20? Sorry for asking so many questions.
Eggs are done in two parts:
1st - determine ability, gender, nature and shinyness. - done inside the daycare, with no NPCs messing around.
2nd - determine the IVs.- done outside the daycare, with the NPCs.

If you get the IVs part wrong, you just re-do the IVs, as I said on the end of that post you quoted.

Eggs are done in two parts:
1st - determine ability, gender, nature and shinyness. - done inside the daycare, with no NPCs messing around.
2nd - determine the IVs.- done outside the daycare, with the NPCs.

If you get the IVs part wrong, you just re-do the IVs, as I said on the end of that post you quoted.
If I get it wrong, I have to just reset the time (to be equivalent to my seed again) and do it over from there? Or from an earlier step?

Now that I got the same seed by giving the time finder a random odd number (13) under maximum frame, and checking the first box "odd/even should match frame", I'm guessing I'll just round off 19.5 to 20 jounal flips in between screens that have defeated/caught pokemon (shouldn't be too far apart).

- Journal is opened
- It automatically starts off with a caught pokemon (+2)
- Press B (or A?) to flip to another page
- Page has a caught pokemon (+2 again)
- Press A to go back to original journal screen that shows caught pokemon (+2 again)
- Press B to flip back to the page that has a caught pokemon (+2 again)
- (8/20 frames in total so far)

Repeat process until I get to 20?

EDIT2:
Crud, missed your edit there.

If so, how do I 19.5? Should I just round it off to 20 and go back and forth between flips 10 times?

So, why would I want to "hit frame 13" from frame 3? Is the frame you want to "hit" from the formula of target frame - save frame / 2. If so, how do I 19.5? Should I just round it off to 20 and go back and forth between flips 10 times?

Did you read the main RNG guide carefully? 'Cause most of your questions were already answered there, including the one in the quote.

Did you read the main RNG guide carefully? 'Cause most of your questions were already answered there, including the one in the quote.
I read it about 30 times but now that I am more familiar with "RNG terms" and big words I should probably go read it over

EDIT:

1. Flip to a page where it says captured / defeated [Pokémon]. Do this three times to advance the frame from 6 to 12. No more, no less. Do not count the journal's initial appearance as a page flip. Each flip to a page with captured / defeated advances the frame by 2, so adjust accordingly based on your calibration frame and your target frame.
I thought I was told here that if the initial appearance shows captured/defeated, you already advanced 2 frames?

Also, when entering your delays in the time finder, you enter the minimum and maximum of the delays you received from both your first calibration (to find ability/nature) and second calibration (for save frame)?

I also could not find anything related to my odd number issue

I read it about 30 times but now that I am more familiar with "RNG terms" and big words I should probably go read it over

EDIT:

I thought I was told here that if the initial appearance shows captured/defeated, you already advanced 2 frames?
This is true.

Also, when entering your delays in the time finder, you enter the minimum and maximum of the delays you received from both your first calibration (to find ability/nature) and second calibration (for save frame)?
Well, the minimum/maximum of your consistent delay range from the original calibration phase for finding your "ideal" delay/seconds. If you screwed up once and got 700 when you consistently get 619-625, you would disregard the 700. Use your judgment for this.

I also could not find anything related to my odd number issue
I haven't read your situation fully, but if you were doing a legend or were in a quiet NPC zone, you would walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party to advance the frame by 5. This allows you to hit odd frames if you are currently on an even count, and vice versa. If it's breeding, you'll either have to find a new target frame that matches the even/odd-ness of your current frame or else try to time the NPC RNG advancement, which I don't recommend.
Comments in bold

ok now im really confused on how to RNG using sweet scent (in grass):
while experimenting on route 207 with no wandering NPCs i found with this seed for a shiny poke 250B0FB3 and this frame 132,134,136,140,143 or 144 that whenever i get closer to my frame on method 1 (145) it tends to increase so the game can reach it no matter what of course below that number (on frame 144 or lower) so i did the following with all the things necessary to get that seed:

- Entered the world advanced frame with journal to get up to 133 frames canceled the journal turned to reach 134 sweet scented for frame 136, didn't get that instead as i said advance to 145 then added 7 for the battle obviously got the spread of method 1 a shiny ponyta with 31/31/31/23/31/31
-Sames as before but instead i went for same frame but since i thought i hit frame 144 a difference of 8 was substracted so i did 125 frames instead (125+8=133) sweet scented fell again for the same ponyta
-Didn't do any frame advance (current frame =1) i just sweet scented this time, result after sweet scenting was that i advanced my frame by 82 at the end of the battle

Can i has some advice of what im doing wrong?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm getting ready to use Eep's ID Finder program to RNG my ID/SID on my English SS. However, I'm a bit confused about an inconsistency between the ID Finder and the Reporter.

Looking through OmegaDonut's (awesome) Spreadsheet of "Shiny Groups" I found this batch I'd like to try for:
ff8e2e5f JOLLY 1 29 31 29 12 29 31 4 Electric 36
7f8eae5f IMPISH 1 29 31 29 12 29 31 4 Electric 36
34f0e527 TIMID 1 30 11 31 30 31 31 4 Grass 70
b4f06527 MODEST 1 30 11 31 30 31 31 4 Grass 70
According to OD's post:
All you have to do is plug the PID of one of the spreads into Pandora's Box, it'll give you an ID\SID that will make all the spreads in the group shiny.
I did just that, but the ID Finder and RNG Reporter seem to give slightly different results.
ID/SID needed to make the above spreads shiny (according to the ID Finder): 25286 / 45843 ; 10613 / 63655 ; 37621 / 17189
ID/SID needed to make the above spreads shiny (according to the Reporter): 25286 / 45840 ; 10613 / 63648 ; 37621 / 17184

Is this normal? Does it matter? Can I still use the seed given by the ID Finder to get started Soft Reseting for this ID/SID? Will the ID/SID given by the ID Finder still make those 4 spreads shiny?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm getting ready to use Eep's ID Finder program to RNG my ID/SID on my English SS. However, I'm a bit confused about an inconsistency between the ID Finder and the Reporter.

Looking through OmegaDonut's (awesome) Spreadsheet of "Shiny Groups" I found this batch I'd like to try for:
According to OD's post:
I did just that, but the ID Finder and RNG Reporter seem to give slightly different results.
ID/SID needed to make the above spreads shiny (according to the ID Finder): 25286 / 45843 ; 10613 / 63655 ; 37621 / 17189
ID/SID needed to make the above spreads shiny (according to the Reporter): 25286 / 45840 ; 10613 / 63648 ; 37621 / 17184

Is this normal? Does it matter? Can I still use the seed given by the ID Finder to get started Soft Reseting for this ID/SID? Will the ID/SID given by the ID Finder still make those 4 spreads shiny?
not really if I recall ID/SIDs can be with a range of 10 and still make a PID shiny so you could have 63648 or 63655 and both would make the the PID you want shiny.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Nexus, you're so great bro.

Literally, I had just put all the info in the reporter and tried both SIDs and...

...both make those spreads come out shiny.

Thanks

If I get it wrong, I have to just reset the time (to be equivalent to my seed again) and do it over from there? Or from an earlier step?

Now that I got the same seed by giving the time finder a random odd number (13) under maximum frame, and checking the first box "odd/even should match frame", I'm guessing I'll just round off 19.5 to 20 jounal flips in between screens that have defeated/caught pokemon (shouldn't be too far apart).

- Journal is opened
- It automatically starts off with a caught pokemon (+2)
- Press B (or A?) to flip to another page
- Page has a caught pokemon (+2 again)
- Press A to go back to original journal screen that shows caught pokemon (+2 again)
- Press B to flip back to the page that has a caught pokemon (+2 again)
- (8/20 frames in total so far)

Repeat process until I get to 20?

EDIT2:

Crud, missed your edit there.

If so, how do I 19.5? Should I just round it off to 20 and go back and forth between flips 10 times?
The starting frame you get for IV breeding is specific to that save. If you save again, your starting frame when you reset the game will change and you'll have to calibrate for it all over again, but that also means that it can change between even and odd from this. That's what they're talking about. Rounding it off won't work (you'll just advance one frame over that way).

What that means is, whether the first page advances the frame or not, it should have been included already when you calibrated for what frame you were on. It's just saying that so you don't end up counting that first page twice.

Why when trying to abuse zapdos in soulsilver am i hitting a frame around 20 (it varies) higher than i expect? there isn't any NPC's by the powerplant is there?

I'm rnging the ivs of a shiny jolly eevee egg. Everytime I hit my seed I call Elm 10 times. My frame is 11. I get the calls I want put when I hatch the egg the ivs are not what I want. I've hit it over and over again and keep getting the same wrong ivs. What am I doing wrong?

You're missing your frame, or your parents IVs aren't flawless in the stats they need to be. What you need to do is find out what frame you are hitting, and adjust from there. I've found that from time to time I get a random +2 frame advancement when abusing. idk why, but the next try I do one less Joey call and it works for me.

I checked my parents and I wrote down the exact ivs. I'm hitting a delay of 491. I don't call Joey. I just call Elm the number of frames there are minus 1 because I start on 1.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why when trying to abuse zapdos in soulsilver am i hitting a frame around 20 (it varies) higher than i expect? there isn't any NPC's by the powerplant is there?
Are you selecting Method K instead of Method 1?

I'm rnging the ivs of a shiny jolly eevee egg. Everytime I hit my seed I call Elm 10 times. My frame is 11. I get the calls I want put when I hatch the egg the ivs are not what I want. I've hit it over and over again and keep getting the same wrong ivs. What am I doing wrong?
There's a moving NPC that can advance the frame, but even if not that...if you keep getting the same wrong frame, find the frame you actually hit and adjust your advancements accordingly. This is RNG Abuse 101, people. I can't stress enough how important it is to try this as opposed to whining here when every little thing goes wrong. Doing the latter just makes you look like a helpless child.

while experimenting on route 207 with no wandering NPCs i found with this seed for a shiny poke 250B0FB3 and this frame 132,134,136,140,143 or 144 that whenever i get closer to my frame on method 1 (145) it tends to increase so the game can reach it no matter what of course below that number (on frame 144 or lower) so i did the following with all the things necessary to get that seed:

- Entered the world advanced frame with journal to get up to 133 frames canceled the journal turned to reach 134 sweet scented for frame 136, didn't get that instead as i said advance to 145 then added 7 for the battle obviously got the spread of method 1 a shiny ponyta with 31/31/31/23/31/31
-Sames as before but instead i went for same frame but since i thought i hit frame 144 a difference of 8 was substracted so i did 125 frames instead (125+8=133) sweet scented fell again for the same ponyta
-Didn't do any frame advance (current frame =1) i just sweet scented this time, result after sweet scenting was that i advanced my frame by 82 at the end of the battle

Haven't figured it out :(, anyone?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

did you battle the NPCs on that route there are NPCs? that move randomly there that could have advanced your frames even the ones you can't see to do as well. Also what game are you trying to abuse in?

I battled all the NPCs also route 207 is very small so im sure there's no wandering NPC there but that doesn't seem to stop the randomness :S im RNGing on Platinum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)