Monotype Teambuilding Competition Week #6: Dragalge + Beedrill

Status
Not open for further replies.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
approved by scpinion
stole a ton from RU Teambuilding Comp love u DKFirelord

(fancy banner soon)
Hello and welcome to the Monotype edition of the Teambuilding Competition! The goal of this project is to observe and better understand how experienced Mono players go about building their teams around a particular core. It's also a great way to improve and refine your own teambuilding skills, or just simply learn how others do it! Anyone is free to participate and I encourage as much discussion as possible; however, I'd like to point out that you do not have to post a team to contribute to this thread. Feedback is allowed and actually preferred in this thread, so if you have comments or concerns about someone's team, don't be afraid to post it! The process is as follows:

Each round, I will choose a core of two Pokemon from a specific Type (or only one Pokemon sometimes). It is then up to you to build a team around it, designing sets, teammates, roles, and everything in between. Identifying weaknesses, strategies, and so forth are key parts of teambuilding and I'm quite interested to see how that carries through in this thread. I also hope to emphasize a lot of creativity with this as well—new gems and underrated Pokemon and cores are popping up all the time, and hopefully this thread can bring about a lot of new discoveries about the metagame! After the submission period is over (which will be after a week) I will announce the voting period, where you will get a couple of days to vote on what you think is the best team. By the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied and team with the most votes will be archived in the Hall of Fame I will be posting below, and the process will start again with a new core. This idea is like the CC (Core Challenges) Program except it lets anyone share their team!
iGlack will be helping me out​
Some rules I'm expecting people to follow:
  • Make the post presentable. Fancy cute sprites are encouraged! (Think about size though)
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core. If I wanted to look at a pastebin of some mediocre team, I would go to the RMT forum and hunt for the locked threads made by users with such pristine names like Pikachu77.
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things or suggest changes that will make the team better. In fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it. Basically, just don't be a jackass.
  • Use hide tags when posting your team. Don't be that douchebag that makes everyone scroll down for an extra 5 seconds. No one likes that, and they won't like you afterwards.
  • Be creative! While there'll be no restrictions this time around, try to explore uncommon Pokemon if circumstances allow it. Channel your inner hipster.
  • You are allowed to edit your teams with testing and / or feedback from other people (i.e. you realize it sucks or gets 6-0ed by something), however be sure to make note of these edits in the original post. Once the voting period begins however, you cannot edit your teams anymore.
  • This could get you noticed ;)

This week's Pokemon is...

Deoxys-Defense (lack of deo d gif sorry!) and...

Hoopa!

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Week #1: Houndoom + Ninetales

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
RBTT Champion
This week's Teambuilding will be based off of these two pokemon:

Mega Houndoom and

Ninetales

MegaDoom is an amazingly powerful special attacker for fire and gets the solar power boost from Ninetales's Drought ability!

Teambuilding Deadline: March 13
Voting Deadline: March 16

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray

Charizard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flame Charge
- Solar Beam

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

I built this team about a month ago because I really wanted to see what I could do with a dedicated sun fire build. Mega doom is obviously the first mon that comes to mind when you think of solar power but I also wanted to see how regular charizard would fare. It turned out to be surprisingly pretty damn good. between the sun AND the solar power boost your moves do roughly 10% greater than a mega zard's moves, which is really nice because it allows me to slap a scarf on it as well and boost its speed WHILE getting a significant damage boost. That being said, Mega dooms are even more powerful. I threw flame charge on it so I could take advantage of a weakened mon and pick it off to boost my speed to make doom harder to check. Solar Beam hits gastro and toad.

The team is pretty centered around those two as I basically just focus on supporting them with the rest of my mons. Torkoal provides hazard control and rotom provides momentum and screens support for doom and zard. I could probably get a bit creative with tini but I just threw a scarf on it anyways because fire needs all the speed it can get and I like the U turn support.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-337807628 (solid replay I had. sorry lycan :/)

E: I changed hp grass on doom to solar beam, I didnt know it got that and I should probably be running it so yeah.

Last edited:
http://pastebin.com/B5C5km0X

I've had this team for a while now and it's pretty fun to use. Mega Houndoom's speed tier outspeeds a majority of the metagame and is able to 1HKO them under sun. I chose to add Torkoal for hazard support because Fire is crippled by Rocks. Yawn threatens out sweepers, while possibly giving Ninetales or Houndoom a free switchin if they decide to switch. Red Card is to prevent Gyarados and other sweepers from 6-0ing the team turn 2. Next is Heatran. Heatran is the glue that holds this team together, trapping Pokemon that are able to wall Houndoom such as Chansey, and threatening out Pokemon that'd threaten this team like Hippowdon and Excadrill. Arcanine is the Dragon check, and is able to spread burns or just pick off weakened opponents with ExtremeSpeed. Morning Sun heals 75% of your HP under sun so that works well. Finally, Infernape wallbreaks any special walls that'd check / counter Houndoom. Close Combat is really powerful, and Blitz nukes under the sun. U-turn allows Ape to safely switch out, and maybe give something a free switchin.

I don't have any replays saved, but this team has beaten many people such as Soma's Dragon + Flying, and others.

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Lava Plume

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

I never built a fire team before but sure,I will try.The core is Houndoom Mega+Ninetales.Thus I used the standard set for sun teams.Torkoal is my main way of removing hazards which is a must for fire teams.It also gives me stealth rock support.Rotom-heat is my way to deal with water and ground type teams.Its also my scarfer and revenge killer.Infernape gives me a way to deal with rock types and is also a strong mixed wallbreaker in general.And at last,this team deserved a good winning condition.Thus Volcarona saves me this time.Hope you like it☺.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-342903522

Last edited:

Ophelia (Houndoom-Mega) @ Houndoominite
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

One of the two core members of the team, Ophelia's goal is to get in once Ninetales gets the sun up, hopefully get set up with Nasty Plot, and then deal some major damage with STAB Dark Pulse/Fire Blast. Taunt is to prevent anyone else from doing the same.

Ophelia's name is from the character of the same name in Hamlet. I wanted a tragic figure to name a Houndoom after in-game, and the name's stuck for every Houndoom since.

Kyukon (Ninetales) @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The other core team member, Ninetales is a secondary special sweeper. Not much to say about her other than a movepool aiming for coverage. Fire Blast for STAB and dealing with Steel/Grass/Ice, Psyshock to handle Fighting/Poison, Solar Beam for Water/Rock/Ground (I originally ran Energy Ball, but since Ninetales is always going to have the sun up when it's out, may as well go all in), and HP Ice for Dragon/Flying/Ground.

Kyukon is just Ninetale's Japanese name, but I like the sound of it, so it stuck.

Hot Dog (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

I needed a physical Fire type, and decided to run Entei over Infernape, half to be different, half because I already have an Infernape on my Mono-Fighting team. Sacred Fire for STAB, Extreme Speed for priority, Stone Edge for Flying types, and Ground for not-Flying types that resist Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed.

Hot Dog, is, well... Entei's a beast and a Fire-type, so.

Nike (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

The second physical member of the team, and part of the VoltTurn team alongside Rotom-H, I wanted someone who can hit very hard and very fast, and Victini fit the bill well enough.

Nike is the Greek goddess of victory, fitting in with Victini's theme of victory.

Mittens (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

OR

Mittens (Rotom-Heat) @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 52 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Reflect
- Light Screen

A little something to mess with a Ground type's day if one tries to sweep. The first set is a slightly more offensive one, while the second set is more of a support in the event I need one to go with Torkoal below. SpD EVs since Torkoal's running as the defensive tank, and as a hopeful chance against Water types.

Because oven mitts! Yeah, I know, I'm clever...

Genbu (Torkoal) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn

The main support of the team. Can set up with Stealth Rocks, use Yawn to force a switch and get in some more Stealth Rock damage, Lava Plume for damage, and Rapid Spin to make sure Stealth Rocks don't mess me up.

Genbu is the name of the famous Chinese Black Turtle/Tortoise. Torkoal has a dark gray shell, so I figured it worked.

I could've gone with another special 'mon instead of Victini, but I wanted to have a 2-2-2 balance between Specials (Houndoom/Ninetales), Physicals (Entei/Victini) and Supports (Rotom/Torkoal).

EDIT: Added the name meanings to each of the team, just for fun!

Last edited:

Ability: Early Bird
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split / Wil-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Disable

Torkoal @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

This was definately an interesting core to build around, it broke the norms of typical fire teams, so this presented a unique challenge. First I started with the given core of Mega-Houndoom and Ninetales. I made Houndoom simply a fast Special Sweeper, being a great win con against Psychic teams. Ninetales took me a bit to decide on a set, but after some thinking I opted for a Sub-Disable set, great for walls and tanks alike. You can put the HP evs into special attack instead if you'd like, but I prefer a bit more bulk in this case. Next I added Torkoal, for a hazards setter and obligatory hazard control. Chandelure was added as it makes a great partner for Houndoom, seen as its immune to fighting attacks, and it provides the team with a fighting-force against Ground. Infernape was added noticing I was lacking some reliable physical attackers, and it does quite a bit of work against Normal, Rock, and Steel. Lastly I added Entei knowing it can break the common Flying core relatively easy. It also gives me a 2nd form of priority, and all in all a great physical wallbreaker.

Edit: I noticed I had no one to send into Ground attacks. This void can be filled by either giving Chandelure the Air Balloon, or replacing it entirely with Fletchinder.

Last edited:
Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hypnosis
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Torkoal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare
- U-turn

I started off with my Ninetales set. I love this Ninetales set with double status because nothing really takes both sleep and burn. You're guaranteed to get off at least one of the two crippling statuses. Further, Ninetales is a great starting anti-lead with decent speed and coverage that threatens slower leads.

The Mega-Houndoom set is generic. It's my late game setup that in sun will break any and all walls that try to come in after a Nasty Plot boost. Double STAB moves and Solar Beam for finishing coverage. Not much to say here.

Torkoal is a shoe-in as the only legitimately viable hazard removal Fire has. There's no way a 3-pronged U-turn core can function with Stealth Rock on the field, so Torkoal does its best to handle that. If we're lucky, it might even get up some rocks of its own!

My last three mons are my volt-turn core. I wanted to run volt-turn because Mega-Houndoom relies so heavily on sun being up to take advantage of Solar Power and an unforgiving Fire Blast. As a result, I chose three Pokemon that commonly force switches.

First up is Darmanitan. Nothing's going to stand in the way of a banded, sun-boosted Darmanitan's Flare Blitz. You don't really ever click the other moves, but U-turn provides nice momentum, even though Flare Blitz usually just 2HKOs anything anyway.

Rotom-H comes in as the first Choice Scarf half of the volt-turn core. Often, Rotom-H has a lot of trouble with any bulky Pokemon, but thanks to the efforts of Darmanitan and Mega-Houndoom, that's not really the case. Rotom-H provides a much needed Ground immunity, along with a decent Electric STAB move.

The final Pokemon is a Choice Scarf Victini. In the sun, V-create does enormous amounts of damage, even without a band. It also provides nice speed control alongside Rotom-H. With Victini and Rotom-H being the main pivots into Ninetales, keeping up sun is not hard! Even against opposing weather setters, volt-turn steals momentum away and ensures the sun is here to stay.

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Extrasensory

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Solar Beam

Infernape @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Flare Blitz

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast

Victini @ assault vest
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Hyper Beam

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Overheat
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day

Ninetales is the sun support. Toxic along with a sun up from drought is a great base for this team. Nasty Plot/Overheat are there for damage and extrasensory is for any fighting/poison type that might lead.

M-Houndoom is the majority of the Sun usage. He has Solarbeam for those pesky rock/ground users that can easily sweep a fire team like this. He has Nasty Plot for when he can set up and Dark Pulse as a STAB SPA with heat wave also being STAB SPA

Infernape is a stand alone sweeper/wall breaker with the power/mach punch combo. He is also the fairy/grass killer with flare blitz and poison jab. I went with the life orb for powering up all of his attacks, but mostly for the mach punch.

Emboar is a bulkier mon on this team, and he fills this roll nicely. Choice Band+Reckless is great and can sometimes kill those that resist the moves. The first battle i did for this team Emboar killed two fighting types with Head Smash. Having a bulky mon do damage to itself is a problem with Emboar though.

Victini is the speed of the team. I use this load out in my OU team and it does great. The three moves besides Hyper Beam(will get to that later) are great for Victini, and are powerful enough with lifeorb/max attack to do considerable damage, with Bolt Strike to deal with water/flying types. Blue Flare is for the begging of the game, when i don't want the stat drop due to V-Create. Hyper Beam is for the other types resistant to both Fire and Electric.

Volcarona is for when Ninetales goes down, and sun fades. I hope to get Houndoom out of many situations early, so having another sunsetter is great for late game. This is also for those Dark teams and morning sun is for recovery/stall with toxic from Ninetales

This Area is for changes that i make to the team and will have reasons/changes to roles stated here

I change Victiny's item from life orb to assault vest, i didn't need the recoil and i needed some defense on him

I change Victiny's item to Choice Scarf. I lost a battle because of Kyurem Black that was scarfed in i need my speed to you know... actually outspeed everything

Attachments

Last edited:

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.
I'm not sure,but is it really a great idea to use nasty plot on houndoom for the following reasons:
-You would waste the sun turns.
-It would take damage by opponent
-It will take recoil from solar power if mega evolved already
-It may waste a filler move if I'm right.
So would someone please answer my question?

I'm not sure,but is it really a great idea to use nasty plot on houndoom for the following reasons:
Nasty Plot allows Houndoom to function as a wallbreaker, and it already has enough coverage, that's why people like running that.

Its alternate options would be Sucker Punch, Sludge Bomb, Willo, or Taunt

Sucker is weak asf, but viable. You'd have to run a -def nature tho.
Sludge Bomb would be an excellent move on Dark teams, but Fire does not have trouble w/ Fairy. (and Fire Blast under Sun hits for more anyways)
Who needs Willo when everything else gets it?
Taunt is viable as well, and possibly the best one out of here but if you're going to Taunt something, just kill it xd

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break

Nikki G (Houndoom) @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam

Air Jak Legend (Torkoal) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Mixed Lycan (Infernape) @ Life Orb
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Mach Punch/Hidden Power Ice/Thunder Punch

PEEE KAYY (Victini) @ Flame Plate
EVs: 220 Atk / 108 SpA / 180 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Flame Charge
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate/Focus Blast/Dazzling Gleam/Energy Ball/Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

Ticken (Ninetales) @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Power Swap
- Hypnosis

BB (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Tailwind

After making a team with this exact same core of Mega Houndoom + Ninetales with Sabella,(which I posted 3 members in forums as part of the past underated mega topic in monotype forum and pretty much gave out the other half of the team in potential team members), I decided to approach a different theme. Being from Gen 5, and mainly running Specially Defensive Ninetales all the time, I decided to make this team pretty much straight up almost Hyper Offensive. That being said I thought of this offensive Ninetales set utilizing Overheat and Power Swap for more Overheat Spam. Next naturally came mega Houndoom, with standard nasty plot and dual stab, plus Solarbeam, which Houndoom can use nicely with sun. I then added torkoal, since I wanted to set hazards and remove hazards, and I was adamant against running Taunt Rocks ape. Plus it acts as a scrapegoat for a pokemon to sack. Then, with Infernape and Victini, I wanted them both to be mixed sweepers. I added Mixed Grass Knot Ape to deal with Water plus Close Combat. HP Ice could work as it OHKOS garchomp, but it replaces Mach. Then I wanted to use this unique victini set that's more so seen on psychic. I wanted to test out mixed flame charge physically orientated Victini, with glaciate to hit dragons harder and somewhat cover my dragon weakness, but it can be whatever you want such as Focus Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp etc. Flame plate is to boost Flame Charge and V-create to dangerous levels. Finally, I added Fletchinder for revenge killing with Gale Wings, and tailwind support.

Last edited:

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast

Lonely Nature
- Flame Charge
- V-create
- Bolt Strike

Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Power Swap
- Hypnosis

BB (Fletchinder)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Tailwind

After making a team with this exact same core of Mega Houndoom + Ninetales with Sabella,(which I posted 3 members in forums as part of the past underated mega topic in monotype forum and pretty much gave out the other half of the team in potential team members), I decided to approach a different theme. Being from Gen 5, and mainly running Specially Defensive Ninetales all the time, I decided to make this team pretty much straight up almost Hyper Offensive. That being said I thought of this offensive Ninetales set utilizing Overheat and Power Swap for more Overheat Spam. Next naturally came mega Houndoom, with standard nasty plot and dual stab, plus Solarbeam, which Houndoom can use nicely with sun. I then added torkoal, since I wanted to set hazards and remove hazards, and I was adamant against running Taunt Rocks ape. Plus it acts as a scrapegoat for a pokemon to sack. Then, with Infernape and Victini, I wanted them both to be mixed sweepers. I added Mixed Grass Knot Ape to deal with Water plus Close Combat. HP Ice could work as it OHKOS garchomp, but it replaces Mach. Then I wanted to use this unique victini set that's more so seen on psychic. I wanted to test out mixed flame charge physically orientated Victini, with glaciate to hit dragons harder and somewhat cover my dragon weakness, but it can be whatever you want such as Focus Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp etc. Flame plate is to boost Flame Charge and V-create to dangerous levels. Finally, I added Fletchinder for revenge killing with Gale Wings, and tailwind support.
1 Suggestion that may help you. AV Victini may be better over Flame Plate. Gives you some great Special Defensive bulk with almost no penalties, and you can still greatly take advantage of Flame Charge (which is an awesome set, great idea btw). Otherwise, love your layout :)

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
1 Suggestion that may help you. AV Victini may be better over Flame Plate. Gives you some great Special Defensive bulk with almost no penalties, and you can still greatly take advantage of Flame Charge (which is an awesome set, great idea btw). Otherwise, love your layout :)
Thanks I'll actually try that since I do get blown back by things like Keldeo and Lati's

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast

Lonely Nature
- Flame Charge
- V-create
- Bolt Strike

Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Power Swap
- Hypnosis

BB (Fletchinder)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Tailwind

Was going to post this but jak already beat me to it so thanks dude. I gave my version below
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Barian Queer (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse

BB (Fletchinder)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Tailwind

Jak has pretty much summed all the strong points i decided to offer just a few small changes in my team. I had no good switch ins to eq so i added rotom over victini. I also swapped nasty plot on houndoom for hp ice and added nasty plot on Infernape to increase its wallbreaking power. I found it so hard to set up in sun with houndoom so i found this to be a bit of a better fit. Fletchinder was a great check to fighting teams and paired with tailwind helped infernape and houndoom put massive holes in opposing teams. Shout out to BlackJak for posting and giving me the credit with this team as it was something cool not many of us had approached before especially with any success. Im usually extremely lazy when it comes to posting but i really liked this core and the challenge it brought me. Myself and jak had hit top 10 on the ladder with this team so it has been battle tested with success

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)