Monotype Cup Monotype SS Cup - Round 1

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
what does this mean ? my match is again bye 92
If you have a Bye for the round, you will potentially advance to round 2 without having to play. That being said, subs will be randomly rolled in later this week, so you may receive an opponent when that happens, so make sure to check back around that time.

I didn't quite understand how the tournament is going to be, please help.
The tournament will take place in multiple rounds & is single elimination. Each round, you will be paired against an opponent (or in early rounds, potentially roll a bye - see above) and will play each other in a best of 3 in Gen 8 Monotype. The first to win two battles will reply to the thread with something along the lines of "won ggs" and then you will advance to the next round.

I assume that if I've contacted my opponent on here to try and set a time, and they never respond, I'll advance as if I had a bye?

Azick

Love Sosa
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I assume that if I've contacted my opponent on here to try and set a time, and they never respond, I'll advance as if I had a bye?
Near the end of the week make a post here "calling activity." I should be able to check their smogon profile and see that they never responded to your messages, and you will advance.

If you have a Bye for the round, you will potentially advance to round 2 without having to play. That being said, subs will be randomly rolled in later this week, so you may receive an opponent when that happens, so make sure to check back around that time.

The tournament will take place in multiple rounds & is single elimination. Each round, you will be paired against an opponent (or in early rounds, potentially roll a bye - see above) and will play each other in a best of 3 in Gen 8 Monotype. The first to win two battles will reply to the thread with something along the lines of "won ggs" and then you will advance to the next round.
what if the other person doesn't want to play?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)