Monotype Role Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy-Type Checks:

Priority:

Trappers:

Offensive Pivots:
Iirc, the compendium is only adding viable Pokemon so idk if Meinfoo, Pangoro, Hitmontop, or Hitmonlee would qualify. Also, The definition of Trappers is Pursuit or a trapping ability. Toxicroak, / Heracross / Hitmontop may get the move Pursuit, but it's terrible on them and should never be used. The Fairy checks look good tho

Reactions: 6ti
I'd argue that Mienshao is viable, but that's not the point. For priority, I don't think something is worth adding just because it gets fake out. It should be for reliable priority that isn't conditional, like Mach Punch or Ice Shard. And yeah trapper is for stuff like magnet pull, shadow tag, or actual good pursuit users, like Skuntank.

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Iirc, the compendium is only adding viable Pokemon so idk if Meinfoo, Pangoro, Hitmontop, or Hitmonlee would qualify. Also, The definition of Trappers is Pursuit or a trapping ability. Toxicroak, / Heracross / Hitmontop may get the move Pursuit, but it's terrible on them and should never be used. The Fairy checks look good tho
lol tbh i based most of these off the Hub

I'd put a note by rotom for electric in ground type checks that says something like (All forms of rotom)
Add azumarill to "Choice Band Users" for fairy
Why is toxicroak listed as a choice scarf user on poison?

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
question marked suggestions are.. questionable suggestions lol
Fire: add volcanion to ground&rock type checks
(steam eruption/hp grass for water immunity)

Poison: add scolipede to steel type checks
(eq superpower)

Water: remove tentacruel from rock setters
(youre only human)

Dark: add houndoom-mega to bug type checks, add zoroark, absol & honchkrow to priority, remove skuntank(?), add crawdaunt to other setup(?).
(houndoom-mega: 361speed +fire stab =bug check,,,,,,,,,, zoroark absol and krow are common priority holders,,,,,,,,, skuntank is really redundant, if you wanna go outside the box or smth add cacturne as it provides shit load of help against water/ground/rock, while youre at it add it to SD setters - THANK YOU WYN)

Psychic: add deoxys-s to priority, add gallade to ghost type checks
(mixed LO extreme speed is a good set,,,,,,gallade has access to sd/knockoff and sneak, enough said)

Ghost: remove aegislash(-_-), remove frosslass from scarf users, add chandelure to CM setters
(rip aegi................, froslass is way too weak to run a scarf, and the set is nowhere near common,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sub cm delure has always been a great setup.)

Fighting: add ghost type checks section, add pangoro,gallade,scrafty, add pangoro to psy checks
(fighting is unable to hit ghost=> pangoro(dark)/gallade(sd/knock/sneak)/scrafty(dark) are checks, pangoro is immune to psy and is viable, add to psy checks,,,,,,,,,add conk to psy/ghost check->guts knock(
?))

Bug: add yanmega to flying checks
(hp ice/ancientpower)

Flying: add articuno to hazard removal
(good bulk + viable, deserves a mention)

Normal: add meloetta to choice scarf users(?), add heliolisk to choice specs users, add entry hazards headline, then underline "sticky web", add smeargle under that
scarf melo helps w/ fighting and filler moves help(after psy stab/focus blast/tbolt,eball,hp ?, ect) w/ whatever your team needs coverage with, helio is fast enough to go w/o a scarf, specs could compliment its decent spa well

Ground: add diggersby to stallbreakers
needsless to say its fucking insane

Rock: add carracosta&golem to priority
smash+dual stab+jet is a common viable set, sucker golem

Steel: add metagross to priority, add lucario under nasty plot
suggestions speak for themselves

Electric: add thundurus-i under choice band users, include dragon & grass type checks, add both thundurus forms under them, ampharos under dragon, manectric under grass, rotom frost under all three(yep).

good atk & great speed let thundy cover elec's lack of physical attackers, using band,,,,,,, both thundy forms run hp ice usually, so they can work under dragon/grass/ground, same for rotom frost with blizzard,,,,,,, manectric's flamethrower/overheat help a great deal against grass' main threats such as breloom ferrothorn ect.

Ice: add jynx to scarf users, add kyub to fire type checks, add lapras to fire type checks,
scarf jynx is a nice fighting check providing help against water with dry skin and eball, and access to focus blast helps with steel/rock/opposing ice

Fairy: add whimsicott to offensive pivot
uturn provides momentum

Dragon: add tyrantrum, mega latios to dragon dance users, add garchomp & tyrantrum to choice scarf users
idt i need to explain these either

I noticed there are a bunch of choice specs/choice band user sections missing in most of the types, you all should try and resolve this :)

I have two questions.

1. Why is Aegislash still in the ghost Role compendium?
2. I feel like a lot of the "Set up" roles for certain pokemon are significant stretches that aren't very viable at all. Curse Avalugg and Agility Articuno in ice, for example. Is the idea to list every possible set up, or just the ones that are somewhat viable?

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have two questions.

1. Why is Aegislash still in the ghost Role compendium?
2. I feel like a lot of the "Set up" roles for certain pokemon are significant stretches that aren't very viable at all. Curse Avalugg and Agility Articuno in ice, for example. Is the idea to list every possible set up, or just the ones that are somewhat viable?
only the viable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)