Project Monotype Battle of the Week! [MWP Hiatus]

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
approved by the Monotype Moderator Team
Idea taken and adapted from here

Welcome to Monotype's new project, Battle of the Week! For 13 weeks, the community can vote on high caliber, well respected community figures that battle it out for everyone to enjoy and learn!

Rules and Notes for the community:
  • Each week, you have the opportunity to nominate 3 Monotype players that you would like to see battle it out in the format given for the week.
  • If two players do battle one week, they are ineligible to be nominated the next week. This is in place for two reasons: we can't and don't expect competitors to participate in every single week (they have lives too y'know?), and this also prevents stale battles from the same minds.
  • Don't nominate yourself. The community will vote on you if they want to see you in action.
  • There will be four days of nominations (Mon - Thurs), followed by three days being the battle period (Fri - Sun), completing a full week. The nomination stage will reset if the week has passed and the battle was not done.
Rules for voted competitors:
  • Take this project with a grain of salt. While it may seem like a bit of a chore at first, know that your mind is greatly appreciated and helps our community grow. Think of this project as a proving ground for team testing, or solid practice for seasonals and team tours against a fellow, high level competitor.
  • If you are chosen, please either post when you are playing in this thread, or PM me over Smogon or Discord and I'll post for you.
  • I recommend that battles are done as a Bo3, considering the context of Monotype. However, you can do a Bo1 (for team tour practice), or a Bo5 (Gauntlet) if you both decide to agree on it.
  • Take your battles seriously. This is an opportunity for our community to grow, so please, no memes.
  • After the battle, we'd like you to post a couple of things: the battle replay, a brief description of your mindset throughout the battle, and an importable of the teams you used (optional).
  • Communicate! If you cannot commit to battling, please let me know in advance, and I'll put the runner-up for that week as a sub in your place. (If there is an emergency that prevents you from battling, let your opponent and I know as soon as possible so that you can reschedule.)
  • In the event that there is a tie for 2nd place in voting, the tied competitors must do a bo1 for the tier selected that week. For example, if Sabella gets the most votes while Lax and Wanka are tied for 2nd place in an ORAS BotW, Lax and Wanka will fight in an ORAS bo1 to determine who plays Sabella that week. The loser is used as the sub instead. In this instance, the battle replay is required, though a full description is not. Likewise, if there is a tie between 1st place, the tied competitors will be your participants for the Battle of the Week.

The following users are softbanned from being nominated:
-TheThorn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)