Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Haha monkey go do big damage!
Monferno is a great offensive pivot with its strong STAB combination, good Speed, offensive movepool, and high-Base Power moves. Monferno's STAB moves hit nearly the entire metagame for at least neutral damage. Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill faster foes or pick off weakened foes such as Pawniard, Krokorok, and Persian. U-turn can let Monferno pivot out from Pokemon that can threaten it like Frogadier and Lumineon. Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat's already high damage, helping against Stonjourner. Monferno can struggle to break through Crocalor, Sandygast, and Dusclops, so it can pair well with other offensive Pokemon such as Frogadier, Lumineon, and Girafarig, respectively. Monferno can also appreciate entry hazards from Pokemon such as Stonjourner, Glimmet, and Camerupt, which can put Pokemon in range for Monferno to OHKO. Pivots such as Ampharos, Frogadier, and Vullaby pair excellently with Monferno, forming a VoltTurn core to bring it in on Pokemon it checks. Monferno can also appreciate Knock Off support from Pokemon such as Clefairy, Banette, and Vullaby, which can enable it to perform better offensively.

984 without spaces (god i wanna make this 1000 somehow)

Last edited:

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Just to give a head's up, the meta has changed quite a lot and there's still a lot of Pokemon whose viability has been changed. I'd like a second look before I give a stamp.
Monferno is a very good Offensive Pivot with its strong STAB combination, Iron Fist, and pivot with U-turn. Close Combat hits Pokemon Such as Vigoroth, Hisuian Sliggoo, and Dunsparce, 2HKOing them. Flare Blitz can threaten Grass-types such as Grotle, Weepinbell, and Quilladin, as well as hit Ghost-types immune to its other STAB like Banette I'd shorten and rework the paragraph to say how its STABs hit nearly the entire meta for at least neutral damage; the only two Pokemon that resist them are Grumpig and Drakloak for super effective damage. Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill faster foes or pick off weakened opponents such as?. U-turn can pivot Monferno out from Pokemon that can threaten it such as Frogadier and Lumineon would probably rephrase this sentence to anticipated switch-ins, since Frogadier and Lumineon are naturally faster than Monferno anyways. Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat already high damage, allowing it to gurantee a 2HKO on IronPress Stonjourner sets. Maybe say it eases up the Stonjourner matchup? Monferno can Struggle to Break through Crocolar, Sandygast, and Dusclops, so it can pair well with other offensive Pokemon such as Frogadier, Lumineon, and Fraxure Girafarig respectively. Monferno can also appreciate entry hazards from Pokemon such as Spidos Spidops's viability is decent, but Stonjourner and Frogadier tend to be better examples, Glimmora not legal, perhaps you mean Glimmet?, and Camerupt, which can put Pokemon in range of Monferno to OHKO. Pivots such as Persian Ampharos, Frogadier, and Vullaby pair excellently with Monferno, which can form a pivot spam core pivoting in Monferno on Pokemon it checks.

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
Just to give a head's up, the meta has changed quite a lot and there's still a lot of Pokemon whose viability has been changed. I'd like a second look before I give a stamp.
Monferno is a very good Offensive Pivot with its strong STAB combination, Iron Fist, and pivot with U-turn. Close Combat hits Pokemon Such as Vigoroth, Hisuian Sliggoo, and Dunsparce, 2HKOing them. Flare Blitz can threaten Grass-types such as Grotle, Weepinbell, and Quilladin, as well as hit Ghost-types immune to its other STAB like Banette I'd shorten and rework the paragraph to say how its STABs hit nearly the entire meta for at least neutral damage; the only two Pokemon that resist them are Grumpig and Drakloak for super effective damage. Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill faster foes or pick off weakened opponents such as?. U-turn can pivot Monferno out from Pokemon that can threaten it such as Frogadier and Lumineon would probably rephrase this sentence to anticipated switch-ins, since Frogadier and Lumineon are naturally faster than Monferno anyways. Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat already high damage, allowing it to gurantee a 2HKO on IronPress Stonjourner sets. Maybe say it eases up the Stonjourner matchup? Monferno can Struggle to Break through Crocolar, Sandygast, and Dusclops, so it can pair well with other offensive Pokemon such as Frogadier, Lumineon, and Fraxure Girafarig respectively. Monferno can also appreciate entry hazards from Pokemon such as Spidos Spidops's viability is decent, but Stonjourner and Frogadier tend to be better examples, Glimmora not legal, perhaps you mean Glimmet?, and Camerupt, which can put Pokemon in range of Monferno to OHKO. Pivots such as Persian Ampharos, Frogadier, and Vullaby pair excellently with Monferno, which can form a pivot spam core pivoting in Monferno on Pokemon it checks.
implemented we still have 100 characters if u want to include some thing else

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Nice work!
add
remove
comments

5Dots_Small.gif

Monferno is a very good offensive pivot with its strong STAB combination, Iron Fist I'd say something like its good Speed and wide offensive movepool, and pivot with U-turn redundant, say something like high Base Power moves. Monferno's STABs hit nearly the entire metagame for atleast neutral damage, Pokemon like Grumpig and Drakloak resist them for super effective damage I should've clarified that statement was a comment. Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill faster foes or pick off weakened foes like Pawniard list some more examples. U-turn can pivot Monferno out from Pokemon that can threaten it such as Frogadier and Lumineon. Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat already high damage, helping against matchups with Stonjourner. Monferno can Struggle to Break through Crocolar, Sandygast, and Dusclops, so it can pair well with other offensive Pokemon such as Frogadier, Lumineon, and Girafarig respectively. Monferno can also appreciate entry hazards from Pokemon such as Stonjourner, Glimmet, and Camerupt, which can put Pokemon in range of Monferno to OHKO. Pivots such as Ampharos, Frogadier, and Vullaby pair excellently with Monferno, which can form a pivot spam core pivoting in Monferno on Pokemon it checks. Mention about how Monferno appreciates Knock Off support from Pokemon like X, Y, and Z, which enables it to perform better offensively.

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
Nice work!
add
remove
comments

5Dots_Small.gif

Monferno is a very good offensive pivot with its strong STAB combination, Iron Fist I'd say something like its good Speed and wide offensive movepool, and pivot with U-turn redundant, say something like high Base Power moves. Monferno's STABs hit nearly the entire metagame for atleast neutral damage, Pokemon like Grumpig and Drakloak resist them for super effective damage I should've clarified that statement was a comment. Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill faster foes or pick off weakened foes like Pawniard list some more examples. U-turn can pivot Monferno out from Pokemon that can threaten it such as Frogadier and Lumineon. Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat already high damage, helping against matchups with Stonjourner. Monferno can Struggle to Break through Crocolar, Sandygast, and Dusclops, so it can pair well with other offensive Pokemon such as Frogadier, Lumineon, and Girafarig respectively. Monferno can also appreciate entry hazards from Pokemon such as Stonjourner, Glimmet, and Camerupt, which can put Pokemon in range of Monferno to OHKO. Pivots such as Ampharos, Frogadier, and Vullaby pair excellently with Monferno, which can form a pivot spam core pivoting in Monferno on Pokemon it checks. Mention about how Monferno appreciates Knock Off support from Pokemon like X, Y, and Z, which enables it to perform better offensively.
implemented
GP Team good morning how was your day

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add (AC=add comma, AH=add hyphen)
Remove

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Monferno is a great offensive pivot with its strong STAB combination, good Speed and ,(AC) offensive movepool, and high-(AH)Base Power moves. Monferno's STABs STAB moves hit nearly the entire metagame for atleast at least neutral damage. Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill faster foes or pick off weakened foes such as Pawniard, Krokorok, and Persian. U-turn can let Monferno pivot Monferno out from Pokemon that can threaten it like Frogadier and Lumineon. Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat's already high base damage, helping against matchups with Stonjourner. Monferno can Struggle struggle to Break through Crocolar break through Crocalor, Sandygast, and Dusclops, so it can pair well with other offensive Pokemon such as Frogadier, Lumineon, and Girafarig,(AC) respectively. Monferno can also appreciate entry hazards from Pokemon such as Stonjourner, Glimmet, and Camerupt, which can put Pokemon in range for Monferno to OHKO. Pivots such as Ampharos, Frogadier, and Vullaby pair excellently with Monferno, forming a VoltTurn core pivoting in Monferno to bring it in on Pokemon it checks. Monferno can also appreciate Knock Off support from Pokemon such as Clefairy, Banette, and Vullaby, which can enable it to perform better offensively.
milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
Add (AC=add comma, AH=add hyphen)
Remove

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Monferno is a great offensive pivot with its strong STAB combination, good Speed and ,(AC) offensive movepool, and high-(AH)Base Power moves. Monferno's STABs STAB moves hit nearly the entire metagame for atleast at least neutral damage. Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill faster foes or pick off weakened foes such as Pawniard, Krokorok, and Persian. U-turn can let Monferno pivot Monferno out from Pokemon that can threaten it like Frogadier and Lumineon. Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat's already high base damage, helping against matchups with Stonjourner. Monferno can Struggle struggle to Break through Crocolar break through Crocalor, Sandygast, and Dusclops, so it can pair well with other offensive Pokemon such as Frogadier, Lumineon, and Girafarig,(AC) respectively. Monferno can also appreciate entry hazards from Pokemon such as Stonjourner, Glimmet, and Camerupt, which can put Pokemon in range for Monferno to OHKO. Pivots such as Ampharos, Frogadier, and Vullaby pair excellently with Monferno, forming a VoltTurn core pivoting in Monferno to bring it in on Pokemon it checks. Monferno can also appreciate Knock Off support from Pokemon such as Clefairy, Banette, and Vullaby, which can enable it to perform better offensively.
View attachment 560854
GP Team done
gp done tysm!!!

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello, translators here :snom:
Rarelyme noticed that there seem to be a minor mistake in the second to last sentence of the Spotlight, the second 'monferno' of that sentence should have been removed to be clearer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)