MLB 2013 Season Thread

I'll plan on doing it next year because for some reason I feel like subjecting myself to more pain and frustration than the season is already causing me.

If you make it a keeper league, I'd be willing to replace one of the inactives. If you do redraft, that's fine too. Either way, I'd like to participate next season.

my interest changes depending on my schedule (with work in the summer this year and school during September) but I still think I am one of the more active people? dunno. Keeper interests me, though

Really impressed with the Rays going on the road twice when the pressure's at its highest and coming away with two hard-earned Ws to secure a postseason spot. Now they have to lose to the Sox for all their efforts.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jesus christ clint hurdle managing the game like theyve lost already down 3-0 in the third inning... i love how one of the least intelligent managers in baseball is gonna win manager of the year (and no, this isnt new, ive been saying this for years)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
jesus christ clint hurdle managing the game like theyve lost already down 3-0 in the third inning... i love how one of the least intelligent managers in baseball is gonna win manager of the year (and no, this isnt new, ive been saying this for years)
He's the Ron Washington of the NL, a great motivator who the players love, but a fucking shit tactician.

Imanalt

He's the Ron Washington of the NL, a great motivator who the players love, but a fucking shit tactician.
A great motivator when theyre winning, and a terrible one when they arent. Its why his teams are always streaky as fuck

also, with him just driving a run in, i feel like Gerrit Cole could pull a rick ankiel if his pitching career flamed out, he has such a pretty swing and is a very solid hitter for a pitcher, hitting a lot of line drives

Last edited:

Imanalt

irrelevant as it was, as the pirates got mccutchen in anyways, the play in the first inning where the ball was thrown out of play should have scored him, its kinda depressing when i know the correct rule watching but none of 6 umpires on the field nor clint hurdle do lol

the specific play: mccutchen begins the play on first base, morneau up. Ground ball up the middle, hits the pitchers glove, short stop comes in to pick it up and throw to first. Before he releases the ball mccutchen touches second base. Ball goes into stands. ruling: morneau and mccutchen to second and third. relevant rule:
"7.05
Each runner including the batter-runner may, without liability to be put out, advance -- (g) Two bases when, with no spectators on the playing field, a thrown ball goes into the stands, or into a bench (whether or not the ball rebounds into the field), or over or under or through a field fence, or on a slanting part of the screen above the backstop, or remains in the meshes of a wire screen protecting spectators. The ball is dead. When such wild throw is the first play by an infielder, the umpire, in awarding such bases, shall be governed by the position of the runners at the time the ball was pitched; in all other cases the umpire shall be governed by the position of the runners at the time the wild throw was made;"

While the errant throw was from an infielder, it was not the first play by an infielder, as the pitcher touching the ball with his glove does in fact count as a play... youd think when umpriing is your job youd understand this rule?_?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
you know in hindsight this would be a lot more fun if there were actually rays fans to gloat to, apparently last night's game had the lowest attendance of an mlb playoff game since the 80s

edit:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)