SS UU Mixed Aegi BO

MIXED AEGISLASH BO
:ss/aegislash-blade: :ss/salamence: :ss/sylveon: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/rotom-heat: :ss/krookodile:
Pokepast in the sprites :)

Since aegi has been freed from that horrible place called UUBL I and many other people have been trying to make the most of it in its new home, many people wre disappointed after realizing that not only its offenses didnt deliver as much as other mons but that it also was kind of cluncky to build around, after a lot of deliberation I managed to finish this squad to try to make the best team I could using the new mon.
Welcome everyone to my first RMT and I hope one of you could give some feedback to make this team even better :).

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

Since the start of the team I wanted to use aegislash, I especifically wanted to use something that higlighted Aegi's unique abilities and the best option for this was the spell tag mixed set, easily breaking fatter teams while having a powerful priority for faster mons.

To support aegislash I opted to make a dragon - fairy - steel core and the other two members of the core work incredibly good with it! Salamence brings defog support and a very reliable scizor counter while not easing up on the offense with a powerful draco meteor capable of OHKO'ing Kommo-o, sylveon is an underrated pick on the meta as it is a blanket check to keldeo, primarina, moltres-g and every dragon type in the tier, it also brings wish support which aegi greatly appreciates as it has no recovery and it helps mence to better counter scizor.

At this point I still needed a a sturdier defensive backbone so one of regen grasses was a no brainer, I opted for tang over moongus since the extra physical bulk seemed way better as the other members were incredibly weak to mons like zydog and krook. (also knock is broken)

The last two members of the team were a bit harder to define as I still had a few other mons that I had to worry about, but the two biggest things that I lacked was a threatening mon with the ability to pivot and speed control, thats how I decided to use Rotom and Krook, they also patched other things the team lacked like SR, electric immunity, a secondary scizor check and tools to beat other annoying mons like opposing aegislash, mamoswine and celesteela.
For a little time I was very conflicted on whether using rotom wash or heat but the ability for rotom-h to deal with the bulky grasses + scizor gave it the edge for me.

THE GANG

:ss/aegislash:
Aegislash @ Spell Tag
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
Aegislash works as one of the main breakers of the team, we are using the mixed set so that traditional counterplay based on scouting the choice-lock of similar mons like chandelure doesnt work making it a perfect fat breaker that also packs priority to pick off weakened offensive mons . The evs on the set are stanadard to maximise the power of our shadow balls and it packs just enough speed to creep max spe adamant crawdaunt, lastly we are making use of the spell tag instead of LO so that our opponent doesnt inmediately figure out our set and the power drop isnt significant enough to make a difference.

:ss/salamence:
Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
Salamence is the deffoger of the team while carrying a spatk set that threatens out the most common rockers in Kommo-o and Krookodile and other metagame staples like scizor and amoonguss. It is very consistent at deffoging and doesnt have many switch-ins. The evs creep base 95s and we put the ones that we saved by not using the standard max-max into defense which make mence's physical walling abilities a bit better.

:ss/sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Sylveon just uses the standard cleric set to stand up against a lot of the tiers special attackers while providing team support in the form of wish as some of the other members of the team can be overwhelmed with repetead volturn pressure and heal bell since we dont have a very reliable toxic absorber, all of this while having a surprisingly powerful hyper voice capable of 2hko'ing mons like alakazam and thundy-t.
While playing I havent really missed mystical fire since mons like celesteela and scizor aren't excessively annoying for the rest of the team and bell has proven more useful.

:ss/tangrowth:
Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Brick Break
This is just the standard Physdef tangrowth and it is a general glue mon that stands against the tiers scariest physical attackers, it also provides more safety against some mons like lycandog, crawdaunt and other mons that moonguss cant stand against. The only pecularity of this set is that instead of sleep powder it has brick break, this is because sleep powder is a horrible move and brick break allows tang to completely invalidate screens grimmsnarl and it does an excellent job at keeping the number of screens at 0, which the rest of the team LOVES. Most of the time you are only clicking knock, giga and bomb so the fourth move is very optional imo.

:ss/rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split
Rotom doubles as an offensive pivot and a nasty plot breaker which totally destroys toxic-less chansey, while mons that rotom-heat checks are alreday covered by other members of the team they can be overwhelmed by mons like buzzwole and scizor and rotom over here helps to reduce the pressure on its teammates. The evs are setto maximise its bulk while outspeeding max speed base 80s like chandelure and mamoswine, it is an important team member as it is the only way the team has to move around and keep a constant offensive pressure.

:ss/krookodile:
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
Last but not least is mr. role compression himself, bringing speed control, electric immunity and rocks all in one slot. The set is just the basic scarfed rocks set that is able to clean weakened teams. I opted for stone edge instead of another dark move or aerial ace since removing boosted threats like galartres, regular moltres and gyarados could be very important.

THREATS AND BAD MATCHUPS

:tentacruel:
While tentacruel can never take the team on its own thanks to it lackuster offense the team has genuinly 0 switchins to its attacks, breaking through it can be extremely annoying and the only thing that inmedietely threatens it out is krookodile which doesnt appreciate a scald burn.
:rhyperior: + :amoonguss:
Both of the previously mentioned mons in general can be a bit annoying on their own as whenever they come out they will most likely accomplish something but in conjuction they are incredibly hard to deal with as the only consistent switchin to rhyp is tang and amoonguss sits on tang all day long, they need to be heavily weakened so that they can be picked off by krook which can be a difficult task to accomplish if your opponent plays their cards correctly.
:primarina:
For the primarina MU sylveon NEEDS to be kept extremely healthy as if it gets just weak enough prima will always take a KO when it comes in, the lack of a move that can Ohko primarina doesnt help either.
Sub CM beats sylveon 1v1 and that means that we gotta have both krook and aegi to beat prima behind a sub.

CONCLUSION
Yeah I like this team, I have been playing around with it just before the april shifts until now and I can say that it feels solid enough in the ladder and in the few tour games Ive played with it, it is definetively not in its definitive version as there is some improvements that could be made but overall it is solid enough to work on its own and it is incredibly rewarding when making predictions which is something that I will always enjoy :3.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
TotomonGang,

Thanks for sharing this team, I've always been a fan of Sylveon balance in UU. In the weeks since you posted your team the metagame has changed, or at least been more properly identified. Let me offer two minor suggestions based on that as well the threat list you posed.

1. Using Assault Vest Tangrowth with maximum Special Defense helps significantly versus the two threats of Primarina and Tentacruel. I understand Brick Break has it's uses, but I'd suggest considering Earthquake as well to further help with the Tentacruel problem as well as beating Nihilego more easily (you have Aegislash and Krookodile for it but they both don't have Recovery). This also helps very slightly with Meteor Beam Celesteela which is a huge threat but I guess you can manage since Power Herb is one time use.
  2. I'd consider just maximizing speed on Salamence, as well as Aegislash. Salamence being able to tie against other Salamence could be important as Sylveon takes a lot from Dual Wingbeat and I think being able to tie versus other Aegislash is helpful as well.
As I said these are pretty minor changes. If you're looking for more variety in building, feel free to PM me and we can discuss more as I think this team is pretty much great already but also very standard. You could make a similar iteration of a standard team by using Primarina over Sylveon or Amoonguss over Tangrowth. Or you could make it a little wackier but still effective with something like Umbreon as the core defensive Pokemon.

I'd rate the team 9/10.

pif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)