Mirrors Reflect Light (Screen)

Welcome to my first RMT, it may be a little... um... terrible, so bare with me!

The aim of this team is to throw off the opposing teams synergy with victini, setup duel screens, then sweep.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Final Gambit
- V-create
- U-turn
- Fusion Bolt

Initially I just had a spare team slot and figured I might as well troll the enemy team but victini turned out to be a great fit to the team. Final gambit may seem odd but it tears holes in the opposing team for the other members to take advantage of. The threat of its powerful v-create lures air-balloon heatran which otherwise is a major problem for the team, as well as other physical walls such as gliscor. The other moves are mostly self-explanatory: v-create is insanely powerful; u-turn lets me switch out of a bad matchup; and fusion bolt provides coverage.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

After victini does it's murder suicide (or just switches out with u-turn) azelf comes in and sets up duel screens and sometimes SR for a sweeper. Taunt gives free turns against hazard setters and prevents the opponent from using it as setup bait.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

The first sweeper on my team, and also probably the most important. With it's many resistances and lum berry to give it some protection against scalds and the like salamence can easily setup a DD and sweep. The moves are standard: DD boosts spd and atk; STAB outrage devastates anything that doesn't resist it; EQ hits most steel type super-effectively; fire-blast hits the steel type that EQ doesn't and hits many important poke for 4x damage.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

You can not wall SD lucario. Normally lucario's pathetic bulk makes setting up somewhat difficult but duel screens partially solve this problem. After a SD extreme speed murders would-be revenge killers while close combat devastates any wall it touches. Crunch hit ghost type that otherwise wall it. If it had space for ice punch nothing could stop it, as it is very little can anyway...

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Under duel screens scizor laughs at most non-fire-type attacks as it sets up SD's for a sweep. Unlike lucario (and do a lesser extent, salamence) who usually needs duel screens to setup it can also setup without them. It's coverage is a bit disappointing but otherwise there is little more scizor could possibly want.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 96 SDef / 152 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

The team needed a bit of bulk and an extra screen-er so bronzong was an obvious choice. The attack investment lets it do some damage if it needs to as well, with EQ hitting magnezone and heatran for 4x damage whilst gyro ball hits hard generally with bronzong's low speed.

Threats:
Sun teams with air balloon heatran are a nightmare for this team, if victini doesn't kill heatran it can wall my whole team (barring lucario who can't switch in anyway). Powerful fire moves in general are a pain for the team as salamence is the only resist (lucky rain is so popular currently!).

A bit tired so I'm not going to give a full rate atm, but 1 thing I noticed is that with Victini and Azelf that unless you do sacrifice Victini and kill an opponents pokemon with it, there is a good chance that your opponent will switch in a pokemon that can take on both Victini and Azelf, them both being Psychic types.

A bit tired so I'm not going to give a full rate atm, but 1 thing I noticed is that with Victini and Azelf that unless you do sacrifice Victini and kill an opponents pokemon with it, there is a good chance that your opponent will switch in a pokemon that can take on both Victini and Azelf, them both being Psychic types.
I find it's usually not an issue, stuff like gengar is outsped and KO'd by v-create, ttar i'll just go murder suicide on, scarfed pokes are usually setup bait for one of my sweepers even without screens.

Hi nice team i noticed you dont have a rapid spinner and when carrying salamence you want hazards of you field so a good idea would be to switch azelf for daul screen espeon daul screen espeon can bounce any hazard or status move back to your opponent with the loss in azelf you could put stealth rocks over earthqauke on bronzong all in all this team looks pretty cool and is a bit similar to my tean in that I utilize daul screen support for my sweepers and support pokes. also if you run espeon daul screens set hp ice is actaully a great move on that set because dragons often try and set up ob espy. you should also test lum on scizor because it trolls brelooms spore jellicents wilo jirachis parahax etc which are the usaul ways rain tries to stop scizor due to them not having acces to fire type moves

Hi nice team i noticed you dont have a rapid spinner and when carrying salamence you want hazards of you field so a good idea would be to switch azelf for daul screen espeon daul screen espeon can bounce any hazard or status move back to your opponent with the loss in azelf you could put stealth rocks over earthqauke on bronzong all in all this team looks pretty cool and is a bit similar to my tean in that I utilize daul screen support for my sweepers and support pokes. also if you run espeon daul screens set hp ice is actaully a great move on that set because dragons often try and set up ob espy. you should also test lum on scizor because it trolls brelooms spore jellicents wilo jirachis parahax etc which are the usaul ways rain tries to stop scizor due to them not having acces to fire type moves
Duel screen espeon is good although I need SR and bronzong needs EQ to handle magnezone and heatran (among others). Azelf does a good job of delaying hazards if not stoping them dead and any attempt after that the opponents risk letting something setup. I was thinking of changing mence to haxorus though, it would fix the SR weakness and add more power but at the cost of moxie and being walled by skarmory.

Scizor is immune to poison and doesn't particually mind para although it hates sleep and scald burns... I'll certainly give it a try.

I hope it's ok to bump this, it got buried with all the new BW2 team's. If I don't get any more responses then I guess that means there aren't any new suggestions to be made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)