BSS Mimikyu

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mimikyu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak
- Wood Hammer / Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp

This Mimikyu is a powerful disruptive force, not only effective at crippling walls with Trick, but using its surprise Speed to cause some upsets Curse sets could only dream of; it can lock Necrozma-DM into a move after it uses Dragon Dance or revenge kill Calyrex-S under Psychic Terrain with Shadow Claw! Shadow Sneak can be used instead to make Mimikyu more useful after firing off Trick. Wood Hammer is great for picking off weakened Kyogre, and it slays the many Water / Ground types of the metagame as well. Alternately, Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp provide crippling options, including against this set's archnemesis: Zacian-C, which is immune to Trick. Even with a status move, consider bringing sturdy Zacian-C checks such as Quagsire and Necrozma-DM. Coil Zygarde-C is also a fantastic teammate, since its absurd bulk lets it be a particularly potent wincon once Mimikyu has crippled key threats. If playing on the Switch, use a neutral nature and a Jolly Mint to prevent confusion from pinch Berries.

Last edited:

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry that took so long, this is ready for a QC check!

greilmercenary9 Tox I'm gonna highlight you two since this needs to be done soon, and I know you two are among the most active BSS QC checkers!

EDIT: forgot to mention this, but since I got room leftover, I'm thinking about slashing in Wisp, noticed that on the ladder more and its good! But I want QC feedback before I do that.

Last edited:
Check here.

Mimikyu's most used sets are indeed the various crippler sets, with Choice Scarf making up almost a third of total usage!

I think not mentioning Zygarde-C in the context of Choice Scarf Mimikyu is a fairly big missed opportunity. Not only is Mimikyu Zygarde-C's #1 partner (merely #2 for the first two months of Series 12), the way Trick + Thunder Wave/Wisp is used to empower that particular win condition—very reminiscent of the halcyon days of Moody Glalie checkmating—should be very illustrative of both the set featured and how games on console mechanics can be played out to people mainly familiar with smogon formats.

QC 1/1 upon implementation of the above.

Theorymon

Thanks Tox, added the Zygarde-C mention by rearranging wording to fit the character limit!

This is now ready for a GP check!

Reactions: Tox

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
Mimikyu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak
- Wood Hammer / Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp

This Mimikyu is a powerful disruptive force, not only effective at crippling walls with Trick, but the surprise Speed can using its surprise Speed to cause some upsets Curse sets could only dream of, such as locking of; it can lock Necrozma-DM into a move after it Dragon Dances, or revenge killing a uses Dragon Dance or revenge kill Calyrex-S under Psychic Terrain with Shadow Claw! Shadow Sneak can be used instead to make Mimikyu more useful after firing off Trick. Wood Hammer is great for picking off weakened Kyogre, and it lets Mimikyu slay slays the many Water / Ground types (removed hyphen) of the metagame as well. Alternately, you can use Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp for further crippling, including against this set's arch nemesis, Zacian-C. Since Zacian-C is immune to Trick, it's otherwise a huge issue for this Mimikyu, so consider strong defensive archnemesis: Zacian-C, which is immune to Trick. Even with a status move, (I imagine?) consider bringing sturdy Zacian-C checks such as Quagsire and Necrozma-DM. While most set-up setup Pokemon benefit from Mimikyu's support, Coil Zygarde-C deserves special mention, since its absurd bulk becomes lets it be a particularly potent wincon once Mimikyu has crippled key threats.

finland-GP.gif
1/1

Theorymon

Thanks for the check! Unfortunately I realized a mistake: I forgot to mention the weird nature interaction with berries on cart. I've added it in, but I had to do some minor rewrites to fit within the about 1k character limit.

Finland to make things easier, I put the two main sentences I reworded / added in bold red. This is otherwise done though! You can let me know on Discord if those sentences are fine or not, I'll be on there all day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)