- Milk Drink
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell / Attract
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 Defense/252 HP/4 Speed
(Ability: Scrappy)

[Set Comments]
  • Survives Choice Band Scizor's SuperPower.
  • Paralyses potential threats such as Gyarados, Tyranitar, Scizor, etc.
  • Hits EVERY SINGLE POKÉMON w/ Seismic Toss thanks to her Scrappy ability.
  • Can take some Special hits.

[Additional Comments]
  • The choice between Heal Bell&Attract depends on wether you want to support your teammates and cure their status ailments, or hax to death your male opponents (the second, while not so safe, can rip entire teams).

[Teammates & Counters]
  • Strong Special attackers can really harm Miltank, which is why special walls such as Blissey, Bronzong, Vaporeon, Togekiss, etc. make fine partners.
  • Also, fast sweepers who can clean the field before Miltank's appearance make fine partners too, as they also benefit from Miltank's Heal Bell.
  • If not necessary, a Rapid Spinner is welcomed as it will make Miltank's work easier.
  • Miltank has no specific counters, almost nobody when physically talking, and even special-oriented Pokémon need to be fairly strong in order to hurt Miltank, although here is a list of some of Miltank's potential threats: LO Starmie, Roserade, Special Lucario, Togekiss.
  • Finally, Snorlax and Blissey make it difficult for Miltank to harm them because of their great HP stat.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not completely sold on Attract since it's considered a gimmick by the general competitive audience.

Also, what does Miltank have over its other naturally physically defensive friends, like Porygon2? We need to differentiate from the competition.

Also, I believe this belongs to Quality Control.

This isn't stamped (and it probably won't be :/) so it should be in Quality Control as stated above. Also, I would recomend using Thick Fat over Scrappy so you can switch into Heatran and paralize it. Also, something else needs to go in the last slot. Attract is a huge gimmick and you should definatley slash Stealth Rock over it. Other than Heal Bell, I don't see what this set has over Celebi, Hippowdon, and those other physical walls.

I definitely agree Thick Fat should be slashed: most ghosts don't like paralysis anyways and with Thick Fat you can switch into like Charmander said Heatran. Think of it like a Snorlax, only on the physical side and 50% recovery (and 1 weakness). I agree that Attract should not be slashed.

But anyways this is hardly different from the Utility set already online, except the Utility set has Body Slam to act as Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave in one. And it also has Stealth Rock.

Even though I don't play OU, I don't think this set has much potential. Miltank has good HP and Defense stats, but only two resists with Thick Fat (Fire and Ice), and a weakness to Fighting, which is common in OU (or so I think). Also, many Pokemon tank better (Celebi, Heatran, Hippowdon, etc.), which means that Miltank is pretty outclassed. It does have an instant recovery move and Heal Bell, a combination shared by only a couple Pokemon. Unfortunately, I don't think that Miltank is OU material.

Besides, if it were, the Utility set is much better than this one. Sorry, but it's true...

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Having Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave on the same set is questionable when you have STAB Body Slam, which does the exact same thing as both. Of course, once you put Body Slam on, it's not only exactly the same as a set already on-site, but it's also not especially great in OU, where incredibly powerful special attackers like Heatran, Starmie, Celebi, etc. are free to switch in and make a mockery of Miltank. And of course, if you have to pair Miltank with Blissey to get any sort of notable mileage, you just end up doubling up on weaknesses, plus the part where Blissey can also insta-recover and heal allied status, making Miltank unnecessary.

QC REJECTED (1/3)

Going to have to agree with SDS on this. The set onsite is superior to this and is nearly identical to the set you have posted. This alone is enough for it not to warrant a place on site but there's also the other points the above posters mentioned as well. Sorry.

QC REJECTED (2/3)

Many potential threats can possibly run Taunt which cuts the usefulness of the set down to little, leaving Seismic Toss a rather bland option to use against them. I'd rather run Body Slam instead of ST, since you still have a chance to paralyze if T-Wave won't work.

In honest opinion, I'd also use Thick Fat as the ability, and as well as a secondary attack to run alongside Body Slam.

This isn't stamped (and it probably won't be :/) so it should be in Quality Control as stated above. Also, I would recomend using Thick Fat over Scrappy so you can switch into Heatran and paralize it. Also, something else needs to go in the last slot. Attract is a huge gimmick and you should definatley slash Stealth Rock over it. Other than Heal Bell, I don't see what this set has over Celebi, Hippowdon, and those other physical walls.
Other than Celebi? What about Celebi's 7 weaknesses? Miltank has only one, and she can even take super effective hits fairly well (as stated in the example given above). Hippowdon only works if u have a SandStorm based team, otherwise it ends up hindering your own Pokémon. Also, I think Heal Bell is a great move :S and as gimmickly as it may sound, Attract can catch a foe off guard and hax him to death (I have tested it)

And I missclicked when doing it, thanks for advicing cuz yes, it should be in Quality Control (anybody know how to fix it?). Also, stealth rock wasn't listed because it is on Smogon's page.

Having Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave on the same set is questionable when you have STAB Body Slam, which does the exact same thing as both. Of course, once you put Body Slam on, it's not only exactly the same as a set already on-site, but it's also not especially great in OU, where incredibly powerful special attackers like Heatran, Starmie, Celebi, etc. are free to switch in and make a mockery of Miltank. And of course, if you have to pair Miltank with Blissey to get any sort of notable mileage, you just end up doubling up on weaknesses, plus the part where Blissey can also insta-recover and heal allied status, making Miltank unnecessary.

QC REJECTED (1/3)
In order to use Body Slam effectively, you should put some EVs in Attack, which isn't the idea here. Also, as said above, Miltank can take hits special hits plenty well, and the counter with paralysis or simply heal the damage, while Blissey is higly exposed to physical attacks and many OU teams have Pokémon whose only aim is to kill Blissey. Believe me, you won't find any Pokémon exclusively designed for killing Miltank.

And remember that Seismic Toss means a 4HKO on most Pokémon (less in some) which is rather acceptable. Miltank is great for killing Flygon, Metagross, Tyranitar, Scizor (even with SuperPower), Physical Jirachi, Dusknoir, Gyarados & Swampert. Do you think Blissey could kill any of those?

Going to have to agree with SDS on this. The set onsite is superior to this and is nearly identical to the set you have posted. This alone is enough for it not to warrant a place on site but there's also the other points the above posters mentioned as well. Sorry.

QC REJECTED (2/3)
Sorry Megan, I have to say I disagree with you. It is true that some moves are similar, but the strategy around the set isn't. While the Smogon's set aims to set up Stealth Rock and paralyse the opponent (if lucky enough), this one guarantees you a paralysed opponent and has the potential to take down even the sturdiest Pokémon in 4 hits, while healing the damage.

Also, bear in mind that a 70% of the game (if not more) is about predicting your opponent. Would you predict this?

Not completely sold on Attract since it's considered a gimmick by the general competitive audience.

Also, what does Miltank have over its other naturally physically defensive friends, like Porygon2? We need to differentiate from the competition.

Also, I believe this belongs to Quality Control.
Can Porygon2 survive an Explosion from Metagross? Cause Miltank can, and, whille not as defensively versatile as the pink duck, she does a better job walling physical attackers and supports her team with Heal Bell. Also, does Porygon2 4HKO every opponent?

Even though I don't play OU, I don't think this set has much potential. Miltank has good HP and Defense stats, but only two resists with Thick Fat (Fire and Ice), and a weakness to Fighting, which is common in OU (or so I think). Also, many Pokemon tank better (Celebi, Heatran, Hippowdon, etc.), which means that Miltank is pretty outclassed. It does have an instant recovery move and Heal Bell, a combination shared by only a couple Pokemon. Unfortunately, I don't think that Miltank is OU material.

Besides, if it were, the Utility set is much better than this one. Sorry, but it's true...
A matter of opinion ^^. Although I'll refer to the facts, I have been trying this set for a long time and believe me, it works (As I said before, Miltank can take super effective hits, and even survive after a Metagross' Explosion, something I can't even imagine Celebi doing.

Can Porygon2 survive an Explosion from Metagross? Cause Miltank can, and, whille not as defensively versatile as the pink duck, she does a better job walling physical attackers and supports her team with Heal Bell. Also, does Porygon2 4HKO every opponent?
...No offense, but I don't think Miltank will have that much time to 4HKO something with all the Fighting-types running around. As well as many other heavy hitters in OU. Besides, 4HKOing everything isn't really an accomplishment...

A matter of opinion ^^. Although I'll refer to the facts, I have been trying this set for a long time and believe me, it works (As I said before, Miltank can take super effective hits, and even survive after a Metagross' Explosion, something I can't even imagine Celebi doing.
252 Attack Adamant Metagross Explosion vs 252/252 Impish Miltank: 108.9% - 128.2%

You might want to know what you're talking about before you make claims, not to mention that you like quadruple posted...

EDIT:
Not to mention that Miltank has absolutely nothing over Hippowdon except Heal Bell at the cost of taking hits a lot worse

EDIT 2:
lol, i seriously need to think and write down all my thoughts before posting.

Porygon2's ability is what helps him take hits from things like Heatran and Gyarados, something that Miltank can only dream of thinking. And lol wtf 4hko? That's impressive for something like Furret but otherwise it's just plain pathetic.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't say Porygon2 is rather offensively gifted if it's a countering utility like Blissey and Miltank are. However, Porygon2 is rather quick at getting rid of the opponents he needs to instead of trying to play mind games between..."Hmmm...I am currently at 56% health right now...should I Drink or should I Seismic Toss and take more damage?" Porygon2 can find himself in a similar situation less frequently because of the fact that he relies on stellar coverage to immediately get rid of Gyarados and Dragonite and Flygon instead of trying to play masochist while Tossing.

Trace and naturally low speed suit this guy well as well.

As for Metagross, Miltank surviving it IS a big plus, I'll admit. But it's less likely Metagross will suicide itself when you're basically taking hits everywhere. Convenient, but a tad essential.

Okay, this set is really bad for numerous reasons that my colleagues before me have posted and I agree with. I can't see any QC member possibly supporting this, so I am going to send this on its way.

Please, for the love of all that is good in the world, test your sets before you post them. I recognize that you claimed to have tested this, but trust me, you haven't actually tested it. Winning 5 battles on the bottom of the ladder against players who weren't prepared for the Pokemon that would've been better used in your Miltank's slot does not count as thoroughly testing a set.

Moved to L&O.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)