Mew

well many say stalltwo is natt set up bait. since when ? oh since nattrei can learn OMFG inb4magiccoatthatlast999999999turnandremainonotherpokelolol In fact stall two is THE ultimate stallbreaker and all around bastard. Mew is mini version but have 1 perk. Synchronize. You think this sucks huh ? think again. This allow him to practicaly hinder things like magic mirror xatu. Stalltwo can only pp stall and screen but mew can burn or even worse toxic and para magic mirror user and something who want to cripple it and paired with bliss(seeing how good they cover each other) you practicaly have crazy combination.

Taunt risk mirror user but seeing how i dont usualy lead with mew(although leading with it means im going to wreak havoc since the beginning of the match lol) tahts sometime not hinder me a lot. Also stallmew is better on stall tbh since it cover too many threats

HAS THE DNA OF ALL POKEMON - even bigger reason gamefreak only give synchronize as ability

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Mew @ Leftovers
Synchronize: Timid
252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Defense
Will-o-Wisp
Light Screen
Softboiled
Taunt

I like it. =3
I also like it. Given the Team Preview you can guess your opponents immediate switch in pretty accurately, be it Scizor or Sazandora or something and fuck with its offense appropriately. Functions pretty well against both stall and offense, although the lack of an attacking move can get pretty frustrating at times.

Attract. Mew. SRS BSNSS GAIZ.

Seriously though, I find Bulk Up Mew to be really effective. People seem to think that their Scizor can OHKO it after a Bulk Up. Keeping in mind I run 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe Adamant, U-Turn doesn't even reliably 2HKO.

Mew@Leftovers (alternatively Lum Berry, status really hurts)
Synchronize | Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~Bulk Up
~Shadow Claw
~Drain Punch
~Zen Headbutt

Note that this set has some issues with bulky Waters, particularly Gastrodon, who can come in on your +1 Drain Punch pretty easily and threaten a burn. However, at +2 and higher it needs to be careful. Alternatively, switch a move out for Taunt or some other set-up move, but you'll have to sacrifice either coverage or STAB.

If a burn misses, the above is a pain. Dragon tail also takes it out, so I'd add the following:

Mew@Leftovers
Synchronize | Adamant
252 Atk / 252 SD / 4 Spe
~Bulk Up
~Shadow Claw
~Drain Punch
~Substitute

Fighting + Shadow Claw already provides great coverage, which is not added to by Psychic. Substitute solves your status problem and allows you to keep leftovers, while also blocking leech seed etc. 252 SD means that you take less from special attacks, since you'll get enough bulk ups anyway.

A set I liked when I ran it was RP Mew. Just come in, get a Rock Polish off and clean a weakened team.

Mew @ Life Orb
Synchronize
Timid 4/0/0/252/0/252
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse / Psychic / Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse / Psychic / etc.
- Rock Polish

This set takes advantage of players automatically assuming Rock Polish = Baton Passer. Aura Sphere and Ice Beam are really the best since they hit the biggest threats in the metagame (such as Darkrai, Skymin, and Dory) for enough to KO (although Rai will need SR and a turn of Sand or LO for a guaranteed kill). The best combinations would probably be Aura Sphere + Dark Pulse + Flamethrower or Aura Sphere + Ice Beam + Thunderbolt. Oh, and Psychic > Psycho Shock on any non-boosting set.

A set I liked when I ran it was RP Mew. Just come in, get a Rock Polish off and clean a weakened team.

Mew @ Life Orb
Synchronize
Timid 4/0/0/252/0/252
- Aura Sphere
- Rock Polish

This set takes advantage of players automatically assuming Rock Polish = Baton Passer. Aura Sphere and Ice Beam are really the best since they hit the biggest threats in the metagame (such as Darkrai, Skymin, and Dory) for enough to KO (although Rai will need SR and a turn of Sand or LO for a guaranteed kill). The best combinations would probably be Aura Sphere + Dark Pulse + Flamethrower or Aura Sphere + Ice Beam + Thunderbolt. Oh, and Psychic > Psycho Shock on any non-boosting set.
You are aware that Mew learns Shadow Ball, and that Ghost+Fighting has perfect unresisted coverage over Dark+Fighting, right? This means you can run Psychic for STAB instead of Flamethrower, as because this is a cleaner their steel should be weak enough to KO with Aura Sphere.

If you read the post more carefully you can see that I have Shadow Ball slashed in the set. The thing is that both pokes who resist the combination are weak to Fire (seeing as Toxicroak has Dry Skin and all), so if those two are covered then Dark Pulse is better because their aren't any immunities to it and that chance of a flinch comes in handy way more often. Although, now that I think about it Terakion in the Sand poses enough of a threat that Shadow Ball is probably better.

Also Psychic really shouldn't be run as Aura Sphere only does 37.3 - 44.3 % to 248 HP Scizor, which just says "Hey Scizor, come in and U-turn my ass k thnx."

Since mew is really just give it random shit and watch opponent go "wtf do i do to this thing I have no idea what it's running!"
Elemental Wallbreaker:

Mew @Expertbelt/LO
Naive, 252 sp atk, 252 spd, 4 atk

Flamethrower/Aura Sphere
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot/Nasty plot/Rock polish/psychic
Superpower/Psycho shock

Also note that Fighting + Electric hits both skarm bliss and natty pringles SE.

Mew @ Life Orb
Synchronize
Timid 4/0/0/252/0/252
- Aura Sphere
- Rock Polish

The Only Problem is...Genosect bug runs this set infinitely better when/if you're allowed to play it. It is only marginally slower by 1 spd point but way better SAtk and Download. Plus has a better typing. The only way to not let Mew be replaced is to actually do something others can't do or Mew does better (especially with surprise).

My favorite Mew sets on this thread are Nasty Plot and Stall Mew with Light Screen/Will-O-Wisp/Roost/Taunt. Nasty Plot Mew is a threatening sweeper that is far bulkier than one expects and after a Nasty Plot boost or two, the opponent is screwed and Stall Mew is insanely bulky and hard to kill and makes your team able to take moves easier (You can run an Inconsistent Pokemon as a team mate thanks to Taunt, and being bulky and other set up sweepers).

The advantage of Mew over Azelf as a Nasty Plot Sweeper is that Mew is a heck of a lot bulkier and can run Roost to restore itself or Baton Pass in case it's needed and that it has an unbelieveable movepool that could be troublesome if the opponent has no idea since Mew is capable on the defense and other spectrum sides. Also, Voltlos and Tornelos take a risk (unboosted Icebeam has a 1 in 3 chance of koing without a boost) as do a lot of other common Mischievious Hearters that aren't Sableye.

On hardcore stall:
Mew @Leftovers
252HP/252Sdef or Def, Nature depends on EVs
~Gravity
~Roar
~Roost
~U-turn

Dump down all layers of entry hazards, make sure there's no CBTar or whatnot, set Gravity up and spam Roar.

Its betetr to use STallmew on hard stall.
Not only it cover too much threats with his move choice it make cushioning hits easier.
The extra damage from burn help too

The Only Problem is...Genosect bug runs this set infinitely better when/if you're allowed to play it. It is only marginally slower by 1 spd point but way better SAtk and Download. Plus has a better typing. The only way to not let Mew be replaced is to actually do something others can't do or Mew does better (especially with surprise).
Very true. I actually tried this set because I was tired of waiting for Genosect to be released.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like the idea of Mew being in OU now. I can get him to do basically anything I want and I've seen plenty of cool sets utilizing his versatility already. IIRC Loco used NP Mew in a Battle of the Week match and just swept the shit out of the other guy. I need to try that set.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I like the idea of Mew being in OU now. I can get him to do basically anything I want and I've seen plenty of cool sets utilizing his versatility already. IIRC Loco used NP Mew in a Battle of the Week match and just swept the shit out of the other guy. I need to try that set.
IIRC it was 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with Nasty Plot / Psycho Shock / Flamethrower / Aura Sphere

Here's the video (Great battle):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1lcdkBpFBQ

The battle was somewhat boaring and weird imo.It was like "I sweep you,You sweep me lulz".But anyway the set is pretty cool.Stall has a hard time doing anything to it and it also has good coverage with those moves.Mew just has that amazing versatility which makes it such a great poke.

Ummm... mew can easily sweep with Nasty Plot in OU. It has recover... And Tons of Bulk... and Amazing Coverage...and good Speed. Yeah. Its good. Its like Manaphy...But better...It can also Baton pass out to another poke when cornered. thats scary...
I think Mew is just better the whole way around. You can change its moveset to fit any type of team! It's amazing!

You'll remember my Bulk Up Mew from before.

Just a couple of stats:

Mew (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Shadow Claw vs Shandera (0/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 79.6-94.2% (208-246 HP) A guaranteed OHKO after SR! And this is with NEUTRAL nature.

But Supreme Dirt! Shandera just comes in and revenges with Shadow Tag and Shadow Ball, and now you're down a Mew!

Shandera (252 EVs, +Nature) Shadow Ball vs Mew (0/252 EVs, Neutral Nature): 72.1-85% (246-290 HP)

So long as you have 291 HP remaining, the only way Shandera can kill Mew is with a crit. And remember you probably have a sub up anyways.

You can actually drop Attack investment to as low as 176 EVs and still have the OHKO. You may not want to, because this isn't just a "beat Shandera set", AND you need at least +1 to do so.

If you invest the 80 EVs you save in HP, you get
Shandera (252 EVs, +Nature) Shadow Ball vs Mew (80/252 EVs, Neutral Nature): 68.1-80.3% (246-290 HP). You may, alternatively, want to invest just enough for the leftovers number.

So my final set for my Bulk Up Mew is thus:

Mew@Leftovers
Synchronize | Adamant
44 HP / 176 Atk / 32 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
~Bulk Up
~Drain Punch
~Shadow Claw
~Substitute / Fire Punch / Zen Headbutt

Nattorei is basically set-up fodder after one or two bulk ups. Also...

Mew (176 EVs, +Nature, +2) Drain Punch vs Nattorei (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 47.7-56.2% (168-198 HP)

And that's with MAX defenses, which Nattorei never runs. Also, with a Sub up, Nattorei cannot Seed you and can either try to set up Spikes on you, or attack. You can optionally run Fire Punch, but status can seriously hinder Mew.

Skarmory is more problematic. He can whirlwind you out, and you're basically set-up fodder. Even with Fire Punch, at +2 you don't even 2HKO. This Mew is best paired with something that can beat Skarmory easily, such as Magnezone, Zapdos, or Borutorosu.

With +1 and Stealth Rock, you can 2HKO Blissey. If you can make them think you're not running a fighting move, and they switch in on a Shadow Claw, you have them right where you want them.

I'm very excited about an OU mew as well. In ubers most 670 bst ubers will outclass it so it ends up in a pretty niche lead/support poke, but in ou it has a lot more options and can actually utilize all the sets it has.

NP mew probably won't be as good as tail glow manaphy for sweeping. isn't tail glow +3 in gen 5? and mono water is a better typing than psychic.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
All of you guys are certain Mew is OU material. Do not forget that Baton Pass broke him gen 4. It remains to be seen if it breaks him in this gen too.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait, Mew is allowed in standard now right? Why don't I recall seeing any??? Or maybe there were one or two . . . I can't really remember . . . anyway, they are around, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)