XY OU Mew is the Real Boss (peaked 1926(edited 10/11/14))

Hello!I am A13X and I'm gonna show you my latest OU team,which worked out pretty well.I really wanted to do a solid team around Stallbreaker Mew,one of the bests mons in the metagame and also one of my favourites,and here is the result:

TEAM PREVIEW

TEAM IN DEPTH

Michoza (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Modest Nature
-Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Mega Venusaur is the mega I decided to start the team with since it stops some big threats like Keldeo,the annoying Sash Loom or Azumarill.I opted for the offensive version with HP Fire>EQ since it allows me to hit Skarmory and other steel types, most importantly Mega Scizor/Scizor and Bisharp,which otherwise would wall Mega Venu and setup infront of it if they carry SD, at the cost of being walled by Heatran,which 100% counters this set.252+ Sp Atk EVs hits so hard while 48 Speed EVs allows me to outspeed Crocune and most CB/Mega Scizors U-turning out or trying to setup.Also outspeeding other Mega Venusaurs is nice because at ~60% I can 2HKO opposing Mega Venusaurs with a predicted Sludge Bomb.Although Rain/Sand is annoying as hell when using Mega Venu since it limits its recovery to 25% only, Giga Drain actually 2HKOs most Sand/Rain Inducers/Abusers, which kind of compensates that.Venusaur is also my main check to rain teams(along with Azumarill),Thundurus(lacking HP Flying/Psychic),Rotom-W,Ferrothorn,Gliscor,Mega Man,Sylveon,Magnezone and Quagsire.I really like the power and the bulk it has,defenitely a very solid mon.

#RealFV13VIIINacio (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

- Superpower

I have always used banded Azumarill.I just love the power it has.Not only that,with a great defensive typing I can check a lot of mons like Conkeldurr,Landorus forms,Heatran,some Zard X,etc,not only that, it can lure some of its best checks like Empoleon,Magnezone or Ferrothorn and OHKO/2HKO them.The power that band brings to Azumarill is really appreciated,an example of it is being able to 2HKO max def Clefable is huge.Banded Aqua Jet is incredibly powerfull doing a lot to frail pokemons like Thundurus,Gengar,Terrakion,Mamoswine,(it even OHKOs Excadrill)etc Azumarill is also my second anser to Keldeo,but I dislike switching it into Scalds,so I won't do it unless it's necessary or I predict an Icy Wind.It is also my answer to regular Gyarados/Mega Gyarados(combined with Landorus-T's intimidate).I run 108 speed to outspeed other CB Azumarills(not all obviously),CM,Clefable,some Ttars and Chansey/Blissey.

FV ma boi (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

I really love Choice Scarf Heatran and the surprise factor it gives to the team.Everybody expects Scarf Landorus-T and Sp Def Heatran(from team preview).Sometimes I lie to my opponent and I make him think I'm not Scarf(I can't lie I rocks are up and I double switch xD).I choose Overheat over Fire Blast because with that extra 20 damage it OHKOs Mega Medicham,Landorus and Thundurs(after rocks),Zard Y with a bit of prior damage,2HKOs Sp Def Talonflame.I choose Ancient Power>Stone Edge for mainly one reason:Not being swept by Bulp Talonflame,since if it gets a +1 Def against let's say Mega Venu it's GG since 0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 212-252 (59 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.Ancient Power is more reliable.Flash Cannon hits fairies and Earth Power is mainly for other Heatrans or when I'm afraid of missing an Overheat against Magnezone or Bisharp lol I would like to have HP Ice on it to hit Garchomp or or HP Grass for Slowbro,but I prefer not being walled by opposing Heatrans.Also Heatran is really usefull when coming into HP Grass/Ice Beam/Extrasensory from Greninja,then OHKOing back or predicting the switch.

Tristana (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 104 SpD / 156 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

The MVP of the team,the reason I wanted to build something new:Mew.I just love how slowly, but constantly, breaks stall.It also does great against balanced and offensive teams.WoW+Taunt+Softboiled is just a deadly combination on a mon.I run 156 speed to speed creep other Stall Breaker Mews(otherwise they would outspeed and taunt me)so I can Taunt+Knock Off them till they die(i prefer not to WoW them because of annoying Sincrony) , if not,Mew would probably 6-0 my team.Mew is my check to Mega Medicham as it 3HKOs me.Sub Drain Punch versions are a bit annoying,but handleble, too.I don't really have had problems with Mega Medi as I killed them mostly with Heatran's Overheat.Knock Off helps with Latios(I have to be carefull with Trick variants)and Heatran,also removing Keldeo's Specs is really usefull.When using Mew,I always worry about Sub Set Up Mons like SubSD Terrakion,Jolly SubDD Mega Gyarados/Regular SubDD Gyara,etc.For me,one of the bests pokemons in the tier.

Misinube (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-T is my Stealth Rocker and check to pretty much every physicall attacker in the tier.He checks Sand Rush very nicely,which my would struggle against it without him.EdgeQuake gives him very nice coverage,while U-turn gives very appreciated momentum to the team.It is also my main check(along with Azumarill)to DD Zard X.Intimidate is really usefull when stopping DD users like M Gyara o Dnite and U-Turn out to Azumarill/Mega Venu/Mew and kill them.When I need it,I can pretend that I'm scarf to get advantage of that and set up rocks,which always have worked fot me.I run 240 HP EVs so I have a leftovers numbers,plus this way I can invest 20 EVs in Speed, to outspeed some defensive Lando-Ts and set up rocks which was very usefull in some battles.This way I also make sure I outspeed defensive Rotom-W,but sometimes is better to not take risks when I have 3 checks/counters.

RealHyoga13 (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latias is my deffoger.I decided that the bulky set with roost would the better,since I don't need coverage for anything(well,hp fighting would actually be so good,but I prefer the recovery over a move that only hits a mon).LO Draco Meteor hits so hard,and it's really usefull to OHKO things like Mega Medicham or Mega Pinsir.Psyshock is mainly for Keldeo,Mega Venusaur and fighting types.She is my 3rd check to Keldeo whick is pretty good to have 3 chekcs in one team.She can also risk a tie with Gengar(which is a huge threat) and OHKO with Psyshock(she can take 1 Shadow Ball,but it really hearts).Also is my main way to kill Kyurem-B,another huge threat to this team.Nothing much to say about this mon,it has some bulk,a lot of power and good speed.

THREAT LIST

This thing can OHKO/2HKO everything on my team.LO Roost and Sub variants are the most dangerous,also Scarf versions can give me problems.Latias can switch in on an Ice Beam/Sub,take the hit/break the sub and OHKO him,Azumarill can take 1 Fusion Bolt,but they need a lot of health.Heatran can get a surprise kill with Flash Cannon while he subs.Keeping rocks up is more impoortant than ever when facing it.

SD Bisharp is the only set that terrifies my team,If it manages to set up an SD he is going to to kill 1-4 pokemon(depending on his spread(Sp Def SD variants are SO annoying)and the time he sets up).A really big threat.Normal LO/BG Bisharp also is a big threat,but manageable.

CB Talonflame and Sp Def/Bulk Up Talonflame gives me a lot of trouble.Thanks god this mon is four times week to rocks.I must keep my Landorus/Heatran(or boath) alive to deal with it.SD versions are not that scary.

If it's Hyper Cutter it 2HKOs everything on my team,this is a monster lol.Again,tocks are more important than ever,with Cube,the 2 biggest threat this team has.

Mega Gardevoir is a very big threat,Azumarill+Heatran+Good prediction handles it (Aqua jet does a lot).But still a big threat lol

I can wisp with Mew,but Endeavour versions are so annoying.Also,it does a lot to every pokmemon.Jolly LO versions are the worst for this team to face.

Sub DD Jolly regular Gyarados can give me a lot of trouble if it comes out into -2 Heatran.

It shouldn't give me so much trouble now that I changed Mega Venusaur Speed,but I have to watch out for this thing,it's so powerfull lol Thanks to Dokkerich for notising it

HP Grass Extrasensory Greninja can be a big threat late game,with a bit of prediction,Heatran can get a kill it.Also Azumarill and Latias can take a hit and OHKO back.It never have given me so much problems,but if Real FV13 says it's a threat,it mean that it is a threat.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-166418646 ---> Against Rain Offense+Cube

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-166795175 --->Another team with Cube

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-166983671 --->Banded Azumarill puts a lot of work

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-167080103 --->Against SubFlail Mega Pinsir

PEAK PROOF

IMPORTABLE:

Michoza (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

FV ma boi (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

#RealFV13VIIINacio (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Tristana (Mew) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 104 SpD / 156 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

Misinube (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

RealHyoga13 (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

SHOTOUTS

Real FV13 :He is the Real MVP of the team
Er Filethe , ImSNT, NocturOP, Shockblade Kongou, Misicloud thank you for testing this team and giving advice about the sets :]

Last edited:
A really good semi-balanced (it is a bit more offensive) team, which could be used as an excellent example of what balance looks like on the upper part of the ladder. It is simple, effective and can slowly break through stall, one of the hardest match-ups imo. At a glance there no serious weaknesses and a lot of key threats can be played around with the resistances of the F/W/G core plus the defensive capabilities of your defensive duo. So...good job man! The replays also show that you know what you are doing while using this team. I'm sorry for not giving any actual advice, but I've only recently started playing again so I'll leave the rating to the more experienced ones.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! This is actually a really good team, and there's not much I can say on it. Keep Stone Edge on Landorus, since it will help against Bulk Up TFlame much more than rock slide. Also, there's a lot of grammatical errors if you care about that, but as far as the team goes, I approve of it. It's very powerful and makes use of large threats to the OU metagame. Good job.

Hey there! This is actually a really good team, and there's not much I can say on it. Keep Stone Edge on Landorus, since it will help against Bulk Up TFlame much more than rock slide. Also, there's a lot of grammatical errors if you care about that, but as far as the team goes, I approve of it. It's very powerful and makes use of large threats to the OU metagame. Good job.
Ah thank you, I will make some calcs to decide which is the better option.

Btw,i should have adviced that English is not my main language, so there are grammar errors :/(lol,now that I read it again,stupid errors,my fault >.<)

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hey, your team looks like it covers most threats fairly well and deals with most of the metagame so I only have a few minor things to suggest.

First of all, since your Venusaur runs Hidden Power [Fire], you need 60 Speed EVs instead of 56 to make up for the IV drop. Your current spread simply speed ties with Adamant Crawdaunt, which obviously isn't advisable. For that reason I would suggest changing the spread to 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe with a Modest nature, giving you enough speed to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt. 4 EVs were moved in Defense to give you 349 HP instead of 350, this minimizing residual damage caused by entry hazards and sand. Furthermore, I would urge you to at least give Assault Vest Azumarill a try. While Choice Band Azumarill is extremely powerful, being locked into Superpower or Waterfall against an opposing Gyarados is really not something your team wants to deal with. Most threats taken out by Choice Band Aqua Jet are also dealt with fairly well by the other members of your team (Heatran/Venusaur handle Thundurus, Landorus-T handles Excadrill, etc) and being able to switch moves is incredibly important against Pokemon such as Lead Terrakion, Garchomp and Mamoswine, all 3 of which have become increasingly common. While Landorus-T can deal with the first two decently, it takes quite a bit of damage in the process and is incapable of dealing with Mamoswine at all. Using Assault Vest means you can just 2HKO these leads with a combination of Waterfall/Play Rough + Aqua Jet instead of being forced to lock yourself into Aqua Jet or even Waterfall. If you feel like you miss the extra power of Choice Band, then I would use a spread of 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe, allowing you to 2HKO Skarmory with Waterfall on the switch before it can Roost off the damage. Finally, I'd suggest giving your Mew a little bit extra speed to not only deal with other Mew better (who seems really annoying to your team), but also outspeed Adamant Excadrill outside of sand instead of being forced into a speed tie. You still get to keep your jump point in Special Defense with 8 less EVs, so this seems like a good tradeoff.

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 SpD / 164 Spe
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled​

Nice team bro' i like this team a lot(nice color too)
Ps: why not AV azu?
hey ^^

AV Azumarill is nice in this team,too.It's just personal preference I suppose.With AV Azumarill I can better take on Mega Gardevoir or Lando while also being able to switch move,but I lose the huge power that CB Azumarill has and the ability to break through SkarmChans cores with the new speed investment(Mew can also do it,but Sp Def Gliscor kind of counters stallbreaker Mew,and Gliscor is in a lot stall teams).I can also lure Ferrothorn or Empoleon,but the most important thing is that CB Azumarill prevents regular Gyara from setting up(-Play Rough from AV Azumarill does like ~45%).You win some,you lose some,but I'm gonna definitely try Latios>Latias and AV Azumarill>CB Azumarill to see how it works,thanks bro.

EDIT:I changed Azumarill's speed to 188,Mew's speed to 160 and M Venu's speed to 60 as Unbirthday said.Also I changed Ancient Power to HP Rock on Heatran since Sp Def Talonflame can stall out my ancient power in some scenarios.Im considering the changes w2s said above,and also Latios>Latias.Thats all for now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)