Project Metagame Workshop

Most formats don't get that kind of support, specially right away, for BH and stabmon is there and was easy to implement, but even simple stuff isnt usually available, Alphabet Cup has been a format for years, and it doesn't have that kind of help, so people need to look up the moves they want, but searching by name is a lot easier anyway.

We have more than enough variants of gaining movepool, outside of sketch, conv, stab and bh, there is also Inheritance, Alphabet Cup, Cross Evolution and Force of the Fallen, some just change legalities, some come with restrictions on how you get them, some come with a few more mechanics, I think something really impressive would be needed for me to want to add another format to the category, and "you gain access to x moves" isn't distinct enough from what we have.
The list of moves you gain access to may impact what kind of sets you would be using, but it doesn't change the appeal of the format, as at its core is still not that different from the others when you look at them from the outside.
My apologies. I wasn't aware that the teambuilder feature wasn't universal. Nevertheless, I will still argue that for a player who's played one or two pokemon games before, they should have a rough idea of the best TMs since they would have shed it in their playthrough. I would say most people know that tbolt, ice beam, uturn, volt switch, scald and a bunch of other common moves are TMs. It's not important to know that Flatter or Dragon Cheer exists since you'll hardly ever use them.

As for your second point regarding, I'll definitely take this feedback to heart. I will come up and implement an additional mechanic which will increase the appeal and uniqueness for this OM. It may take a while however. In the meantime, would you be so kind as to provide some potential examples of how this OM idea can be developed further? I would appreciate your ideas and experience regarding the conception of OM ideas. I like to take inspiration wherever I can.

Frostbite OU
Metagame premise
: add the frostbite status from Legends Arceus. Frostibitten Pokemon take 1/16 of max HP at the end of turn. Special attack is halved. Ice types are inmune.
For programming simplicity, change snowscape's effect to freeze (frostbite) the enemy pokemon with 85% accuracy. Change Ice Body's effect to: "On contact, 30% to cause frostbite".

Potential bans and threats: Standard OU banlist. Potential Volcarona unban.

Questions for the community: Any other moves or abilities that should be changed?
Frostbite is cool, but I don"t think adding one status from one game warrants an entire metagame on the concept.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
As for your second point regarding, I'll definitely take this feedback to heart. I will come up and implement an additional mechanic which will increase the appeal and uniqueness for this OM. It may take a while however. In the meantime, would you be so kind as to provide some potential examples of how this OM idea can be developed further? I would appreciate your ideas and experience regarding the conception of OM ideas. I like to take inspiration wherever I can.
I don't think there is much that can be done with this concept, as just opening up tm/tutor legalities doesn't really line up with anything else, cross evolution involves a lot of stuff because it plays with the idea of evolution, that's a concept that can involve multiple things.
You also don't need to come up with something that has multiple rules as long as the one it has is unique and interesting enough, think of something new instead of trying to fix this one if you can't find something that can be added naturally to it.

Frostbite is cool, but I don"t think adding one status from one game warrants an entire metagame on the concept.
I understand. Maybe changing the way sleep (and even paralysis) work could justify creating the metagame? Sleep (or we could call it drowzy) would make you take 25% (or 33%) more damage for the following 1-3 turns. Paralysis could make you take 1/16 damage every turn and reduce your speed to 25% instead of the chance of not moving.
Could also change multiple moves and abilities, like Haze, Mist, Ice Body (as previously stated), Snow Cloak, Snow Warning or even random stuff like Pressure so we could see more pokemon make use of the new mechanics. Also maybe give Aurora Beam a 30% of inflicting frostbite.

I understand all of this wouldnt be a huge change with respect to regular OU but I think it can be significant enough plus people may enjoy seeing the frostbite effect in battle.

Last edited:
I understand. Maybe changing the way sleep (and even paralysis) work could justify creating the metagame? Sleep (or we could call it drowzy) would make you take 25% (or 33%) more damage for the following 1-3 turns. Paralysis could make you take 1/16 damage every turn and reduce your speed to 25% instead of the chance of not moving.
Could also change multiple moves and abilities, like Haze, Mist, Ice Body (as previously stated), Snow Cloak, Snow Warning or even random stuff like Pressure so we could see more pokemon make use of the new mechanics. Also maybe give Aurora Beam a 30% of inflicting frostbite.

I understand all of this wouldnt be a huge change with respect to regular OU but I think it can be significant enough plus people may enjoy seeing the frostbite effect in battle.
Arbitrary balancing changes like this would move into pet mod territory.

Why are so many people making OM suggestions that are just ”OU but I don’t like this one mechanic and want to change/remove it” all of a sudden?

Am I missing something?
I mean there's only so many things you can change about Pokemon, and most has already been done. We already changed items with things like Fortemons and SiC, we changed Abilities w things like AAA and SP, we changed moves with stuff like Stabmons and Sketchmons, stats with Godly Gift and Full Potential, typings with Camomons and Protean Palace, etcetcetc. What else is there to propose?

:kingdra: Targeters :kingdra:

Back in earlier generations, there was an OM referred to as First Blood. In this OM, it was first to get a kill wins, while being a 6v6 format. However, in this OM, your job is to kill a specific Pokemon chosen by the opposing player, and when that Pokemon is eliminated, the battle is over.

Rules:

Mechanic:
When a certain Pokemon, chosen by the opponent faints, you win the battle.
How this should work:
1707030628316.png

This metagame should work so that you can select Pokemon in different slots. The Pokemon in the sixth slot is the Pokemon that is targeted.
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Moves Clause, Terastal Clause
Banlist:
Banned Pokemon:
:calyrex-shadow:Calyrex-Shadow
:annihilape:Annihilape
:arceus-fire:Arceus(All Forms)
:baxcalibur:Baxcalibur
:calyrex-ice:Calyrex-Ice
:chien-pao:Chien-Pao
:chi-yu:Chi-Yu
:deoxys:Deoxys
:deoxys-attack:Deoxys-Attack
:dialga-origin:Dialga(Base+Origin)
:espathra:Espathra
:eternatus:Eternatus
:flutter mane:Flutter Mane
:giratina-origin:Giratina(Base+Origin)
:groudon:Groudon
:ho-oh:Ho-oh
:koraidon:Koraidon
:kyogre:Kyogre
:kyurem-black:Kyurem-B
:kyurem-white:Kyurem-W
:landorus:Landorus-I
:lugia:Lugia
:lunala:Lunala
:magearna:Magearna
:mewtwo:Mewtwo
:miraidon:Miraidon
:necrozma-dawn-wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
:necrozma-dusk-mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:palafin:Palafin
:palkia-origin:Palkia(Base+Origin)
:rayquaza:Rayquaza
:reshiram:Reshiram
:shaymin-sky:Shaymin-Sky
:solgaleo:Solgaleo
:spectrier:Spectrier
:terapagos-terastal:Terapagos
:ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Blood
:urshifu:Urshifu(Single+Rapid)
:zacian-crowned:Zacian(Base+Crown)
:zamazenta-crowned:Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom:Zekrom
Banned Moves:
:orthworm:Shed Tail
:basculin-white-striped:Last Respects
:smeargle:Baton Pass
:sneasler:Dire Claw
Banned Abilities:
:octillery:Moody
:gothitelle:Shadow Tag
:trapinch:Arena Trap
:palossand:Sand Veil
:froslass:Snow Cloak
Banned Items:
:politoed:King’s Rock
:weavile:Razor Fang

Strategy:

Increased Viability:

:blissey::toxapex::clefable: I expect stall to be quite good since it is quite easy to keep stall Pokemon alive.

Decreased Viability:
:ribombee::kingambit::gholdengo: I don't expect hyper offense to be that strong since it is tough to switch out when using a HO team.

Resources:

Playability:
This format isn’t currently playable.

Council:
:iron bundle: Gambit_Gamin (Leader)

Ban History: Nothing yet.

Questions for the Community:

Question:
Do you think that this OM will be too similar to First Blood?

Attachments

Back in earlier generations, there was an OM referred to as First Blood. In this OM, it was first to get a kill wins, while being a 6v6 format. However, in this OM, your job is to kill a specific Pokemon chosen by the opposing player, and when that Pokemon is eliminated, the battle is over.

Rules:

Mechanic:
How this should work:
View attachment 600717
This metagame should work so that you can select Pokemon in different slots. The Pokemon in the sixth slot is the Pokemon that is targeted.
Banlist:
Banned Pokemon:
Banned Moves:
Banned Abilities:
Banned Items:

Strategy:

Increased Viability:

:blissey::toxapex::clefable: I expect stall to be quite good since it is quite easy to keep stall Pokemon alive.

Decreased Viability:
:ribombee::kingambit::gholdengo: I don't expect hyper offense to be that strong since it is tough to switch out when using a HO team.

Resources:

Playability:

Council:

Question:
I don't think this metagame will be similar to first blood. Rather the problem is that it is just OU, and doesn't change much from the regular game. It only changes how you deal with sacs and that is it.

Rules:

Mechanic:
How this should work:
View attachment 600717
Banlist:
Banned Pokemon:
Banned Moves:
Banned Abilities:
Banned Items:

Strategy:

Increased Viability:

Decreased Viability:

Resources:

Playability:

Council:

Question:
I don't think HO drops that much in viability - everyone puts Kingambit in the 6th slot anyway (read: strongly tend to use Kingambit in the late-game only unless they must risk Kingambit to deal with Dragapult/Gholdengo/Pecharunt/etc.).

1707272537545.png

I have attached the full version of my OM idea below. If the above Abstract has caught your interest, you may find more information in the pdf. I have also provided pictures of the pdf in case you think I'm trying to hack into your computer with a virus.

Page1.png
Page2.png
Page3.png
Page4.png

Page5.png

Page6.png

Page7.png

Page8.png

Page9.png
Page10.png

Page11.png

Page12.png
Page13.png

Attachments

Last edited:
This kinda combines Frantic Fusions (Ability and stats) and Convergence (Spirit has to be same type as vessel), which I like but I'm not too sure how the mods feel about that. Also, new code added to teambuilder I don't think is acceptable. Also, to answer your questions...

1. Nope, I'm fine with doubles formats.
2. Nope, I'm okay with OMs that fuse mons, not too sure if my opinion will be popular on this question though.
3. I don't think epic cutscenes are necessary.
4. The concept should probably remove the "like final bosses in other video games" cause it just feels like extra, unneeded text.

View attachment 601912

I have attached the full version of my OM idea below. If the above Abstract has caught your interest, you may find more information in the pdf. I have also provided pictures of the pdf in case you think I'm trying to hack into your computer with a virus.

Don't call those augmentations "Gigantamax" - that's already taken.

I hope it's not already taken but Pokémon get the Stats of the Pokémon Up to him in the team, the Pokémon at the Top get the stats of the pokemon at the bottom I call it Stats Share but the name is probably taken

By Exemple let's just say the team is

Slot 1 : Slakoth

Slot 2 : Spritzee

Slot 3 : Sprigatito

Slot 4 : Mewtwo

Slot 5 : Rayquaza

Slot 6 : Mew

Spritzee get the stats of Slakoth

Sprigatito get the stats of Spritzee

Mewtwo get the stats of Sprigatito

Rayquaza get the stats of Mewtwo

Mew get the stats of Rayquaza

Slakoth get the stats of Mew

I hope it's not already taken but Pokémon get the Stats of the Pokémon Up to him in the team, the Pokémon at the Top get the stats of the pokemon at the bottom I call it Stats Share but the name is probably taken

imo it is a cool idea, but it seems too similiar to inheritance(basically is inheritance but you can inherit the typing+team building restrictions)

I want to say this has already been a previously thought of idea, but I can't be sure of that. Sounds very cool, but you'll definitely want to ban Huge Power, cause an Azumarill with Dragapult stats seems really busted lol
imo it is a cool idea, but it seems too similiar to inheritance(basically is inheritance but you can inherit the typing+team building restrictions)
I want to also say that it is a bit different. Rather than inheriting the stats of, lets say, Dragapult, you also are forced to have it on your team, whether you like it or not.

Mega and Mega
:heracross-mega: :gallade-mega: :sharpedo-mega: :slowbro-mega: :pinsir-mega: :garchomp-mega: :tyranitar-mega:
Premise:
Pokemon can mega evolve twice, with the nickname and item slot both allowing for mega evolution, and the trainer can choose which mega evolution happens first, allowing for abilities to be picked out.

Logistics:
  • You may only mega evolve once per turn.
  • If both the item and nickname are the same, you gain double the stats in a single turn.
  • If you have a mega stone in the item slot or nickname slot and some other nickname or item you will still be able to mega evolve.
  • If you decided to run both orbs, the nickname slot would be prioritized after the item slot, meaning you get the ability of the nickname stone. Both weathers would be set up, but the orb in the nickname slot would be applied second, meaning its weather would be used.
  • Running both rusted items gives a free bulk up once a game.
Bans:
  • Terastal legalized because why wouldnt you take a 200 bst boost
  • Standard Mix and Mega bans and restrictions
  • Extreme speed and weather ball abusers gaining power should be watched carefully.
  • Diancite can lead to some frightening glass cannons when added on to other boosts or doubled into.
Questions:
  • How would embody aspect with the ogerpon masks work?
  • Would it be fair to allow certain legendaries to mega evolve (only once) given the tier power level?

Mega and Mega
:heracross-mega: :gallade-mega: :sharpedo-mega: :slowbro-mega: :pinsir-mega: :garchomp-mega: :tyranitar-mega:
Premise:
Pokemon can mega evolve twice, with the nickname and item slot both allowing for mega evolution, and the trainer can choose which mega evolution happens first, allowing for abilities to be picked out.

Logistics:
  • If both the item and nickname are the same, you gain double the stats in a single turn.
  • If you have a mega stone in the item slot or nickname slot and some other nickname or item you will still be able to mega evolve.
  • If you decided to run both orbs, the nickname slot would be prioritized after the item slot, meaning you get the ability of the nickname stone. Both weathers would be set up, but the orb in the nickname slot would be applied second, meaning its weather would be used.
Bans:
  • Extreme speed and weather ball abusers gaining power should be watched carefully.
  • Diancite can lead to some frightening glass cannons when added on to other boosts or doubled into.
Questions:
  • Would it be fair to allow certain legendaries to mega evolve (only once) given the tier power level?
Did Game Freak ever fix the overflow bug that made Eternamax virtually invincible on one side of the spectrum? Because Regice can easily get to 255 base special defense with two mega stones, and a lot of mons can get to 255 base defense.

Also, the ability to mega evolve twice in the same turn if you use the same meta stone seems overpowered.

Did Game Freak ever fix the overflow bug that made Eternamax virtually invincible on one side of the spectrum? Because Regice can easily get to 255 base special defense with two mega stones, and a lot of mons can get to 255 base defense.

Also, the ability to mega evolve twice in the same turn if you use the same meta stone seems overpowered.
I doubt a fusion of Reevo and Mix and Mega would be accepted, since its a fusion.

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Mega and Mega
Premise:

Logistics:
Bans:
Questions:
Variants of already existing formats are a No.
We don't need formats competing with themselves.

The team slot part makes it kinda fine, but is still another variant of Inheritance, which we already have enough of.

Commander

2-Line Premise
Commander is a Doubles OM based on Tatsugiri and Dondozo's unique interaction in gen 9. Your right mon acts like Dondozo while your left acts like Tatsugiri, granting the right mon additional Type, Moves, Ability and half of its base stats. Every pokemon may only act as a Commander once per game.

Introduction
Welcome to Commander, a Doubles OM based on the brand-new Ability introduced in Gen 9 of the same name. In this OM, your pokemon on the left side acts as a "Ship" while your right acts as the "Commander". The Commander will fuse and empower the Ship, creating a fusion mon called the "Craft". This process grants the Ship the following attributes from the Commander: its primary type, Ability, Moves and half of its base stats except HP. When the Craft dies, only the Ship will die. The Commander will return to its original right position. It is important to note that each mon in your party may only fuse once per game. When you replace your dead Ship with another, your now "Ex-Commander" will no longer be able to fuse with it or with other mons for the rest of the game, regardless if you switch it out and back in on any position.

Ruleset
  • Doubles OU Banlist
  • Transform
  • Imposter
Clauses
  • Doubles OU Clauses
  • Invincible Commander Mod: When a Commander is fused into a Craft, it cannot be damaged or die

Strategy
This OM is a unique mix of Singles and Doubles. When the battle begins, both players' mons are forced to fuse into Crafts. However, as the battle progresses and Crafts die, more "Ex-Commanders", which can no longer fuse, are produced. This means that the battle will switch from a 1v1, 2v1 and 2v2 throughout the game. Unlike other fusion-based OMs, this OM is unique in that fusions occur dynamically within the game. It is more similar to the other Doubles OM, Partners in Crime rather than Frantic Fusion or Cross-Evolution in that regard. In terms of actual strategy, I think teambuilding will be very interesting. If your mons are good as Commander or Ship, you can have a flexible team which can adapt to a lot of matchups. On the other hand, some mons might be incredible only as a Ship or a Commander which means you have to plan to "position" them correctly. E.g You can use Slaking/Regigigas with a Skill Swap mon, but you have to play into getting them in the Ship position or you're wasting a lot of stats, pass on the mediocre Normal type and is a poor stand-alone mon. Conversely, an example of a flexible mon is Gholdengo. You can use Gholdengo as a Ship for its great typing while also as a Commander to grant another mon on your team the useful Steel type and Good as Gold. Furthermore, Gholdengo is a good stand-alone mon so if used as a Commander, even when the Craft dies you're still left with your Gholdengo.

QnA
  1. Will Crafts have 2 Abilities, 3 Types and 8 moves? Yes, but it may have less depending on how many common attributes are shared by the Commander and the Ship.
  2. What happens if the Ship and Commander share Ability, Type or Moves? Any common Ability, Type and Move do not stack.
  3. How does Skill Swap and Neutralising Gas work? Depends on the code. I think it should affect both Abilities though.
  4. What's the purpose of the "Invincible Commander Mod"? If you don't know, Tatsugiri in Dondozo's mouth can actually die to residual damage such as Poison, Sandstorm, Curse as well as Perish Song. This allows you to bring in a second mon in while Dondozo is still alive. This Mod aims to remove this interaction because it seems annoying to code around and unintuitive to me.
  5. What if I switch my fused Craft out? Just like in-game, a fused Dondozo and Tatsugiri cannot be switched out, intentionally or forcefully. This means that not only can you not switch your fused Craft out, but moves like Volt Switch, U-turn, Roar and Dragon Tail will also not force your Craft out.
  6. Why isn't the name of this OM "Azur Lane"? You're goddamned right.

Questions for the Community
  1. What are your thoughts on mons being able to fuse only once per game? I like it because it will lessen the 1v1 aspect and introduce more 2v1 and 2v2.
  2. What are some broken things you can think of?
  3. Why is the Slaking-Regigigas fusion objectively the best mon in the game?

Last edited:
Commander

Introduction & Premise
Welcome to Commander, a Doubles OM based on the brand-new Ability introduced in Gen 9 of the same name. In this OM, your pokemon on the right side acts as a "Ship" while your left acts as the "Commander". The Commander will fuse and empower the Ship, creating a fusion mon called the "Craft". This process grants the Ship the following attributes from the Commander: its primary type, Ability, Moves and half of its base stats. When the Craft dies, only the Ship will die. The Commander will return to its original left position. It is important to note that each mon in your party may only fuse once per game. When you replace your dead Ship with another, your now "Ex-Commander" will no longer be able to fuse with it or with other mons for the rest of the game, regardless if you switch it out and back in on any position.

Ruleset
  • Doubles OU Banlist
  • Transform
  • Imposter
Clauses
  • Doubles OU Clauses
  • Invincible Commander Mod: When a Commander is fused into a Craft, it cannot be damaged or die

Strategy
This OM is a unique mix of Singles and Doubles. When the battle begins, both players' mons are forced to fuse into Crafts. However, as the battle progresses and Crafts die, more "Ex-Commanders", which can no longer fuse, are produced. This means that the battle will switch from a 1v1, 2v1 and 2v2 throughout the game. Unlike other fusion-based OMs, this OM is unique in that fusions occur dynamically within the game. It is more similar to the other Doubles OM, Partners in Crime rather than Frantic Fusion or Cross-Evolution in that regard. In terms of actual strategy, I think teambuilding will be very interesting. If your mons are good as Commander or Ship, you can have a flexible team which can adapt to a lot of matchups. On the other hand, some mons might be incredible only as a Ship or a Commander which means you have to plan to "position" them correctly. E.g You can use Slaking/Regigigas with a Skill Swap mon, but you have to play into getting them in the Ship position or you're wasting a lot of stats, pass on the mediocre Normal type and is a poor stand-alone mon. Conversely, an example of a flexible mon is Gholdengo. You can use Gholdengo as a Ship for its great typing while also as a Commander to grant another mon on your team the useful Steel type and Good as Gold. Furthermore, Gholdengo is a good stand-alone mon so if used as a Commander, even when the Craft dies you're still left with your Gholdengo.

QnA
  1. Will Crafts have 2 Abilities, 3 Types and 8 moves? Yes, but it may have less depending on how many common attributes are shared by the Commander and the Ship.
  2. What happens if the Ship and Commander share Ability, Type or Moves? Any common Ability, Type and Move do not stack.
  3. How does Skill Swap and Neutralising Gas work? Depends on the code. I think it should affect both Abilities though.
  4. What's the purpose of the "Invincible Commander Mod"? If you don't know, Tatsugiri in Dondozo's mouth can actually die to residual damage such as Poison, Sandstorm, Curse as well as Perish Song. This allows you to bring in a second mon in while Dondozo is still alive. This Mod aims to remove this interaction because it seems annoying to code around and unintuitive to me.
  5. What if I switch my fused Craft out? Just like in-game, a fused Dondozo and Tatsugiri cannot be switched out, intentionally or forcefully. This means that not only can you not switch your fused Craft out, but moves like Volt Switch, U-turn, Roar and Dragon Tail will also not force your Craft out.

1. What are your thoughts on mons being able to fuse only once per game? I like it because it will lessen the 1v1 aspect and introduce more 2v1 and 2v2.
Do you mind giving an example?

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Commander

Introduction & Premise
Welcome to Commander, a Doubles OM based on the brand-new Ability introduced in Gen 9 of the same name. In this OM, your pokemon on the right side acts as a "Ship" while your left acts as the "Commander". The Commander will fuse and empower the Ship, creating a fusion mon called the "Craft". This process grants the Ship the following attributes from the Commander: its primary type, Ability, Moves and half of its base stats. When the Craft dies, only the Ship will die. The Commander will return to its original left position. It is important to note that each mon in your party may only fuse once per game. When you replace your dead Ship with another, your now "Ex-Commander" will no longer be able to fuse with it or with other mons for the rest of the game, regardless if you switch it out and back in on any position.

Ruleset
  • Doubles OU Banlist
  • Transform
  • Imposter
Clauses
  • Doubles OU Clauses

Strategy

QnA

Try to make premises no longer than two lines, so the idea stays simple.

Do you mind giving an example?
Alright I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. I'll use this random Doubles OU team I found: https://pokepast.es/e5f3ae87e75cd7f9.

Let's say you lead Arcanine on left as the "Dondozo", and Gothitelle on right as the "Tatsugiri". Your Gothitelle will fuse with your Arcanine so with the following updated attributes:
TypeFire/Psychic
AbilityIntimidate + Shadow Tag
Base Stats90/137/127/147/135/127
MovesFlamethrower/Wisp/Snarl/Protect + Fake Out/Heal Pulse/Psychic

Everything else stays the same based on the "Dondozo" mon Arcanine, like Nature, Tera Type and EVs. If you've played Dondozo-Tatsugiri in Doubles before it would be easier to explain but basically this OM just copies that mechanic except the fusion gets the aforementioned changes rather than the +2 omniboost and Order Up adjustment.

Ok let's say the Arcanine-Gothitelle fusion dies. Your Arcanine dies because it's the "Dondozo", but your Gothitelle returns to the right side of the field. This is similar to when you kill the boosted Dondozo in game, the Tatsugiri comes back on the field. Your Gothitelle has exhausted its one "fusion" so it cannot fuse with another pokemon for the rest of the game, either as a "Dondozo" or a "Tatsugiri". You replace your dead Arcanine with Chansey, on the left "Dondozo" position. Your Chansey will not fuse with the Gothitelle. Let's say you switch out the Gothitelle for Glimmora. Glimmora is in the right "Tatsugiri" position and have not fused this game, so it will fuse with the Chansey. When the Chansey dies, the Glimmora returns to the field again but cannot fuse again just like the Gothitelle. You send out Ting-Lu to replace the Chansey on the left side. Again Ting-Lu won't fuse with the "Ex-Commander" Glimmora. If you switch out the Glimmora for the Wo-Chien, then the Wo-Chien will fuse. Once Ting-Lu dies you're out of fusions because the remainder three of your mons have exhausted their fusion that game. I hope this makes sense but let me know if there's something else confusing you.

Note that you don't HAVE to switch your "Ex-Commander" out after your fusion dies. Your Ex-Commander can stay in and continue to fight until it dies. Then you can bring in a mon to replace it on the right and it will automatically fuse with the left mon immediately. Once again this is in-line with how Commander works in the game.

Alright I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. I'll use this random Doubles OU team I found: https://pokepast.es/e5f3ae87e75cd7f9.

Let's say you lead Arcanine on left as the "Dondozo", and Gothitelle on right as the "Tatsugiri". Your Gothitelle will fuse with your Arcanine so with the following updated attributes:
TypeFire/Psychic
AbilityIntimidate + Shadow Tag
Base Stats90/137/127/147/135/127
MovesFlamethrower/Wisp/Snarl/Protect + Fake Out/Heal Pulse/Psychic

Everything else stays the same based on the "Dondozo" mon Arcanine, like Nature, Tera Type and EVs. If you've played Dondozo-Tatsugiri in Doubles before it would be easier to explain but basically this OM just copies that mechanic except the fusion gets the aforementioned changes rather than the +2 omniboost and Order Up adjustment.

Ok let's say the Arcanine-Gothitelle fusion dies. Your Arcanine dies because it's the "Dondozo", but your Gothitelle returns to the right side of the field. This is similar to when you kill the boosted Dondozo in game, the Tatsugiri comes back on the field. Your Gothitelle has exhausted its one "fusion" so it cannot fuse with another pokemon for the rest of the game, either as a "Dondozo" or a "Tatsugiri". You replace your dead Arcanine with Chansey, on the left "Dondozo" position. Your Chansey will not fuse with the Gothitelle. Let's say you switch out the Gothitelle for Glimmora. Glimmora is in the right "Tatsugiri" position and have not fused this game, so it will fuse with the Chansey. When the Chansey dies, the Glimmora returns to the field again but cannot fuse again just like the Gothitelle. You send out Ting-Lu to replace the Chansey on the left side. Again Ting-Lu won't fuse with the "Ex-Commander" Glimmora. If you switch out the Glimmora for the Wo-Chien, then the Wo-Chien will fuse. Once Ting-Lu dies you're out of fusions because the remainder three of your mons have exhausted their fusion that game. I hope this makes sense but let me know if there's something else confusing you.

Note that you don't HAVE to switch your "Ex-Commander" out after your fusion dies. Your Ex-Commander can stay in and continue to fight until it dies. Then you can bring in a mon to replace it on the right and it will automatically fuse with the left mon immediately. Once again this is in-line with how Commander works in the game.
Makes sense, I like the idea in general, but it seems like it would be complex to code as well as a complex metagame in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)