Mentis Pugna, Battle of the Minds, a UU Warstory

Ok, time for my second War Story. My first one sucked and was deleted, but this is much better than that one. This was a Standard UU Lv 100 Wifi battle, so I had to guess the percentages of SlimeyGrimer's Pokemon... But anyways, let's get down to business.

SlimeyGrimer will be abbreviated to SG
FearthePika will be abbreviated to FtP
Stealth Rock, Poison and Black Sludge damage will be edited out immediately
NNs will be edited out
Leftovers and Black Sludge recovery will be edited out, but a list of Pokemon that have those items will be provided
Leech Seed damage and recovery will be edited out
All affects on a Pokemon will be listed next to its damage at the end of every turn
The battle log will be Bolded
SlimeyGrimer's comments will be in Purple

My comments will be in Blue
Score will be color coded with the same colors as the comment's

Rules:
1. No Hax items.
2. No evasion moves like Double Team.
3. No d/cing.
4. Sleep Clause.
5. Species Clause. No more than 1 Pokemon of the same species on your team.
6. OHKO Moves are banned.

My team in no particular order

Leftovers: Umbreon, Gallade, Probopass
Black Sludge: Venusaur

SlimeyGrimer's team in no particular order

Leftovers: Donphan, Tangrowth, Noctowl
Black Sludge: Muk

Let the battle begin!

SG sent out Haunter (100%)
FtP sent out Gallade (100%)

I have played SlimyGrimer before and was really looking forward to this match. I’ve taken to using Gallade as a lead since sooooo many people use Ambipom. Since the only resemblance between Haunter and Ambipom is that they’re both purple, I’m not fooled. Dual Status Gallades are nice, but I’m not going to risk the hit, time to switch to someone who can take a Shadow Ball and force a switch if it’s scarfed. In hindsight, this switch was a little risky, but it didn’t really hurt me. (Yes, I wrote a comment here while SG didn’t, if you guys want to complain, then just shut up.)

SG switched in Donphan (100%)
FtP switched in Umbreon (100%)

Donphan (100%)
Umbreon (100%)

Well that’s annoying, I can’t do anything to stop it from getting rocks up. Assuming that it runs Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock/EQ/Ice Shard, it can’t touch me after I get a couple of curses up. I should have seen this coming since most all Gallade have Shadow Sneak, but since I don’t, I didn’t. So I tap Curse and wait for the rocks to fly.

Interesting Gallade, I predicted the standard physical attacker, so I switched to my Donphan. He obviously thought I was going to shadowball, I wish I had used trick to disable that Umbreon with my choice scarf. XP

Donphan use Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float around your side of the field.
Umbreon used Curse
Umbreon’s Speed fell
Umbreon’s Attack rose, Umbreon’s Defense rose.

Donphan 100%
Umbreon 100% -1 Speed +1 Attack, Defense

Yep, there are the rocks, how I hate them. Now I can’t get my Houndoom in without losing a quarter of my HP. Not fearing anything but a Tricked choice item, I continue to curse up.

Here I was just checking out what Kind of Umbreon I was facing.

SG switched in Tangrowth 100%
Umbreon used Curse
Umbreon’s Speed fell

Tangrowth 100%
Umbreon 100% -2 Speed +2 Attack, Defense

Hello ugly green pile of spaghetti, you’re going to annoy the heck out of me, aren’t you? Let’s test the waters with Payback, the worst it can do to me is get rid of my Leftovers, which is annoying, but not to bad.

Here I switched once again to attempt to disable this thing with a knock off, sleep powder or set up a leech seed to suck it up if it got too many curses up.

Tangrowth used Knockoff
Umbreon lost 0% of its health.
Tangrowth knocked off Umbreon’s Leftovers.
Umbreon used Payback
Tangrowth lost 23% of its health.
Tangrowth restored a little HP with its Leftovers.

Tangrowth 83%
Umbreon 100% -2 Speed +2 Attack, Defense

Ok, it’s a 5HKO, not preferable. Why does Tangrowth have to have such high Defense? That was doubling my attack and using a 100 BP move that gets STAB… Unfortunately Slimy didn’t try to put me to sleep, put to sleep the only Pokemon on my team with Sleep Talk. Knowing that the Leech Seed is coming, I run to someone who can rival Tangrowth in walling ability.

I slightly over-predicted and thought he might switch not wanting to get put asleep or leeched so I knocked off as a safe option.

FtP switched in Venusaur (100%)
Venusaur lost 12% of its health.
Tangrowth used Leech Seed
It doesn’t affect Venusaur…
Venusaur restored a little HP with its Black Sludge

Tangrowth 89%
Venusaur 94%

That’s right, Venusaur wall! Quake in fear you piles of pasta! Not wanting to over predict with Leech Seed and have my Black Sludge knocked off, I just go straight for the Sludge Bomb.

And there it was, the switch to a grass. This is what I feared the turn before, good judgment on FTP's part.

SG switched in Noctowl (100%)
Venusaur used Sludge Bomb
Noctowl lost 15% of its health

Noctowl 91%
Venusaur 100%

Oh no, Noctowl, another Pokemon Slimy has used against me before, but all I know is that it has Rest, Sleep Talk and Psycho Shift. I don’t think that it runs a Psychic or Flying move, so let’s just go for the Leech Seed and see what happens.

This Nocturnal bird is my special wall meant to suck up status and psycho shift it back, so I went with her.

Noctowl used Night Shade
Venusaur lost 28% of its health
Venusaur used Leech Seed
Noctowl was Seeded!
Noctowl’s health is sapped by Leech Seed.

Noctowl 84% + Leech Seed
Venusaur 92%

I’m not worried, I’m only losing 8% of my health every turn, and I have Synthesis. Any damage on it is good damage, so I’ll just Sludge Bomb it to force it to use Rest.

Just trying to get some standard damage on this beast, damn leech seed. XP

Noctowl used Night Shade
Noctowl lost 15% of its health

Noctowl 69% + Leech Seed
Venusaur 84%

I don’t know enough about Slimy’s team to stop using Sludge Bomb, worst case scenario is switching to Haunter and killing me with Psychic, though if the switch to Haunter comes, will the Psychic come (assuming that Haunter actually has Psychic), or will it be Trick ?

Hehe suck up the sludge. Im still waiting for the status.. XD

SG switched in Haunter (100%)
It’s not very effective…
Haunter lost 38% of its health

Haunter 62%
Venusaur 90%

And in comes Haunter. Now I did a damage calculation and found that I can live a Psychic at 90% health, so time for Leech Seed.

By now the leech was starting to hurt so I went with my tricking Haunter to disable this beast.

Haunter used Trick
Haunter switched item’s with its opponent
Venusaur obtained Choice Scarf
Venusaur used Leech Seed
Haunter was Seeded!
Haunter restored HP a little with its Black Sludge

Haunter 60% + Leech Seed
Venusaur 98%

Ah crud, THIS is the wcs, now my Venusaur has been rendered near useless. Maybe I should have switched, but I don’t really have anyone other than Houndoom who can receive a choice scarf and I don’t want Houndoom out just yet.

Success! Damn Leech seed...

SG switched in Tangrowth (79%)
FtP switched in Probopass (100%)

Tangrowth 85%
Probopas100%

Double switching is fun! Probopass comes in to take the Psychic or Shadow Ball, but he switches to Tangrowth. Now who (other than me) would ever run a Probopass set as weird as mine? No one! Since the *coughcough* obvious Special move is coming to hit Tangrowth, Slimy needs to switch to someone who can take it, allowing me to make sure that said Pokemon gets trapped with me.

I wanted to escape the leech!

SG switched in Noctowl (69%)
Probopass used Block
Noctowl can’t escape

Noctowl 75% +Block
Probopass 100%

Yep, I run Block to let Toxic do its damage. Not much predicting here, the oh-so-obvious Night Shade will come while I Toxic.

Once again waiting for the status.

Noctowl used Night Shade
Probopass lost 32% of its health
Probopass used Toxic
Noctowl was Badly Poisoned

Noctowl 78% +Block, Toxic
Probopass 64%

The plan is to stall as long as possible to force a Rest, maybe I should run Rest myself…

More standard damage, and there was the status I was waiting for, Unfortunately I'm facing a steel. -__-

Noctowl used Night Shade
Probopass lost 32% of its health
Probopass used Magnet Rise
Probopass levitated on electromagnetism

Noctowl 78% +Block, Toxic
Probopass 38% +Levitate

Still waiting for that rest, I can only take two more hits…

Just want to wear this thing down. I don't predict a rester especially after seeing three of the moves.

Noctowl used Rest
Noctowl restored 22% of its health
Probopass used Earthquake
It doesn’t affect Noctowl…

Noctowl 100% +Block, Sleep
Probopass 44% +Levitate

Hm, maybe I shouldn’t have hit EQ so quickly, now my entire moveset is known. Ah well, time to switch to Umbreon who can easily intercept the incoming Psycho Shift if Noctowl gets lucky.

Now the status is starting to hurt so we go with option two..LUCK. Hoping psycho shift works with sleep talk. Earthquake usage was helpful even though I was blocked in. XP

FtP switched in Umbreon (100%)
Noctowl is fast asleep
Noctowl used Sleep Talk
Noctowl used Night Shade
Umbreon lost 26% of its health

Noctowl 100% +1 turn of rest
Umbreon 61%

Aw, (S)he got Night Shade. Ah well, now I can use Payback for a little damage, unless he makes me sleep this turn.

Meh, better than getting a rest.

Noctowl is fast asleep
Noctowl used Sleep Talk
Noctowl used Psycho Shift
Noctowl woke up
Umbreon fell asleep
Umbreon is fast asleep

Noctowl 100%
Umbreon 61% +Asleep

And why couldn’t that Psycho Shift come last turn? I don’t really care to much, I have my sleep fodder, now I can cripple the Noctowl and force it to not use Sleep Talk for fear of breaking the sleep clause.

SUCCESS! Luck is never on my side with this! The best is when it works, but then psycho shift misses with 90% accuracy. XD Little did I know I put asleep a sleep talker..Poo

FtP switched in Gallade (100%)
Noctowl used Night Shade
Gallade lost 29% of its health

Noctowl 100%
Gallade 64%

29% makes it a 4HKO, I can take another if he really wants to stay in, though I’m betting Donphan will come in to take the hit, how I hate that elephant.

It took me forever to figure this thing out. Again just wanted to wear down whatever came in.

SG switched in Donphan (100%)
Gallade used Hypnosis
Gallade’s attack missed!

Donphan 100%
Gallade 70%

And some of the only Hax in the game strikes. Gallade can shrug off an Ice Shard.

I sympathize with hypnosis misses...Anyway my safest switch in was still Donphan. And I couldn't have used sleep talk again if Noctowl fell asleep because of sleep clause.

Donphan used Ice Shard
Gallade lost 13% of its health
Gallade used Hypnosis
Donphan fell asleep

Donphan 100% +Sleep
Gallade 63%

Now here comes the switch to the other wall, Tangrowth. Let’s put a little paralysis on it before I go.

Eh I just went for its paper defense and had no one else that I cared to put asleep, I thought about Muk, but the need to explode sometimes arises and I didn't really want Muk to take physical hits.

SG switched in Tangrowth (89%)
Gallade used Thunder Wave
The foe’s Tangrowth is Paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Tangrowth 89% + Paralysis
Gallade 69%

As predicted, the switch comes, time to run to Venusaur again.

Damn, should have really stayed in or even went with Noctowl but I couldn't risk a close combat..or anything else for that matter Noctowl should never take a physical hit..never....ever.. Again I had no fucking idea what to expect from this Gallade.

FtP switched in Venusaur (98%)
Tangrowth is fully Paralyzed

Tangrowth 94% +Paralysis
Venusaur 88%

Oh yes, I have a Choice scarf now. >_< Now, this took a little prediction. If I use Leech Seed, he can stall me until I struggle. However, using Leech Seed means I get nab a switch if it comes, and there’s always the chance of a Knock off.

A Para hack..No...not me? -__-

Venusaur used Leech Seed
It doesn’t affect Tangrowth…
Tangrowth is fully paralyzed, it can’t move!

Tangrowth 100% +Paralysis
Venusaur 88%

Two cases of parahax in a row, how unnecessary. I’m just going to stick to my strategy, what’s the worst that can happen? Tangrowth can’t scratch Venusaur.

Number two... at least I predicted right for once..

Venusaur used Leech Seed
It doesn’t affect Tangrowth
Tangrowth used Leech Seed
It doesn’t affect Venusaur

Venusaur 88%

Come on, do as I want. To bad Jedi mind tricks don’t really work.

Heh we’re waiting for someone to switch out. XD

Venusaur used Leech Seed
It doesn’t affect Tangrowth
Tangrowth used Knockoff
A critical hit!
Venusaur lost 13% of its health
Tangrowth knocked off Venusaur’s Choice Scarf

Venusaur 75%

Yes! I could have done this before, but I really wanted that Choice scarf gone. The crit really didn’t matter at all, I was so happy at the time that I didn’t even notice it.

Here was the BOO BOO. I may have been on drugs when I did this I don't know. (just kidding) But yea I should have just kept power whipping until he switched, this Venusaur gave me hell later and I still have no logical reasoning for knocking the choice scarf off, other than hoping he would switch out. WOOT on the crit LMAO ( i think that was the only crit the entire battle)

SG switched in Muk (100%)
It’s not very effective
Muk lost 10% of its health

Muk 96%
Venusaur 75%

Muk? How many walls/tanks does Slimy have? I’m faster than any Muk that isn’t max speed, and Ice Punch can’t kill me, so I’ll just go for Leech Seed again, I can always Synthesis later.

I predicted the sludge bomb, and other than leech seed Muk walls standard Venusaur.

Venusaur used Leech Seed
Muk was Seeded!
Muk used Taunt
Venusaur fell for the Taunt

Muk 92% + Leech Seed
Venusaur 89%

Ok, I was not expecting that. Time to go to someone who can take whatever Muk throws at me.

Hoping for the switch or him to use NOT leech seed before the taunt but yea..

FtP switched in Probopass (44%)
SG switched in Haunter (76%)

Haunter 84%
Probopass 44%

Oh wait, Probopass can’t do anything to Haunter, time to go to Umbreon again.

I Fucking hate leech seed..Lol...I went for the switch, predicting the switch, to get Haunter out there without taking anymore damage.

FtP switched in Umbreon
Haunter used Thunderbolt
Umbreon lost 17% of its health.

Haunter 90%
Umbreon 32% +Sleep

Crud, that did a little more than I thought. Unless I get lucky with this Sleep Talk, Umbreon is going to bite the dust.

I sort of saw this coming, so I went with a Tbolt, neutral to Probo and Umbreon.

Haunter used Thunderbolt
Umbreon lost 17% of its health.
Umbreon is fast asleep
Umbreon used Sleep Talk
Umbreon used Curse
Umbreon’s Speed fell

Haunter 96%
Umbreon 15% -1 Speed +1 Attack, Defense, Sleep

And no such luck. Umbreon is slower than anything Slimy has, except Tangrowth, so I’ll just let it die so I can get Gallade in for free.

Just wearing it down before it wakes up.

Haunter used Thunderbolt
Umbreon lost 15% of its health
Umbreon fainted

5-6

Yea I'd either finish it or hit something else with Tbolt..Nice to have that beast gone.

Haunter 99%

FtP switched in Gallade

Haunter 99%
Gallade 63%

Haunter used Trick
Gallade obtained Black Sludge
Gallade used Thunder Wave
Haunter is Paralyzed! It may be unable to move.
Gallade lost 12% of its health

Haunter 100% + Paralysis
Gallade 51%

I don’t care that I got the Black Sludge, I paralyzed it. I had been looking at my Houndoom and saw that it was 1 point slower than Haunter, now I can continue to set up for a potential sweep.

This Gallade really fucked me up, I have no idea why I stayed and took that T-wave and didn't switch out to Tangrowth..the prospect of tricking the black sludge onto this assumed wall thing was appealing at the time.. If I was gonna stay In though I should have just went straight for the shadow ball, probably wouldn't have been enough to finish it..If it was a wall, but I would have taken a nice chunk out.

FtP switched in Venusaur (77%)
Haunter used Shadow Ball
Venusaur lost 29% of its health

Haunter 100% + Paralysis
Venusaur 48%

Ok, not bad, I can take two more with Leech Seed without a Sp. D drop, and even if Leech Seed missed, I now out speed him and can easily get a Synthesis off.

Too late for the shadow ball now..

Venusaur used Leech Seed
Haunter was Seeded!
Haunter used Shadow Ball
Venusaur lost 26% of its health

Haunter 92% + Paralysis, Leech Seed
Venusaur 31%

Everything is going according to plan, time to heal up, and then attack.

LEECH... At this point I just want to destroy this thing so I stayed in and hammered with Shadow ball. Also hoping for a Sp. Def. drop.

Venusaur used Synthesis
Venusaur restored 51% of its health
Haunter used Shadow Ball

Haunter 90% + Paralysis, Leech Seed
Venusaur 60%

That’s it, keep using Shadow Ball, let me KO you…

Of course it knows synthesis.....

Haunter lost 30% of its health
Haunter is fully paralyzed, it can’t move!

Haunter 58% + Paralysis, Leech Seed
Venusaur 69%

Later that Hax will prove to be useless, if he had hit I just would have healed up again, better than what I do now.

Of course...

SG switched in Muk (92%)
Venusaur used Energy Ball
It’s not very effective…
Muk lost 6% of its health

Muk 92%
Venusaur 69%

That really sucks, all I did was stop the Black Sludge recovery. We’ve done this before, and now let’s do it again.

Had to escape the seeds again…Why did I knock this choice scarf off again??

Venusaur used Leech Seed
Muk was Seeded!
Muk used Taunt

Muk 90% + Leech Seed
Venusaur 84%

And again, I get the seed off. Now, just like last time, let’s go for Probopass. If Muk stays in, I get some much needed healing. If Muk switches, I just go back to Venusaur. That last Pokemon of Slimy’s worries me though, I have no idea what it is. Hopefully my two unseen Pokemon will keep it away.

I wish I had brought my Ice punching Muk, or curser, this guy has Gunk shot, Brickbreak, and explosion only with no ATK EVs so attacking was irrelevant, and I wasn't ready to explode yet so I tried the taunt again. At least now he couldn't synthesize.

FtP switched in Probopass (54%)
Muk used Gunk Shot
It doesn’t affect Probopass…

Muk 88% + Leech Seed
Probopass 70%

That could not have gone better, and Probopass restores 16% with that Leech Seed. Now here Slimy got a little bit of luck. Right as I tapped Toxic to nab any switch to Noctowl (we all know it’s coming), my Poodle decides that he wants attention NOW and thrusts his head into my hand, how annoying.

Naturally…Good move FTP.

SG switched in Noctowl (100%)
It doesn’t affect Noctowl

Noctowl 100%
Probopass 76%

And so, Noctowl gets in unscathed. To risky to Toxic stall the stupid Owl again, so I’m going to leave my mark, then get out of there at a speed that would leave even a Deoxys in the dust.

Decent prediction on my part, added to the fact that I didn't want Probo sucking up any health.

Noctowl used Night Shade
Probopass lost 31% of its health
Probopass used Toxic
Noctowl was badly poisoned

Noctowl 94% + Toxic
Probopass 51%

And I didn’t get the miss, so I’m happy, time to run to Venusaur.

Night shade did a decent standard amount on this thing.

FtP switched in Venusaur (82%)
Noctowl used Night Shade
Venusaur lost 27% of its health

Noctowl 88% + Toxic
Venusaur 42%

And the green dinoplant reappears with a mighty roar, to bad he’s low on health, time for a little sunbathing.

This thing again...Of course I cant psycho shift on this poison beast now.

Noctowl used Night Shade
Venusaur lost 27% of its health
Venusaur used Synthesis
Venusaur recovered 49% of its health

Noctowl 76% + Toxic
Venusaur 64%

As Toxic starts to take its toll on the weird looking bird, Venusaur laughs at its attempted murder. Since Psycho Shift won’t do anything until Noctowl dozes off, I Leech Seed to try to ruin the evil owl. Maybe this was predicted, maybe not. All I know is that a stupid salad ruined my day.

I don’t know, wearing it down hoping for a leech or something other than synthesis.

SG switched in Tangrowth (100%)
Venusaur used Leech Seed
It doesn’t affect Tangrowth…

Tangrowth 100% + Paralysis
Venusaur 64%

Stupid Tangrowth, now it’s time for it to die.

Haha finally no seeds..Sadly Sludge is coming Tangrowth's way..

It’s Super Effective!
Tangrowth lost 90% of its health
Tangrowth is fully Paralyzed! It can’t move!

Tangrowth 16% + Paralysis
Venusaur 64%

Ok, there’s more Hax than I remember… Though what would it do to me? Now that it’s almost dead, I just try to finish it off, but Slimy switches out and saves Tangrowth for fodder.

Well I went for the sleep powder...I survived and all would have went according to plan except wait! Parahax..... -__-

SG switched in Muk (88%)
It’s not very effective…
Muk lost 12% of its health

Muk 76%
Venusaur 64%

Hello Muk, time to Seed you.

Didn't wanna lose Tangrowth just yet. I need a damn seed absorber!

Venusaur used Leech Seed
Muk was Seeded!
Muk used Taunt

Muk 74% + Leech Seed
Venusaur 78%

This is so familiar that it has stopped being funny. Now, faint in awe at my prediction skilz. =P If I switch to Probopass, than Slimy will switch to Noctowl or use a move that ruins Probopass. But if I stay in with Venusaur, I can use Energy Ball and hopefully get a Sp. D drop on anything that comes in. Conclusion, I stay in.

I really needed to stop this taunting thing...

SG switched in Noctowl (76%)
It’s not very effective…
Noctowl lost 5% of its health

Noctowl 71% + Toxic
Venusaur 78%

And no Sp. D drop, how expected. Here is when I learned that I was leaving in a few minutes to get a Flu Shot, so I attempted a late game sweep, hoping that Noctowl would use Rest.

Escape the seeds yet again....

FtP switched in Houndoom (100%)
Noctowl used Night Shade
Houndoom lost 34% of its health

Noctowl 65% + Toxic
Houndoom 40%

And no such luck. But now I out speed anything that Slimy can throw at me, and depending on Noctowls EVs and nature, I can take it out with a Specs Flamethrower, let’s try it.

This I didn't expect.

Houndoom used Flamethrower
Noctowl lost 60% of its health
Noctowl used Psycho Shift
Noctowl recovered from Toxic
Houndoom was Badly Poisoned

Noctowl 11%
Houndoom 34% + Toxic

Ah no, that’s ironic. Because of my own Pokemon poisoning the owl I can’t sweep. Another switch would ruin Houndoom completely, but I’m not going to switch. Time to take any pokemon Slimy has down.

This beast had to be Speced because that did more than I thought it would. I should have went for rest right here, but I went straight for the psycho shift, not realizing that it would do that much damage to me, at least I got it poisoned.

SG switched in Muk (74%)
Muk lost 54% of its health

Muk 26%
Houndoom 22% + Toxic

Not to bad, I take it out in another hit. I now pray that it doesn’t have Shadow Sneak.

Damn that thing is powerful.

Muk lost 26% of its health
Muk fainted
5-5

Houndoom 3% + Toxic

And it doesn’t, and Houndoom draws first blood for my team. Here comes Tangrowth as fodder to let Toxic finish me off.

Muk was sort of used as death fodder for toxic to wear this thing down, what I wouldn't have given for a flash fire poke at this point.

SG switched in Tangrowth

Tangrowth 16% + Paralysis
Houndoom 3% + Toxic

Tangrowth lost 16% of its health
Tangrowth fainted
Houndoom lost 3% of its health
Houndoom fainted
4-4

And I even up the score, time for another attempted sweep with Gallade.

More death fodder for toxic.

SG switched in Noctowl (11%)
FtP switched in Gallade (51%)

Gallade used Close Combat
Noctowl lost 11% of its health
Noctowl fainted
Gallade’s Defense fell! Gallade’s Sp. Defense fell!
4-3

Not wanting to risk Rock Slide missing, I go straight for the Close Combat. At this point everything is looking good, Gallade can take out another Pokemon before he dies to Black Sludge. (Yet more irony, I’m choking in all the stupid irony.)

I was under some delusion that I was faster than this thing.. (dont ask) and tried to rest hoping for the hypnosis or T-wave, Looking at this again I should have switched into Donphan and waited for the wakeup.

SG switched in Haunter

Haunter 58% + Paralysis
Gallade 32% -1 D, Sp. D

Well I was hoping its last move was not an attacking move and that I could wall this thing… Stupid assumption. I guess I thought, worst case, Haunter is slightly useless when paralyzed, I could use him as death fodder, and I could check out the last move, and get a turn of black sludge in on Gallade.

Gallade used Rock Slide
Haunter lost 58% of its health
Haunter fainted
4-2

And Rock Slide easily takes it out, now all Slimy has is a sleeping Donphan and the mystery Pokemon.

Rock Slide?? This thing surprised me the whole battle, especially with his newness to the UU tier I have rarely faced Gallades.

SG switched in Donphan

Donphan 100% + Sleep
Gallade 20% -1 D, Sp. D

Donphan lost 30% of its health
Donphan is fast asleep

Donphan 76% +Sleep
Gallade 8% -2 D, Sp. D

Gallade dies in another turn, and my Venusaur doesn’t have any EVs in SA. I need to get as much damage as possible on Donphan before I die, hope that it doesn’t wake up and Ice Shard me.

WAKE UP.

Donphan is fast asleep
Donphan lost 30% of its health
Gallade fainted
3-2

FtP switched in Venusaur

Donphan 52% + Sleep
Venusaur 66%

Here comes Ice Shard, he has to wake up by now.

Black Sludge became of use at least. WAKE the FUCK UP!

Donphan woke up!
Donphan used Ice Shard
It’s super effective!
Venusaur lost 22% of its health
It’s super effective!
Donphan lost 52% of its health
Donphan fainted.
3-1

And there it was, time for Mr. Mystery to come out.

Yeah, Donphan last will was just to weaken this thing enough for Venomoth to kill it.

SG sent out Venomoth

Venomoth 100%
Venusaur 44%

Venomoth used Bug Buzz
Venusaur lost 37% of its health
Venusaur used Leech Seed
Venomoth evaded the attack!

Venomoth 100% Locked into Bug Buzz
Venusaur 7%

Ah crud, the only Pokemon I have left after Venusaur dies are Probopass and Pikachu. Pikachu ties with Venomoth in speed, so if I go first, I may win. But since Probopass has no Attack EVs, things are looking pretty bad.

Thank GAWD.. anyway, knocking off that choice scarf was one of the poorest descisions I have ever made as a trainer. XP Venomoth is speced by the way is why I didn't use psychic, Probo resists bug and psychic so tinted lens would have activated with psychic, but bug buzz is STAB. And I had no idea who his last was, if it was a dark I was fucked so I went bug buzz. I also had sludge bomb and sleep powder. I was not about to be speced into sleep powder and sludge wouldn't hit Probo.

Venomoth used Bug Buzz
Venusaur lost 7% of its health
Venusaur fainted
2-1

FtP sent out Pikachu

Venomoth 100% Locked into Bug Buzz
Pikachu 88%

FtP Ran!

And thus ends the battle because I had to leave. >_>

But it’s not over! Later, SlimyGrimer and I did a battle, just Pikachu and Probopass against Venomoth, to see who would have won. So here it is.

SG sent out Venomoth (100%)
FtP sent out Pikachu (100%)

So will Pikachu outrun the giant moth? Let’s find out.

Pikachu used Thunderbolt
Venomoth lost 90% of its health!
Venomoth used Bug Buzz
Pikachu lost 94% of its health
Pikachu fainted.
1-1

Venomoth 10% Locked into Bug Buzz

FtP Sent out Probopass (51%)

Venomoth 10% Locked into Bug Buzz
Probopass 46%

Venomoth used Bug Buzz
Probopass lost 45% of its health!
Venomoth lost 10% of its health
Venomoth fainted!
1-0
Good Game SlimeyGrimer, I really enjoyed it.

Well we will never know who would have outsped in this matchup because our speed was tied, but when we redid the end later, Pika outsped Veno, used tbolt, Veno lived and 1HKOed with bug buzz. Probo had about 50% HP left and Tinted lens Bug Buzz did about 25% damage when we re-inacted the end of the battle. So, Probo EQ'ed the rest of Veno's health. However if Veno went first against Pika, She would have had full HP and survived the EQ and two Bug Buzzes would have finished Probo. GREAT BATTLE FTP!

Props
VENUSAUR!
Only one crit the entire battle
Most of the Hax being useless
Gallade’s dual status
Pikachu almost OHKOing the final Pokemon

Slops
Leech Seed missing when I needed it
The Parahax that SG’s Pokémon had
Irony
Having to run because of getting a Flu Shot
Waiting an hour to get said Flu Shot
Not having a Pokémon to set up SR

MVP

Venusaur! Constant Leech seed forced many switches, I can’t thank it enough!

PROPS: Hoots(Noctowl)- for getting the sleep talk psycho shift off on Umbreon.
Wearing down Probo Enough for Venomoth to kill it. (possibly) And severely wearing down Houndoom.

Phantom(Haunter)- For tricking Venusaur and Gallade and finishing Umbreon.

Gypsy(Venomoth)- For late game (almost) sweep and evading those nasty seeds.
Dumbo(Donphan)- For getting off a stealth rock and waking up in time to get an ice shard off of Venusaur.

Gillyweed(Tangrowth) for absorbing the leech seeds, surviving the Sludge bomb and knocking off Umbreon's lefties.

Impurity(Muk) for being a silent special wall who did nothing but absorb hits.

SLOPS: I cant say that I have any slops, no one missed, Muk's Gunk Shot was even going to hit if Probo didn't switch in. The para hax I blame on me for allowing them to become paralyzed in the first place, because it could have been avoided. And I give the slops award to me for having Tangrowth knock off Venusaurs choice scarf. And allowing Haunter to become paralyzed.

MVP

Going to have to go to HOOTS for Having a large part in 5/6 of the knock outs. She weathered special attacks very well, rested and put Umbreon to sleep with an excellent sleep talk psycho shift, after a sleep talk night shade. She also wore down Probopass, Houndoom, Gallade and Venusaur with Nightshade. And poisoned Houndoom with a psycho shift. GREAT JOB!

Thanks for reading, please point out anything I missed so I can make this better, FtP out.

*Note. The title is in Latin, but it is not correct, anyone who knows how to fix it, please help, I'm not at that level yet, my Latin vocabulary is severely limited.*

EDIT. Stupid picture limit, sorry for no sprites for that last part.

This was a decent warstory, although the commentary was a bit lacking at times. Overall 3/5
And WHOOO VENUSAUR :P

Meh... It was okay. Just a long stall-fest.

Next time, use more detailed comments, and maybe pick a better battle.

Props for the NUs, though.

5/10

Meh... It was okay. Just a long stall-fest.

Next time, use more detailed comments, and maybe pick a better battle.

Props for the NUs, though.

5/10
That's the first decent battle that I've had since June, but yeah, the comments could use a little work, that's something I'll keep in mind for next time.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Would it not be Pugna Mentam?

Anyway, I found this warstory slightly boring due to too much 'originality' on boths sides. I did enjoy seeing Noctowl however.

The warstory is all around average,The comments and the battle itself was so-so.The NUs were pretty cool through.

6.7/10

Because Latin is messed up, names, adjectives, pronouns, etc... are inflected (I think that's the word). And I'm not even sure "mentis" is plural. Mentarum?
Here's what I did. I went to an online translator and desperately put in Battle and Mind and then stuck them together.=P

GG FTP, our battles are always close!

Great job on the writeup also :)

Anyway, I found this warstory slightly boring due to too much 'originality' on boths sides. I did enjoy seeing Noctowl however.
I didn't know there was such a thing as TOO much originality, lol, I was starting to get bored with standard smogon builds, so I'm testing some new movesets out. XP

I agree, there's no such thing as "too much" originality. After all, it's what revitalizes the metagame and encourages people to adapt. And honestly, more room for originality and more viability for niche movesets is really what attracts a lot of people to UU and NU play-it's certainly what attracted me to it.

I loved the Muk/Venusaur exchanges, surpringly XD. The use of NU, as previously mentioned, may have been the main saving grace of this warstory.

A good read and good commentary, albeit a better battle and maybe some more input from SlimyGrimer would make it more appealing. 7.5/10.

Maybe it's just me, but I enjoyed this battle. I see nothing wrong with using original sets if you know how to use them. In other words saying that using them was "too original" is strange. And sometimes I like to play stall, so that switches and predictions were interesting for me. Also some of those NU's are good enough for being UU, just people don't use them for some reason. Muk is really underrated and may be really annoying to deal with, Pikachu has paper defences, but enough power and speed to make use of his sky-high special and physical attacks counting Light Ball. And Venomoth, especially now with Yanmega banned, has good niche with Tinted Lens. And Haunter has the highest special attack of all UU/NU ghost and also good enough speed to use it. So even if someone uses NU, it doesn't mean they're outclassed, because it's not true and I hope I proved this enough with those examples. Just people don't use them for unknown reasons. Anyway, just to end this post - warstory is solid and lack of hax is positive thing, however you should work a bit on commentaries, because sometimes they are a bit short, but in overall not that bad. 7/10 from me and I look forward for the next ones ;).

Wait... Weren't there rocks on your side, FtP? That means Bug Buzz doing %45 would've killed Probopass regardless...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)