Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's discussion time for Lunatone, Solrock, Luvdisc, and Magcargo now! I'm thinking Rock/Fairy typings with weather-inducing abilities for everyone's favorite NU meteorites. Luvdisc and Magcargo will also need something special to be at all viable. Just don't forget flavor and overall simplicity!

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I was thinking of giving Lunatone an ability that introduces a night time "weather effect" and solrock drought, and a dark and fire secondary typing respectively, with mirrored stat upgrades. Would you think it'd be easier to program the "weather effect" in the style of the usual sunny day/rain dance, or like primal groudon/kyorge's abilities? (aka a lasting effect after it exits the field or only persisting while it's there)
I was thinking of that too, but an entire new weather seems too far for this meta. Since the moon controls the tides, Lunatone could have Drizzle.

I was thinking of giving Lunatone an ability that introduces a night time "weather effect" and solrock drought, and a dark and fire secondary typing respectively, with mirrored stat upgrades. Would you think it'd be easier to program the "weather effect" in the style of the usual sunny day/rain dance, or like primal groudon/kyorge's abilities? (aka a lasting effect after it exits the field or only persisting while it's there)
We're not creating entirely new effects. Nor are we giving the new ORAS legendary abilities to any Megas.
Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Water
Ability: Levitate -> Drizzle
New Moves:Scald, Hydro Pump, Volt Switch, Thunder, Ancient Power

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 55 -> 55 (+0)
Def: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpA: 95 -> 135 (+40)
SpD: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 70 -> 70 (+0)

Flavor Concept: The moon heralds the arrival of rain soon after.

Competitive Concept: Lunatone becomes a bulky special attacker backed by easy access to rain, and is now able to pivot out of sticky situations by the use of Volt Switch or just blast everything with Hydro Pump and Thunder. Its bad defensive typing prevents it from doing much in terms of defense, but it's bulky enough to take a hit and it's a great rain summoner especially due to its access to Volt Switch, but the fact that it can't hold a Damp Rock to extend the time of the rain lets it down just a little bit.

Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Fire
Ability: Levitate -> Drought
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Volt Switch, Ancient Power

Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Def: 85 -> 85 (+0)
SpA: 55 -> 85 (+30)
SpD: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Spe: 70 -> 90 (+20)

Flavor Concept: The sun heralds... well, the sunlight, what else?

Competitive Concept: Mega Solrock has the potential of being a Rock Polish sweeper due to its decent base 90 speed and good base 125 attack, but what really gives it its purpose is the fact that upon switch-in, it summons an automatic five-turn sunlight. The sun strengthens its newfound Flare Blitz, which as a base 120 power STAB attack coming from a base 125 attack stat backed by sunlight... well it's going to hurt, just a little bit. The loss of Levitate hurts Mega Solrock's new typing quite a bit, but it's worth it to be replaced by Drought. Unfortunately, Mega Solrock isn't bulky enough to switch in and set up sun multiple times, so you'll most likely have to work around that.

Type: Water -> Water/Fire
Ability: Swift Swim/Hydration -> Doppler (read OP)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat

HP: 43 -> 43
Atk: 30 -> 30 (+0)
Def: 55 -> 55 (+0)
SpA: 40 -> 110 (+70)
SpD: 65 -> 65 (+0)
Spe: 97 -> 127 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Luvdisc has transformed into a sunfish. What implications may this have?

Competitive Concept: Mega Luvdisc, while extremely frail, is able to use both sun and rain to its advantage. If I'm understanding the mechanics of the Doppler ability correctly, then it means that Mega Luvdisc will get 2.25x boosts to its Fire or Water attacks when the corresponding weather condition is out. This is an incredible boost, and one that's really necessary to give Luvdisc the power it so desperately deserved. While the ability doesn't fit much flavor-wise, it's enough to make Mega Luvdisc very powerful. However, its frailty leads it to not be able to get a safe switch-in on anything except maybe 4x resisted attacks (Fire attacks). However, this boost isn't enough to warrant using up your Mega slot on Mega Luvdisc, sadly, since it's so frail to begin with and the defenses aren't boosted at all.

Type: Fire/Rock -> Fire/Rock
Ability: Magma Armor/Flame Body/Weak Armor -> Speed Boost
New Moves: Power Gem

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Def: 120 -> 80 (-40)
SpA: 80 -> 160 (+80)
SpD: 80 -> 70 (-10)
Spe: 30 -> 70 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Mega Magcargo has shed its shell, and has become the "Gotta Go Fast" snail/slug.

Competitive Concept: Mega Magcargo has shed its shell, yet it can still smash it. That's not its only use, though; snails and slugs are usually slow, but this one has the Speed Boost ability, and combined with its deadly 160 base Special Attack, it's a dangerous sweeper. It's extremely frail, though; anything that can outspeed it and hit with a super-effective move (of which there are many) can KO it and prevent its sweep. Overall, it's very risky to use, but it will pay off quickly.
It's not the submission period yet; please wait until I announce it tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Every time any move contacts MegaMaggie, attacker is burnt. Rock type is burnt off. Super Flame Body!

Rock/Fire Solrock and Rock/Ghost Lunatone, keeping Levitate.

Every time Mega Luvdisc switches in, it gets its opponent's stat boosts/drops via empathy. High speed and Aqua Jet then make it a great avenger. Yay for empathy!

Every time any move contacts MegaMaggie, attacker is burnt. Rock type is burnt off. Super Flame Body!

Rock/Fire Solrock and Rock/Ghost Lunatone, keeping Levitate.

Every time Mega Luvdisc switches in, it gets its opponent's stat boosts/drops via empathy. High speed and Aqua Jet then make it a great avenger. Yay for empathy!
Rock is Magcargo's primary typing so you cannot burn it off unfortunately (I also just realized this as I had a similar idea but alas it cannot be so)

Rock is Magcargo's primary typing so you cannot burn it off unfortunately (I also just realized this as I had a similar idea but alas it cannot be so)
No, Rock is the secondary typing. (Remember it evolves from Slugma, a pure Fire type and gets the Rock type added on)

Lunatone + Solrock: Rock/Steel (or rock/ground, idk yet) and Rock/Fire. Sandstream and drought for abilities. Special and Physical somethings, probably just all around mons.
Magcargo: I'm actually thinking Fire/Steel and weak armor. With a boosted special attack, it could be a fast and strong sweeper if hit by contact moves, and a slow, powerful tank if not. This is just what I am thinking atm, so it will probably be totally different when I submit this mega.
Luvdisc: Water/Fairy with an ability that even I'm not sure of yet. It will take a lot to make this good. I might actually use a special version of pure power, and make it kind of like mega medicham.

Winners are in!

Illumise: nightsitter

Mega Illumise
Type: Bug -> Bug/Fire
Ability: Oblivious/Tinted Lens/Prankster -> Ignate (See spreadsheet for description.
New Moves: Bulk Up, Extreme Speed

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 47 -> 102 (+55)
Def: 55 -> 55
SpA: 73 -> 73
SpD: 75 -> 90 (+15)
Spe: 85 -> 115 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Illumise’s glowing tail ignites. It flies around at alarmingly fast speeds, hence Extreme Speed. Bulk Up because it can protect itself by gaining small amounts of muscle (lol).

Competitive Concept: Late game sweeper requiring massive support, but with huge payoff. Bulk Up patches Mega Illumise’s lacking Defense stat while bolstering Ignate-boosted Extreme Speed to crazy levels of power. This little firefly can destroy most Pokemon with ES/Ice Punch/ThunderPunch, but is absolutely rocked by Talonflame, Azumarill, Tyranitar, and Stealth Rock.

Volbeat: nightsitter
Mega Volbeat
Type: Bug -> Bug/Electric
Ability: Illuminate/Swarm/Prankster -> Adaptability
New Moves: None

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 73 -> 73
Def: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpA: 47 -> 102 (+55)
SpD: 75 -> 75
Spe: 85 -> 115 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Volbeat adapts to its electricity-based name and movepool by gaining the Electric type.

Competitive Concept: Tail Glow Sweeper with incredible power and decent coverage. Thunderbolt and Bug Buzz are necessities, hitting for massive damage, while the final moveslot can be taken up by Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, or Hidden Power to round out the coverage.

Kecleon: Jaguar360
Kecleon
Type: Normal
Ability: Color Change/Protean --> Protean
Stats: 60/130(+40)/100(+30)/60/130(+10)/60(+20)
New Moves: +Agility +Drain Punch +Aqua Tail
Here's hoping that the elemental punches and Knock Off are moves tutors once again in ORAS (If Knock Off doesn't become a move tutor again, Aqua Tail (or Drain Punch if it becomes a tutor move again instead) should be replaced with Knock Off). This basically makes Kecleon better than it is since it already had one solid niche. Agility can compensate for its mediocre speed, but will probably be used in favor of a bulky Power-up Punch set if it does want to sweep. Kecleon can also play tank thanks it its improved bulk and access to Recover and Drain Punch.

Lumineon: Jaguar360
Lumineon
Type: Water --> Water/Electric
Ability: Swift Swim/Storm Drain/Water Veil (HA) --> Swift Swim
Stats: 69/69/96(+20)/129(+60)/96(+10)/101(+10)
New Moves: +Volt Switch +Hurricane +Thunder
Mega Lumineon is designed as a rain sweeper for rain teams. With highly increased Sp. Attack and a slight increase in speed, it can sweep with ThunderCane and Scald as well as provide Defog support for rain teams if necessary. Since it already has Swift Swim in the base form, it does not need to be in Mega form to take full advantage of the speed it gets, though Storm Drain can also be helpful pre-Evolution.

This opens the submission period for Lunatone, Solrock, Luvdisc, and Magcargo.

Last edited:
Lunatone (Lunatonite)
Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Fairy
Abilities: Levitate -> Levitate
New Moves: Moonlight, Power Gem

Atk: 55 -> 55
Def: 65 -> 95 (+30)
SpD: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Spe: 70 -> 60 (-10)
BST: 440 -> 540

The Fairy type has strong ties to the moon, so it's not too unreasonable. As a specially based Rock type, Lunatone greatly appreciates Power Gem.

Solrock (Solrockite)
Abilities: Levitate -> Levitate
New Moves: Morning Sun, Heat Crash (weight increased to 2568.4 lbs / 1165 kg)

Atk: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Def: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpA: 55 -> 55
SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)
Spe: 70 -> 60 (-10)

Levitate was kept to get rid of a nasty 4x weakness to Ground which would otherwise make things hard for a physical wall. Heat Crash was chosen as Flare Blitz would be counterproductive, and weight is increased to deal more reliable damage.

Luvdisc (Luvdiscite)
Type: Water -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Swift Swim (Hydration) -> Power of Love (Upon switching in, the opponent becomes infatuated regardless of gender)
New Moves: Thunder Wave, Draining Kiss, Pain Split

Atk: 30 -> 30
Def: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpA: 40 -> 100 (+60)
SpD: 65 -> 65
Spe: 97 -> 127 (+30)
BST: 330 -> 430

Luvdisc is a joke, its mega is a more thematic joke.

Magcargo (Magcargoite)
Type: Fire/Rock -> Fire
Abilities: Magma Armor, Flame Body (Weak Armor) -> Bruning Body (if an opponent makes contact, it gets burned)
New Moves: none

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 120 -> 170 (+50)
SpA: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 30 -> 30
BST: 410 -> 510

Magcargo is now unimaginably bulky on the physical side. Its heat is so intense that its shell burns up, leaving it with an undervalued pure Fire type. The benefits here are no 4x weaknesses, no Fighting weakness, and resistances to Grass and Steel. It still hates Water and special attacks in general, and 50 base HP isn't doing it any favors.

Last edited:
Mega Lunatone
Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Dark
Abilities: Levitate -> Eclipse (The power of Night Time based moves** (ie Dark type, Moonlight, Moonblast) are boosted in power and accuracy by 50% )
New Moves: Dark Pulse, Moonlight, Power Gem

Atk: 55 -> 70 (+15)
Def: 65 -> 90 (+25)
SpD: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 85 (+10)

So my original idea was of introducing a new weather, but i came to my senses and nightsitter confirmed that it was slightly excessive, so instead Lunatone’s new ability simply boosts the power of “night” moves (which will be listed at the bottom). Lunatone now hits really hard and has buffed defenses with a good offensive typing. However, this comes at the price of it being a relatively poor defensive typing. This is offsetted a bit by the addition of moonlight, which now heals 75% of its maximum HP. Lunatone also can use Hypnosis more reliably now with its buffed accuracy of 90%.

**Buffed : All dark type moves, Moonblast, Moonlight, Nightmare, Dream eater, Hypnosis .

Mega Solrock
Abilities: Levitate -> Drought
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Morning Sun

Atk: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Def: 85 -> 95 (+10)
SpA: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpD: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Spe: 70 -> 85 (+10)

Solrock, in contrast to Lunatone, brings on the sun and boosts its solar based moves, including newly added Morning Sun and Flare Blitz. His stat boosts also mirror Mega Lunatone’s, allowing him to take hits a bit better and hit a lot harder! Like Lunatone his typing rocks offensively but kind of sucks defensively, balancing out the 75% healing move Solrock now possesses.

Mega Magcargo
Type: Fire/Rock -> Fire/Steel
Abilities: Magma Armour/Flame Body/Weak Armour -> Mineral Dissolve (See Abilites Page for details)
New Moves: Flash Cannon

Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 120 -> 140 (+20)
SpA: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpD: 80 ->100 (+20)
Spe: 30 -> 50 (+20)
BST: 410 -> 510

Magcargo’s typing sucks defensively and its slow as … well a snail. So to improve this Magcargo now melts down rock type attacks and stealth rocks, and adds them to its molten body. Magcargo’s rocky shell is now made of solid iron! It is now easier for Magcargo to set up a shell smash as it can switch into rock type attacks with its new found immunity and it is healed by the stealth rocks that once plagued it. It also has improved defenses and speed to enable this.

Last edited:
Alright, Mega Mantine, you have got to stop taking my ideas. First I mention Strong Jaws Drapion while you mention Tough Claws Drapion in discussion, then whoops, you've got Strong Jaws Drapion. Then I make up an ability in the balancing convo about insta-burn on contact pure Mega Magcargo, and also say it here (even went with pure Fire here), and then you put it up.

Seriously, cut that shit out. Use your own ideas or, if you don't have any, just don't submit anything. It's one thing for two people to have similar concepts, but in these cases you clearly just stole what I wrote.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I'll just say it now. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Simple mistakes happen and simultaneous "inventions" are not unheard of, but blatant copying will be infracted. This is not directed at anyone (I'm serious--it's not); it's just a heads up before anything happens.

nightsitter please make a note in the OP.

Mega Luvdisc
Type: Water -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Swift Swim/Hydration -> Heart Power (+1 SpA after each turn)
New Moves: Moonblast, Draining Kiss

Atk: 30 -> 10 (-20)
Def: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpA: 40 -> 100 (+60)
SpD: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Spe: 97 -> 137 (+40)
BST: 330 -> 430

I'm normally not one to indulge in the "subtract points from an unneeded base stat under 40 to get more free points to use" trick, but I'm willing to make an exception for Luvdisc. Mega Luvdisc's ability synergizes with the need to use Protect to get it out of base form. For best results, use its decent 97 speed to revenge kill something weakened as it Mega Evolves and picks up a Special Attack boost. After that (or even if your opponent switches), you can pick up additional boosts with Protect or Substitute. As Azumarill can attest, Water/Fairy is good offensive coverage; Luvdisc can nail specific threats with Ice Beam or HP Fire, but its movepool begins to get crowded.

Mega Luvdisc can force some interesting mindgames its first turn out. Say it first comes in after a Landorus has KOed something. Landorus is faster the first turn, so the "safe" play would be to Protect and Mega Evolve so you can outspeed and hit with +1 Special Attack on turn 2. This strongly incentivizes your opponent to switch out to a Scarfer/strong priority user/special wall, and correctly predicting that and setting up a Sub or nailing the switch-in with the appropriate attack can be game-breaking. Voila! A Luvdisc that doesn't suck.

Mega Lunatone
Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate -> Tidal Pull (auto-Gravity on switch and evolution)
New Moves: Focus Blast, Thunder, Volt Switch

Atk: 55 -> 55
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpD: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Spe: 70 -> 80 (+10)

Mega Lunatone becomes a full moon, setting up Gravity and making it the perfect Mega if you want to build a team around abusing that field condition. Its 99.6% accurate Hypnosis under Gravity makes Compound Eyes Butterfree's look as accurate as Focus Blast (and has no Grass immunities). It's got the special Edgequake coverage and a few low-accuracy moves it can play around with in Gravity, but its main role will be going in and out providing support.

Last edited:
If you don't remeber, we already agreed to do this in the balance conversation - check page 4 where it was first mentioned (and you proposed Fire/Steel, not pure Fire), page 5 where I first brought up the pure Fire typing as well as flavor, and page 8 where I put forth the near-final concept, stats, typing, and all. I assumed like with most changes made then, whoever edited the doc had changed it and wouldn't reopen it. However since they did, I decided to reuse the idea that I initially came up with. Think before you accuse, because if anything, you are the one stealing ideas.

For the previous case, I had Strong Jaws Drapion written down since the start. Unless you feel like accusing me of being a mind reader or something. I too have had people steal my ideas as well ass make submissions very close to what I planned to do on multiple occasions, and I accepted that it happened without throwing a fit. I'll let nightsitter say what he thinks on this as a neutral party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)