Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do you know what 'flavor' means in this context
As long as it doesn't harshly contradict flavor, like Flash Fire Scizor or Sap Sipper Rhyperior, and isn't flat out broken, like Fur Coat Blissey or Prankster Smeargle, I would think there wouldn't be a problem. And in terms of lack of flavor, Mega Venusaur got Thick Fat and Mega Heracross got Skill Link, so if an ability contradicts flavor just a little bit, it should be fine.

As long as it doesn't harshly contradict flavor, like Flash Fire Scizor or Sap Sipper Rhyperior, and isn't flat out broken, like Fur Coat Blissey or Prankster Smeargle, I would think there wouldn't be a problem. And in terms of lack of flavor, Mega Venusaur got Thick Fat and Mega Heracross got Skill Link, so if an ability contradicts flavor just a little bit, it should be fine.
Of all the abilities that would fit both criteria well, Analytic is pretty low on the list when options like Prankster and Shadow Tag exist. Analytic is typically seen on pokemon assosciated with machinery or intelligence (with the exception of Hitmonchan)

Also Mega Venusaur is obese

Of all the abilities that would fit both criteria well, Analytic is pretty low on the list when options like Prankster and Shadow Tag exist. Analytic is typically seen on pokemon assosciated with machinery or intelligence (with the exception of Hitmonchan)

So that's what "flavor" means? Thanks for your example. I should try to find abilities that fits the "flavor" of Pokemon. Shadow tag Spiritomb makes sense because of how sneaky ghosts are.

So that's what "flavor" means? Thanks for your example. I should try to find abilities that fits the "flavor" of Pokemon. Shadow tag Spiritomb makes sense because of how sneaky ghosts are.
Essentially, flavor is how well something fits with the characterics, descriptions, visuals, etc. You definitely want something competively viable, but it's important that it stays fairly true to the theme of the pokemon (with a few exceptions). My advice would be read the Pokedex Descriptions and "Origins" of Pokemon on Bulbapedia to help provide some sort of inspiration when searching for abilities.

Valmanway

Not everything has to have flavor. I mean, look at Mega Forretress. Regenerator doesn't make sense on a bagworm of all things, yet people liked it. And then there's my idea of Mega Politoed getting Technician. What about Politoed makes him even remotely technical? Nothing, that's what, yet people liked it. So even if Analytic doesn't make sense on Spiritomb, it doesn't contradict flavor, and it makes Spiritomb better overall, so I don't see why Analytic Spiritomb is a problem.

Not everything has to have flavor. I mean, look at Mega Forretress. Regenerator doesn't make sense on a bagworm of all things, yet people liked it. And then there's my idea of Mega Politoed getting Technician. What about Politoed makes him even remotely technical? Nothing, that's what, yet people liked it. So even if Analytic doesn't make sense on Spiritomb, it doesn't contradict flavor, and it makes Spiritomb better overall, so I don't see why Analytic Spiritomb is a problem.
Because there are plenty of excellent options already that have massive amounts of flavor with Spiritomb and actually work well with Spiritomb's movepool and function as a whole.

Valmanway

Because there are plenty of excellent options already that have massive amounts of flavor with Spiritomb and actually work well with Spiritomb's movepool and function as a whole.
And that's fine, but you were acting like Analytic Spiritomb was a bad idea. There are better options out there, like Prankster or Shadow Tag, but if someone wants to do Analytic Spiritomb, there shouldn't be a problem. Besides, I rather like the idea of a tank that can hit back hard.

Finally, cant believe i missed this thread, great idea! Reading alot of post here!
Well I hope i can give many some cool ideas here, i'll try my best :0 I think im going to start off with just Hoenn pokemon for the first couple analysis!

Lets start off with my first pokemon with a mega........

Mega Mightyena
Typing: Dark
Ability: Fur Coat

Base stats: 70/90/70/60/60/70 *Original

Base stats: 70/120/90/70/80/90 *Mega

New moves: ???

With this terrible pokemon, giving how it gets intimidate pre mega evolving can be a very huge wall. weak stats overall but with that great new abilty, i think mightyena can finally hold its own. Dont kno if i should of added Slack off in the new moves as i dont kno if its flavored with it???

Valmanway

Finally, cant believe i missed this thread, great idea! Reading alot of post here!
Well I hope i can give many some cool ideas here, i'll try my best :0 I think im going to start off with just Hoenn pokemon for the first couple analysis!

Lets start off with my first pokemon with a mega........

Mega Mightyena
Typing: Dark
Ability: Fur Coat

Base stats: 70/90/70/60/60/70 *Original

Base stats: 70/120/90/70/80/90 *Mega

New moves: ???

With this terrible pokemon, giving how it gets intimidate pre mega evolving can be a very huge wall. weak stats overall but with that great new abilty, i think mightyena can finally hold its own. Dont kno if i should of added Slack off in the new moves as i dont kno if its flavored with it???
We're not submitting Mega Evolutions anymore. We have slates of Pokemon, and we make submissions for those Pokemon.

Wanted to do 3 but i'll add it later cuz im kinda new here. Anyway 2nd Hoenn pokemon!

Mega Chimecho
Typing: Psykic
Ability: *Healing Tone (When Brought to the field or upon mega evolution, plays a chime that heals all pokemon in your party including itself from status afflictions!)

Base stats: 65/50/70/95/80/65 *Original

Base stats: 65/60/90/120/110/80 *Mega

New moves:

It has access to recover/cosmic power which can be deadly, as well as rest. Imo this would be a very hard pokemon to take down.

~Send out, takes damage.
~Opponent switches and you use rest.
~You switch out and several turns later when you bring out chimecho again its wake from Slumber :0

Well Spiritomb looks kind of intelligent and it lives in a rock thing made by humans so I guess Analytic makes sense. Honestly even if it is a bit weird we have Mega Hitmonchan with Analytic which makes way less sense.

I think that it would be wise to give Mega Skuntank just a tiny boost to it's SpA so that it can better utilise it's STAB Acid Spray and Flamethrower.

Welp, because of reasons, I'm posting the results now:

HONCHKROW - Mega Mantine
Honchkrow (Honchkrowite)
Type: Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Insomnia, Super Luck (Moxie) -> Prankster
New Moves: Bulk Up, Memento

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 125 -> 135 (+10)
Def: 52 -> 72 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpD: 52 -> 72 (+20)
Spe: 71 -> 101 (+30)
BST: 505 -> 605

Murkrow gets Prankster... why shouldn't Honchkrow? Moxie is cool and all but with access to T-wave, Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot, Roost, CM Haze, Mean Look, Perish Song, Tailwind, Featherdance, and now Bulk Up... it can fill so many roles thanks to Prankster.

DRIFBLIM - Tie between zerobreaker000 and Valzy
Mega Drifblim
Typing: Ghost/Flying ----> Ghost/Flying
Abilities: Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost ----> Clear Sky (Cancels ongoing weather; prevents weather from starting as long as the ability wielder is on field.)
BST: 150/80/44/90/54/80 ----> 150/70/64/140/74/100
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Air Slash

Mega Drifblim is intended to be used against mostly slower weather starters and abusers. With the Clear Sky ability, opponents with abilities such as Chlorophyll, Swift Swim or Sand Force loses their use, and can greatly dent the strength of weather teams. Mega Drifblim possess decent bulk as well; allowing it to set up Nasty Plot. However, even with the bulk Mega Drifblim isn't exactly tankish, and can be taken down via powerful moves.

Mega Drifblim
Ghost/Flying -> Ghost/Flying
Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost -> Prankster
HP: 150 -> 150
Atk: 80 -> 80
Def: 44 -> 74 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 54 -> 84 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)
BST: 498 -> 598
Moves: +Recover

Mega Drifblim's ability Prankster makes him one of the best support Pokemon in the game. With spectacular bulk and access to an amazing movepool including Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Defog, Memento, Destiny Bond, and Disable, Mega Drifblim can wreck havoc on the opposing team. However, Drifblim does have his faults as his defensive typing is terrible, leaving him venerable to Dark, Ghost, Ice, Electric and Rock attacks, five very common attacking types

LOPUNNY - Valmanway
Mega Lopunny

Normal ----> Normal
Klutz / Cute Charm / Limber ----> Strong Legs, kick-based moves become 50% stronger
65 / 76 / 84 / 54 / 96 / 105 (480) ----> 65 / 121 (+45) / 94 (+10) / 74 (+20) / 106 (+10) / 125 (+20) (580)
New Moves: Mega Kick, High Jump Kick, and Blaze Kick

Mega Lopunny has a pretty straightforward increase of stats, but what makes her unique is her access to her new ability, Strong Legs, which makes kicking moves 50% stronger. With Mega Kick, High Jump Kick, and Blaze Kick added to compliment the new ability, on top of a blistering base 125 Speed and a not-too-shabby base 121 Attack, Mega Lopunny can easily bring the pain for offensive teams, and Fake Out can provide a free turn to Mega Evolve while also providing offensive momentum. Defensive and stall teams can still take her on, and she only has Work Up and Power-Up Punch to raise her Attack, so she generally has a disadvantage against teams that have some form of bulk.

Gastrodon - Rosenfeldius
Mega Gastrodon
Type: Water/Ground >>> Water/Ground
Abilities: Sticky Hold/Storm Drain/Sand Force >>> Regenerator
Stats: 111/83/68/92/82/39 >>> 111/103(+20)/88(+20)/132(+40)/112(+30)/29(-10)
Moves: +Hydro Pump, +Gastro Acid
Diamond Pokedex Entry - "It has a pliable body without any bones. If any part of its body is torn off, it grows right back."

When someone takes the term "bulky attacker" too far, this is the result. Don't let that innocent looking face and flappy ear-things fool you, as Mega Gastrodon can be one of the most difficult and rage-inducing pokemon to clear the field of. With stupendous 111/88/112 mixed defenses and reliable recovery to boot, without a powerful grass-type STAB, this thing is not going down easily. To add insult to injury, Mega Gastrodon can now recover 1/3 of his HP by simply switching out, increasing his longevity tenfold and even freeing up his movepool. In the past, Gastrodon suffered from a bit of 4MSS, but with Recover no longer being necessary, this relieves huge amounts of pressure from the slug. He how has the liberty of running a fully offensive set consisting of Scald/Hydro Pump, Earth Power, Ice Beam, and Sludge Wave, if you so wished, or a tank set of Scald, Earth Power, Ice Beam, and Toxic. Hell, he can even run a decent curse set, but his is more due to his increased overall bulk rather than ability. Even MIRROR COAT isn't out of the question. The point is, his coverage options are no longer limited to Recover, Toxic, and two attacks. If you don't have a powerful grass type on your side, may the bebe jeesus have mercy on your soul, as taking this guy down will be a living nightmare.

That being said, Mega Gastrodon is not without his faults. He's still walled to hell and back by Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn, and he sacrifices a water immunity for the sake of passive recovery, so RestTalk Mega Gyarados has no difficulty plowing his way through his lower Defense stat. Gastrodon also will gain quite a bit of weight upon Mega Evolving, so Mega Infernape and LO Greninja's Grass Knots are going to to a number on poor Mega Gastro. Do not fear, however -- provided you have the proper checks to Gastrodon's counters, this thing will never let you down.

Just for the love of god and all that is holy make sure you have the proper checks:

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gastrodon: 472-556 (110.7 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Against non-grass types, it's important to have the proper idea of how he functions there as well. Let's play out a scenario against one of OUs greatest offensive powerhouses, Latios:

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gastrodon: 288-340 (67.6 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Oh no, I've lost almost 3/4 of my HP, what is a slug to do?

4 SpA Mega Gastrodon Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 152-180 (50.3 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Well, that's not too bad, but I've still only got a fourth of my HP. If I stay in I'll faint. Hang on...

*aggressively switches out*

Ha HA, fuck YOU Latios! Gastrodon now has over half his health back, and Latios is stuck with being Choice locked into Draco Meteor with -2 SAtk. So do you know what this means?

FREE SWITCHES. MY FAVORITE.

You could, of course, switch into another pokemon, or send out Mega Gastrodon again and either attack or do a double switch and have almost all of your HP again, all without using Recover once. It's nice to have options, isn't it?

Just for the sake of being informed, let's see some calcs against Mega Gastrodon using his old most-popular set, Physically Defensive:

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gastrodon: 162-192 (38 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gastrodon: 297-351 (69.7 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (holy shit)
4 SpA Gastrodon Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 284-336 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (fuck you Charizard)

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 217-256 (50.9 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Gastrodon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 258-306 (84.8 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 277-327 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Praise based Gastrodon. Gastrodon for Ubers. Gastrodon is love.

And this brings us up to the next bunch of submissions: Purugly, Stuntank, Bronzong, and Spiritomb. Have fun with it!

Mega Skuntank:
Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Dark
Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Unaware. (It’s Unaware of it’s disgusting smell).
103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/120/90/71/91/104
Slack Off, Ice Fang, Swords Dance.

Overview: (Prepared this ages ago so there is a bit of an essay).
Mega Skuntank takes the title of the Ultimate ‘Fk You!’ to Baton Pass teams. All the opposition can do by boosting their stats is make Skuntank stronger as he abuses his STAB Foul Play and Punishment. Dark typing gives Skuntank an immunity to Stored Power, again destroying the use of full BP, while poison typing allows Skuntank neutrality to Sylveon’s Pixilate / Hyper Voice. The only standard Baton Passer that can hit Skuntank super effectively is Scolipede carrying Earthquake (very rare for Scoli to carry EQ but it happens), which still fails to 2HKO Skuntank. Skuntank can also choose to carry Roar or Haze to further screw over Baton Pass teams. (Because Espeon does not want to switch into Skuntank’s dark STABs and therefore can’t deflect Roar/Haze).

Skuntank also serves as one of the best Defoggers in the game. Skuntank holds a reasonably fast Defog and doesn’t give a flying fuck about Bisharp and Thundurus. At +2 Thundurus is OHKOd by Foul play whilst Bisharp is 2HKOd. Either way the point is that neither defiant user can beat Skuntank 1 on 1 and Skuntank actually appreciates their Defiant boost. Plus with Unaware, 103/90/91 bulk, only 1 weakness and reliable recovery, Skuntank can stay around long enough to Defog multiple times throughout the match and finds plenty of switch in and Defog opportunities.

But it doesn’t end there. Skuntank retains his ability to be a beastly pursuit trapper and will leave some serious dents if you can’t control it. With 120 base Atk and Swords Dance Skuntank can hit hard and has strong priority in STAB Sucker Punch. He has also been blessed this gen with access to Play Rough, allowing him to hit fighting types which would have otherwise given him a hard time in the past. He also gains Ice Fang which hits the many pokemon with 4x weaknesses to Ice, as well as allowing Skuntank to fight back against various ground types who can hit Skuntank for super effective damage.

Overall Mega-SkunTANK is a beast with an extraordinary level of versatility, great typing, solid stat distribution and an epic movepool including moves such as Defog, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Slack Off, Swords Dance, Play Rough, Foul Play, Taunt, Roar and many more. Skuntank can act as a strong set-up sweeper, an epic defogger, a dangerous pursuit trapper, and a great check to many foes as well as an entire play style (full baton pass). Skuntank’s biggest flaw is possibly that he is too versatile and however it can fulfill a lot of roles, it is hard for it to do everything you want it to do with just one set, giving Skuntank possibly THE worst cases of 4MSS.

And yes... by my standards that is an essay. :/

Mega Bronzong
Steel / Psychic -----> Steel / Psychic
Levitate / Heatproof / Heavy Metal -----> Drizzle
67/89/116/79/116/33 -----> 67/104/136/129/136/23
New Moves: Thunder, Soak, Baton Pass.

Overview:
However not the best typing it fits and isn’t worth changing. As for Drizzle...
“It can summon rain clouds. People long ago revered it as the bringer of plentiful harvests.”
“It brought rains by opening portals to another world. It was revered as a bringer of plentiful harvests.”
“In ages past, this Pokémon was revered as a bringer of rain.”
I know that without it’s stone the rain isn’t gonna last long, so I tried to boost Bronzong’s SpA stat and gave it Thunder so that it could attempt to hurt stuff with it’s rain. I also gave it a slow Baton Pass so that it could keep momentum while setting up rain for a short time and tank a hit to bring in a rain sweeper safely. In lowering it’s speed and boosting it’s attack a bit I guess Bronzong’s Gyro Ball is a lot stronger now? Lastly I figured if it’s raining heavily, shit is gonna soaked, so Soak is there mainly for flavor but if you wanna have some fun, Soak + Thunder ftw.

Mega Bronzong
Steel/Psychic -> Steel/Psychic
Levitate/Heatproof/(Heavy Metal) -> Dimensional Warp (Auto Trick Room Ability)
67/89/116/79/116/33 -> 67/129/146/89/146/23
Moves: Volt Switch, Recover

Dimensional Warp was an ability given to Reuniclus and if there's any Pokemon that screams Trick Room as much as Reuniclus is Bronzong. So, that's why Bronzong's like that. It's different because Bronzong is more of a tank than Reuniclus is and focuses on attack rather than special attack.

Here's another instance of bringing one of my old favorite OU Pokemon back to OU by making it more Trick Room-y. It's a lot more bulky now and a lot physically stronger. Time for all of your Gyro Balls! Recover is there because it could use some recovery and so many other Pokemon get it (I can remove it later if it's deemed too strong). I gave it Volt Switch to give it momentum for switching out to another Trick Room sweeper (But be warned that it has to be able to survive one attack from the opponent since Bronzong's definitely going first)

I could have more to say but I don't have time for it.

Spiritomb (Spiritite)
Type: Ghost/Dark → Ghost/Dark
Ability: Pressure (Infiltrator) → Prankster
Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35 (485) → 50/122/133/122/133/25 (585)
New Moves: +Slack Off, +Parting Shot, +Stealth Rock

“It (Spiritomb) is also based on a Buddhist tradition performed on New Year's Eve in Japan. A bell is rung 108 times to chase away the 108 temptations in order to achieve Nirvana.” -Bulbapedia

Spiritomb, one of the coolest Pokemon aesthetically and story-wise, but it’s just lackluster competitively. Why use this over any other Ghost or Dark type, or even over it’s Prankster-abusing Ghost/Dark cousin, Sableye? Well here’s the reason: Mega Spiritomb. With a whopping 585 BST, stellar defenses, nice attack stats, and a plethora of new moves to abuse it’s new ability, Prankster, Mega Spiritomb puts Sableye in it’s grave (Pun intended).

Flavor time! Slack Off? Why Slack Off? Well, the answer is in the quote above you! Spiritomb is based on a Buddhist tradition where a bell is rung to chase away the 108 temptations, which also resemble Spiritomb. Laziness is definitely a temptation, so naturally, Spiritomb gets Slack Off. Stealth Rock is a guilty add of mine, but to be fair, it lives in a rock. Parting Shot is a verbal threat to the opponent, a Dark move indeed, and Spiritomb just looks like the kind of guy to tell you to FUDGE OFF! As for Prankster, read this quote: “It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief.” -HG/SS Pokedex. Need I say more? It’s a mischievous little beast isn’t it?

Finally, how will this affect the metagame? Mega Spiritomb will definitely make a splash in OU, like a Sableye on steroids. Will-o-Wisping Garchomp, Mega Mawile, Bisharp, etc., Taunting Mega Venusaur and Chansey, and even being used as a pivot with Parting Shot! For the most part, Mega Spiritomb is a status master with a bite to it (Sorry Sableye), abusing it’s nice status movepool, while having the essential attacking moves (Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, etc.).

I'm very proud of my creation, please consider me for best Spiritomb! :D

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Spiritomb (Spiritite)
Type: Ghost/Dark → Ghost/Dark
Ability: Pressure (Infiltrator) → Prankster
Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35 (485) → 50/122/133/122/133/25 (585)
New Moves: +Slack Off, +Parting Shot, +Stealth Rock

“It (Spiritomb) is also based on a Buddhist tradition performed on New Year's Eve in Japan. A bell is rung 108 times to chase away the 108 temptations in order to achieve Nirvana.” -Bulbapedia

Spiritomb, one of the coolest Pokemon aesthetically and story-wise, but it’s just lackluster competitively. Why use this over any other Ghost or Dark type, or even over it’s Prankster-abusing Ghost/Dark cousin, Sableye? Well here’s the reason: Mega Spiritomb. With a whopping 585 BST, stellar defenses, nice attack stats, and a plethora of new moves to abuse it’s new ability, Prankster, Mega Spiritomb puts Sableye in it’s grave (Pun intended).

Flavor time! Slack Off? Why Slack Off? Well, the answer is in the quote above you! Spiritomb is based on a Buddhist tradition where a bell is rung to chase away the 108 temptations, which also resemble Spiritomb. Laziness is definitely a temptation, so naturally, Spiritomb gets Slack Off. Stealth Rock is a guilty add of mine, but to be fair, it lives in a rock. Parting Shot is a verbal threat to the opponent, a Dark move indeed, and Spiritomb just looks like the kind of guy to tell you to FUDGE OFF! As for Prankster, read this quote: “It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief.” -HG/SS Pokedex. Need I say more? It’s a mischievous little beast isn’t it?

Finally, how will this affect the metagame? Mega Spiritomb will definitely make a splash in OU, like a Sableye on steroids. Will-o-Wisping Garchomp, Mega Mawile, Bisharp, etc., Taunting Mega Venusaur and Chansey, and even being used as a pivot with Parting Shot! For the most part, Mega Spiritomb is a status master with a bite to it (Sorry Sableye), abusing it’s nice status movepool, while having the essential attacking moves (Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, etc.).

I'm very proud of my creation, please consider me for best Spiritomb! :D
While I like your idea, I would like to point out that we already have 3 ghost types with Prankster: Sableye, Mega Bannete and Mega Drifblim. These Pokemon all have somewhat similar movepools and I don't really think we need another Pokemon with Prankster

While I like your idea, I would like to point out that we already have 3 ghost types with Prankster: Sableye, Mega Bannete and Mega Drifblim. These Pokemon all have somewhat similar movepools and I don't really think we need another Pokemon with Prankster
Banette: Only Average bulk, a not-so-useful massive Atk stat, and mono-Ghost typing.
Sableye: ...No. Mine outclasses Sableye in every way, tbqh. Better EVERYTHING. The only thing is no
Mega Drifblim: Much better HP, but it's defenses resemble Banette's. Weak to SR, but not susceptable to Spikes. However, does have Defog and Thunder Wave, I'll give you that. Not trashing your mega, really like it. :)
All: No Stealth Rock or Parting Shot, can't/shouldn't be mixed offensively.

Your points seem invalid to me. I see no problem with my mega being similar, it has moves and stats that set it apart. No offense to you in any way Valzy.

Skuntank

Dark/Poison → Dark/Poison

Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye(hidden) → Overcoat

103/93/67/71/61/84 (479) ---> 103/110(+17)/80(+13)/91(+20)/81(+20)/114(+30)

Pretty simple across the board stats increase. Good bulk and speed with a decent attack makes Skuntank a decent threat. Overcoat is not a great ability, but it gives M-Skuntank a few more switch-in opportunities and and makes some sense with Skuntank's tail protecting its face.

Bronzong

Steel/Psychic –> Steel

Levivtate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal(hidden) → Levitate

67/89/116/79/116/33 (500) → 67/100(+11)/150(+34)/100(+21)/150(+34)/33 (600)

+Recover

Bronzong, like many before it, seems like it should be a defensive based Pokemon by is let down by mediocre HP and no instant recovery. With huge increases to both its defenses, the Leviate ability it inherits from its regular form, the loss of its unnecessary Psychic secondary typing and a new recovery move in Recover, Bronzong becomes a much better defensive Pokemon that could wall either side. A modest increases to its offenses also allows it to hit decently hard even with no investment

Purugly

Normal → Normal/Dark

Thick Fat/Own Tempo/Defiant (hidden) → Intimidate

71/82/64/64/59/112 (452) → 71/132(+50)/75(+11)/64/70(+11)/140(+28). (552)

+Superpower

Purugly, the Gen V version of Persian. Like its cousin, Purugly isn't exactly what one would call “good” competitively thanks to its mediocre attack and terrible bulk. Well M-Purugly is still going to have pretty atrocious bulk unless you put pretty much all of its stat increases into its defenses, so let's instead put most of them into attack and speed. The dark secondary typing comes from Purugly being known in the Pokemon universe as kind of a jerk and intimidate comes from its Pokedex entries mentioning that it cinches its tail around its waist in order to look bigger. Superpower is a pretty common coverage move.

Wow, I actually won one slate :D

Mega Skuntank
Typing: Poison/Dark ----> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Analytic
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/99/90/110/116/61
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Nasty Plot

With Drapion being physical bulky, I have Mega Skuntank to be the complete opposite. Analytic helps with the medicore 110 Sp.Atk, and Nasty Plot helps too. with a 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def spread, Mega Gardevoir's Moonblast doesn't even do enough to 2HKO, and with 252+ Sp. Atk Mega Skuntank can OHKO back with Sludge Wave. Mega Skuntank is not exceptionally bulky, however, and can still die to strong enough attacks.

Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic ----> Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal ----> Filter
BST: 67/89/116/79/116/33 ----> 67/119/138/91/162/23
New Moves: Brick Break, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split

A straight upgrade over the normal Bronzong, Mega Bronzong possesses better defenses and an increased Atk to at least let it deal some damage in return. Will-O-Wisp helps with its lower Defense stat, and Pain Split gives Bronzong at least some form of recovery, however unreliable it might be. Brick Break is kind of there for an alternative of attacking moves.

Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark ----> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator ----> Tough Claws
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 ----> 50/139/143/105/123/35
New Moves: Superpower, Stone Edge, Bulk Up

Basic idea is Spiritomb sprouts arms from the keystone and claws the heck out of everything. I would've gave it Shadow Claw, but oh well, the 3 moves limit, plus the fact that Sucker Punch pretty much already outclasses it. Superpower and Stone Edge are both coverage moves, with Bulk Up to boost Mega Spiritomb's Atk and Def. With 252+ Atk, an unboosted Shadow Sneak would OHKO Mega Gardevoir, and a +1 Stone Edge will make a dent in Azumarill. However, Mega Spiritomb doesn't really have that much power when unboosted, and it's incredibly slow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)