Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Celebi, this is my current mock-up:

Mega Celebi (Celebite)
Typing: Grass/Psychic --> Grass/Fairy
Ability: Natural Cure --> Magic Guard
Movepool Additions: +Moonblast, ??
Stat Increases: +30 SpA, +40 SpD, +30 Spe

I was thinking something along the lines of a Calm Mind sweeper or a Specially Defensive tank, two niches that Celebi has previously loved to enjoy. Magic Guard helps with the longevity, allowing hazard and status damage to become a thing of the past. The new typing leaves Celebi with an unfortunate quadruple weakness to Poison-type attacks in exchange for newfound neutrality to Fire and Bug.

I would really appreciate some comments/suggestions in order to make this more effective and viable.
Wow you didn't wait two bloody seconds lol

Raichu

Raichu

Typing: Electric -----> Electric
Abilities: Static / Lightning Rod -----> Electricate (creates a Substitute upon switch-in or Mega Evolution)
BST: 60/90/55/90/80/110 -----> 60/115/75/115/100/120
New Moves: Extreme Speed

Poor Raichu. The evolution of the most famous Pokemon, but without all the benefits; Light Ball Pikachu unfortunately outclasses it in nearly every way. GF seems bent on getting us to forget that Pikachu ever even had an evolution. Luckily for it, the induction of a Mega Evolution, currently only given to fully-evolved Pokemon, gives it some hope of peeking out of its pre-evolution's shadow. In this case, Raichu becomes stronger (and faster) than Light Ball Pikachu, with 115/115/120 offenses. Electricate gives it a 132-BP physical Electric STAB in Return factoring in the ability boost--stronger than Volt Tackle but without the recoil. Extreme Speed provides priority, both boosted by its ability and STAB. On the special side, Thunder/Thunderbolt are still perfectly good STAB options. On the flip side of the coin, however, 60/75/100 defenses means that Mega Raichu won't be surviving much. Relying on Electric STAB also is rather risky, given the prevalence of Ground-types in the metagame. Finally, while rather powerful with Electricate, Raichu still doesn't pack the punch of fellow Pixilate clone users, like Mega-Gardevoir and Mega-Pinsir. It makes up for this with its mixed capabilities and great speed. Raichu has long been left on the wayside in favor of its pre-evolution, but perhaps now is the time for it to step into the spotlight.

Celebi

Celebi

Typing: Grass/Psychic -----> Grass/Psychic
Abilities: Natural Cure -----> Gardener (Summons Grassy Terrain upon switch-in)
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -----> 100/130/130/130/130/80
New Moves: Grassy Terrain

Anyone who's watched the Celebi movies knows about its forest powers. This Mega focuses on that ability, its role as a protector of nature, the voice of the forests. First off is its improved defenses, sporting a nice 100/130/130 bulk. This comes at the cost of some Speed, in exchange for Celebi being better able to take hits. It also gets a small boost to its offenses, raising each to a decent 130. Now, for a legendary, especially a Mega, this may all seem a bit underwhelming. That is, however, until one takes a look at its ability. Gardener summons Grassy Terrain upon switch-in for 5 turns, helping Celebi in a few ways. Firstly, it provides some nice passive healing while it is in effect, helpful for a Pokemon with Celebi's bulk. Secondly, it boosts the power of Grass-type moves by 1.5x. This means both its physical and special Grass-type attacks will be coming off of a whopping 195 Attack/Special Attack stat while Grassy Terrain is in effect--stronger than Mega Mewtwo Y. With this, Celebi will really be able to live up to its role as protector of the forest, ripping through anything that doesn't resist Grass-type attacks--that's just what keeps it in check, though. Yes, with Grassy Terrain, Celebi does indeed have amazingly powerful Grass-type attacks, but only Grass-type attacks get the boost, and as we all know, Grass isn't exactly the best offensive typing. There are plenty of things in OU that can resist these moves with ease. Additionally, while 100/130/130 bulk is nice, Grass/Psychic typing isn't nearly as good defensively. Sporting weaknesses to common types like Fire and Dark, Celebi will face some trouble against more common threats it would like. However, when played correctly and with some team support, Celebi can be a great force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Raichu-Mega
Type: Electric
Stats: 60/90/55/90/80/110>>>60/140/55/140/80/110
Ability:Static/Lightningrod>>>Pixilate
Movepool: +Extremespeed(level up) +Surf(level up) +Shadow Ball
The stats focus on its capabilities to be a mixed attacker
Pixilate is justified by part of Pikachu's name being derived from the Japanese onomotapeoa for sparkling
He alrady got extremespeed and surf through event and shadow ball is a generic coverage move that a lot of pokemon get for no reason

Quagsire:
Type: Same
Ability: Water Absorb/Damp/Unaware -------> Adaptability
Stats: 95/85/85/65/65/35 -------> 95/135 (+50)/95 (+10)/65/105 (+50)/25 (-10)
New Moves: Head Smash

Now a lot of people will say that this will likely never work. Now, it was a bit troublesome to do, but I did find a way. To avoid Mega Quag becoming the next Mega-Luke, I avoided giving it priority and lowering it's speed. A new feature about Mega Quag is that he can tank on both sides, making both offensive and defensive sets pretty decent possibilities. Adaptability is because Quag's origin has adapted over time (Though I can't remember it's name). Head Smash is because flavor. (Though Rock Head would be sort of a better ability, but ehhh)

Raichu:
Type: Same
Ability: Static/Lightningrod ------> Fast Generate (Eletric-type Gale Wings)
Stats: 60/90/55/90/80/110 ------> 60/95 (+5)/75 (+20)/115 (+25)/115 (+25)/135 (+25)
New Moves: Surf and Extremespeed are now available outside of events

While this may seem a bit odd (Essentially being a stronger and slightly bulkier special Talonflame), it does have niches over it's competition. Unlike Thundurus (Which IMO gives my Mega-Raichu the most competition), it's STABs have priority and not just Thunder Wave and the like. Surf really helps Raichu as it allows him to beat a lot of Ground-types (Though he does have to rely on Grass Knot for some of them (Which only really includes Gastrodon IIRC, so it's not really necessary), and ExtremeSpeed is Raichu's only really notable priority. Mega Raichu has a niche in priority Nuzzle, which while weak, is essentially a Thunder Wave that isn't blocked by Taunt (Though this may be pointless, who knows). It also can beat a lot of the Flying-types found in the regular metagame. I just gave random stat distributions aside from Speed, which makes it outspeed a couple more Pokemon it couldn't outspeed before.

These aren't the best, but I at least tried making them a bit different in a way.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Machamp

Fighting ----> Fighting
Guts / No Guard / Steadfast ----> Iron Fist
90 / 130 / 80 / 65 / 85 / 55 (505) ----> 90 / 160 (+30) / 105 (+25) / 85 (+20) / 110 (+25) / 55 (605)
New Moves: Drain Punch and Mach Punch

Mega Machamp is built with power and bulk in mind, as he can tank a hit or two, power up with Bulk Up, and either sweep with Mach Punch or heal off damage with Drain Punch, both of which are powered up further by Iron Fist. His Special Attack is also now usable, so if one wishes to run Fire Blast for whatever reason, the option's viable now. His Attack is also high enough to fire off immediately threatening attacks, and Iron Fist further powers up the elemental punches as well, providing powerful coverage.

I went ahead and decided to finalize the concept. Let me know what you think!
New Stat Spread: 100/100/100/130/140/130
Movepool Additions: +Moonblast

Explanation
Looking at the stat spread may make one hesitant of this concept, but there are several key ideas at play.

Celebi's new typing of Grass/Fairy gives it an unfortunate quadruple Poison weakness, but this comes with the great newfound neutrality to Fire, Bug, Ghost, and Dark attacks; all in all, the new typing allows Celebi to use its roles more effectively.

The stat spread amplifies those purposes I just mentioned; Celebi has always been seen either using Calm Mind to pose a strong offensive threat or using its solid stats and access to Leech Seed to be a Specially Defensive behemoth. By simultaneously increasing both Special Attack and Special Defense through the new stat spread, Celebi can now fulfill both of those roles at an even higher potential. Equally important, we cannot ignore the extreme threat that is Nasty Plot; Nasty Plot allows Celebi to skyrocket its Special Attack and make it a gigantic threat very quickly, especially combined with the new Mega traits.

The new speed tier is also important, having the ability of outspeeding all non-Choiced Dragon-types (not including Mega forms created as a part of this project) and make even more use of the new Fairy typing.

Magic Guard helps Mega Celebi even more, increasing longevity by preventing status and hazard damage. Magic Guard also allows Mega Celebi to support the team by switching into an expected Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, preventing the crippling of another.

Example Set
Celebi @ Celebite
Ability: Natural Cure (Magic Guard)
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Psychic / Earth Power / Recover

Nasty Plot is self-explanatory. Giga Drain compliments Celebi's longevity through its ability and stats, recovering its lost HP while doing very respectable damage. Moonblast is a high-powered STAB move that will not fail to dent your opponent. Finally, the last slot is open to a few options; Psychic hits those Poison-types that threaten you hard, while Earth Power destroys the Fire and/or Steel Pokémon that resist your STAB move(s). Recover can also be used to further increase Celebi's staying time.

Last edited:
Why do I never win?
Kingler(Kinglite)
Type: Water/Rock
55/130/115/50/50/75---->55/150/125/50/100/95
Ability:Immunity
New Moves: Stone Edge
Concept: Kingler is a crab, and crabs have shells. End of story.

Raichu (Raichite)
Type: Electric/Fairy
60/90/55/90/80/100
Ability: Plus
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast

Right off the bat, I get to find two Celebi entries that perks my interest. One that has the Litwick avatar, and the one with the Zweilous avatar. So here are my analysis for both of your Mega Celebis.

The Litwick's Mega Celebi:

Hmmmm. Grass/Psychic Grassy Terrain Mega Celebi is correct flavor wise and ability wise. Truly wonderful. But the stat distribution gives me a little nudge of doubt despite the legitimate stat drop. Question is, could those boosts be enough for old school Poke-Link to be OU again in a generation where excaliburs and Dirty fighting pokemon roam around? The other thing that concerns me is the ability's naming too. It just sounds like a Mega Grass Type ability name that will fit Shaymin better. Gardener? Shaymin kinda fits that ability name better than Celebi. Something a bit more Forest-y name could improve the auto-Grassy Terrain summon ability. But the purpose is already legit enough. As for what kind of look it may have, if it sacrifices some speed, it better look like wearing some heavy wooden armor. OR if you want draw something close to Pokemon 4Ever Movie, we need a design from the wooden monster Celebi did not mean to summon. (If daring enough, a small design where one can see the Mask Marauder's corpse with blood stains as an act of nature's Gaia Vengance to humanity's crimes. An impossible option.)

Versus

The Zweilous's Mega Celebi:

New Stat Spread: 100/100/100/130/140/130
Movepool Additions: +Moonblast

Finally someone answers my pleas to make one of my favorite legendaries part-fairy type. As much as I love Celebi's old typing that remained strong, she needs a fairy type to modernize her theme (same goes for Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, and Victini) to overcome their dreaded dark type weakness. Unfortunately, just like the one above in terms of stat distribution, it could drastically force OU to always carry either Chansey and Blissey just to stop her Special Attack vengance (notably the Nasty Plot distribution). But what can fortunately balance it is the 100 based defense. Had it learned will-o-wisp, she could end up being the next Mega Gengar in terms of unpredictability of roles. Magic Guard actually fits for her too competitively. Flavor wise, it is rather ok. But I expect something better. But simply, I want Celebi's Mega to be a Grass / Fairy type pokemon. No more, no less.

Celebi
Type: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Pacifistic Aura (reduces power of moves by 20%)
100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 (600) ----> 100 / 110 / 130 / 110 / 130 / 120 (700)
+Grassy Terrain +Grass Whistle +Flower Shield

Almost all of Celebi's entries focus on three things: it can grow plants, it travels through time and it appears in only times of peace. I felt that the former two were easily expressed in its typing, so I added this ability to represent the latter. It's stat distribution also expresses this bulkiness (in fact, thanks to the lack of item and Pacifism, regular Celebi will always out damage Mega-Celebi). Now it's a much better supporter (without the sad typing of Grass/Psychic) that doesn't fear U-Turn and Knock Off. It also has a pretty nice speed tier that helps it support. The added move pool is mostly flavor (55% accuracy isn't getting you anywhere).

It does have flaws, of course. It now has weakness to Poison and Steel. It's defensive stats without Pacifism aren't amazing for a Mega, so Mold Breaker is dangerous. And finally, it has no way to removes status without Heal Bell. Since it's an Aura you really don't want to face Zygarde.

Last edited:
Ok, so 1st of all grats to Clapyourhands, which was my #1 choice for Smeargle.

Second of all. I usually don't complain about winning megas, but I have to say I find that mega-Entei quite meh: it's nothing but an improved version of Arcanine, and from the mega-form of a legendary pokemon I'd expect more.

Finally, here are my submissions for MEGA-MACHAMP and MEGA-KINGLER

Mega Machamp (Machampite)
Typing: Fighting ------> Fighting
Abilities: Guts/No Guard/Steadfast ------> Defeatist
Stats: 90/130/80/65/85/55 ------> 90/170/80/65/85/115
New Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch

Description

Mega-Machamp has done a specific training for years: once that it figured out its main problem was the pitiful speed stats, it focused on it and it brought it to a brand new level. It also mastered the art of punching, learning two useful new moves for recover and priority. Drain Punch will be definitely usefuly to Mega-Machamp, 'cause all of that training has been too much even for his amazing body: if Mega-Machamp is not in a perfect shape, its body would suddenly lose power, and so gaining back HP is now as crucial as it never was.

THREATS
Everything faster than Mega-Machamp can easily attack it for first and, since it doesn't improve its defense at all, lower its HP up to the "danger zone" (example: Alakazam/Mega-Alakazam).

Mega Kingler (Kinglerite)
Typing: Water ------> Water
Abilities: Hyper Cutter/Sheer Force/Shell Armor ------> Tough Claws
Stats: 55/130/115/50/50/75 ------> 55/160/125/50/80/105
New Moves: Cross Poison

Description

Mega-Kingler has born to have that ability. It can't simply be any different: who else has a Claw that is so amazingly tough?! As Mega-Machamp, Kingler has improved mainly its attack and its speed, so finally it doesn't need a scarf to outspeed everything that is not a wall! Crabhammer, Knock Off, Superpower, X-Scissor, all gain a crucial boost, that makes Mega-Kingler and its gigantic Claw scary as shit. Cross Poison is a move with so much flavor on it, alongside a useful coverage move against Grass and Fairy types.

THREATS
Kingler still isn't the fastest pokemon in the world. It has improved its SpDef, but its HP stats is so pitiful that still Mega-Kingler is quite weak from that defensive side. And having no priority move, everything faster is 100% sure to outspeed.

Last edited:
Well, glad you guys like my Blissey (TANK BLISSEY A GO GO!)

Here's something for you to consider for Raichu:

Mega Raichu
Electric -> Electric
Static/(Lightning Rod) -> Determinator (Raises Attack and Special Attack by 50% when at third health)
60/90/55/90/80/110 -> 60/125/65/125/90/120
Moves: (NEW EVENTS: Fusion Bolt, Extreme Speed, Play Rough, Swords Dance on one event, AND Fusion Flare, Surf, Moonblast, Nasty Plot on another)

My thought of this is that the evolution of THE mascot of Pokemon should have a kickass Mega. That's why I made it what it is. It isn't TOO kickass, but if you can survive enough to get the ability to activate then that's just swell.

I figured Pikachu gets all the events so there are extreme events for the Mega Raichu we all want giving it just what it needs. Let's call it the Legendary Pikachu events. Now it has physical STAB that won't give it recoil, but it's less accurate and less powerful, but, hey, it's more useful when you want to be at a third health. The special set, I just wanted to match the physical set. So that's why it doesn't have electric STAB, but hey you can always teach it Thunderbolt.I wanted to make Mega Raichu a little bit OP. I'll admit it. Vote for it if you like Raichu/think the mascot's evolution should be fine. I don't know if the movepool additions will be allowed, but considering that the one moveset is COMPLETELY illegal with the other, it should be fine...maybe. Like, it has 5 new moves, but in reality, it's only like 2.5 moves...

I just wanted to make Raichu kind of op to give it a better reason to be used over Pikachu (right now it has less power, but more speed than it, now when it's at 1/3 health it's definitely more powerful)

Type: Electric -----> Electric/Normal
Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod -----> Lightning Rod
New Moves: Heat Wave, Extreme Speed (by level-up)

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Def: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 80 -> 85 (+5)
Spe: 110 -> 130 (+20)
BST: 485 -> 585

Flavor Concept: Normal type because it’s just a fucking rat. Heat Wave because its Ruby Dex entry states that “scorched patches of ground will be found near this Pokémon's nest.”

Competitive Concept: STAB Fake Out+Extreme Speed is an incredibly threatening combination. Mega Raichu can also maintain momentum with Volt Switch or use the coverage provided by Heat Wave and HP Ice to sweep with solid mixed attacking stats. It would be very underwhelming without FO+ES, so it should almost always be used as revenge killer. But Nuzzle is also a cool move.

Type: Fighting -----> Fighting
Abilities: Guts/No Guard/Steadfast -----> Flurry (Parental Bond clone that only works on punch moves)
New Moves: None

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 130 -> 140 (+10)
Def: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpA: 65 -> 100 (+35)
SpD: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Spe: 55 -> 75 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Most of its Pokedex entries state that it can fire off multiple punches at once, so I designed an ability that reflects that and (hopefully) is pretty balanced.

Competitive Concept: DAMN this thing is powerful. I thoroughly considered giving it Mach Punch, but decided that a set of Power-Up Punch/Mach Punch/Bullet Punch/Fire Punch would be far too overpowered. However, it is still a major threat with Steel-Type priority and excellent all-around coverage. Mega Machamp could be a metagame defining threat, even without Mach Punch.

Type: Water -----> Water
Abilities: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor/Sheer Force -----> Sheer Force
New Moves: Icicle Crash

HP: 55 -> 55
Atk: 130 -> 190 (+60)
Def: 115 -> 115
SpA: 50 -> 50
SpD: 50 -> 70 (+20)
Spe: 75 -> 95 (+20)
BST: 475 -> 575

Flavor Concept: Kingler learns Icicle Crash because it can already learn two Ice-type attacks, but they’re both special.

Competitive Concept: Mega Kingler just SCREAMS Agility sweeper. With Sheer Force and powerful coverage in Crabhammer, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, and X-Scissor, it can break the toughest of physical walls. However, its awkward stat distribution leaves it vulnerable to special attacks and in an “almost-there” speed tier.

Type: Water/Ground -----> Water/Ground
Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb/Unaware -----> Carefree (This Pokemon is not affected by anything upon switch in. That includes attack moves, status moves, hazards, and weather)
New Moves: None

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Def: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpA: 65 -> 65
SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Spe: 35 -> 35

Flavor Concept: Quagsire is known to “not care if it bumps its head into boats or rocks while swimming.” As a result, it doesn’t care about anything on the turn it switches in.

Competitive Concept: Mega Quagsire takes a very different role from its normal counterpart, no longer being a full-stop to set-up sweepers. On the contrary, its new mega evolution is much bulkier and completely immune to hazards. Additionally, the ability further eases switching and prediction by rendering it immune to annoying moves like Toxic and Whirlwind, as well as attacks like Energy Ball and Earthquake on the turn it switches in. I’d be interested to see how this fits into the OU metagame.

Type: Psychic/Grass -----> Psychic/Grass
Abilities: Natural Cure -----> Lush Terrain (This Pokemon auto-summons Grassy Terrain for 5 turns upon switch-in)
New Moves: Attack Order, Horn Leech

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Def: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpD: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Spe: 100 -> 80 (-20)
BST: 600 -> 700

Flavor Concept: Many of Celebi’s Pokedex entries state that "Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared.” As such, Mega Celebi auto-summons Grassy Terrain upon switch-in. If it can make forests flourish, then it can certainly power up Grass-type moves. Attack Order is added because it is known to have control over forests, and therefore the bugs within. Horn Leech is to abuse its miniature horns, which become more solid and pronounced upon mega evolution.

Competitive Concept: A mixed bulky tank with mediocre speed and a unique ability. It can run both physical and special sets, with access to moves like Giga Drain, Horn Leech, U-Turn, Attack Order, Leaf Storm, Psyshock, and Shadow Ball. Lush Terrain grants it free 5-turn Leftovers while giving Grass-type moves an extra STAB boost. No one wants to get hit by a move with an EBP of 315 off a SpAtk stat of 394. Even so, it’s hit hard by the common U-turn and hates its plethora of common weaknesses.

Notes:
The idea behind Mega Machamp was to make it not completely eclipsed by Conkeldurr. Therefore, it sacrifices STAB priority for brute force.
This Mega Quag is about as good as its normal form, but has a very different role. It is a great temporary status absorber and loves the momentum it can keep.

EDIT: vote for the Mega Celebi submission of clapyourhands. It's practically an exact clone

Last edited:
Raichu (Raichunite)
Type: Electric -> Electric
Abilities: Static (Lightning Rod) -> Speed Boost
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Play Rough, Swords Dance

Atk: 90 -> 120 (+25)
Def: 55 -> 75 (+20)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+25)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 110 -> 130 (+20)

So now Raichu might be able to sweep. Play Rough is good for coverage. It can create setup opportunities with Encore, and is able to go physical or special. Fake Out, Encore, Thunder Wave and Volt Switch allow it to annoy opponents, chipping away and spreading paralysis.

Machamp (Machampite)
Type: Fighting -> Fighting
Abilities: Guts, No Guard (Steadfast) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Drain Punch

Atk: 130 -> 165 (+35)
Def: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpA: 65 -> 90 (+25)
SpD: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 55 -> 55
BST: 505 -> 605

What else is there to say? Machamp has a pretty good movepool, but doesn't outclass Conkeldurr because it lacks Iron Fist + Mach Punch.

Kingler (Kinglerite)
Type: Water -> Water/Ground
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Shell Armor (Sheer Force) -> Heavy Pincer (Tough Claws clone, contact moves are strengthened by 33%)
New Moves: Spikes, Earthquake, X-Scissor

Atk: 130 -> 170 (+40)
Def: 115 -> 135 (+20)
SpD: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Spe: 75 -> 85 (+10)

Mega Kingler is able to sweep with Agility or Sticky Web support, or wallbreak with SD and powerful boosted STAB. It can also serve as an offensive Spikes setter.

Quagsire (Quagsirite)
Type: Water/Ground -> Water/Ground
Abilities: Damp, Water Absorb (Unaware) -> Rock Head
New Moves: Head Smash, Wild Charge

Atk: 85 -> 135 (+50)
Def: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpA: 65 -> 65
SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)
BST: 430 -> 530

Mega Quagsire serves a very different role from its base form, aiming to be a bulky attacker with powerful coverage moves. STAB EQ and recoil-free Head Smash are great on their own.

Celebi (Celebinite)
Type: Grass/Psychic -> Grass/Psychic
Abilities: Natural Cure -> Prankster
New Moves: Leaf Blade, Hypnosis

Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpD: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Spe: 100 -> 100

As a Prankster with great stats, Celebi is held back by its less-than-optimal typing and lack of Taunt. Compare Sableye, with only one weakness, Taunt and WoW. Or Whimsicott, with the far better Fairy typing , Encore, and Sleep Powder. Celebi can however boost and pass like never before. It's really versatile but not overpowered.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Raichu
Type: Electric -> Electric
Abilities: Static (Lightning Rod) -> Lightning Rod

Atk: 90 -> 90
Def: 55 -> 55
SpA: 90 -> 140 (+50)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 110 -> 140 (+30)

Kingler ----> Mega Kingler

Water ----> Water/Steel
Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor/Sheer Force (hidden) ----> Moxie
55/130/115/50/50/75 (475) ---> 55/160(+30)/135(+20)/60/80(+30)/95(+20) (575)
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Dragon dance

Basically Kingler has always been similar to Crawdaunt due to the fact that they're both physically based water type crustaceans. However for all that time Kingler has mostly been overshadowed by its cousin. While Crawdaunt already was lucky enough to receive a useful secondary stab option, it's also been treated far nicer by Game Freak over the past few generations; first getting the awesome Dragon Dance to boost both its attack and speed in one turn while Kingler was forced to use Swords Dance and agility meaning either boosting only one or having to waste a precious moveslot to afford both. Then Generation V came along and gifted Crawdaunt with the amazing Adaptability as its hidden ability while Kingler got stuck with Sheer Force which, while a very useful ability in its own right, Kingler simply didn't have the movepool to take advantage of. Crawdaunt's rise continued in Generation VI, with Game Freak deciding to give an enourmous boost in power to Knock Off as well as giving Crawdaunt a much appreciated priority move in Aqua Jet via breeding, something else Kingler doesn't have.

Well now it's Kingler's time to at least try to strike back. While Steel may not give as useful a secondary STAB as Crawdaunt's Dark typing, it gives Kingler an excellent defensive typing giving it far more opportunities to switch it, something that is pretty crucial given Kingler's lack of recovery. Bullet Punch isn't as great of a priority move as Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet is, but it's still priority and allows Kingler to take out frail but faster threats. Dragon Dance is a fantastic addition to Mega Kingler's movepool, allowing it to quickly boost both it's now monsterous attack
and solid speed to skyhigh levels

Celebi

Celebi

Anyone who's watched the Celebi movies knows about its forest powers. This Mega focuses on that ability, its role as a protector of nature, the voice of the forests. First off is its improved defenses, sporting a nice 100/130/130 bulk. This comes at the cost of some Speed, in exchange for Celebi being better able to take hits. It also gets a small boost to its offenses, raising each to a decent 130. Now, for a legendary, especially a Mega, this may all seem a bit underwhelming. That is, however, until one takes a look at its ability. Gardener summons Grassy Terrain upon switch-in for 5 turns, helping Celebi in a few ways. Firstly, it provides some nice passive healing while it is in effect, helpful for a Pokemon with Celebi's bulk. Secondly, it boosts the power of Grass-type moves by 1.5x. This means both its physical and special Grass-type attacks will be coming off of a whopping 195 Attack/Special Attack stat while Grassy Terrain is in effect--stronger than Mega Mewtwo Y. With this, Celebi will really be able to live up to its role as protector of the forest, ripping through anything that doesn't resist Grass-type attacks--that's just what keeps it in check, though. Yes, with Grassy Terrain, Celebi does indeed have amazingly powerful Grass-type attacks, but only Grass-type attacks get the boost, and as we all know, Grass isn't exactly the best offensive typing. There are plenty of things in OU that can resist these moves with ease. Additionally, while 100/130/130 bulk is nice, Grass/Psychic typing isn't nearly as good defensively. Sporting weaknesses to common types like Fire and Dark, Celebi will face some trouble against more common threats it would like. However, when played correctly and with some team support, Celebi can be a great force to be reckoned with.
Shit, just realized the Celebi idea that I had been sitting on is almost the exact same one that you already posted. I'll just put "vote for clapyourhands' celebi" in my submission. But I do recommend that you add Attack Order, as it is known to be able to control forests.

I have no idea if this would be programmable, but I wanted just to have fun with this guy

Mega Celebi
Grass/Psychic -> Grass/Psychic
Ability: Natural Cure -> Time Echo (2 attacks at 50% power. One at +2 priority and the other at -4 priority. Status moves are randomly given a priority change of +1 (25%), 0 (50%), and -1 (25%))
100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/120/115/120/115/130
Moves: +Psywave

This is just a fun little idea. Celebi's ability is not quite Parental Bond mixed with not quite Gale Wings. In fact, this ability is just weird. Nearly every move you use will have an altered priority. However, the status moves are iffy. You have a 50% shot of having them unchanged, but also a 25% shot of them being at reduced priority. The speed stat is almost a dump stat thanks to this ability. It'll only be useful for you approximately 50% of the time IF you use a status move. Attacking moves are nearly completely unaffected by the speed except by fast Extreme Speed users.

I wanted to give it Psywave to make for an extremely luck based bulk set. In contrast to Bulky Mega Khan with Seismic Toss, Bulky Mega Celebi has a very random based version with Psywave. With an 80% probability of even hitting, you will do somewhere between 100 and 300 damage. I decided against it because at that point it becomes a joke broken set.

This version is just all for fun and I want you guys to just have fun admiring it.

Mega Kingler
Typing: Water ------> Water/Fight
Stats: 55/130/115/50/50/75 ------> 55/150/125/50/85/110
New Moves: Shell Smash, Sacred Sword

Concept: Mega Kingler's claws become tough like a SWORD and his shell becomes breakable. This thing will destroy enemies, no exaggeration.

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Kingler Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 380-448 (107.9 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even using only resisted moves against Azumaril is a 2HKO, though any residual damage will cause even an unboosted Play Rough to kill you.

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 226-267 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is a resisted hit against Giratina! Knock Off will knock off all its health anyway along with an item. Thusly, Mega King would find a niche in 00bers as well and priority.

It still lacks any special defense. Most special attacks will kill it.

Is it broken?

Mega Raichu
Stats: 60/90/55/90/80/110>>>60/100/64/140/89/132
Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod -> Specialization (Special version of Brute Force. Causes all damage to be calculated with SpAtk)

Concept: I assume you guys aren't mouth breathing buffoons ramming your heads against the wall, but I'll explain anyway: you get a Lightningrod boost, Mega Up, use Nasty Plot, and watch your enemy lose his team if he didn't prevent this, which with a 60/64/89 Def spread shouldn't be too hard. Any Earthquake from any respectable Atk Stat WILL kill it. Grass types wall those without Signal Beam or HP Ice, especially if they resist its coverage. Almost all of them do, since its coverage is mostly Surf, Grass Knot and Fight Moves. Of course, the fact that you can now run physical moves to get around Special Walls is an immense boon.

Is it broken?

Mega Machamp

Fighting ----> Fighting/Ground
Guts / No Guard / Steadfast ----> Power Thirst (Other than spawning 400 babies, this ability provides water immunity and increases Atk when struck by them.)
90 / 130 / 80 / 65 / 85 / 55 ----> 90 / 165 / 100 / 70 / 110 / 70
New Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Waterfall

In order to not be less than Conkledurr, you must be different in every way. Enter the ground typing, representative of the fact that Mega Machamp gets down and dirty, a real working... [ma]champ who needs to drink lots of liquid! That's why he can fall on you with water!

Water might not be the best coverage move for fight/ground, since any combo of Flying or bug with water, grass or dragon will resist all 3. Good thing there's Stone Edge! Mach Punch is because he can outrun Kenyans at times.

Last edited:

Mega Kingler
Typing: Water ------> Water/Fight
Stats: 55/130/115/50/50/75 ------> 55/150/125/50/85/110
New Moves: Shell Smash, Sacred Sword

Concept: Mega Kingler's claws become tough like a SWORD and his shell becomes breakable. This thing will destroy enemies, no exaggeration.

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Kingler Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 380-448 (107.9 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even using only resisted moves against Azumaril is a 2HKO, though any residual damage will cause even an unboosted Play Rough to kill you.

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 226-267 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is a resisted hit against Giratina! Knock Off will knock off all its health anyway along with an item. Thusly, Mega King would find a niche in 00bers as well and priority.

It still lacks any special defense. Most special attacks will kill it.

Is it broken?

Mega Raichu
Stats: 60/90/55/90/80/110>>>60/100/64/140/89/132
Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod -> Specialization (Special version of Brute Force. Causes all damage to be calculated with SpAtk)

Concept: I assume you guys aren't mouth breathing buffoons ramming your heads against the wall, but I'll explain anyway: you get a Lightningrod boost, Mega Up, use Nasty Plot, and watch your enemy lose his team if he didn't prevent this, which with a 60/64/89 Def spread shouldn't be too hard. Any Earthquake from any respectable Atk Stat WILL kill it. Grass types wall those without Signal Beam or HP Ice, especially if they resist its coverage. Almost all of them do, since its coverage is mostly Surf, Grass Knot and Fight Moves. Of course, the fact that you can now run physical moves to get around Special Walls is an immense boon.

Is it broken?

Mega Machamp

Fighting ----> Fighting/Ground
Guts / No Guard / Steadfast ----> Power Thirst (Other than spawning 400 babies, this ability provides water immunity and increases Atk when struck by them.)
90 / 130 / 80 / 65 / 85 / 55 ----> 90 / 165 / 100 / 70 / 110 / 70
New Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Waterfall

In order to not be less than Conkledurr, you must be different in every way. Enter the ground typing, representative of the fact that Mega Machamp gets down and dirty, a real working... [ma]champ who needs to drink lots of liquid! That's why he can fall on you with water!

Water might not be the best coverage move for fight/ground, since any combo of Flying or bug with water, grass or dragon will resist all 3. Good thing there's Stone Edge! Mach Punch is because he can outrun Kenyans at times.
Why did you give Raichu extra Attack if it does absolutely nothing?

Because otherwise I'd have to put it in Speed or defenses, and I want this thing to be frail and die to a dirty sneeze and not be TOO speed teiry.
Some people put 60 in their stats, so you could too. Plus 142 speed isn't that bad, it's really overkill cause at 2132 you outspeed anything not insanely fast like ninjask and accelgoror, and thos ethings usually pay the price for lots of speed ith sheer uselessness(except Deo-S). At 142 you outspeed ELECTRODE. So not too big difference, at 132 you're outsped my 9 things, at 142 that goes down to 7.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Quagsire
Water/Ground -> Water/Ground
Damp/Water Absorb/Unaware -> Unaware
Atk: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Def: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpA: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 65 -> 85 (+20)
BST: 430 -> 530

I decided to keep Mega Quaqsire's ability as Unaware to enhance his niche of stopping stat boosting Pokemon in their tracks. Boosts to both of his defenses make him extremely physically bulky while still allowing him to retain some special bulk.

Machamp (Machampite)
Type: Fighting -> Fighting
Abilities: Guts, No Guard (Steadfast) -> Huge Power
Atk: 130 -> 250 (+120)
Def: 80 -> 5 (-75)
SpA: 65 -> 5 (-60)
SpD: 85 -> 5 (-80)
Spe: 55 -> 250 (+195)
BST: 505 -> 605

Machamp isn't outclassed by Conkeldurr anymore ;)

Kingler
Type: Water -> Water/Dragon
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Shell Armor (Sheer Force) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw
Atk: 130 -> 150 (+20)
Def: 115 -> 120 (+5)
SpD: 50 -> 100 (+50)
Spe: 75 -> 100 (+25)

Celebi (Celebinite)
Type: Grass/Psychic -> Grass/Dark
Abilities: Natural Cure -> Natural Cure
New Moves: +Leaf Blade, +Crunch
Atk: 100 -> 164 (+64)
Def: 100 -> 150 (+50)
SpA: 100 -> 95 (-5)
SpD: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 71 (-29)

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Kingler

Water ----> Water / Ground
Hyper Cutter / Shell Armor / Sheer Force ----> Water Veil
55 / 130 / 115 / 50 / 50 / 75 (475) ----> 55 / 170 (+40) / 145 (+30) / 50 / 90 (+40) / 65 (-10)
New Moves: Earthquake and Ice Punch

Mega Kingler has a lot going for him. He has a new Ground-typing to grant him resistance to Stealth Rock and rid him of his Electric weakness, leaving him with only a Grass weakness and a new STAB attack in Earthquake. There's also improved bulk to take hits fairly well, Water Veil to protect him from burns, and a killer Attack stat to smash some faces in with. Ice Punch is there to hit Grass- and Dragon-types, and rounds off coverage quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)