Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellossom

Typing: Grass -----> Grass/Fairy
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Healer -----> Pollen Shield (Raises defense by 50% in strong sunlight)
75/80/95/90/100/50 -----> 75/105/120/110/125/55
Moves: Quiver Dance

Fanon Pokedex Entry: Mega-Bellossom's petals become more vivid in the sunlight. When it is happy, it performs an elegant dance and releases a pollen that soothes those around it.

Alright, so Bellossom becomes a monster wall under the sun. Pollen Shield is like Flower Gift but only defensive. Bellossom gets Quiver Dance for the same reason Lilligant does; even after a boost, though, it's low Speed still enables it to be outsped by faster or Scarf'd opponents. 110 Special Attack isn't amazing, especially for a Mega, so Bellossom needs to boost to be useful. Basically, Bellossom switches in under sun and tanks anything that isn't super-effective, sets up with Quiver Dance, and then attempts a sweep. It's not perfect. Grass is a shit offensive type. Grass/Fairy isn't a good defensive type (not the worst, but still). Fire- and Flying-type weaknesses (the former even worse under sun). 55 Speed with a 2-stage boost is still outspeedable by quite a few threats. It kind of sucks out of sun. On the other hand...: 75/180/187 bulk under sun (...mother of God...). Quiver Dance. Fairy-STAB. Ability to tank common Water-, Fighting-, and Dragon-type moves. STAB Solar Beam in the sun off of a 110 Special Attack boosted 2 stages by Quiver Dance. Really, that's all you need.

TL;DR: Ungodly tanky under sun, mediocre without. If you can keep the sun up this will be a worthwhile Mega. It needs to Quiver Dance at least once to be useful (the temporary extra bulk helps), but even after it pulls one off, 110 Speed isn't terribly fast (Greninja, Tornadus, Thundurus, Talonflame...). On a sun team based around it, it can be very useful, but certainly not unstoppable.

If you notice, no more huge paragraphs. I don't have the time ATM, but let's see how it affects my submissions.

Dammit clapyourhands stop winning lmao :[ guts on mega flareon is kinda a useless ability, since it can't hold toxic orb and people will never status it, and it's not like he could switch into will-o-wisp either :/ at least make it flash fire maybe?
Eh, we have two Flareon to choose from, I can see the Guts one working out

I'm not trying to be negative here, but seems like many winning entries don't necessarily make the Pokémon OU-worthy and/or are completely against flavour. It would be nice to see the voting list or make it so that votes are cast in the thread rather than by PM (Like it is done on the OU Theorymon Project thread). It avoids confusion and a lot of people have been asking for votes to be revealed anyway.

Moltres-Mega (Moltresite)

Fire/Flying -----> Fire/Flying

Pressure/Flame Body -----> Drought

90/100/90/125/85/90 (580) -----> 90/120/120/135/115/100 (680)

+ Sacred Fire

Moltres already has respectable bulk. In fact, it's a great bulky Stallbreaker in the lower tiers. What's holding it back from the higher tiers is the nasty weakness to Stealth Rock. An even more insane bulk of 90/120/115 and Drought Sacred Fire might just make it viable regardless.

Bellossom-Mega (Bellossomite)

Grass -----> Grass/Fairy

Chlorophyll/Healer -----> Drought

75/80/95/90/100/50 (490) -----> 75/90/115/120/120/70 (590)

+ Quiver Dance + Draining Kiss + Dazzling Gleam

If you're like me and go by flavor first and competitive next, you'll not look past Drought on Mega Bellossom. In fact, it's both flavorful and competitive. The Fairy typing is for additional STAB. Quiver Dance is because, come on, look at it. Its speed is still low and it's easily walled by Special Walls in OU. So it's best to use it at a mid-to-late-game sweeper.

Dragonite-Mega (Dragonitite)

Dragon/Flying -----> Dragon/Flying

Inner Focus/Multiscale -----> Multiscale

91/134/95/100/100/80 (600) -----> 91/154/105/140/110/90 (700)

+ Aeroblast + Calm Mind

As I already mentioned, only a Specially Offensive Dragonite Mega will not overshadow its Base Form and still be viable in OU. I dropped the idea of giving it Tail Glow, because it will be obviously over-powered. Then again, any Dragonite with 700 BST would be over-powered anyway. A Dragon Dance Set it also viable, but a Mixed Set is the best way to go about using Mega Dragonite.

Xatu-Mega (Xatate)

Psychic/Flying -----> Psychic

Synchronize/Early Bird/Magic Bounce -----> Serenity (+1 SAtk and SDef boost every turn)

65/75/70/95/70/95 (470) -----> 65/85/100/115/100/105 (570)

Let's face it. Xatu never got any decent Flying Type move. Its Flying Type doesn't make sense except for its design and it only adds a weakness to Stealth Rock. Xatu Mega tries to repair that image a little bit and tries to take on a Defensive Route. It maybe be over-powered, but it still has that weakness to Sucker Punch. It has Psyshock to take care of Special Walls, but if they come in early and Status it, it's pretty much downhill from there. So any Xatu Mega set should contain Substitute (And there's no way for recovery except Roost or Wish, which also takes up another moveslot). It gets neat coverages in Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam and Giga Drain.

Last edited:
Mega Moltres
Fire/Flying --> Fire/Flying
Pressure/Flame Body --> Reckless
90/100/90/125/85/90 --> 90/130/105/140/105/110
+ Flare Blitz, + Sacred Fire, + Brave Bird

The Phoenix rises again with a new Mega form...
I decided to be unorthodox and make Moltres a suicide bomber. Typing remains to put its two STABs to good use. The ability powers up both FB and BB, while Sacred Fire lets it pull of a more defensive role(?) by spreading burns. Stat distribution was the best I could come up with for the role I had envisioned for it.

Mega Dragonite
Dragon/Flying --> Dragon/Water
Inner Focus/Multiscale --> Tough Claws
91/134/95/100/100/80 --> 91/164/105/120/120/100

When I imagine Mega Dragonite, I don't envision a cutesy dragon spreading happiness and smiles to it's fellow Pokemon. My idea of it includes some BA spikes and additional scale armor to toughen up it's appearance a bit. Typing changes Flying for Water, mostly due to the evolution family sharing an affinity for it. Tough Claws goes with the flavour of this particular MEvo, and the stats are as balanced as I could figure.

Not really expecting to win, just wanted to show what some more unorthodox entries looked like.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ahhh, it seems that I'm in a weather mood.

Mega Moltres

Fire / Flying ----> Fire / Flying
Pressure / Flame Body ----> Drought
90 / 100 / 90 / 125 / 85 / 90 (580) ----> 90 / 100 / 130 (+40) / 135 (+10) / 125 (+40) / 100 (+10) (680)
New Moves: none

To make Mega Moltres different from Mega Charizard Y, I decided to take a more defensive approach. With an underrated defensive typing that has 6 resistances and a Ground immunity, it seems like it could work. That, and I really want a defensive Fire-type to win this. Anywho, Mega Moltres has Drought powered Fire-type moves to throw around to dish out loads of damage, but also has a major defensive buff in Morning Sun healing 2/3 of its health. One can even use Moltres as a tank of sort, taking hits well and dishing out pain equally well. Hopefully this is my last weather ability for a Mega for some time.

Mega Moltres (Moltresinite)
Typing: Fire / Flying ------> Fire / Flying
Abilities: Pressure / Flame Body (unreleased) ------> Flash Fire
Stats: 90 / 100 / 90 / 125 / 85 / 90 (BST 580) ------> 90 / 100 / 110 / 170 / 100 / 110 (BST 680)
New Moves: +Oblivion Wing, +Firey Dance
With Oblivion Wing, Moltres can do a ton of cool shit. First of all, it can run a Bulky Attacker set far more effectively than before, using Oblivion Wing's recovery to keep it healthy throughout the fight. Secondly, a Sub + 3 Attacks set looks awesome. It can setup a Sub on switches, then boost its SpA with Firey Dance and regain HP with Oblivion Wing to make more Subs. In conclusion, this set has many cool possibilities; pls vote
I'm not sure if I agree with having Oblivion Wing on Moltres flavour wise. A number of Moltres' Pokedex entries make it out to be a herald of spring which, to me, suggests a bringer of life. Oblivion Wing is Yvetal's signature move. Seeing as it's the 'Destruction' Pokemon, I view Oblivion Wing as a move which drains life away. Now I completely understand the competitive use of this move, and that it helps Moltres to no end when dealing with Stealth Rocks. I just don't feel that this move is right for Moltres from a flavour perspective.

I'm not trying to be negative here, but seems like many winning entries don't necessarily make the Pokémon OU-worthy and/or are completely against flavour. It would be nice to see the voting list or make it so that votes are cast in the thread rather than by PM (Like it is done on the OU Theorymon Project thread). It avoids confusion and a lot of people have been asking for votes to be revealed anyway.
What are you talking about, the OU Theorymon Project switched to PM voting several slates ago. But yeah, something that it actually does is state the amount of votes each candidate got, which might be a good medium for us.

What are you talking about, the OU Theorymon Project switched to PM voting several slates ago. But yeah, something that it actually does is state the amount of votes each candidate got, which might be a good medium for us.
Yes but they still post how many votes each suggestion received.

Guess I have to resubmit again:

Mega Moltres (Moltresite)

Typing: Fire/Flying ------> Fire/Flying

Abilities: Pressure ------>Phoenix Flames (Same effects as Regenerater and Magic Guard. In addition, the base power of Fire moves remain the same regardless of weather).

Stats: 90/ 100/ 90 / 125 / 85 /90 ------> 90 / 130 / 100 / 155 / 100 /105

New Moves:Fiery Dance, Sacred Fire, Brave Bird​

Description:

Moltres is a flamey phoenix, and we all know what the latter is known for (self healing and recovery when given the chance). Even though people would rush to give it Drought as it should, we shouldn't forget both it's ability to use Hurricane as well as being a capable rain sweeper. I thought it was better to focus on the Phoenix part and patch up it's movepool a bit as well.

===============

Mega Dragonite (Dragoncite)

Typing: Dragon/Flying ------> Dragon/Fairy

Abilities: Inner Focus/Multiscale ------>Levitate

Stats: 91/ 134/ 95/ 100 /100 /80 ------> 91 / 160 / 100 / 149 / 100 /100

New Moves: Hydro Pump, Moon Blast, Play Rough
Description:

A mega evolution into a Dragon/Fairy would tap into the mythical, guardian rumors and giving him Levitate would keep him as an airborn jet he is known as. A buff to his speed would suit his flying speeds and levitate confirms his jet like capabilities ala Latis, while also learning the most powerful of water and fairy moves. His offenses gain the most through Mega Evolution, as his new typing and ability already gives him many resistances and immunities so as to not make him broken.

Last edited:
Mega Dragonite
Typing: Dragon/Flying ----> Dragon/Water
Abilities: Inner Focus/Multiscale ----> Swift Swim
BST: 91/134/95/100/100/80 ----> 91/144/110/150/110/95
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Calm Mind

Well, since everyone seems to be putting defensive abilities/Drizzle on Dragonite, I'm going to try something slightly different and turn MegaNite into a fast mixed sweeper. Swift Swim helps with the medicore 95 Speed, and the Water typing is to take advantage of the rain. Hydro Pump for obvious special water move, and Calm Mind to boost MegaNite's Sp.Atk. Besides, Nasty Plot just doesn't fit flavor wise.

Oookay. Let me talk about my Mega Dragonite here

Mega Dragonite
Typing: Dragon/Flying -> Dragon/Flying
Abilities: Inner Focus/Multiscale -> Storm Force (Powers up Flying, Electric, and Dragon moves by 30% in the rain)
BST: 91/134/95/100/100/80 -> 91/134/115/150/120/90
New Moves: Hydro Pump

After seeing how GameFreak managed to give Mega Garchomp, another pseudo-legendary that got a Mega, a completely different role than Regular Garchomp, I figured that probably the original pseudo-legendary should get the same treatment. Simple enough, Mega Dragonite becomes a wallbreaker a lot like how Mega Garchomp became one. 134/150/90 offenses are pretty decent for doing its job. With Storm Force and the rain, it now has powered up versions of water, flying, electric, and dragon moves that it can abuse. Only Dragonite, Smeargle, and Mewtwo learn both Hurricane and Thunder so let's make the one natural user really benefit. I was considering about if I should or shouldn't make it power up Dragon moves too but then I look back at some of the moves (Twister, Draco Meteor, and even somewhat Dragon Pulse) and I can see how if there is a maelstrom going around, they would seem more menacing and more powerful. I also wanted to REALLY emphasize that this is a Pokemon built for Rain Teams.

But, you don't just need a dedicated setter. Thanks to Multiscale, Dragonite can do it himself before he Mega Evolves.

Dragonite @ Dragoniteite (...what?)
Nature: Modest/Timid (Depending on your Wallbreaking needs)
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Dragon Pulse/Roost
- Hurricane/Roost
- Hydro Pump/Roost

Obviously, you would wait to Mega Evolve until after you set up Rain Dance. But the combination of Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, and Hydro Pump hits everything but Empoleon for at least neutral damage. Considering you get STAB on Hurricane and Dragon Pulse (in addition to the 30% boost for being in the rain) you'll probably wreck most stuff that tries to wall you.

If you want to be able to heal yourself, Roost is also a good option over any of its offensive moves. Though what you drop is a matter of what you can take care of. If you drop Hurricane, you'll lose out on hitting Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Empoleon, and Whimsicott. If you drop Hydro Pump, Steel types just wall you. And, if you drop Dragon Pulse, Lanturn, Ampharos, Empoleon, and Rotom-W can take everything you can dish out.

As you can see, this Mega Dragonite can take care of itself when it has to wallbreak. The stats aren't insane, but the boosts to its moves are pretty great in the grand scheme of things.

And, you know, 134 Base Attack isn't COMPLETELY useless too. A mixed set is perfectly viable just to throw people off guard.

I haven't visited the Theorymon thread recently. But yes, showing the number of votes would be just as good.

Moltres
Fire/Flying --> Fire/Flying
Pressure/Flame Body --> Magic Guard
90/120/100/165/105/100
New Moves: Brave Bird
Well one of the Fire/Flyings had to get Magic Guard, and it sure as heck wasn't going to be Charizard or Talonflame!
Moltres can switch in without fear of losing 50% of its health to rocks now and doesn't have to worry about things like
Toxic damage either. It gets no recoil from its new toy, Brave Bird, either and can Defog without a care of hazards. Flare
Blitz would be too much, so it's not there. It also hits very hard from the special side, but its fire moves still aren't
as strong as Charizard-Y's thanks to the lack of Drought. Thankfully its only boosting moves are Agility and Flame Charge.

Dragonite
Inner Focus/Multiscale --> Own Tempo
91/134/95/100/100/80 --> 91/164/115/140/120/70
This entry isn't as powerful as the other entries, but that's the point: Mega Dragonite should not be OP. Its stats and
movepool already make it very potent and Dragon/Water is an excellent typing with only two weaknesses. It works extremely
well on rain teams already with its Water typing, a 4x resistance to both Water and Fire, access to Hurricane, Thunder and
some nice water moves like Surf, Waterfall and Aqua Jet. Sure, it doesn't have Scald or Hydro Pump, but it doesn't need to
especially since Kingdra still has to have more than two or three niches. Own Tempo compensates for Mega Dragonite's lower
speed, allowed it to Roost, Dragon Dance, Agility or Thunder Wave without a care for the most part. The stats give Mega
Dragonite bulk comparable to Mega Garchomp's or Mega Tyranitar's, but Dragonite is especially dangerous since it has
recovery and a good support movepool. Its offensive stats allow it to use its special movepool about as effectively as its
physical movepool without being too overpowered in the rain.

I am still working on the other two. These took me a while to do.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Dragonite @ Dragon Stone (lol)
Typing: Dragon/Flying -> Dragon/Water
Abilities: Inner Focus/Multiscale -> Levitate (Thanks Aliathra for the idea!)
BST: 91/134/95/100/100/80 (600) -> 91/164/105/140/110/90 (700)
...........................................--/+30/+10/+40/+10/+10
New Moves: Hydro Pump

As I said I would, I changed the typing to Dragon/Water, gave it Hydro Pump, and buffed literally all its stats while emphasizing on its offensive stats. It's still a deadly DD sweeper, but it can also function as a mixed sweeper. I didn't want to mess around with its speed tier too much, so I didn't change that drastically.

What's with all the signature moves? Espescially when you're giving them to non-legendaries that have no relation whatsoever to the original user.

It happened once, let's not start giving those moves to everything.

Dragonite -> Mega Dragonite
Typing: Dragon/Flying -> Dragon/Water
Abilities: Inner Focus/Multiscale -> Multiscale
BST: 91/134/95/100/100/80 (600) -> 91/144(+10)/125(+30)/120(+20)/120(+20)/100(+20) (700)
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Dazzling Gleam
Mega Dragonite is a specially oriented attacker, but it can also go a support route with boosted defenses and Multiscale. Hydro Pump and Dazzling Gleam are STAB and coverage, respectively. Dragon/Water typing removes the SR weakness and is overall, a better defensive typing, with only a Dragon weakness that is covered by Dragon STAB.

Moltres
Type: Fire/Flying -> Fire/Flying
Ability: Pressure/Flame Body -> Flash Fire
Stats: 90/100/90/125/85/90 -> 90/110 (+10)/100 (+10)/165 (+40)/95 (+10)/120 (+30)
New Moves: Aeroblast and Earth Power

Moltres now makes a very good special sweeper. With it's gorgeous 165 special attack and 120 speed it can make a huge dent, if not outright sweep unprepared teams. It has aeroblast for a more reliable stab and it would feel strange to have it in articuno and not moltres. I also gave it earth power because there was no way to get around rock types before. And while flash fire isn't the most useful ability in the world, a good prediction could leave the opponent cowering in fear at your mighty fire blast.

Dragonite
Type: Dragon/Flying -> Dragon/Flying
Ability: Inner Focus/Multiscale -> Focused Mind (Special moxie clone)
Stats: 91/134/95/100/100/80 -> 91/154 (+20)/105 (+10)/130 (+30)/120 (+20)/100 (+20)

This mega dragonite is made to be a tricky mixed sweeper. It's stats give it the ability to run ether special or physical attacking sets. However, it's ability is where it really shines. With focused mind you can boost your special attack by one stage every time you defeat an opposing pokemon. However, without a way to boost your special attack initially you aren't going to get much damage off on the special side until you kill something. This means that you will probably need to start off with physical attacks in order to raise the power of your special ones. His speed also can let you down quite easy. 100 speed is by no means fast, so you may want to run agility or dragon dance to patch that up. This puts a lot of strategy into how you play and if you can pull it off having dragonite on your team will really be worth it.

Xatu
Type: Psychic/Flying -> Psychic/Flying
Ability: Early Bird/Synchronize/Magic Bounce -> Field Warp (Moves that effect the entire field or your side are boosted to 8 turns. The moves affected are: Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Sunny Day, Light Screen, Reflect, Mud Sport, Water Sport, Tailwind, Magic Room, Trick Room, Wonder Room, Gravity, and Lucky Chant.)
Stats: 65/75/70/95/70/95 -> 65/85 (+10)/115 (+45)/125 (+30)/115 (+45)/65 (-30)
New Moves: Heal Bell

Xatu has never really been good for much besides magic bounce support, but this mega changes that. With it's new ability that increases the amount of turns a field affect is up and buffed stats, xatu plays a great support role. It has a great movepool to abuse this ability, most notably his dual screens and trick room. He also gained heal bell so that he can play an even better team player. Not only that, but he also has a usable special attack. Yay for usable xatu!

Bellossom
Type: Grass -> Grass/Fairy
Ability: Chlorophyll/Healer -> Serene Grace
Stats: 75/80/85/90/100/50 -> 75/80/105 (+20)/120 (+30)/120 (+20)/80 (+30)
New Moves: Moonblast and Quiver Dance

Mega bellossom is a very unique pokemon. The fairy type is fairly obvious. It has a little buff to it's defenses so that it can survive some weaker hits and set up a quiver dance. And while serene grace may seem useless on bellossom at first, sludge bomb has a 30% chance to poison which is boosted to 60% with serene grace and moonblast has a 30% chance to lower special attack which is boosted to 60%. Bellossom can easily be a beast if you get the chance to use quiver dance, but otherwise it will usually not get very far. This makes bellossom a glass cannon of sorts, but it is bulky enough to take a hit or two on the special side so it also has some attributes of a bulky attacker.

Nobody really fulfilling my thought for what would be a good Moltres so I'll do it myself.

Moltres
Type: Fire/Flying -> Fire/Flying
Ability: Pressure/Flame Body -> Flame Body
Stats: 90/100/90/125/85/90 -> 90/110 (+10)/120(+30)/145 (+20)/105 (+20)/110 (+20)
New Moves: Calm Mind, Whirlwind,

Concept: Spread Burns with one of the best defensive typings in the metagame (except that SR weakness). This Moltres differentiates itself from Zard by becoming a defensive giant capable of checking most physical attackers in the tier. Flame Body is a really underrated ability: 30% chance to burn on all physical attacks, it's an auto scald. This Moltres still has the speed to be played offensively but is best with a bulky CM set or a 3 attacks plus roost set. The SR weakness is bad but Moltres fantastic defensive ability, typing and power already make up for it.

It's been a while since i've done this.
Mega Bellossom (Bellosite)
Grass/Fairy
Solar Power
75/80/85/90/100/50 ---> 75/80/115/100/120/90
New moves: Quiver Dance, Moonblast
The goal of this is to help QD Bellossom sweep. Respectable defenses,speed, and special attack make this pretty dangerous.

Mega Xatu (Xatite?)
Psychic/Ghost
Prankster
65/75/70/95/70/95---> 65/85/80/115/100/125
New moves: T-Wave
This makes Xatu even better as a status spreader: with an offensive presence

Changing my Dragonite entry to make it less like the submitted Kingdra entry:
Dragonite
Inner Focus/Multiscale --> Lightningrod
91/134/95/100/100/80 --> 91/164/115/140/120/70
This entry isn't as powerful as the other entries, but that's the point: Mega Dragonite should not be OP. Its stats and
movepool already make it very potent and Dragon/Water is an excellent typing with only two weaknesses. It works extremely
well on rain teams already with its Water typing, a 4x resistance to both Water and Fire, access to Hurricane, Thunder and
some nice water moves like Surf, Waterfall and Aqua Jet. Sure, it doesn't have Scald or Hydro Pump, but it doesn't need to
especially since Kingdra still has to have more than two or three niches. The stats give Mega Dragonite bulk comparable to Mega Garchomp's or Mega Tyranitar's, but Dragonite is especially dangerous since it has recovery and a good support movepool. Its offensive stats allow it to use its special movepool about as effectively as its physical movepool without being too overpowered in the rain.
Bellossom
Grass --> Grass
Chlorophyll/Healer --> Drought
75/80/95/90/100/50 --> 75/80/115/130/120/70
New Moves: Quiver Dance, Heat Wave
Mega Bellossom is an interesting Grass-type Drought user. It gets Heat Wave to abuse the sun further along with Solarbeam and Synthesis and Quiver Dance to boost its stats and serve it justice.

MEGA SCEPTILE, SWAMPERT, AND DIANCIE ARE OFFICIALLY OFF THE SLATE

BECAUSE COROCORO CONFIRMED THEM TODAY
ORAS HYPE
Yeah, this brings to the table an interesting question. What if a Mega Evolution is confirmed after we already did one? Will we scrap our megas? Will our megas become a X mega and Game Freak's mega an Y mega? Will we do a Primeval Pokémon for all mod?

I'd rather still make one because we don't know the actual stats (and Lightning Rod Sceptile, with its new 4x resist to Electric... what).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)