Mega (hax_king) Miz vs PaBlO: DP Warstory!

My first warstory just because Jibaku said he wanted to see these from other people.

Taking notes along the way was tiresme but easy I guess, and so the battle beings after some IM’s.

I get on WiFi and see my opponent waiting, MIZ from SPPF (dunno his SN here).

I set up the battle, he selects me and off we go, screens clash to show:

MIZ vs PaBlO 6 vs 6

The unstated but known rules between us:

Single Battle Lv. 100
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
Species Clause
No Double Team
No Minimize
No OHKO moves

So the teams are as follows:

PaBlO

vs

MIZ

And thus the battle beings!

PaBlO sent in Sceptile
MIZ sent in Gengar

I assume it is an ASGar like the many countless ones on WiFi and I recall him having used one against me before, so Sceptile gets all brave and stays in to Leaf Storm Gengar's ass into oblivion!

Turn #1
Gengar used Hypnosis.
Sceptile fell asleep, Sceptile is fast asleep.

Well crap that didn't work, and since Sceptile never woke up it essentially made the battle 5 vs 6 at this point.

Turn #2
PaBlO withdrew Sceptile for Spiritomb.
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Spiritomb takes 45%.
Spiritomb recovers with Leftovers.

Turn #3
MIZ withdrew Gengar for Heracross.
Spiritomb used Pain Split.
Battlers shared their pain, Heracross is left at around 82%, Spiritomb is at 98%.
Spiritomb recovers with Leftovers.

MIZ knows my Spiritomb's moveset so I figured I wouldn't give him free Sleep Talks. I know his Heracross as well and assume Choice Band so I decide to switch out.

Turn #4
PaBlO withdrew Spiritomb for Gyarados.
Gyarados Intimidates and cuts Heracross's attack.
Heracross used Megahorn, 30% damage.
Heracross takes recoil (10%) from Life Orb.

I know he'll switch so I get a free DDance :).

Turn #5
MIZ withdrew Heracross for Weezing.
Gyarados used Dragon Dance, Speed and Attack rose.

I was afriad he'd use this, since I also knew about it, and it's a 100% Gyarados counter. Good thing I changed my Gyarados's moveset to accomodate for this.

Turn #6
Gyarados used Taunt.
Weezing feel for the Taunt.
Weezing used Thunder, but the attack missed.

Dam I got lucky there, I thought he'd use Will-O-Wisp. MIZ helped me edit this as I don't know Japanese and just assumed he did Will-O-Wisp.

Turn #7
PaBlO withdrew Gyarados for Swampert.
Weezing used Thunder.
It doesn't affect Swampert.

Again I predict correctly, and now it's time for everyone's favourite move.

Turn #8
MIZ withdrew Weezing for Cresselia.
Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Rocks circulate the opponent's area.

Yay Stealth Rock is down, although I don't think it helped me alot in this particular battle though :(.

Turn #9
Cresselia used Reflect.
Swampert used Waterfall (15%).
Cresselia recovers health with Leftovers.

I wanted to see what type of Cresselia was this, and Reflect made me assume it was a Garchomp counter with Ice Beam as its only attacking move.

Turn #10
PaBlO withdrew Swampert for Metagross.
Cresselia used Ice Beam (8%).
Both Pokemon heal with Leftovers.

This just confirmed my suspicions of ultra defensive/supportive Cresselia or else it would've Grass Rope'd Swampert.

I think he's going to switch to Weezing right now, so Metagross gets brave like Sceptile and...

Turn #11
Cresselia used Thunder Wave.
Metagross is paralyzed and it may be unable to move.
Metagross used Remniscient Headbutt (5%).
The move is not very effective.
Both Pokemon heal with Leftovers.

Eh wrong move I guess, although I wasn't really going to do anything to Cresselia with Reflect up, his unpowered up Ice Beam did barely any damage and he would've ran out of PP for it before I did for any of my moves so I was safe for the time being. I knew he knew this so once again Metagross got brave and used Remniscient Headbutt.

Turn #12
MIZ withdrew Cresselia for Gengar.
Gengar is hurt by Stealth Rock.
Metagross is fully paralyzed and cannot move.

DAMNIT! I was going to send Gengar into oblivion with that, doing like 4000 damage but noo I got paralyzed and after swearing a little I just continued on. So now he starts to play mind games with me.

Turn #13
MIZ withdrew Gengar for Cresselia.
Cresselia is hurt by Stealth Rock.
Metagross used Remniscient Headbutt.
The move is not very effective (10%).
Cresselia heals with Leftovers.

Eh well Cresselia won't make me switch out Metagross, but I guess I will start Meteor Mashing to put a little bit more pressure on it.

Turn #14
MIZ withdrew Cresselia for Garchomp.
Garchomp is hurt by Stealth Rock.
Metagross is fully paralyzed and cannot move.

Dam it stupid paralyze condition, I curse agaion lol, it has hurt me twice now in crucial moments, but it wont stop me from Headbutting Cresselia of course (ugh). So now I'm in a tight spot cause my main Garchomp counter, Sceptile is fast asleep with at least 2 more turns and my upcoming Pokemon chose STAB over Garchomp counterness. Well I can't let him know that so I do have to switch in my Gyarados to at least try and bluff him into an Ice Fang threat.

Turn #15
PaBlO withdrew Metagross for Gyarados.
Gyarados's Intimidate cuts Garchomp's Attack.
Garchomp used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Gyarados.

Well there's my bluff, and I'm hoping it'll work.

Turn #16
MIZ withdrew Garchomp for Weezing.
Weezing is hurt by Stealth Rock.

Well the mind games begin again with these two, but I make the correct choices again.

Turn #17
Gyarados used Taunt.
Weezing feel for the Taunt.
Weezing can't use Will-O-Wisp.

Yay, score :), and since all my Pokemon are very brave, the following happens, with MIZ expecting a switch from me, I outpredict.

Turn #18
MIZ withdrew Weezing for Gengar.
Gengar is hurt by Stealth Rock.

Well Gyarados doesn't outspeed Gengar with a Dragon Dance so I have to switch out for something to take the Thunderbolt or Will-O-Wisp.

Turn #19
Gyarados used Waterfall (80%)
Gengar fainted.

6-5

Wow finally after 19 turns of prediction between each other one Pokemon dies. My Gyarados isn't your conventional Gyarados.

MIZ sent out Weezing.

Turn #20
PaBlO withdrew Gyarados for Sceptile.
Weezing used Thunder (20%).
It's not very effective.

So at this point I figured I should try and get Sceptile awake since Weezing can't Wisp it, Pain Split would heal me, and Thunder does shit damage.

Turn #21
MIZ withdrew Weezing for Heracross.
Heracross is hurt by Stealth Rock.
Sceptile is fast asleep.

I decide to give up on Sceptile, as I'll never have a good chance of waking up and I don't want to give Heracross anymore free switch ins.

Turn #22
Sceptile is fast asleep.
Heracross used Stone Edge (80%).
Sceptile fainted.
Heracross takes recoil (10%) from Life Orb.

5-5

Yeah so Sceptile took one for the team by letting me switch in Infernape undamaged next turn.

PaBlo sent out Infernape.

Turn #23
MIZ withdrew Heracross for Weezing.
Infernape used Flare Drive (50%).
Infernape is hit with recoil, Infernape takes recoil (10%) from Life Orb.

Well his Weezing can't stay in, or else my Gyarados just sweeps him completely, so he has to switch once more, I was happy either way.

Turn #24
MIZ withdrew Weezing for Cresselia.
Cresselia is hurt by Stealth Rock.
Infernape used Flare Drive (45%).

So now his other Physical wall is in Flare Drive range :) I'm very happy about this and jsut continue on with the move as nothing of his can switch in safely.

Turn #25
Infernape used Flare Drive (45%).
Critical Hit! (Irrelevant).
Cresselia fainted.

5-4

Great I get a precious CH when it's of no use, o well what can you do right? So now my most hated Pokemon is out of the way, and Thunder Wave is no longer a threat for Gyarados, now to just get rid of that pesky Weezing.

MIZ sent out Weavile.
Weavile is hurt by Stealth Rock.

So now Weavile's speed threatens the KO on my severly self damaged Infernape, but I won't risk it when it is faster than everything else but Weavile left in his team and I don't have enough HP left to survive any hit after Life Orb recoil so why not save it for the last minute?

Turn #26
PaBlO withdrew Infernape for Swampert.
Weavile used Blade Test (33%).
Swampert heals with Leftovers.

Yeah so if he stays it dies and barely does anything to my Swampert. I also assumed it was CBWeavile so I was safe for now but Weavile would later show its ugly face and screw me bad later on.

Turn #27
MIZ withdrew Weavile for Weezing.
Swampert used Earthquake, Levitate makes Ground moves miss.
Weezing heals with Leftovers.

DUH I knew he'd do that but I clicked EQ instead of WaterFall by mistake, but oh well it turned out ok as I know he'll take this opportunity to heal his Weezing with Pain split as my Swampert is clean, so I make the probably winning move.

Turn #28
PaBlO withdrew Swampert for Infernape.
Weezing used Pain Split, the battlers shared the pain.
Weezing is healed by Leftovers.

Yay I got to heal my Infernape at this point, and it has 66 HP left, more than enough for 3 Life Orb hits or possibly 1 Flare Drive (with its ability activated) and another move, but I figure I don't want to risk it with Flare Drive, but I'm not 100% sure In Fight will finish off Weezing and I don't know if he'll switch or not, so I just go for the 'safe' choice.

Turn #29
Infernape used Stone Edge (25%).
Weezing fainted.
Infernape takes recoil (10%) from Life Orb.

5-3

Yay the other threat to my Gyarados is gone!

MIZ sent out Weavile.
Weavile is hurt by Stealth Rock.

Yeah so he wants to do the same and threaten my Infernape, well I don't want it to die any other way but Life Orb damage, and I think I'm safe switching in Gyarados now instead of the obvious Swampert choice. BOY was I wrong.

Turn #30
PaBlO withdrew Infernape for Gyarados.
Gyarados's Intimidate cuts Weaviles Attack.
Weavile used Ice Punch (33%).
Gyarados heals with Leftovers.

So now I think it's safe to Dragon Dance and secure my win but then...

Turn #31
Weavile used Ice Punch (75%).
Critical Hit.
Gyarados fainted.

4-3

ZOMG!!!!! HE Critical Hits JUST at the right time, and I'm seriously scared as nothing is faster than Weavile. I'm glad I laid Stealth Rock because it helped me limit Weavile switching in and out.

PaBlO sent out Swampert.

Bleh so now with a Weavile at 50% I figure Water Fall will KO as well seeing how fragile it is and I don't want Heracross to switch in on my Earthquake.

Turn #32
Weavile used Ice Punch (30%).
Swampert used Water Fall (50%).
Weavile fainted.

4-2

So now the only real threat to my Infernape is gone as well. MIZ is now left with Garchomp and Heracross. Swampert can take on Garchomp and Infernape can take on Heracross.

MIZ sent out Heracross.
Heracross is hurt by Stealth Rock.

I know what to do in order to win, and I don't want to sacrifice Spiritomb as Hypnosis could save me in a pinch so Metagross is the chosen one.

Turn #33
PaBlO withdrew Swampert for Metagross.
Heracross used Megahorn (70%).
Heracross is hit with recoil (10%) from Life Orb.
Metagross heals with Leftovers.

Bye Bye Gross, although I do select Remniscient Headbutt in case Megahorn misses.

Turn #34
Heracross used Megahorn (36%).
Metagross fainted.

3-2

O well, Metagross took one for the team.

PaBlO sent out Infernape.

I know InFight KO's Heracross as it has less than 15% left so no need to kill myself with Flare Drive.

Turn #35
Infernape used In Fight (15%).
Heracross fainted.
Defense and Sp. Defense drop, Infernape takes recoil damage (10%) from Life Orb.

3-1

Yay Infernape!, at 5 HP left he's the star of the team so far, and deals his last blow to Garchomp.

MIZ sent out Garchomp.
Garchomp is hurt by Stealth Rock.

Turn #36
Infernape used In Fight (80%).
Defense and Sp. Defense drop, Infernape takes recoil damage (10%) from Life Orb.
Infernape fainted.
Garchomp used Earthquake, but it missed.

2-1

If this had been the standard Garchomp with Swords Dance I would've Swords Danced as well expecting him to Swords Dance as well, and then In Fight would have been a OHKO, but I knew from past battles it was Choice Banded. If I didn't know this, if I Swords Danced and he KOed, Swampert could've KOed it with Snow Slide next turn.

PaBlO sent out Spiritomb.

Turn #37
Garchomp used Earthquake (80%).
Spiritomb used Dark Pulse (12%).
Garchomp fainted.

2-0

GG

So Spiritomb deals the last blow, although Swampert could've been there as well. GG MIZ.

Hope you all enjoyed reading the battle.

MEGA PROPS to my favourite 4th gen Pokemon, Infernape.

EDIT: Turn #6 was wrong, MIZ helped me correct it.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nice playing, and nice job working around the luck against you. Thanks tons for posting this.

Your opponent really should have used Thunder that second time he had Weezing in on Gyarados, though.

I knew you'd do a great job writing this. I had a fun time reading, even though I witnesses the battle first hand.

I had just changed CM to Reflect and Grass Rope to T-Wave which sux cuz it I didn't realize my team needed GR to completely counter Pert...

I case you were wonderin' why I switched Gengar into Gross, it was because I was sure you would explode (as you have attempted against Cresselia many times before :p.)

Yet another Garchomp being owned, now by Infernape xD. I'm starting to fear Infernape more than Garchomp now.

Cresselia is a defensive bitch, too.

Nice predictions with Weez VS Gyarados, I had fun reading this.

another warstory, and a nice one as well. It also gives me some data on Spiritomb, if I gonna use it for my team.

I hope more warstories with a large variety of pkmn show up.

i thought infernarape was a bigger threat the garchomp from when boths stats/movepools etc were announced.

5 Biggest threats in D/P(imo)

1.Tyranitar
2.Infernarape
3.Heracross
4.Gyarados/Garchomp

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Garchomp only seems unimportant because people have it heavily countered... Notice how every team we've seen so far has a Cresselia? It's *the* Garchomp counter...

Garchomp only seems unimportant because people have it heavily countered... Notice how every team we've seen so far has a Cresselia? It's *the* Garchomp counter...
Which also, oddly enough, gets utterly raped by Heracross.

Thanks for all the comments, I am happy to see people liked this.

I do think Garchomp is overrated due to the fact that it is easily threatened by many things, but I do think Garchomp is an insane threat everyone goes crazy to counter it, and that is why you see Cresselia in 90% of the teams.

Misty I didn't use Cresselia =P.

I like my team, it works really well (and will work better when I change my Cresselia back), right? *posts a RMT*

Man, there are so many things that I just now realize I could have done better. These things are great study tools. I wish I had warstories for when I battled both Freakshow/Jibaku (who I haxed ftw) and Seph (who froze haxed me ftw), those would be great to study.

Another good warstory.

I'm definitely going with Chimchar so that I can get an Infernape. That thing owns so much.

But what I'm really glad to see is that all the hype about Garchomp has died down. Sure it may be powerful, but get the right counters and it falls.

Swampert also seems to be the best Stealth Rocker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)