ORAS OU Mega Gallade Trap! 1756 +

Welcome to my Mega Gallade RMT!

Introduction:
This team is very offensive with reliable pivots.
Mega Gallade usually gets sacrificed for the team to spread burns, prevent Healing+Stealth Rock and maybe suiciding alongside very threatening mons: usually fairies!
The general idea is to weaken all checks/counters to Bisharp and Keldeo and clean up with Scarfchomp.

Current Ranking:

I know it is not very high but I actually peaked 1830+ with this team

ITS TIME FOR THE TEAM

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond

Every wondered why you should use Mega Gallade with MLopunny and MMedicham around? You probably did and decided that MLopunny is better for cleaning up and MMedicham much better for wallbreaking. You are completly right.

(Lopunny+Medicham)/2= Gallade? NO!

MGallade can burn, get rid of your item, prevent your rocks and BOOM once it has done its job! Its main job is to burn common checks to Bisharp: Lando-T, Hippowdown, Tankchomp.

MGallade also reliably weakens Slowbros and sometimes kills Clefable with Destiny Bond for Keldeo!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Jirachi is soo good atm. It serves as a very reliable switchin to Lati@s and fairies, provide momentum with U-Turn or use Toxic against common switchins like Garchomp, Lando-T and Quagsire if MGallade was not able to burn them.

Stealth Rock is also very good because nobody expects it on Jirachi. Also Toxic+Iron Flinch=DEATH!!!

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Torn-T helps taking the pressure of Jirachi so Jirachi can reliably check dangerous fairytypes. It also allows me to take Gengar on 1vs1 and win, which is a HUGE threat otherwise!

Hurricane is there for Stab. Heatwave for Bulky MScizor and Ferrothorns. Knock Off gets rid of items and is always a great move to weaken switch-ins. U-turn not only restores 33% health of Torn-t, it also helps giving me a better matchup against my opponent!

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Cute, right?
The mon every team should be prepared for!
Keldeo has always been good but it there are lots of easy switch ins that makes it hard for Keldeo. Common switch ins include Slowbro, Amoonguss, Lati@s, Clefable. After Rocks+Scald and a potential burn it is easy to see why Keldeo is very dangerous.
Taunt helps preventing heals against slower checks.

Leftovers are important for me to preserve as much health as possible against defensive teams. Keldeo can easily 6-0 teams after some preparation!

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head/Pursuit
- Swords Dance/Taunt

Bisharp is the nightmare for offensive teams. I prefer Black Glasses because some teams rely on Life Orb to end Bisharps Life.

I can easily setup on burnt Hippows, Iron Head fearing Clefables and revengekill with Sucker Punch.

If one wishes to use Bisharp as a supporter for scarfchomp, you can aim to use Pursuit instead to get rid of Lati@s and Sucker Punch-fearing MMetagross so Scarfchomp can either spam Outrage or Earthquake easier.

Taunt gives me a great tool to stop balanced teams and weaken Quagsire for Scarfchomp but in overall matchups Swords Dance has proven to be better.

And lastly, the arguably best mon this Gen!

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The mere presence of Garchomp makes my opponent not click Brave Bird on Talonflame, U-turn with Lando-T etc.
The commomness of Tankchomp makes Scarfchomp very dangerous! It can easily get surprisekill and clean up lategame after fairies or groundswitchins are gone.

Stone Edge is there to revengekill healthy Mega Pinsir, Thundurus and Talonflames who try to burn you.

Dragon Claw is always nice to prevent Outragelock and get your first surprisekill.

Outrage and Earthquake with their insane basepower+stab coming of Garchomps 130 Baseatk easily cleans up weakened teams.

Weaknesses:
- Breloom
- MSableye
- Specs Keldeo
- Klefki with Magnet Rise

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-290389530 MGallade putting in some work
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-290636889 The whole team working together nicely
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-292786537 Comeback with aggresive doubles
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-294614619 MGallade wow!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-290094272 Keldeosweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-290096903 Scarfchomp cleanup
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-292791086 MSableyestall is annoying! MGallade so useless here

Importable:
Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello there! I see a few issues with this team, especially with oppising Water types. Tornadus doesn't do very much for this team so I suggest
Tornadus-T
----> Serperior
, as this helps deal with said Water types.
sets:
Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain / Glare / Substitute / Taunt

I really like how you made your Gallade set different from standard and it's actually kinda cool.

First off you don't have a constant WinCondition for your team. You have Swords Dance slashed with Taunt on Bisharp, but I suggest you only run Swords Dance. It betters your matchup against more offensive teams and defensive teams alike. I also suggest you run Lum Berry over Black Glasses. This somewhat alleviates your weakness to Mega Sableye and lets you get off some major damage off of it after a Swords Dance. You should also try TauntCM Keldeo instead of your current set. Your team kinda just kneels over to Stall as you have no sure way of scoring great damage upon them and effectively breaking them. TauntCM Keldeo also serves as another WinCondition and relieves pressure off Bisharp to hit Mega Sableye.
Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

I dislike how your team has no real check to Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, Sand, and other threats. Yeah ScarfChomp can come in and smack them to surprise kill, but after that you're a gonner. So I suggest you run Defensive Lando-T over Jirachi. Defensive Lando-T is a great check to things like Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, and Mega Charizard X, unlike what Jirachi can manage. To follow up with losing a reliable switchin to the Lati's and Dragons in general I suggest you run Klefki over ScarfChomp. Klefki provides a more solid way of Speed Control through Thunder Wave and gives your team valuable Spike support to break down opposing Pokemon more easier. It also checks the likes of Mega Charizard X, Mega Gyarados, and other setup sweepers through Thunder Wave so they don't run over your team.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Abiility: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Toxic
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

Finally I believe you should at least try Mega Banette in place of Mega Gallade. Yes, yes, I know the team is based around Mega Gallade, but Mega Banette does what you're trying to have Mega Gallade do much better due to having priority through Prankster. Mega Banette also eases the pressure off Klefki to singlehandedly check Mega Altaria as they are often supported with Magnezone who trap and KO Klefki so Mega Altaria can run free. Mega Banette also offers priority Destiny Bond so you can kill off faster threats instead of only managing like Mega Gallade.
Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Gunk Shot / Taunt
- Shadow Sneak

tl:dr
-->TauntCM
-->Swords Dance + Iron Head
-->
Defensive Lando-T
-->
Klefki
-->
Mega Banette

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Hey cool team, but I have a few suggestions that may help. Firstly, I like your mega gallade set. Instead using the same standard outclassed set, you decided to innovate and make a niche out of it. However, I find the set to be a little to niche and kinda make mega gallade a pretty useless mon. I believe you should change your set to Close Combat | Zen Headbutt | Knock Off | Will-o-Wisp. 252 spe | 252 atk | 4 hp. Mega Gallade switch ins usually physical mons, so burning on the switch in with wisp is a great help. Lando-t, tank chomp, hippo, azu, and skarm all hate getting wisp. I find this set to be more useful of gallade, than it being some type of suicide mon. All of these are also very annoying for bisharp to handle, so its nice getting a burn on them.

Next, you should probably run scarf jirachi over your set. The reason I recommend this set is because your team literally gets 6-0d by mega altaria, if you run scarf you wouldn't get 6-0d and scarf jirachi gives a lot more utility to your team. Being able to outspeed and checkk zam, alt, mega diancie, torn-t, latios, and kyu-b. Your also outspeed gengar which is also a great thing to have. I recommend running 252 spe | 252 atk | 4 hp | and Iron head | u-turn | ice punch | healing wish.
Healing wish is also great as you can pretty much heal something back up if you need to.

Next, I believe you should replace Garchomp with defensive lando-t. Standard defensive lando-t helps improve your match up vs excadrill, mega lop, mega medi, mega gallade, garchomp, metagross, and pretty much any physical attacker, but mostly excadrill because its a huge ass threat to your team. Also defensive lando-t keeps you from also getting 6-0d by zard x, who is also a huge ass threat to your team. Lando-t pretty much pactches up most of your weaknesses.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Finally, you should replace tornadus-t with well this is more a suggestion. Normally I dont recommend running this mon cause it is broken af, but maybe you should trying running goth over tornadus-t. As it pretty much improves your match up against everything. It traps gengar, breloom, and keldeo and kills them. Add it completely destroys stall teams. All which benefit your team greatly. Only bad thing is that everyone will hate you :[

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick
- Rest
- Psychic

I hope these changes could be of help to you :]

Such a troll set: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-294773464

Knocked off Landorus
Burned Landorus
Knocked off Rotom-W
Burned Rotom-W
Burned Medicham
Great replay, I am glad you like this MGallade set :D

First of all I will consider using Drain Punch instead of Destiny Bond on MGallade to get some recovery.
3 Attacks+Will-o-Wisp is also cool to have nice coverage and being able to still weaken stuff. But I feel like Taunt is important so I will try:
- Will-O-Wisp
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Lum Berry Bisharp also sounds very good. Being able to set up SDs without worries about Scaldburns or Thunder Waves.

Life Orb CM Keldeo sounds interesting, but I am really afraid of opposing Bisharp. If my Keldeo gets too low Bisharp can sweep me very easily. I might still try it out with the suggestion of Scarfrachi+Healing Wish and using Defensive Garchomp/Lando-T over Scarfchomp.

Defensive Lando-T+spdef Klefki over spdef Jirachi+scarfchomp indeed gives me a better way of handling threats with the help of Thunder Wave and Intimidate. I will try it out and maybe use Wish on Jirachi as well to get reliable recovery for Lando-T. Lando-T + Jirachi have a nice defensive core. Since Bisharp and Weavile are very threatening, I might try Conkeldur instead of Keldeo.

Heatran over Jirachi gives me a way to handle stall better and Heatran can also set up Rocks, Toxic and w-o-w aswell while forcing out Skarmory and MSableye, which my team will appreciate alot.

While MBanette has the same moves as my MGallade, it is too predictable. MGallade is called lure for a reason and it forces much more switches. Still thanks for that suggestion.
Life Orb Seperior over Torn-t sounds very weird. I do not see how that will help the team?

Changes I will most likely try:
a) Life Orb CM Keldeo+Healing Wish Scarfrachi+defensive Lando-t/Garchomp

b) Heatran over Jirachi against stall and to have an easier switch against status. I might actually try Choice Specs Heatran to destroy common switch ins like Keldeo, Azumaril, Rotom-W, Chansey after some prior Dmg, Torn-t and it sounds like fun :D

c) 2 Attacks+wow+Taunt MGallade

d) Gothitelle over Torn-t

e) Klefki+Tankchomp over Jirachi+scarfchomp

Thanks for all the suggestion. Keep them coming ;)

edit: I will also try Magic Coat instead of Destiny Bond on MGallade to block the obvious Stealth Rock against Landos and Garchomps while repelling w-o-w from MSableye! It sounds really good to me ;)

Last edited:
I haven't seen gallade+bisharp in a while, but I don't think it's best to run a gallade set that gets outclassed by mega sableye.

You get completely slammed by Talonflame, and as much as this looks fun, it can be improved upon.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
This provides a solid win condition, easily supported by Bisharp

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
This supports your team by taking a Latios's HP-fire preventing 50/50s and has Max damage output, and it still deals with fairies

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast / Toxic
This lets you have a rock setter and doesn't die to Talonflame

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- U-turn / Healing Wish
- Body Slam / Healing Wish
This is capable of supporting the rest of your team, and paraflinch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)