Mayhem and Madness

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey all, Zari here with a LC team I'd like to share; it's gotten me to #4 on the leaderboard, and I'm certain I can go higher with it. However, I'd like to share it with the community first. It has a few problems that require predicting around, but otherwise it's been really successful. Onto the team!:

An overview:

============================================

Ability: Technician
Nature: Hasty / Naive
Item: Life Orb
IVs: 0 HP / 29 Atk / 29 Def / 30 SpA / 29 Spe
EVs: 244 Atk / 8 Def / 40 SpA / 204 Spe
~ Fake Out
~ U-turn
~Icy Wind / Bite
~ Hidden Power Grass 60

So here's the lead, a mix (WTF???) Meowth! I absolutely LOVE using this little cat as a lead, for many reasons, the first of which is that it beats lead Hippopotas hands down. With 4 EVs equivalent to 1 IV in LC, you can afford to reduce all of the IVs required to get a 60 Base Power HP Grass, that becomes 90 BP with Technician. HP grass is run over Seed Bomb, as Fake Out + a 90 BP HP Grass is a 100% chance OHKO on lead Hippo without protect--bypassing it's oran, since FO only does ~30%. Seed Bomb fails to KO in that instance. Icy Wind is run for lead Gligar, while U-Turn lets me escape Diglett's Arena Trap.

===========

Ability: Aftermath
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
~Sucker Punch
~Crunch
~Pursuit
~Explosion

Yay it's a Stunky! Anyways, this little guy is my ghost crusher and primary revenge killer. Seriously, those who haven't used it, you should--it's insanely powerful (it can OHKO ~90% HP Bronzor with Explosion!). It deals with all sorts of threats that would otherwise might through my team (details to be covered in threat list), and it can sweep itself if the opponent's team is sufficiently weakened.

===========

Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Timid
Item: Choice Scarf
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 40 SpD / 200 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Hidden Power Flying 70
~Blizzard / Ice Beam
~ Surf

We've reached the cutest part of the team <3 Anyways, this Mantyke is not to be underestimated; while you might go WTF at the Choice Scarf, the ability to revenge kill scarfchop is godly; STAB HP Flying is a OHKO. If this little fishy weren't on my team, I'd have serious issues with the aforementioned Machop set. Also, Hydro Pump is insanely powerful--definitely not to be underestimated. It also serves as my [insert fire type here] check. Blizzard is normally run over Ice Beam, as it gets perfect accuracy from Snover summoning a hailstorm.

===========

Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Jolly
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 36 HP / 180 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
~Ice Shard
~Wood Hammer
~Swords Dance
~Substitute

EVIL TREE!!!! If you didn't know, this thing is a monster; it takes hits like a champ and retaliates back with the force of a truck. It's my main Gligar check, and the main sweeper on this team. I usually start by scouting with sub, then attacking or switching accordingly. Wood hammer is chosen over Seed Bomb, as it is a surefire OHKO on incoming Munchlax after a SD. Yes, it's a recoil move, but the sheer power of it is insane. Leftovers is chosen over life orb, as that LO recoil + sub + WH + SR weakness would wear down Snover's HP too fast. And Eliminating Lileep's SpD SS boost is the most wonderful thing ever :D

===========

Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Hasty
Item: Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 108 Atk / 188 SpA / 196 Spe
~Vacuum Wave
~Dark Pulse / Sucker Punch
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake

My second revenge killer and rain team check. This little one revenges stuff like lead Meowth, other Croagunk, and opposing Stunky (which the rest of my team hates). Other than that, it's your usual PriorityGunk, a mon that thrashes a lot of stuff. Dark Pulse is mostly chosen over Sucker Punch mainly so I can screw over Duskull that try to burn me, and Ice Punch is there to smack Gligar switchins.

===========

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Brave
Item: Oran Berry
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD (only if running HP Ground)
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpA / 36 SpD
~Shadow Sneak
~Will-o-wisp
~Icy Wind
~Hidden Power Ground 70 / Pain Split

MixSkull is one of the best mons EVER. Icy Wind hits Gligar hard, while giving me the bonus of reducing the foe's speed, aiding in revenge killing with one or more of my other mons. Hidden Power Ground screws over Flash Fire pokemon switchins (I'm looking at you Houndour!), While Pain Split can be used to win the war with non-LO AgilityChou if you're at full health. Additionally, Pain Split helps with general switchins, though I typically find myself using Icy Wind more often than it.

================================================

So there you have it. This is the bizarre team that's been winning on the ladder. Will reserve a second post for threat list stuff, but for now I gotta go to class @_@​

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Threat List

Offensive Threats:

Abra - Stunky traps and kills it, no sweat. Mantyke outspeeds and can OHKO with hpump. Can be priority revenge killed easily

Aipom - Duskull + Meowth handle this nicely; Duskull for the Fake Out, Meowth on the Shadow Claw, Fake Out for a nice amount of damage. Gunk mauls it with VM.

Aron - Can be difficult to stop if it gets a RP, but Duskull can take a Non-LO HS and ohko with HP ground, those with LO are killed by gunk/stunky (if its health is low enough)

Buizel - LO Bulk Up buizel is a pain to deal with. Mantyke outspeeds and hits hard with hp flying, gunk can hit it with VW and duskull can burn it. If used in rain, snover can tank a hit and remove it's speed boost via Snow Warning

Carvanha - if it hasn't got a sub up, gunk KOs with VW, meowth can OHKO with FO, stunky really hurts it with crunch/SP. Only really sets up on duskull, who can break its sub with hp ground. If it does have a sub, I usually have to sac something, but otherwise it hasn't been a trouble.

Chimchar - If it's a lead, it loses to meowth, and I haven't really seen any non-lead chimchar...

Chinchou - Specially defensive chou are somewhat of a pain in the ass; thankfully snover and gunk OHKO with wood hammer and EQ, respectively. Stunky can revenge if at ~65% health or lower.Agility can be annoying, but snover walls it nicely, since it's strongest move vs the evil tree is....ice beam.

Croagunk - Duskull can take it on easily, as can stunky; my gunk can switch in on basically anything and KO with EQ. Mantyke ohko's with HP flying.

Diglett - if its a lead, U-turn out with meowth and go to duskull and burn it. Priority kills it nicely, and mantyke can outspeed.

Dratini - Bulky DD is annoying, but gunk outspeeds adamant versions, and snover can take a +1 non LO espeed. LO varients are beaten by prediction + duskull for blocking espeed.

Eevee - Duskull can burn it, stunky SP hurts it like hell. Non + Spe nature eevee tie speed with gunk, who can hurt it badly with VW. Mantyke/snover can tank a quick attack and slam it with STAB attacks.

Elekid - Dangerous if played right. Duskull isn't OHKO'd by any of its moves, and can burn physical varients. Mantyke outspeeds and hpump KOs with 1-2 LO recoils. All priority hurts it, and hail + LO recoil wears it down quickly.

Gastly - Sub LO are the most dangerous; I have resists for all of the scarf set's normal moves. Duskull SS can revenge weakened ones.

Gligar - Go to snover on the EQ, KO with ice shard. impish varients are outsped by meowth and can be OHKO'd by icy wind. duskull burns those without night slash.

Houndour - LeaDour can be annoying, go to mantyke to tank the FB. Gunk can KO other kinds with VW, duskull beans switchins hoping for a FF boost with hp ground.

Kabuto - Snover hail removes rain, leads get creamed by meowth HP grass. gunk/stunky hit really hard with priority.

Krabby - If it has an agility under its belt it can be problematic, but all priority save for that from snover hurts it bad. Duskull can tank a crabhammer and burn it.

Machop - For leads, go to mantyke on the protect for fake out scouting, OHKO with hp flying. ScarfChop can be revenged by mantyke, duskull can burn it. Priority hurts it badly.

Magby - mantyke outspeeds and KOs, hp ground from duskull 2hkos (I think). Stunky crunch hurts if I predict a mach punch.

Mankey - Duskull/mantyke can tank CC and burn/ohko it respectively. priority hurts it after defenses drops.

Mantyke - hp flying mantykes are dealt with via priority, those without are hurt badly by snover. Not really been a problem.

Meowth - go to duskull on the FO, let 'skull take the sleep and then go to gunk on the bite and revenge. Haven't seen any mix varients like mine yet ;D

Munchlax - Duskull wins 1 on 1 with will-o-wisp, +2 snover WH is a OHKO, stunky crunch hurts. Meowth hurts it with FO.

Omanyte - Leads die to meowth, rain ones get rain removed via snover, go to gunk on the ancientpower and KO with EQ/VW.

Paras - Duskull takes the sleep, mantke KOs with hp flying. Snover/stunky/meowth can revenge it with priority.

Phanphy - leads are dealt with by meowth, others get beaten by snover/burned by duskull.

Porygon - agility variants get smacked badly with priority, scarfed ones get dealt with the same way, but I haven't really seen any of them lately.

Snover - Mantyke beats opposing snover hands down. Stunky and Croagunk can revenge with priority, duskull burns physical snovers.

Stunky - Probably the biggest threat to this team. If meowth is down, I usually have to wear it down with hail + possible burning with prediction.

Taillow - usually sac duskull to this to weaken it with recoil + orb damage, then KO with priority. Snover can take a guts QA and OHKO with ice shard.

Teddiursa - Gunk KOs with VW, stunky beans it with SP. Meowth can hurt it with FO. Not much else to be said.

Totodile - I have 2 water immunities, so toto AJ is hardly a problem. Can be burned by duskull, revenged by meowth/stunky priority.

Voltorb - leads fall to icy wind + uturn, since I outspeed after the speed drop. usually I go to snover to stop the rain and then KO with IS. Priority hurts it badly.

Defensive Threats:

Duskull: sub from snover can block burn attempts, gunk can take the burn and hurt it with dark pulse. Stunky hurts it with SP/crunch.

Hippopotas: meowth kills lead hippo always, snover and mantyke OHKO with WH and hpump, respectively.

Lileep - snover removes sand, SUB + SD + IS kos handily. duskull can burn it so it has to recover more often. Not really troublesome.

Slowpoke - Stunky mauls it with Crunc/pursuit, gunk can kill weakened ones with DP, snover WH KOs. Meowth can hurt it with HP grass, duskull beats it with burn + SS.

Bronzor - can't really do much to my team. Usually I just burn it via duskull and then wear it down with SS. Crunch from stunky does ~50%.

Wynaut - only poke it truly "beats" on my team is mantyke; snover has sub, stunky crunch, and it has to predict correctly to KO meowth or croagunk. Duskull just lols and uses shadow sneak; as a ghost type it isn't affected by counter :)

If I forgot any let me know and I'll add them in.

Well, i just love this team!

i playtested it for a little while (hopefully you dont mind) and found only a few problems

First, was you have a slight chinchou weakness, as when duskull isnt running Hp ground. Snover can probably kill it but if you get hit by ice beam youll probs get killed in the process (if you hit at all)

Second, snover just died too quickly for my liking, i really would recommend seed bomb > wood hammer cause the recoil just kills you.

Meowth need a bit more speed. you really arent abusing one of his greatest assets - being able to hit 19 speed

other than that - cant see any problems..Gl in the future!

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Solid team Zari, I had fun playing it! ScarfTyke is really quite amazing and unexpected. However, there is one thing that I noticed: you are REALLY RP Aron weak. If Croagunk is taken down (easy with the help of Wynaut) it can easily set up on Stunky. I'd like to make a slight change: run HP Ground over Pursuit on Stunky. This isn't the Misdreavus era, so Pursuit isn't really necessary. You are also kinda weak to Agility/Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt/HP Fire Chinchou, as if it runs Oran you are screwed unless Croagunk + Duskull can revenge it. It sets up easily on Tyke. I'd recommend using Scarf Doduo over Mantyke, as it still beats Machop and does a ton to Chinchou with Return/Double-Edge. Other than that, good team Zari and good luck in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)