Pending matchmaking in multiple formats at once on ladder

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
letting people search for ladder games in multiple formats can help increase the matchmaking volume of some of the less active oldgen/lower tier ladders, and makes laddering multiple tiers in general a faster process.

ideally it'd work like:
i select formats i want to search for
i either select a team that will load for each format in the main battle page, or i can favorite one team in the builder that would auto-load rather than having to pick one every time
it searches, finds a game, and after doing so, cancels the search in the other tiers

this would reduce a lot of the needless waiting/format switching if one wants to play multiple less active tiers and hopefully increases some of the volume in those tiers

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
the limit would probably be up to the devs depending on how the team selection would work (if i have to select 20 teams for 20 formats before i search for a battle, it would take a while) and if picking too many would strain the matchmaking somehow. i think a max of 10 seems realistic

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
wouldn't this encourage bots spamming ladder?
I assume you mean in a malicious manner, any specific examples (theoretical or not) here? Bots in general are allowed to ladder as long as they aren't causing problems for user's experiences or breaking rules. In addition players (and bots) already can play multiple games at once. If the concern is too many searches/games at once we can of course add a limit (which we might already do for the number of games).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)