Masquerain (QC: 0/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus

I need to work on this lol; sorry for the wait, I've been having exams

[OVERVIEW]

As a Pokemon whose head resembles the likes of a teardrop, Masquerain will leave your opponent in tears if it is lucky enough to knock out one of the opponent's Pokemon. However, using Masquerain will give you a huge disadvantage, as the opponent will most likely have at least one decent Pokemon on their team to deal with it. Because of this, Masquerain will put you in tears as a result of your loss. There is no reason to use Masquerain over Butterfree on a decent team due to the latter having Tinted Lens and Sleep Powder. Overall, Masquerain is a poor choice on every team and you deserve to cry if you are thinking of using it on your team.

[SET]
name: Bye Bye Butterfree
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Bug Buzz
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Bubblebeam
item: Mystic Water
ability: Intimidate
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

This set is a poor man's version of Butterfree, but with Bubblebeam in place of Sleep Powder in order to have the ability to blow beautiful bubbles in an attempt to leave the opponent mesmerised. However, it is not worth using competitively. If you are about to click the importable and are about to paste it into your new team, then you have made the wrong choice. Click on the [Butterfree analysis](http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/butterfree/) to have at least one usable Pokemon on your team.

Set Details
========

If you are insane enough to use Masquerain on a serious team, then the EVs and a Timid nature allows Masquerain to outspeed as much as possible and deal as much damage as possible. The remaining 4 EVs are put in HP so that Masquerain can faint after taking Stealth Rock damage twice, which allows a teammate to get in safely. Intimidate is chosen so that Masquerain can attempt to trick oblivious opponents into thinking that it is strong, but any good Pokemon player bar Bug Catchers would already know that Bug-type Pokemon are horrible. Mystic Water enhances the power of Masquerain's Bubblebeam to make it slightly stronger, as well as allowing it to store its tears.

Usage Tips
========

When using Masquerain, the trick is to sack it whenever possible, as it won't be doing any favours for your team. This will also allow a teammate to get in safely. However, if you are crazy enough to keep Masquerain alive, there are two things that you can do with it. You could attempt to sweep with it and set up on passive Pokemon such as Vibrava and Tangela, but Butterfree has a better chance of sweeping than Masquerain thanks to the combination of Sleep Powder and Tinted Lens. Alternatively, you could preserve it and only switch it into physical attackers such as Stoutland and Mightyena, but the fact that Masquerain is OHKOed by both after Stealth Rock damage even after the -1 Attack drop makes this less appealing.

Team Options
========

You should only use Masquerain on offensive teams, as its teammates can help it out after it faints and it also makes you less likely to lose. Some offensive Pokemon you could use include Stoutland, Floatzel, Dodrio, and Pawniard. If you have finally realised that Masquerain is an awful Pokemon to build around, then check out [here](http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-viability-ranking-thread-v2.3528743/) to find a Pokemon worth building around. Building around an S, A, or B rank Pokemon is recommended, as they will most likely do well in your ladder games and increase your chances of winning.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Using a different Pokemon or crying after knowing that you cannot use your favourite Bug-type competitively.

Checks and Counters
===================

**A Decent Team**: Any good player would have at least one good Pokemon to take it out. The opponent's team will also have a significant advantage over your team, as their team will most likely have six viable Pokemon as supposed to five.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This isn't funny at all. There's no funny theme and it's altogether too serious with legit sentences everywhere. Try working on this a bit more imo since it's stuck in between legitimate and joke right now. If you want a theme to base it around, try a set of Double Team, Flash, Agility and Signal Beam that centers around sending messages in semaphore (idk beset i could think on my phone)

anty edit: his way of linking was correct for CMS

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah sorry rubsomebacononit but this really isn't funny and we've decided to stop doing new joke analyses. If you want to do a normal analysis for Masquerain feel free but otherwise I'll lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)