Marill's Modest Musings

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hey there!

I've recently tried to get into doing some digital/graphic things lately. I used to make a lot of forum signatures back in the day, but I've lost a lot of the touch I used to have. I made some things recently I wanted to share!

General Graphics
First, here is a graphic I made for the Pets & Animal's room:
Nothing crazy here, just used a stock adobe illustrations background, a free font I downloaded ages ago, and the gen5 sprites from serebii. Kinda used my experience making forum sigs to craft this up. Any feedback is appreciated, but I had fun putting this one together.

Sprite/Avatar Stuff
I also tried my hand at recoloring some avatars/sprites! I'm still a novice and would appreciate any feedback. (Shoutout deetah for helping me make the phorus-recolor look better!)
Note: If you want to use my recolors/sprites on PS, just send me a PM, and I'll reply to you! Usually it's okay, there are some that I wouldn't want to let everyone use, though. If I do give you permission, please remember to give credit. Thank you very much!

This was version 1:

After talking to deetah, I came up with this:

And after asking a few friends what they thought, I also made this version:

Credits to kyledove for the original phorus-unite!

Credits to Brumirage for the original!

Credits to Beliot419 for the original!

Credits to kyledove for the original May!

I've had a lot of fun making graphics/sprite recolors, if anyone has any feedback, would love to hear it. I plan to make some more just to practice or mess around!

Last edited:

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
I did a triple sprite recolor with deetah!

We did some palette swapping/same palette stuff, and it was really fun! The one I struggled with the most was getting Lillie's brown hair from the Leaf palette swap to look correct. (Thank you for the help deetah :eeveehide:)

This one was really fun, I definitely prefer the version with the chain I kind of improvised!

Love how the hair came out on this one!

Credits to Beliot419 for the original!
I struggled REALLY hard with the hair recolor on this one. But happy with the rest of it, and the hair eventually came out looking okay.

Was fun to do a little 3 series recolor with deetah!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll include some things below I did on my own for fun:

Credits to kyledove for the original!
May just looks like she was meant to be in her Sapphire outfit!
He deserved a blue shell!
Credits to kyledove for the original May!
Thought they would look cute together!

Last edited:

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
Another day, another batch!

I had someone in the Art Gallery on PS ask me to do a Cynthia recolor, so I did!
cynthia-anime-recolor-v1.png.png
Really happy with the mint-y kind of vibe this has going.

Also did a recolor of Perrin, seemed like it would be fun!
perrinspriterecolor(red)-1.png.png
Really like the red hair, and I went for a kind of khaki vibe on the pants!

Then I got a little crazy, and decided I'd do a kind of regional-esc change of Bulbasaur? This had MANY iterations, and after asking friends I slowly changed it each time.
V1
bulbasaurgen4sprite-lavaedition-1.png.png

V2
bulbasaurgen4sprite-lava-v2(nodrip)-1.png.png

V3 with a lil lava drip from a suggestion I got!
bulbasaurgen4sprite-lava-v3(withdrip)-1.png-1.png.png
This one took a while. I was kind of unhappy after looking at V1 for a bit, because it just gives "Halloween". Someone suggested I should make it into a jack-o-lantern, maybe I will try that! So when I did V2, I really wanted it to feel "Volcano"-y, and I think I achieved that. REALLY happy with the way it came out, and then I decided to put the Perrin recolor and "Bouldersaur" together!

perrinandlavasaur-v3.png

Really had fun making these, the Bouldersaur in particular I think came across really well by v3. Bouldersaur my first time really "adding" to an existing sprite, and trying to make lil lava particles. Still learning on my spriting/pixel art journey!

I plan to eventually try to finish the evolution tree, hopefully I can do them justice!

Last edited:

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
I finished the evolution line!

If you remember, I made this guy (Bouldersaur) here:

I told myself I'd make the other two evolutions, so I did! Here we go:

And finally:

Had a good time making these 3! I think the final evolution is probably my best, but I was also really happy after a few iterations with how the middle evolution came out too! I pulled the color palette from a "fire rose" I found on google, and it came out great imo.

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
Anotha one

Love the blue on yellow for this one

And I wanted to recolor my favorite Pokemon's Shiny:

My man deserved a better shiny.

Really happy with these! :sphearical:

Last edited:

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
Did some more recolors for fun!

Credits to the original by kyledove!
Just a small tweak of the palette to make her more vibrant!

I really dig the purples!

Kind of going for a ghost/spectral vibe, was inspired by some of the recent Palworld additions, and took some color palette inspo from one of em!

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
Did two more recolors, just for funsies, and ended up putting one together with my marill recolor / edit, and requested it for my custom avatar on PS!

Went for like an ice-fishing kind of vibe, and the blonde hair, I think this one is cute!

Really really happy with this one, I love the blue on black, and I think the hair looks nice! I ended up liking it enough to make:

Credits to Brumirage for the original Mai!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)