SS OU made this Venu sun in November but still some broke stuff lol

Will you have a good day?

• yep

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • nope

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
For this rmt I will describe the team in detail and what the team is meant to do and how I built it.

Built it, but how?

I love sun, ever since last gen and decided because I built so much sun last gen that building sun for the Venusaur release would be fun to do, so I get Torkoal+Venusaur once again. I found how overpowered Cinderance is and slapped it on with some cool charcoal for extra fire damage. I always wanted to abuse duggy+xatu gen 5 style so I chose to use the overpowered combo (no suit is makes this stupid good). Last slot was the wall I always loved, Gastrowall.

Onto Sets!
1581844381279.png

1581844405944.png

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Giga Drain
- Growth
I chosen a modest and not a timid nature as Venusaur sucks without modest boost. Earth Power has little to no reason for use at this time, enjoy the amazing time for Venusaur to spam Sludge Bomb, Weather Ball, and Giga.

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
Body Press can really be anything that you need, because this was built in November this doesn't have toxic but now it's a fine choice. Body Press is mainly for rare Ttars and Hydras who are nasty plot happy.

1581844464496.jpeg

Cinderace @ Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Court Change
Expert Belt can help a lot if you want to boost the damage of sucker punch and u-turn. Boots are cool but are they really needed on a team with Xatu? High Jump Miss is High Jump Miss and doesn't hit that many mons that are needed.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Heat Wave
Future Sight helps Venusaur break down Kommo-o and helps general breaking with everyone, also fuck pex. You can opt for something more direct like Psychic if you want. Keep Heat Wave cause fuck Corvi.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
Keep sash cause sash is better for a team like this, more direct switch ins onto threats and easily trap them. Banded can work but you'll be sorry when you can't bluff bad sash sets.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Yawn
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
Yawn is cooler than toxic so keep it and Ice Beam is there for Dragapult so don't replace it. (Toxic is a good option in all seriousness)

This team gets dropped off by Chandelure if sub 3 attacks, outside of that this team is capable of beating any other team. Hope you have fun using this!

How to Use!

So before every game you have to evaluate how Venusaur wins as the whole team is made just to have Venusaur win. Some games you'll be required though to not use sun at times and this team is capable of not having sun as the main source of attack with xatu+gastro making things ugly and also duggy traps. For a majority of the time you'll use Duggy to trap stuff like ttar and weaken other Venusaur checks or big threats. Xatu is a great pivot into many stealth rock users so annoying the opponent with future sight+teleport+helm is a great way to gain momentum as most hazard setters will have a very difficult time getting through. Cinderace mainly is a offensive pivot who wall breaks with pyro ball. Most games will come down to how you use all the other pokemon around Venusaur to get the win. A majority of games will be won of using sun but in sun vs sun match ups I would suggest trying to use Duggy+Xatu+Gastro+Cinderace to win and keep the Venusaur 50/50 in your back pocket.

Note to anyone looking at this, if you want a spam sun just use some random fire spam stuffs cause this ain't it, this is for true sun people. Cya another time when Venusaur breaks the meta lol

https://pokepast.es/d0040df1c1907b8a

Last edited:
Try using Darmanitan in the sun. His sheer force Choice Banded Flare Blitz literally OHKOs anything that is neutral, and 2HKO's anything that is resisted. I would also recommend running Mandibuzz Defog instead of Xatu.
Reason for no Mandibuzz is because Xatu gets magic bounce and teleport, an insanely good combination with Dugtrio, also with future sight too which doesn't hurt (also Xatu a fav of mine). For Darm even though it does mega damage for sure (broke too) I just don't like it lol. Choice Band can be fairly slow too while it kills itself so easily and I prefer sucker punch+court change anyways, but that is just me.

Last edited:
Cinderace is a cool pick for sure, I am similarly unimpressed with Darm on sun, even though it seems like a no brainer pick. Not quite giving me my Mega-Doom fix in a world where that poor dog don't exist. I also miss Cresselia dearly, although I know you weren't into that as much as me (and it would probably have its fair share of issues in this meta)

Hopefully I can catch you to chat on Showdown sometime and discuss some Gen 8 ideas and rejoice about a life where Heatran doesn't exist.

If I were to use this Arc though, how would I fit it?

CERBERUS (Arcanine) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 206 SpD / 50 Spe
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)