Tournament M4A TOUR PLAYOFFS

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
M4ATOUR.png

Approved by AquaticPanic
After 2 months of lengthy tournaments, we have reached its conclusion, top level Megas For All Players of 3 different tiers, OU, UU and VGC, have earned their way into playoffs, I want to start by thanking bekama for maintaining and creating the spreadsheet for this tour, I didn't even ask him to do it and hes done a great job.

This is probably the last Megas for All specific tournament primarily featuring these 3 meta-games so lets give them a proper send-off

If you are unfamiliar with M4A Tour's format, from this round forward each pairing will face off in a best of three series in the OU, UU, and VGC tiers. The higher seed picks the first tier that will be played, with the loser of the first game picking the following tier. Win 2 out of 3 and you are one step closer to being crowned the winner!

In this playoffs, we actually have a tiebreak, consisting of 2 Users for the 8th Seed, the winner of this battle will face Exploziff as he chose to face the 8th Seed

The 2 players in the tiebreak being
Superior Serperior and Gekokeso

1. Sticky Fingaaa. VS. 7. pupugugu.

1649204821951.png
1649204872840.png

2. Exploziff VS. 8. Winner between Gekokeso and Superior Serperior

1649205137402.png
1649205152641.png
1649205169323.png

3. Paulluxx VS. 5. Clasmia

1649205386710.png
1649205367652.png

4. bekama VS. ARandomPerson

1649205454800.png
1649205481307.png

Deadline for Quarterfinals is Sunday April 17th
(Once all games are played the next round will start, so have your games ASAP)

Last edited:

woo

You'll be UNDER MY WHEELS
is a Pre-Contributor
Sticky Fingaa vs. pupugugu (60/40) Feel kinda bad for not thinking pupu will win but
Fingaa is:
1) a homie
2) really good
3) Manager of the M4Auction winning team
4) :landorushmm:

but he'll bring mono explosion and throw ( Sticky Fingaaa por favor não jogue a oportunidade fora quero ver o BRASIL SIL SIL) so yeah

Exploziff vs. Gekokeso (60/40) (Gekokeso vs. Superior Serperior (55/45))
1) I actually believe Geko will win the first bo3 against serp because Geko is a good player and he actually plays UU and OU well. Serp has decimated me in every game we played and told all his in-game thoughts right in front of me. I havent rlly seen them lately though so going with the i seen lately = better pick behaviour then.

2) Explo is a great OU and UU player as well, but the domain of the game has been more consistent. Look at the molehouse tour, at getting comp council, (i think) winning M4APL? As examples. He lost to Vipotis when he used galardash in the auction so L though.

Paulluxx vs. Clastia (50/50)

For Paul:
BAD ENDING: Paul will lose g1 to hax and choke next games due to salt.
BAD ENDING: Paul will lose three games to Torkoal TR
GOOD ENDING: Paul wins two games and gets a 2-1
BETTER ENDING: Paul wins two games and gets a 2-0
:worrywhirl:: Paul gets both wins with the same Mega Magmortar team.

Swap things around for Clastia and its gg. Close one tho

Bekama vs. ARandomPerson (55/45)

If Indigo clutches in a singles tier after winning in VGC its a win.
Bekama got good building skills and L U C K though. Seriously dudes insane with their teams and is a pain in the ass to face, i always get really scared whenever lol. Think bekama has a clear path in OU, but indigo is also good at singles and this tour shows.

Tough one but i think Bekama gets the edge.

Now ill go back to not doing anything m4a related :smogonbird:

Prediction:
i'm gonna take the whole tour out of spite now i can't believe y'all let me into top 8

Edit with actual predictions:
Sticky vs Pupu - I can beat sticky if he makes even a small mistake, but otherwise he's a more consistent teambuilder and player than I am and has played way more M4A than I have recently :P
that being said, we're both busy so maybe going into this with 0 practice on both sides will make it easier for me idk

Explo vs (Geko vs Serp)
I think geko vs serp is a tossup, but there's a reason explo is highest seed. Just a goated player, and has plenty of accolades in m4a to show for it.

Paul vs Clastia
Clastia is a good player, and has made waves with their TR team recently, but I'm a big Paul fan :> he's just gotta take things slow in the game and play carefully. In general, if he does that, he has a solid chance at #1 in the tour.

Bekama vs ARandomPerson
ARP (aka Indigo) is a solid player, and I've gotten the chance to train with them a lot in auction, and he's really good at VGC. That being said, Bekama is also a really interesting and innovative teambuilder, and also 100% has the power of plot armor, so it'll be tough for Indigo.

Last edited:
Sticky Fingaa vs :probopass: **pupugupu** - Goat can’t lose =D
:Dugtrio: **Explo** vs Both - Both Serp and Geko are good players, but but Explo has that X factor of an unorthodox building style that makes him hard to prepare for. I’ve heard he’s legit at UU too, so I’m holding him
:Obstagoon: **Paul** vs Clasmia - Paul will win here not due to OU, but due to the other tiers. Clasmia has been really showing it as of late in OU, but Paul has the general fundamentals down to win here, I think. This one is the match of the week.
Bekama vs :Roserade: **Indigo** Bekama has a tough road here, as Indigo is a top VGC player, and also was cracked in the most recent singles tournament I watched closely, Rigged (he got 3rd). I trust Indigo here!

Sticky vs Pupu

honestly both of these players are insane, I feel like sticky is gonna bring something stupid tho and somehow win a game with that

Exploziff vs Serp/Gekokeso
not much of a comment here, this seems like a cool game to see how it will play out tho

Paul vs Clasmia
Paul is gonna get haxxed every game and lose, the end

Bekama vs ARandomPerson
This is gonna be wild, ngl. Interesting battles

Paul forced me into doing this even tho I’m bad at competitive lol, so if my takes are bad blame him

Paulluxx revenge

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Sticky vs Pupu
I always battle sticky and pupu very late at night, using the shittiest teams known to man, I lose to Sticky far more frequently than I do to pupu in this state. In reality this is a very close battle, between 2 of the top players in OU right now, and their team choice will heavily matter. I do favor Sticky in this Matchup due to his very broken VGC team, netting him a large advantage in that tier, leaving UU to another tossup.

Serp vs Gekokeso
Vamos Geko
I want you to win this, just cause I know you can do it, you've been scratching at the bottom for long enough, you have good UU and OU, and I think you have both of them over Serp, and I dont know how serps VGC is.

Explo vs Geko
If this was only OU, I would favor Explo very heavily, dude dominates these bo1 scenarios, his teams are always tricky, and you need to have backup plans to backup plans(its very annoying). And then he can also just outplay you, I'm less of a fan of his UU, I mean he did lose a battle as mentioned to Galarian Rapidash in UU... But I think he has UU over Geko, giving him an advantage, I do believe if Geko can scratch out a win in UU or OU, he can take VGC with the momentum and take the set.

Bekama vs ARandomPerson
I will not in any scenario bold either of these players, Indigo is the best VGC player and he will likely win that, but bekama builds the most annoying teams known to man, and Indigo will hard read him every turn, leading to chaos and carnage. They're both very good, I'd prefer indigo to win because I cant deal with Bekama bringing Regieleki+Volcarona against me for the billionth time, and toxic missing 100+ times in a row, as his fiery dance raises his special attack over and over again until I lose.

My own predictions

Sticky vs Pupugugu
Captura de pantalla (156).png

Just a pretty intense match that can go either way, this one will be extremely enjoyable.

Explo vs (Serp vs Geko)
Captura de pantalla (155).png

Gonna keep expectations a bit low for ths (but fuck i wanna win this). Yall really placed me with the guy that has constantly kicked my ass in OU, so i gotta hope my UU skills stayed good and that vgc isn't a nightmare for me. Oh and my reward for winning that match is fighting explo LMAO. Anyways lets hope the power i took from training the Chungus to victory works in my favor.

Paulluxx vs Clasmia
Captura de pantalla (117).png

If this man wins with that same fucking trick room team i swear i will fucking wear a shoe on the head of my lizard pfp
Jokes asides Clasmia is in my opinion the most underrated player of M4A, he is incredibly consistent and for those who haven't checked out he is also surprisingly good at other tiers, i believe he even won one of the classificatory VGC tournaments so don't count him out of those. Paul is going to be anextremely tough opponent but i do this is a very possible set for Clasmia if he does everything right.

Bekama vs Snom
Captura de pantalla (157).png

Indigo is strong, is extremely consistent and can play in any tier that they play in. But holy shit Bekama has pulled up some of the most insane luck i have ever witnessed. Hax aside, Bekama also is possibly one of the most improven players of the mod, as he has recently shown to be a serious fighter, and a monster in tours. Not gonna be easy for any of the two, and snom can only hope rng is on its side.

Sticky vs Pupu

Sticky wins ou with the secret weapon I gave to him and then wins one of the others.

Exploziff vs Serperior (Serperior vs Gekokeso)

Hardest games to predict idk

Paulluxx vs Clasmia

2-0 for Paul since he brought a torkoal tr cream

Bekama vs ARandomPerson

VGC player

Here's my prediction
Sticky vs. pupugugu
A lot will depend on how much time and energy these players will put into teambuilding. After all, they are both amazing players and have their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, Sticky is more familiar with M4A OU and M4A UU. So, he's more likely to win in these formats. Pupugugu, on the other hand, generally has a better grasp of M4A VGC and performs really well. This is further underlined by his preparation skills and interesting (read: dangerous) approaches to teambuilding. That said, I favour Sticky since he too can be tough on the teambuilder, and his battling skills is not inferior to pupugugu at all.

Exploziff vs. winner of Gekokeso / Serp
It's hard to decide between Geko and Serp. That is because they are both on a similar level. Whoever wins will do so by matchup, most likely. Serp has a solid understanding of M4A VGC and can play well there whereas Geko seems more unfamiliar with this format. If Geko resorts to one of his best teams in M4A OU, Serp could be in a lot of trouble. However, the same could be said about Serp as he should have some really scary teams in the back. As for M4A UU, Geko is more familiar in this format. Therefore, he's more likely to win. I will go for Serp since he's a bit more consistent.

Exploziff can play really, really well. At any point of the game, you have to be careful since a small mistake can result in a loss. This is further underlined by his interesting and offensively efficient teams, which make it very challenging for anyone to prepare for him; he's that unpredictable. However, his teams are not always overall stable since he puts a lot more emphasis on his own, formidable battling skills rather than stuff that would make his teams more safe. Furthermore, he has a slight tendency to perform inconsistently. That said, I could see him winning in M4A UU as he seems more familiar with this format, but Serp has the better advantage in M4A VGC due to his greater experiences there. M4A OU will be most likely decided by matchup. It's literally Exploziff's unpredictability vs Serp's OP teams (if he does resort to one of them).

Paul vs. Clasmia
If there is one thing we can be sure of, it's that both players have grown exponentially. I'm very impressed. There's no doubt it will be an interesting and intense set of Bo3. Paul will likely win due his greater teambuilding skills and familiarity with M4A OU and M4A UU. Moreover, Clasmia has the tendency to recycle his teams, making him more predictable and therefore exploitable. Of course, Clasmia could always decide to surprise us. As for M4A VGC, this might be the most intense one as they seem evenly matched. However, I will pray to the hax god day and night, hoping they won't punish Paul; after all, he does have some aweful luck from time to time.

Bekama vs. Indigo
Of the remaining players, Indigo is, by far, the best M4A VGC player. Therefore he's almost guaranteed to win there. Like many other people here, he has grown tremendously. His teambuilding skills in Singles in particular are starting to shine. So, that makes me lean towards Indigo even though Bekama has grown tremendously as well. Surprise us x)

Lmao Paul done before u pinged me this time

This one I think sticky has it but who knows serp has proven themselves to be a very good player

anyway Paul’s gonna get haxxed and lose lol
But Fr that’s gonna be a very close matchup

Sticky Fingaa vs Serp - the fact that he beat the best player in the tournament, pupugupu, in a classic “hard work versus talent” is proof of Sticky’s undying will to win. Serp, similarly, has had a long road to this moment, but I think his long road will end here. The Goatslayer, Sticky Fingaa, will win the tournament, mark my words.

Paulluxx vs Indigo - I think this game will come down to UU, as Indigo is triumphant against all in VGC, and Paul is very powerful in OU. I’m giving Indigo the edge because I trust his building more. Indigo teams are known to be solid, blankety check type teams that are cheese/hax-proof (as seen by his routing of Bekama in round 1 /j), while Paul’s teams may sometimes forget to account for a big time threat. In UU, a more underdeveloped tier, I’ll value consistency over higher peaks and lower valleys.

Can’t wait for Paul vs Serp finals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)