Lucario's Rage. RMT

I'm gonna set up my Wi-Fi within a few days, so I planned to come up with a OU team of my own. I'm not very good at battling and stuff like that, but I gave it a try. Here it is:

:TEAM MAKING:

I wanted to make the team with Lucario as the mascot.

Then, A Life Orb, Pursuit attracter for setting up Swords Dance.

And the lead. Infernape is 2HKOed after 2 Brave Birds, but Skarmory himself takes a lot of damage. It might not be able to set up stealth rock. Need help here.

Kingdra; the excelent sweeper. After a Dragon Dance, Outrage is enough to sweep. The only trouble this guy has is Blissey.

Sandstorm! Most of my team has resistance to Sandstorm, so it isn't much of a problem. It can do a lot of damage but can't take down except a few guys. Breloom's giving trouble, so this is the bait and the net.

The big guy girl's last, but not least. I was thinking of a bulky pokemon, and this was the first pokemon which came into my mind. So I decided to use him.

Put Flygon over Blissey to cover the weakness of ground. Also acts as a lure for dragons.

Shifted Rotom-W over Starmie as I've got suggestions for adding him. Personally, it is very good. Many Gyarados and Vappy are getting kicked out by this guy's help.

Many people were commenting on DD weakness, so again, Rotom-W -> Gengar. Having the same effeect on Vappy and Gyarados, but got a little problem on Starmie if it uses trick before and lost the Scarf.

Then I saw, Swampert is taking both Dragonite and Gyarados. So I decided to use him over Flygon. And a generous Faladran is willing to trade me a Suicune, so I'm using him too.

:TEAM IN DEPTH:

Skarmory @ Lum Berryy
Nature: Careful (+SpD -SpA)
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 130 Spe
Moveset
~Brave Bird
~Taunt
~Roost
~Spikes

A basic lead. Skarmory against the common leads:

Azelf: Ok, can set up Spikes (if it dosen't use Taunt, which is a no...). Can give a hit at least. Swampert helps here.
Infernape: Mostly 2HKO's Ape. Kinda hard to set up Spikes.
Metagross: Easy Spikes setup. If Metagross dosen't use Explosion, it can survive for a hit or two.
Aerodactyll: SR is for sure, but the thing I'm not sure is whether it can survive for at least 3 turns.
Gengar: Can easily taunt and setup spikes.
Machamp: Brave Bird hits him hard. Confusion has an effect on him, but I'll switch him out.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Moveset
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Beam
~Earthquake
~Roar

Swampert.......Put him over Flygon cause this guy can cover Dragonite with Ice Beam. As far as I've tried, its working well. Once Skarmory sets up a few layers of Spikes, use this guy to Roar. He has enough bulkness to take a few hits to Roar. Stone Edge is working very great on Gyarados, making it easier for other pokemon to sweep him.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid (+Spd -Atk)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset
~Thunder Bolt
~Trick
~Shadow Ball
~Hydro Pump

Used Gengar over him, but changed him back to Rotom-W cause DD Dragonite and DD Gyarados weakness is covered by Swampert. As I told before, I never used Rotom-W in my previous teams.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Nature: Hasty (+Spe -Def)
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpA / 242 Spe
Moveset
~Superpower
~Fire Blast
~Crunch
~Pursuit

As a dark type, this guy attracts Breloom who is a major problem to my team. Superpower OHKOs most Blissey, Lucario and Tyranitar. Fire Blast OHKO's Skarmory and Foretress. Pursuit helps to 2-3HKO Gengar who is another Sleep Guy.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Movset
~Calm Mind
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power Electric.

If Rotom or Swampert fail to take out DD Gyarados and Dragonite, this guy will take them out withoiut a fail. Never used Suicune before, but Faladran wanted to trade Suicune to me, so I'm gonna try it. Thanks Faladran!

Lucario @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Moveset
~Close Combat
~Swords Dance
~Extremespeed
~Crunch

Yup, here's the mascot. With support from all the other guys, his pretty sure to set up Swords Dance. Then, he's able to sweep 90% of the OU pokemon without a sweat. Breloom is again a threat if Tyranitar dosen't take him out.

Well, this is it. I know its pretty dum, but please take the time to rate and help improve this team.

just from a quick skim of your team:

skarmory is a very outdated lead, and the list you of other common leads is lacking to say the least.
Dragonite
Machamp
Heatran
Jirachi
Yanmega
exc.

i would use flygon over kingdra, flygon has the speed you need to hit hard and a much more versatile move pool and can come in whenever you need to protect tyranitar or another sweeper quickly.

Choice Scarf

Choice Scarf Jolly / Adamant Moveset EVs ~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ U-turn
~ Stone Edge / Fire Blast

Just a quick Skim for Skarmory its just not that useful any more especially since your trying for an offensive lead. i would advise using a Azelf or Dragonite anti-lead as there just powerful enough to rip through teams.

I would advise this as your Dragonite lead

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

its incredibly powerful and has the ability to rip through teams your main problem will come from Ice punch Machamp and other ice move users but Blissey can just absorb those attacks like a champ.

Hi,Looks Skarmory Leads Is Still Being Used -_-

As Reign Said,Its Outdated But It Can Work Out Awesome If You Use It Properly

Use Another Pokemon As A Lead And Make SkarmBliss Combo.Replace Kingdra With Dragonite - Anti-Lead :D.I Don't Have Many Suggestions.It Looks Solid :).The Only Problem To SkarmBliss Is MixApe,Which Isn't A Problem Because Starmie Is There.

Solid Team

Good Luck!

Hello

First of, Skarmory cannot learn Stone Edge, lol (I think you meant Stealth Rock ^^).
I do suggest a slightly different set however. This set doesn't have an offensive move but it makes up for that by having incredible bulk and being able to lay down both Stealth Rock and Spikes. The main idea is to shuffle your opponent's team around so his pokemon take more residual damage and of course you can scout his team. This is the set I'm suggesting.

Skarmory @ leftovers/ impish keen eye
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

If you need a somewhat bulkier Kingdra set perhaps a Rest-o-Chesto set might help. It is slightly bulkier and can rest of taken damage before starting a sweep.

Kingdra @ chesto berry/ adamant/ swift swim
144 HP / 160 Atk / 164 Spd / 42 SDef

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest

Hope this helped!

If you want an easier lucario set up, why not a Baton Passing Ninjask?
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ninjask
The Baton Pass V1 (classic) setup seems perfect for you, as a Ninjask cannot be outspeed that easily in OU.

You may want to consider Starmie having rapid spin, as i can see stealth rock and spikes could be an issue, as it would allow more survivability for the rest of the team.

As for Blissey, I believe aromatherapy might be more helpful than Ice Beam, but I'm not sure which one I'd go for, only a suggestion.

My only worry about your lucario is that without a speed boost it can be OHKO'd by the faster Gliscor using Earthquake, and your Lucario is lacking the Ice punch necessary to take it out.

Im new to OU aswell, so dont take my word as gospel, its just my advice

Skarmory does not counter Infernape. Infernape can OHKO with Fire Blast or SD boosted Fire Punch. Just be careful with Starmie and don't use it to bait Pursuiters too early and Starmie can easily revenge Infernape. Lucario's Extremespeed can also beat Infernape lacking Vacuum Wave/Mach Punch.

Skarmory lead is really awful. And why does yours have Stone Edge...? Azelf will Taunt, SR, then Fire Blast you away. Infernape will Fake Out and Fire Blast. Metagross can't do much to you. Aerodactyl will Taunt and SR. I haven't seen a Gengar lead in forever... Machamp will Dynamicpunch you and screw you up with confusion. If you Roost on Dynamicpunch it's supereffective.

Starmie looks pretty good. I would consider a bulkier spread given just enough speed to outspeed Gengar (and Infernape, by extension) for revenge killing purposes. The reason for that is that Infernape could sweep through at least a few members of your team (depending on its set), and Starmie is your best way to revenge it besides revealing Lucario.

Jolly Breloom will still outspeed your Tyranitar. I would guess that spread can OHKO Breloom assuming it's Adamant or has Focus Punch and not Superpower. Most Gengar carry Focus Blast so Tyranitar (especially non-scarfed) isn't a great switch-in to him. I would remove EVs from attack to bolster his speed, though I'm not sure if it'll help. You could also scarf him and still make use of Fire Blast, which allows him to deal with Gengar who hasn't gotten a sub up, and Jolly Breloom, assuming you aren't switching in (due to Spore/Focus Punch risk).

There are a few things you could do to make Kingdra more effective. I would suggest Substitute over Hydro Pump to protect from status (probably with Leftovers as the item), Rest (possibly with Chesto Berry) to set up and get a one-turn full heal and status removal, allowing you to set up under paralysis/burn and such. Removing Hydro Pump will make him physically walled easier, but it depends what works better for you, really.

Blissey doesn't look like she's doing a lot. I would try to stray away from just throwing SkarmBliss onto a team because it's not hugely effective in Gen IV. Unless your team is very weak to special attacks you don't really need her.

Your team lacks speed after Starmie is gone. Starmie is practically your only counter to Infernape who will run through this team and as you're using it as a lure it won't be surviving a long time. Kingdra is your reassurance. But you need +1 speed bonus otherwise Infernape can 2HKO you with Stealth Rocks down.

Couple of nitpicks, change the nature on Kingdra to either Naughty or Lonely if you're running a mixed sweeper set. Adamant just hinders the effectiveness of Hydro Pump. Also seeing as you already have Hydro Pump on Starmie, it would be a wise idea to change Hydro Pump on Kingdra for Draco Meteor.

As for the speed thing I stated earlier. You could run Thunder Wave instead of Toxic to slow down your opponent.

As for the Lucario. I've been seeing alot of Bullet Punching Lukes lately and for good reason. Gengar can outspeed Lucario and can kill it with Focus Blast. The only way you can kill it is if Focus Blast misses or if you predict the switch in to Gengar. However with Bullet Punch its a no brainer. You can Sword Dance up while your opponent switches then just Bullet Punch the Gengar for the kill. Gengar or any ghost for that matter is very good counters to Lucario. But with Bullet Punch you can eliminate it with ease.

Use Chest Rest Kingdra,It Is The Best Set Out There For Kingdra.It Can Survive Starmie's Thunderbolt.Usually Kingdra Gets DD Twice Or Thrice Then Rest And Chesto Berry Activates.You Wake Up And Proceed To Sweep.Here For The Ev Spread: ChestoRest Kingdra

As Many People Said,Your Team Doesn't Need SkarmBliss.It Needs Gliscor And Flygon.

Just Nitpicks

Good Luck!

Skarmory is a very ineffective lead. Seeing your team is based on getting a Lucario sweep I would recommend using a TrickScarf Uxie Lead. It can spread paralysis which can let Lucario set up more and outspeed many possible counters. They also work well as a defensive core in a sense due to their great typing which perfectly compliment each other.

I also see you do not have any Electric resist or immunity. I would recommend adding a Flygon over Kingdra because of this because it gives you another ground immunity, gives you a revenge killer and the typing compliments Lucario very nicely luring Ice and Dragon attacks which Lucario resists while it can take Earthquakes directed at Lucario.

You will also need to replace Blissey as it does not really assist with the team's synergy, I would recommend Shaymin as it does not give you a Dark/Ghost weakness and its Grass Typing is very useful and can have a support moveset to make it easier for your team to sweep and harm their team, especially with HP Fire to take out Scizor which can be a bit of a problem with U-Turn and with Leech Seed and Seed Flare it can harm switch ins.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hello Antarid interesting team you have yourself, I have a few suggestions that may help your team out!

Unlike everyone else I will have to disagree on Skarmory being an outdated lead. It works efficiently being able to set up layers and have the ability to Taunt slower pokemon such as Swampert, Forretress, Hippowdown, and Metagross not allowing them to set up Stealth Rock. Letting you set up Stealth Rock as well as one Layer of Spikes. With this said I would suggest you use Taunt > Brave Bird allowing you to stop slower leads mentioned from setting up Stealth Rock. You should also use Spikes over Whirlwind , the scenario stated above allows you to set up both entry hazards against any one of those slower leads and that is really helpful through out the game. I would also pack Lum Berry instead of Leftovers because this stops leads such as Roserade, Smeargle, and other sleep inducing leads from functioning. Since your Lum Berry heals you from Sleep and you let off a taunt preventing any more for those leads especially Roserade.

Skarmory @ Lum Berry | Keen Eye
Impish | 252 HP | 100 Speed | 158 SpD
Taunt | Stealth Rock | Spikes | Roost

With this said I would like to discuss this teams threats. You have an Agility Lucario weakness seeing that once it set ups the Agility and obtains the +2 speed you will have to sacrifice a pokemon. Then the only chance you can prevent Lucario from sweeping your team is switching in Kingdra considering it has 100% health and pray that Lucario does not get max damage seeing that it takes 89.7% - 105.5% from a Life Orb Close Combat. Even without max damage that is already a ko considering Stealth Rocks are in play. With that being your only option to prevent Lucario from sweeping and if that doesn't happen which from the looks of it wont. Agility Lucario will easily run over your team and even out speed every poke after the Agility. Lucario can easily set up on Blissey considering you don't have Thunder-wave fearing the Close Combat you will switch. It can also set up on Skarmory considering you switch out or continue to set up layers.

Like Delko suggested I would agree and wish that you use the set that he suggested you letting you take attacks decently. I do not see why you use Blissey on this team beside the fact that skarmbliss works well It really doesn't fit in well with this team and just adds on to the fighting type weakness seeing that you only have one fighting resist and that is Starmie, which is already frail due to 252/252 Ev spread. Instead I would suggest you use Rest talk Rotom because of it's fighting and ground immune as well as handling the Lucario situation much easier. Being able to switch into Lucarios obvious Close Combat and burning it in return while it Crunches. Then you will be able to Rest off the damage leaving Lucario literally useless especially if it is Agility Lucario which is the biggest threat to this team as of now. Having Rotom will also help you prevent the opponent from Rapid Spinning keeping your entry hazards intact.
---
Rotom - H @ Leftovers | Levitate
Bold | 252 HP | 120 Def | 136 SpD
Thunderbolt | Will-O-Wisp | Rest | Sleep Talk

Lucario - Adamant instead of Jolly
---
Good Luck!

Thanks everyone for helping me out!!

And about the Skarmory, I'm thinking of changing it as well, even though I've got some good comments on it. Any suggestions?

I also want to increase the speed on my Flygon, I'm thinking of reducing Atk EVs. Is is OK?

I've also got comments on changing Kingdra to Dragonite or changing Kindra's set. Decided on changing the set cause Dragonite has a Ice weakness. There's also a Flygon, and I don't want too many Ice weaknesses.

I was checking OU pokes, and I saw Ninjask is also a good support for SD setup for Lucario. Give it a Focus Sash, use a SD then Baton Pass. Lucario might get a chance for 2 SDs.

@iCharlie: Bullet Punch is not very common as I have noticed. Any other suggestions for taking out Gengar?

@Delko: Yup, thanks! I've changed my Kingdra to the Rest-o-Chesto set cause many people were suggesting it and it is workng out very well.

@360Swampert: I would prefer a Stealth Rock lead.

@Reign: It looks pretty good, but Choice Scarf Flygon is expected a lot. My Special Life Orb Flygon acts as a bait on dragons.

I would just change the item on Flygon to Expert Belt as that Flygon set can easily bluff the Scarfgon set, if you do this make sure to get max speed as 100 base speed is very useful in OU and if you act like you have Scarf you can scout with U-Turn and still get a lot of the coverage. I would also recommend getting an either HP Electric on it instead of Fire Blast or ThunderPunch instead of EQ (EQ has too many immunities, people have at least on every team or at least bulky neutrality) and you can easily get rid of Gyarados as long as you have Stealth Rocks with ThunderPunch/HP Electric, when I looked over your team again I saw you do not have anything to reliably stop Bulky DD Gyarados other than possibly Kingdra with Outrage (doing around 45-55% iirc), but Outrage shouldn't be used without DD in my opinion because of all the steels in OU.

Also instead of adding Bullet Punch on Lucario just when in doubt Crunch seeing Gengar will normally switch in as you set up and you can also try scouting their team with Flygon, so you shouldn't have too much trouble seeing a decent amount of their team.

@Human: Thanks, I've tried the tem out yesterday, and found the weakness to Gyarados. Outrage is doing a lot but not wiping it out. Then, DD Gyra is charging and wiping ME out. I'm using Thunder Punch as you suggested.

@Pharoh: Thanks for the nitpic! ;)

I still haven't got any idea about the leads.............

Flygon's set is a bit funky, have you tried

-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-ThunderPunch
-U Turn

?

This gives you some reliable STAB and generally covers similar things to Fire Blast.

EDIT: You should definetely change your Skarmory set, Scimjara's reccomended set is good, but I'd use alot less speed

Skarmory @ Lum Berry | Keen Eye
Careful | 252 HP | 44 Speed | 212 SpD
Taunt | Stealth Rock | Spikes | Roost

You can beat Smeargle,Forry,Roserade,Metagross etc. much more easily. Enough speed to taunt most Metagross before they SR and a few other 'Mons. Careful and a ton of special defence to set up on alot of weak special attacks.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello. This looks like a pretty good team. The main problem is the weakness to DD Dragonite and Gyarados, a weakness to opposing Jolly SD and Agility Lucario, and the lack of a spin blocker. However, the solution to most of these problems seems fairly simple.

Contrary to what others have said, Skarmory is actually quite an effective lead in the metagame. However, there is little point using lead Skarmory if you are not going to use Spikes. Normally I think it best to use a Spiker taunt Skarmory in the lead position, to prevent SR and set up Spikes, as well as dealing with Sleep leads thanks to Lum Berry. Unfortunately, in order still to have Whirlwind on your moveset you must give up Stealth Rock and place it elsewhere on your team. I would suggest, however, that you go straight for as many entry hazards as possible, since your team is not so weak to the opponents. A specially defensive Skarm is usually recommended so that it can set up on both Physical and special attackers. I would suggest 252hp 252spdef 4spe, Careful, Spikes/Roost/Stealth Rock/Whirlwind.

I would recommend a Choice Scarf Rotom-W over Starmie. Rotom-W can take out opposing DD Gyarados, against whom Kingdra and Skarmory are your best hopes (neither are very effective) and can do enough to DD Dragonite to put it in range of Lucario's Extremespeed. Rotom also does an excellent job in taking out opposing SD Lucario, although Agility versions are still a problem. Rotom-W blocks rapid spin to an extent, although obviously not as well as a bulky version, and can still act as pursuit bait, but can put Tyranitar into range for Lucario's +2 Extremespeed with Hydro Pump with some support (Starmie tends to discourage Tyranitar from coming in, and then is revenged by a full-health Scarf Tyranitar). Also note that this may free you up to run Adamant on Lucario without being swept by an opposing Adamant Lucario.

That Kingdra spread fails to carry out the task for which it was designed under Sandstorm. Though the set is undeniably brilliant, it will often find itself unable to set up on LO Starmie and Offensive Suicune due to this (it gets 2HKOed by Suicune's +1 and Starmie's LO Ice beam). Therefore you may want to consider RestTalk + Dragon Dance Kingdra, or simply fiddle with the current spread to make it more defensive. A RestTalk set would give you a more reliable status absorber too.

Good luck.

@Ghost: I've used Fire Blast for taking out Bronzong. Levitate Bronzong will be a problem then. Low speed leads, I see no point......

@jc104: Thanks for the sugestions! Changed Starmie to Rotom-W. And I've changed Kingdra too. I love Offensive Tanks!

Hello, I got your message. I can't tell if this is for wifi or not, because you said that at the top but if it is, you can't use Rotom-A. I'm mostly going to nitpick, the team looks solid.

Kingdra wants a Chesto Berry, not Leftovers, on any rest set. This is to wake him up ASAP.

Your team probably doesn't need two lures. TYranitar is more important to the Lucario sweep than Flygon, so why don't you make Flygon a Choice Bander? He'll dish out massive damage and can be very hard to play around.

ON Skarmory, replace Brave Bird with Spikes, this will abuse Skarmory's bulky and phazing powers to the fullest.

That's all I got, hope this all helped.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Solid team. If you want to use Flygon effectively with Lucario, I'd suggest switching it for a Choice Bander. This set deals much more damage to Flygon's usual checks, and can easily surprise common switch-ins to Flygon such as Rotom, Zapdos, Suicune and Gliscor, all of which are checks/counters to Lucario. A set of Outrage/Earthquake/Dragon Claw/U-turn should work fine. An Adamant nature gives more raw power to Flygon's attacks, while Jolly ties with other base 100's.

DDnite can be a serious problem for your team to face. Even if you can lock it into Outrage, Lucario is too frail to take boosted hits while the most Skarm can do is hit it with a weak BB. I don't know whether you'd like to replace Kingdra, but a defensive Suicune can be quite an effective DDnite counter. It also acts as a very good Infernape counter, who can otherwise rip your team to shreds if Rotom falls to a Scarftar. The moveset I have in mind is Surf/Ice Beam/Rest/Sleep Talk, but you can modify it to suit your needs. A Wish Vaporeon can also do well in that slot, providing more support for your sweepers, but unfortunately falls to a +1 Outrage.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing that DD mence is annoying for your team. Not sure how to fix that short but I would either scarf FLygon or run something like a SUicune that can take a hit from Dragonite and KO with Ice Beam.

K, I'm Bandin Flygon, even though I'm not fancy with the idea. I use attacks and when a trouble comes, I just U-Turn. It deals at least some damage which is better than switching. And Suicune........any other choice? Kingdra is actually very good. It working as a sweeper itself rather than Lucario support.

Why not go for Life Orb instead of Choice Band on Flygon ?

Cause i don't think a CB Fire Blast will do much damage, lol.

I was thinking of Expert Belt, but people told me to change it to CB. LO will do recoil damage. I think personally EB is better. Let's wait for more comments.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The DDnite weakness is too high to ignore. If you really want to keep Kingdra, you could try out a Scarf Gengar over Rotom-w, since you're playing on WiFi. It does make it harder to switch into Rapid Spinners, especially Starmie, but the fact that it takes on both DDnite and DDGyara is extremely useful for your team. A moveset of Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Trick should work well. The element of surprise will help you get useful KOs, and Trick can easily decapicitate an incoming Blissey.

Gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)