ORAS Ubers Low Life

Hello, My name is Execute, and welcome to my RMT based around Mega Gengar. I personally like the pokemon alot due to its ability to trap mons, such as Xerneas, and eliminate them for other pokemon. I'd like to establish this point in the beginning of the RMT that it is impossible to account for every pokemon, and that you sometimes will be put in situations where your opponents team is better than you based on match up, but strategic play should be your way to victory. With that said, onto the RMT !

I Decided to start this team off with a Mega Gengar since it can Trap things and kill / weaken them for my other team members.

Next came Darkrai because Gengar appreciates something that can switch into Lugia and Aegislash, and be able to threaten them out. Darkrai also helps wallbreak.

This team was extremely prone to being swept to Xerneas at this point so I added Primal Groudon to help aid in defeating it. This also is my Stealth Rocker.

Xerneas helped aid my darkrai weakness and also serves as a revenge killer.

Arceus is an amazing wincon that everyone undermines! In all seriousness, this thing is great for cleaning up late game.

With the Ability to revenge kill and eliminate / weaken key threats such as Skarmory, Primal Groudon, and Primal Kyogre, it was my last pick for the team.

Low Life (Gengar-Mega) @

Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast

- Hits Arceus Super Effectively. Also hits Darkrai and steel types that resist Poison.
- Sludge Wave

- Reliable STAB to Kill xerneas and to pick off weaken threats.
- Protect

- Allows us to Safely Mega Vs. Arceus and other mons that outspeed us pre-mega.
- Destiny Bond

- If gengar is bound to die or isn't of use anymore, Sacrifice it.

Gengar was the basis of the team. Its spectacular speed and Special Attack allow it to safely revenge kill pokemon such as Darkrai, Weakened Arceus, Xerneas, Clefable, and other fairy types. Focus Blast in conjunction of Sludge Wave allow us to hit a significant portion of the metagame. Protect allows to mega safely without the worry of being damaged, and Destiny Bond is used as a sacrifice play. Trapping threats such as Xerneas, Darkrai.

LiveFromTheGutter (Darkrai) @

Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse

Reliable STAB that hits hard.
- Dark Void

Puts the Opponent to sleep which opens the door for setup.
- Sludge Bomb

Allows us to not be a sitting duck vs Fairy types.
- Nasty Plot

In the situation we are given set up, allows us to tear threw the other team and open windows for other teammates to clean up.

Darkrai appreciates the disappearance of Xernas, apposing darkrai, and can finish off weaken Arceus. It can create situations that allow us to have other teammates finish off the game. Not many pokemon appreciate to take either a Dark Pulse or a Sludge Bomb from a LO Darkrai, especially if a Nasty Plot is under its belt.

Diamonds Dancing (Groudon) @

Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock

Essential part of every team.
- Earthquake

Reliable STAB
- Thunder Wave

Allows us to cripple set up sweepers
- Dragon Tail

Phases out set up sweepers before they can be deemed unstoppable.

Groudon is hands down the best pokemon in Ubers. It reliably gets up rocks every game, pushes out respectable damage without investment. It also cripples pokemon such as Xerneas and Salamence with Thunder Wave in the situation they set up on Groudon. Dragon Tail is here to Phase out Salamence before it becomes unmanagable, seeing as this team is quite weak to it. Earthquake is here to dish out reliable damage verses opposing Primal Groudon, Primal kyogre, Arceus Rock, and Xerneas. It can also take any Xerneas hit at +2, meaning you can Twave it and have a teammate pick it off.

Xanny Family (Xerneas) @

Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Moonblast

Reliable STAB.
- Sleep Talk

Allows us to check Darkrai.

At this point of the teambuilding process, I saw the ability to tear my team apart Opposing Darkrai had, and so I decided to add A Scarf Xerneas. If Darkrai kills something, you can bring this thing in for free, if you can't sacrifice a pokemon, you can always switch this thing in, take the dark void, and proceed to sleep talk into Moonblast to kill it. Considering Moonblast is our only other attack, this guarantees that we will get the kill verses Darkrai.

Jumpman (Arceus) @

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge

Hits Ho-Oh and other Birds in the Tier Super Effectively.
- Earthquake

Hits Arceus Rock, Primal Groudon, and Dialga Super Effectively.
- Extreme Speed

STAB that is almost guarantees you attacking your opponent first.
- Swords Dance

Allows Arceus to wallbreak for the rest of the team and to sweep late game.

Arceus is one of the most Versatile pokemon in the tier. Its normal form is also one of the most dangerous. Having a 80 Power STAB move that goes first in almost every situation isn't anything to slouch on. It also has the coverage to hit anything in the tier. Stone Edge hits the birds of the tier, the Lugias, Ho-Oh's, and the Yveltal's. Earthquake Hits Primal Groudon, Arceus Rock, and Diagla and allows for them to not check your moveset.

Wicked (Rayquaza) @

Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
-
Hits Primal Groudon extremely hard AKA Killing it every time.
- Dragon Ascent

Reliable STAB
- V-create

Great coverage vs Ferrothorn And Skarmory
- Extreme Speed

Good for revenge killing weakened pokemon.

Rayquaza's ability to wallbreak varies from KO'ing Primal Groudon with a Slightly inaccurate Aqual Tail, To Hitting Skarmory and Ferrothorn with V-Create. It can also come in on a weakened Xerneas, Darkrai, and Salamence. Dragon's Ascent Murders everything in its path, unless your name is Arceus Rock or Skarmory, you will not appreciate taking one Dragons Ascent.

- Opposing Darkrai can prove to be a problem if Xerneas is gone. Your options are hitting a Focus Blast, or send Rayquaza/arceus to Extreme Speed on their dark void. Then you either let them sack you and send in Your Gengar or Other Espeeder, or hope they get greedy with Nasty Plot and you get lucky with your sleep Turns.

- These things are only a problem if their appropriate Checks are down.

- You have to get Primal Groudon in on this thing and Dragon Tail it out ASAP. If you can, weaken it with something and send in a Extreme Speeder to finish it off. Xerneas should out outspeed the standard spread at +1 so that can also be a play if you choose to sack something.

Low Life (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

LiveFromTheGutter (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot

Diamonds Dancing (Groudon) @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail

Xanny Family (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
-
-

Jumpman (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Wicked (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Cryptis Mah boii we out here
Camilas HMU on skype bro
Angel & Gengar Cloyy hayleysworld Gang Gang Gang
The Trap God more like my dad
VeryPinkPancakes mayomayo Uwoodz03 Tournaments Gang Gang havent talked to you guys in awhile hmu one day

Last edited:

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hi, Execute.

I like how it looks like the result and especially the font. The offensive team like any other, although the Pdon striking, since it is not polish as they see. It can be understood as Stealth Rock and need to balance. You say Salamence Mega gives you problems, hence your decision Xerneas maximum speed + scarf. True, it is also complicated that that make you turn to Dragon Dance. Accounts with the help of several physical attackers priority. I would give you the option of Modest with some bulk and enough speed to overtake the annoying Deoxys-A. You are free to change or not. If you really care much about that threat, Timid is best.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest
Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

In theory that distribution you should anticipate fair. Otherwise rarely it occurs. You can always add a little more and subtract as necessary. This will remove more speed, but it gives you more offensive and balance. Nor you notice much because you're wearing scarf.

By the way, I'm not sure if it only happens to me, but I think the images of PDon are larger than others. And the object.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Hi n_n This looks like a pretty nice team that seems to work well vs stall and balance. It does seem a little weak to offense though. I have some suggestions which will make this team much more solid overall.

Firstly, I suggest you to run Shadow ball instead of Sludge wave on Gengar. Shadow ball hits pretty much everything in the tier for good damage (Groudon-primal, Klefki, Lugia, Sableye-mega, lati@s, Gengar, Arceus-ghost etc). On the other hand, Sludge wave isn't very good at the moment due to high usage of Groudon-primal and many top threats resist it.

Looking at the team, Xerneas + Salamence-mega are kinda problematic for the team. That's because if one of them sets up, only Groudon-primal can tank a hit in the team. I suggest you to use Dialga instead of Darkrai. Dialga fits very well in this team and helps the team in multiple ways. First up, It takes the Stealth Rock duty from Groudon-primal which is really good. Secondly, it can soft check top threats like Salamence-mega, Groudon-primal etc thanks to Shuca berry. Thirdly, it's very good against bulky teams as it's immune to toxic, so it's great for pressuring most defoggers and mons such as Lugia, Skarmory, Klefki etc. With this, Groudon-primal will only have to worry for Xerneas.
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Since Dialga is the Stealth Rock user now, Groudon-primal can be used for offensive purposes which is cool. I suggest you to use this set:
Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

This set is exceptionally good as it can punch holes in bulky teams. Thunder Wave helps vs bulky stuff that give Groudon-primal a hard time such as Arceus-water, lati@s, Lugia etc. Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge on this set because of the 30% flinch chance and it pairs really well with Thunder Wave. The HP and Special Defense EVs allow Primal Groudon to survive a Focus Blast from +2 Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage. 12 Speed EVs allow Primal Groudon to outspeed maximum Speed Diancie before it Mega Evolves. The remaining EVs are placed into Attack with an Adamant nature to maximize firepower, which helps Primal Groudon with wallbreaking.

Lastly, I suggest you to use Choice Band instead of Life Orb on Rayquaza. Band Rayquaza has enough power to 2HKO pretty much everything that does not resist Dragon Ascent, making Rayquaza a solid revenge killer and sweeper.
Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Aqua Tail

Also use Modest Nature instead of Timid on Xerneas, as with Modest Nature, Xerneas is more powerful and still outspeeds the stuff it needs to, as mentioned in the above post.

Hope I helped and good luck n_n

Hi, Execute.

I like how it looks like the result and especially the font. The offensive team like any other, although the Pdon striking, since it is not polish as they see. It can be understood as Stealth Rock and need to balance. You say Salamence Mega gives you problems, hence your decision Xerneas maximum speed + scarf. True, it is also complicated that that make you turn to Dragon Dance. Accounts with the help of several physical attackers priority. I would give you the option of Modest with some bulk and enough speed to overtake the annoying Deoxys-A. You are free to change or not. If you really care much about that threat, Timid is best.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest
Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

In theory that distribution you should anticipate fair. Otherwise rarely it occurs. You can always add a little more and subtract as necessary. This will remove more speed, but it gives you more offensive and balance. Nor you notice much because you're wearing scarf.

By the way, I'm not sure if it only happens to me, but I think the images of PDon are larger than others. And the object.
First off yea i see this change being nice, considering my team doesn't switch into Deoxys, it only revenge kills. Thanks for your the rate n_n. 2nd off yea the primal sprite was taken off a different source because my main source didn't provide a primal sprite >_<. None the less this should do. Thanks for the complements :D

Hi n_n This looks like a pretty nice team that seems to work well vs stall and balance. It does seem a little weak to offense though. I have some suggestions which will make this team much more solid overall.

Firstly, I suggest you to run Shadow ball instead of Sludge wave on Gengar. Shadow ball hits pretty much everything in the tier for good damage (Groudon-primal, Klefki, Lugia, Sableye-mega, lati@s, Gengar, Arceus-ghost etc). On the other hand, Sludge wave isn't very good at the moment due to high usage of Groudon-primal and many top threats resist it.

Looking at the team, Xerneas + Salamence-mega are kinda problematic for the team. That's because if one of them sets up, only Groudon-primal can tank a hit in the team. I suggest you to use Dialga instead of Darkrai. Dialga fits very well in this team and helps the team in multiple ways. First up, It takes the Stealth Rock duty from Groudon-primal which is really good. Secondly, it can soft check top threats like Salamence-mega, Groudon-primal etc thanks to Shuca berry. Thirdly, it's very good against bulky teams as it's immune to toxic, so it's great for pressuring most defoggers and mons such as Lugia, Skarmory, Klefki etc. With this, Groudon-primal will only have to worry for Xerneas.
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Since Dialga is the Stealth Rock user now, Groudon-primal can be used for offensive purposes which is cool. I suggest you to use this set:
Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

This set is exceptionally good as it can punch holes in bulky teams. Thunder Wave helps vs bulky stuff that give Groudon-primal a hard time such as Arceus-water, lati@s, Lugia etc. Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge on this set because of the 30% flinch chance and it pairs really well with Thunder Wave. The HP and Special Defense EVs allow Primal Groudon to survive a Focus Blast from +2 Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage. 12 Speed EVs allow Primal Groudon to outspeed maximum Speed Diancie before it Mega Evolves. The remaining EVs are placed into Attack with an Adamant nature to maximize firepower, which helps Primal Groudon with wallbreaking.

Lastly, I suggest you to use Choice Band instead of Life Orb on Rayquaza. Band Rayquaza has enough power to 2HKO pretty much everything that does not resist Dragon Ascent, making Rayquaza a solid revenge killer and sweeper.
Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Aqua Tail

Also use Modest Nature instead of Timid on Xerneas, as with Modest Nature, Xerneas is more powerful and still outspeeds the stuff it needs to, as mentioned in the above post.

Hope I helped and good luck n_n
These changes make complete sense and thank you for mentioning these changes. Choice Band on Rayquaza helps wallbreak even more than it already does. Dialga adds another Primal Kyogre check and thats nice considering the only two Mons I had to threaten it don't appreciate taking a hit. Paradance Groudon also seems fun and useful! Thank you for checking out my rmt and rating it i appreciate it alot :D

Obviously it's personal preference, but I prefer PBlades to EQ on PDon. You miss out on the 2HKO on the standard Xern set, which is important. PBlades has a good chance to 2HKO defensive POgre after Rocks, which doesn't sound useful, but could be if you decide to speed creep other base 90s, so you could hit it on the switch and then finish it off. You miss out on a good chance to OHKO Rai after Rocks. You have a better chance to 2HKO EKiller after rocks (100% vs. 59%). Obviously it's up to you, but I much prefer the extra power.

Obviously it's personal preference, but I prefer PBlades to EQ on PDon. You miss out on the 2HKO on the standard Xern set, which is important. PBlades has a good chance to 2HKO defensive POgre after Rocks, which doesn't sound useful, but could be if you decide to speed creep other base 90s, so you could hit it on the switch and then finish it off. You miss out on a good chance to OHKO Rai after Rocks. You have a better chance to 2HKO EKiller after rocks (100% vs. 59%). Obviously it's up to you, but I much prefer the extra power.
Thanks for the rate bro!

After looking at Level 56 's post, im relying on a Paradance set now and that should satisfy your suggestions!

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
One more I wanted to add in my post but forgot. I suggest you to use Arceus-ground instead of Arceus-normal. Arceus-ground will help a lot in dealing with threats like Rock Polish Groudon-primal, Diancie-mega etc, which otherwise, can prove to be a bit problematic.
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Good luck n_n

mags

Banned deucer.
thank u for taking the time to make this rmt beautiful! The font and the layout is pleasing. Anyways level 56 did a nice rate i just wanted to say that the rmt looked nice lmao

thank u for taking the time to make this rmt beautiful! The font and the layout is pleasing. Anyways level 56 did a nice rate i just wanted to say that the rmt looked nice lmao
Thanks for checking it out magsyy ! I truly appreciate. Also thank you for complementing my design! I feel that the RMT needs a nice lay out because people won't read it otherwise lol. It took awhile but it was well worth the effort :)

Samqian

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past WCoP Champion
Double Dance Groudon is a pretty big threat to this team once Dialga is killed, so I would use Taunt>Destiny Bond so it won't be able to set up on your gengar. I can't really see anything that bond does besides kill e killer, but it should be weakened enough to get killed by focus blast.

Nice rmt and gl

e. With this you should keep e killer on this team, but u can test 56 and mine suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)