Validator Low-level Staravia and Bibarel

What type of bug are you reporting? Validator

What is the bug?
The validator does not recognize level 4 Staravia or Bibarel as legal in several formats. In older gens the validator says they need to be lvl 14 and 15 respectively to evolve, despite them being available in the wild at level 4 at Lake verity in Diamond and Pearl. In more recent generations where they can be obtained at that level via Pokemon GO, the validator will instead say their move is incompatible with their Pokemon GO origin if it has a move that it can't get from Pokemon GO. Tackle, for example. Though the move is legal on them at that level per their level up learn set and the fact they can be legally obtained as low as level 4 in Diamond and Pearl.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Go into Teambuilder and add a Staravia and Bibarel to your team, set their level to 4 and give them tackle and growl (both legal moves at that level for them) and Teambuilder will flag them as invalid (the only exception I can find is gen 9 natdex for Staravia).

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm in the process of compiling low-level encounters like this, but generally speaking they're very low priority for Showdown. With our current architecture, we'd have to implement all of the otherwise low-level encounters as events; we don't currently store encounter tables from each game or anything. I will add this to the list once I have finished compiling all the currently known examples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)