Love Compatibility Test! It Really Works!

In your opinion, is there a type of relationship that outlasts or is simply stronger than another type? Say for example, these two people were best friends because they had so much in common, like the same music, sports, same interests. However, they have complete opposite ideals and such. Say one believes people are naturally evil, and the other has hope in the common man. Then there's this other pair that dislike the smaller things, they like different music, etc. But they take the same stand on larger concepts. Which one is a better bond? Two people complimenting each other, or two people agreeing on the same things?

Two opposite people would make a good pair because they fill the void of the other person, so together they see things in more ways then a pair that only take one side. However, they're probably more prone to arguing with each other in this way. Two similar people has its obvious advantages: They probably won't argue as much, and will most likely like each other more, since let's face it, some people get really ticked off when they see someone disagreeing with them. However, they might be narrowminded, since they won't see it in the way that someone with an opposite view would.

So, is there any type of pair that is better than another? Or is all of this not very relevant and it's just some natural chemistry?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I've often heard people say that couples who have stronger fights have stronger bonds because of it, and therefore love each other more deeply. I suppose it's possible, every time my ex-roommate gets drunk he makes his girlfriend cry, and they're just passing their one-year anniversary.

my ex-roommate gets drunk he makes his girlfriend cry, and they're just passing their one-year anniversary.
Why must you describe my relationships so vividly?

The reason that couples that are stronger fight more is because they bring issues to the surface; they don't let them fester and get much worse than they are. So, they fight more as a result but the fights are definately smaller.

In general you're going to want things in common just to find things to talk about. When you're in a relationship, you're also making a new friend, and friends have common interests and do things together.

If you have ideological differences these usually don't surface as easily, but can cause problems down the road especially if you have kids. You're likely to have some form of disagreement with your partner politically, religously whatever, but if you're too different things could get ugly.

Despite the phrase "Opposites attract" you're more likely to have a better relationship when you're more similar. You don't want a clone of yourself obviously, but people tend to enjoy being around those similar to themselves.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Platonic love where you do not care for what is tangible or physical will invariably last because the focus of your love will never change.

True friendship develops from understanding. You could have everything or nothing in common with someone, but that will not determine whether you will become close friends. Friendship is the mutual discovery and acceptance of what makes someone else tick.

i agree with mcgraw's description related to understanding-->friendship.\
the more you understand someone and admire them, the closer you are likely to get to them provided they feel the same for you. going past platonic love is mostly just a desire to understand what kind of kisses the person likes and how you can use this knowledge to make them happier. the understanding/discovery just goes a little deeper into the person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)