Looking for Advice for my team

I wanted to build a team around the newcomer to SV Torterra.
I built this team specifically for doubles and wanted to know of a way to improve it.
This is my first time trying to make a team so any advice would be much appreciated.

Torterra @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 50
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

I built this team around Torterra and I attempted to do research on viable strategies for Torterra. The only one I could find was shell smash Loaded Dice, and I did not like that strategy very much, so I decided to modify it to my Liking. This is a Trick Room Torterra with Loaded Dice to do some good damage, along with leech seed and protect to get some healing to go along with Torterra's bulk

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 60 HP / 132 Def / 180 SpA / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Lunar Blessing
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock

This Cresselia is built mainly to set of trick room for Torterra, along with supporting my other mons. I added Dazzling gleam to give me a good damage option, especially against Dark and Dragon types. Psyshock was just for stab damage. I built Cressilia bulky just so she can survive and get the trick room off to help the rest of my team, plus that gives her more time to support with Lunar Blessing

Abomasnow @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 108 HP / 28 Atk / 172 Def / 28 SpA / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer

This Abomasnow was built for Aurora Viel and to get off some good damage in the process. I made it so he would also get some use out of the Trick Room set of Cressilia and spam Blizzard. I added Ice Shard to get deal some damage when he is outsped as do to Abomasnow's type he can go down in one hit very easily. I have Wood Hammer to do some great damage to other treats that resist blizzard, like tyranitar.

Armarouge @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Expanding Force
- Aura Sphere
- Armor Cannon

This Armarouge was built to be a mon with good use outside of trick room. I gave him the scarf to hopefully outspeed mons and get off a quick kill, sadly he is still outsped by some of the Paradox Pokemon like Fluttering Mane and Iron Bundle, who both counter him hard. On the Ppus side, I found in my testing that he is a preety good counter to aurora veil setup from alolan ninetales as with the scarf he outspeeds and can easily earn a kill

Arcanine-Hisui @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Extreme Speed

This Arcanine was also built for use out of trick room, however, do to some of the massive speed stats seen in this generation, he can still make use of it. I built him around the use of rock head and recoil moves to do as much damage as possible while he is out, and then added extreme speed to get off any last ditch damage before he dies. I made him Tera Normal so he could potentially survive a Iron Bundle Hydro Pump and get a revenge kill, plus this lets him get stab on both extreme speed and double edge. He acts as a pretty good partner to the Armarouge with each of them picking of kills where the other left off

Ceruledge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poltergeist
- Poison Jab
- Bitter Blade

This Ceruledge was a set-up sweeper that originally had weak armor as his ability, so he could outspeed most mons after getting a physical hit, but I change to Flash Fire so he wouldn't have a weakness to fire when Tera'd (I add an idea to go back to weak armor and switch the tera type to Rock or Normal but I haven't tried that yet). He was also built to hopefully make use of the lack of trick room through the use of weak armor, but due to his base low speed he can also make use of trick room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)