Rejected Locked users differentiate from VPN locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if a member of the community is locked it looks like the did something wrong but if instead when you click on there name and it is VPN locked instead of just locked locked, I think some people in the community may look down on locked users because they are seen as rule breakers so I suggest having the VPN lock being said when a user clicks on the locked person as VPN and not just locked. Thanks.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
I don't think we should be publicly showcasing the connection type of our users. Furthermore, a lot of bad actors use VPNs as well. Finally, it sounds like something that will only give more work to global staff, when people will want to be shown as "VPN locked" instead of "locked locked" (be it a true issue or not), they will forcefully contact gstaff as they don't have other way to communicate; this will effectively be a loss of time since I see it becoming a long argument with the user a lot of times. If you don't want to be locked, don't use VPNs. If there is any worry about someone's honor because of having the locked rank, relevant parties (room staff and such) can ask global staff to confirm.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Sorry to have to put it this way, but it doesn't really matter if they're locked for VPN use or as a direct punishment. Plenty of actually "bad" users go on VPNs to try and avoid certain punishments as is, so VPN users aren't all as Innocent as you're thinking. Also, a regular community member using a VPN for innocent reasons can just disable it and chat with people if they really want to (and those who can't have an avenue to ask admins for help). I said as much in a previous suggestion, but we aren't interested in glorifying locked users for any reason.

Sorry to have to put it this way, but it doesn't really matter if they're locked for VPN use or as a direct punishment. Plenty of actually "bad" users go on VPNs to try and avoid certain punishments as is, so VPN users aren't all as Innocent as you're thinking. Also, a regular community member using a VPN for innocent reasons can just disable it and chat with people if they really want to (and those who can't have an avenue to ask admins for help). I said as much in a previous suggestion, but we aren't interested in glorifying locked users for any reason.
Right I forgot I replied to that thread My bad sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)