Lockdown Mafia 2: Hail To The Chief - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4. reachzero
Seriously, what were you thinking with the Class lynch? You said that you 'looked through the thread' and found that he was the most suspicious -- and yet you overlook the biggest thing he's done, on the very first day?
Please explain why you chose to defend Mekkah.
In terms of my Class vote, I think there were two big factors that contributed to that terrible decision--one was the fact that I was rushing because I was pressed for time. I knew that the deadline was just a few minutes away, and I had already come to the conclusion that Mekkah was probably not mafia. The other factor was that I was reading the thread backwards, from most recent to least recent. Class was the only living player besides RaRe555 who stood out for suspicious behavior, and I didn't make it all the way back to the beginning of the thread in my haste. RaRe555 was tempting as well, though his responses when CIM pressed him on whether he was inspector didn't seem all that much like mafia to me. In other words, from a quick look backwards, Class seemed much suspicious than he would have if I had used a detailed look forwards through the thread from the beginning. The other thing that struck me, looking back like that, is that I am pretty sure that TotalPotato in particular is not mafia; his voting record is not suspicious and his attitude does not seem to line up with any mafia strategy I can think of.

With regard to Mekkah's innocence, I am almost 100% sure of that one. I named most of my reasons for thinking he is innocent in my post right before the deadline (my research on Mekkah is actually the reason I was pressed for time against the deadline); I do have one more insight to add to it now, though. Mekkah is well-known for his skill in mafia, to the extent that he was nominated for Best Mafia Player this year. Whatever else this means in terms of how the other players perceive him, I think it definitely means that if Mekkah was mafia, the mafia would be well-run and coherent. However, thus far I believe that the mafia has been chaotic and badly-run; Trick Room and Tyranidos seem to be almost certainly mafia, having made classic mafia mistakes that I can't believe that Mekkah would have allowed if he were mafia.

I feel that thunda, on the other hand, is too suspicious at this point to ignore. I suspect that he was the mafia's recruit, and that he has been about as useful to them as he has been to us in the thread (not very....). As such, I vote to fire Thunda.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why has no one considered the possibility that Class was faking stupid?

I'm just saying.

Anyway, more coming soon. Just got back. Thunda must die yadda yadda.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that Lightwolf brings up Rook's nightkill, this solidifies suspicions i had of thunda. Who else would nightkill Rook when he was a likely target for lynch the next day?

I am not voting thunda yet as I would like the day to keep going and for more people to talk, but I do think that he is the correct lynch for today.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In a strange turn of events, a birth certificate for TotalPotato has surfaced stating that his true age is 13, despite his having a driver's license claiming that his age is actually 37. Pending an investigation, he has resigned from the board.

TotalPotato has been forced to resign. It is now Day 6.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
At this point in the game, everyone has posted at least something useful or meaningful to the discussion. However, two users stand out as not having done anything the entire game: macle, and jermy.

We cannot afford to let them continue not to do anything. I propose that one of them should be lynched today. Which one do we lynch? We lynch the user who defends himself worse.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
How about you read my post? The reason I'm calling them out is so that they defend themselves. If they physically aren't capable of posting, then they should have been subbed out by now, and if they are, then we need to hear their opinions on the game. We cannot afford to let them continue not to post, lynching them without them posting means nothing; as we would have no idea whether they were mafia or not, and we have no voting pattern to analyze.

However, any villager would want to post now, as they are being targeted for a mislynch. Villagers would post as soon as they could after seeing that they had been called out.

Very well, askaninjask. I say we should give them tomorrow to defend themselves and on Dec. 30th vote for whomever has the worst defense. If for some reason either of them do not post anything and we're nearing the deadline we should vote for jermy as macle has shown more potential to contribute.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorry but i don't have anything to contribute atm since i've been partying all week and i won't have time tomorrow since im having a party at my house so you'll just have to wait until wednesday. =/

cim

Jermy's less active than macle, so let's burn him. Fire Jermy

(Judging who to lynch based on self defenses is just killing the stupider / less eloquent player IMO)

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, jermy has said pretty much nothing meaninful except argue for no lynch day one, and voting to elect RaRe right at the very beginning. fire jermy

cim

That is the point, we need to rid ourselves of the less intelligent players so we can try to gather more information
It's Day 6, do you really think that we're going to "gather information" in this game? Killing stupid people initially is better if you don't have an idea who's the most suspicious, but it's not a sustainable habit since then all of the smart players remain, including smart mafia.

So basically, he's more suspicious. We shouldn't go "which one is dumber", we should go "which one is more suspicious".

I'm sorry if I don't have anything helpful to contribute. However, I do have a thought about firing CIM. He's been one of the bigger contributors to the conversation, and yet the mafia hasn't targeted him even once. Why wouldn't they target an experienced NOC mafia player?
In my defense, there's no point in lynching me. If being inactive makes me suspicious as mafia, then why haven't I defended those who were lynched? And if you're lynching me because I don't post enough, what do you have to gain from lynching an inactive villager?

I blame the holidays for the inactivity.
I'm sorry if I don't have anything helpful to contribute.
I have had that same problem almost throughout the whole game (maybe because it's my first game or something), but I have at least tried to post my opinions and contribute anything, even if its minimal. I have come to realize that excuse is not exactly a good one imo.

However, I do have a thought about firing CIM. He's been one of the bigger contributors to the conversation, and yet the mafia hasn't targeted him even once. Why wouldn't they target an experienced NOC mafia player??
Yeah, you do have a point here. Mafia could be wifoming, but if they did it with Mekkah, I doubt they would be doing it again.

I'm not sure who to vote, I'm leaning toward jermy, but I keep thinking he's a new player that just had no idea what to say, although he could just as easily be mafia trying to lie low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)