Little Room (Trick Room RMT)

Little Room

After making my first RMT, I stopped playing Little Cup for a while. I recently read something that mentioned Trick Room in Little Cup and I was inspired to make on myself. So far I've found the team to be pretty successful, but I feel that it still needs more improvement. My knowledge of LC is pretty limited, so here I am! Here's the team:

Croagunk

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 144 SAtk / 116 SDef / 36 Def
Modest Nature
  • Vacuum Wave
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Shadow Ball
  • Nasty Plot
This is the member of the team I'm least sure of. I figured the team needed a user of priority, and Croagunk was the first thing to come to me. When I saw that Croagunk learned Nasty Plot I decided to go for it. I feel like this pokemon could really be replaced, or atleast changed significantly moveset wise. Vacuum Wave and Sludge Bomb are for obvious STAB attacks, and Shadow Ball is to give perfect neutral coverage coupled with Vacuum Wave. I opted for a bulkier set just because I didn't see the need to have speed on it, especially since it has access to Vacuum Wave.

Solosis

Solosis @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SAtk / 252 HP
Quiet Nature
  • Psyshock
  • Shadow Ball
  • Hidden Power [Fighting]
  • Trick Room
Trick Room setter #1, and I've found Solosis to be a very valuable member to this team. Magic Guard is such a useful thing to have at your disposal, especially against stall teams relying on residual damage. It's move set is standard Trick Room stuff, but it is very effective and powerful. I would like to be able to fit recover onto this thing, I really don't think I can sacrifice any of it's moves.

Rhyhorn

Rhyhorn @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SDef
Brave Nature
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Blast
  • Aqua Tail
  • Stealth Rock
Rhyhorn is a huge asset to this team, and provides it much some great bulk and power. Rhyhorn's EdgeQuake coverage is indispensable to the team, especially thanks to Rhyhorn's high attack stat. Aqua Tail is for opposing Ground types, but I'm thinking that it's not very useful and could be replaced. Rhyhorn is also the team's Stealth Rock user, which is always important to have. Rhyhorn is my main physical Trick Room sweeper, and it does it's job very well.

Natu

Natu @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 200 HP / 156 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Def
Quiet Nature
  • Psyshock
  • Giga Drain
  • Roost
  • Trick Room
Trick Room setter #2, and an important support pokemon to this team. Natu's great ability Magic Bounce is very useful for keeping entry hazards off the side of my field, but Natu is also useful for dealing with status users or Leech Seeders. I decided for a bulky offensive set just to deal some more damage, but I'm wondering if a more defensive set would be better. Psyshock for STAB coverage and Giga Drain to hit Ground & Rock types which usually will be trying to set up Stealth Rocks.

Yamask

Yamask @ Oran Berry
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 216 HP / 160 SAtk / 80 SDef
Quiet Nature
  • Shadow Ball
  • Hidden Power [Fighting]
  • Nasty Plot
  • Trick Room
The team's final Trick Room setter, and the team's best way to deal with Fighting types. Yamask deals pretty nice damage, especially after getting a Nasty Plot up. I chose Oran Berry just because it was the suggested item on Yamask's Smogon analysis, but I feel like that might not be the most optimal option. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting give it perfect neutral coverage, enabling it to hit every pokemon in the metagame.

Munchlax

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SDef
Brave Nature
  • Return
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Punch
  • Pursuit
Munchlax is the team's best/only real answer to Misdreavus, especially if Missy has gotten a Nasty Plot. Munchlax's great special bulk and access to Pursuit make it a great way to deal with the Ghosts and Psychic types of the tier, while still maintaining offensive pressure. I really feel like Munchlax should stay on the team, but I'm wondering if a different EV spread would be better for it.

I'd love any input I can get on this team, especially on Croagunk's slot in the team. Thanks!

Importable:
Croagunk @ Eviolite
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Def / 144 SAtk / 116 SDef
Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Solosis @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick Room

Rhyhorn @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock

Natu @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 200 HP / 76 Def / 156 SAtk / 76 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Roost
- Trick Room

Yamask @ Oran Berry
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 216 HP / 160 SAtk / 80 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SDef
Brave Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

I just noticed the team is Dragon weak, are there any good Steel types that could fit onto this team?

EDIT: Also thinking I don't need Natu either

I'm wondering why you're not using Cubone on this team? It hits much harder than, well... anything. I think it would work much better than Rhyhorn. Your sweeper shouldn't be setting up rocks anyway.
Cubone @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Nature: Brave
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 36 SpD
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Double-Edge

Since you don't think you need Natu, and you no longer have a Stealth Rock user, why not try Bronzor in that spot?
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Trick Room
-Flash Cannon/Gyro Ball
-Earthquake/Psychic
The attacking moves can really be up to you, obviously take out the attack EVs if you're going all special.

I hope this helps!

Both of those are good ideas, I'll be sure to try them out. I just chose Rhyhorn thanks to it being a great way to deal with Fire types, something the team would otherwise have some trouble with. I'll test them both out now and see how it goes. Thanks!

EDIT: Bronzor is a great replacement for Natu, I honestly don't think I needed it in the first place since this team isn't even weak to Stealth Rocks. I do think the lack of a Fire resist (barring Munchlax) is kind of a problem, I'm thinking about maybe replacing Croagunk with something link Kabuto/Tirtouga? Cubone is just obscenely powerful, it's a great trick room sweeper.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hey there! I applaud you for attempting to create a Trick Room LC team, which is widely considered not competitively viable. I have a few edits to make to reduce the weaknesses your team has. Now first of all, synergistically, Trick Room teams are traditionally comprised of mons weak to Dark and Ghost. Your team is no exception. A few mons give you incredible trouble. As you mentioned, Nasty Plot Missy is very hard to deal with. Also, I see Scraggy being problematic after Croagunk dies. As I requested the importable, I took this team for a spin, and I must say I was impressed. Croagunk was also amazing in my experience, it really was a vital part of your team. So after all the testing, I deemed Natu useless to the purpose of this team. To fix your weakness to Missy, I implemented a SubRoost Krow instead of Natu, and it worked really well. Prankster allows it to bypass Trick Room if it is still up, and it beats Missy easily. Overall, I felt it provided quick offensive presence while TR wasn't up. The set is standard and on the site, I unfortunately am I on my phone and cannot post it directly. So far, that is the only change I toyed with so far, I might add more tomorrow if I find any more issues. Also, imo Rhyhorn is very nice thanks to vital flying resist, which allows it to smash Krow into the ground, especially with Rock Blast. The resists it brings to the table are quite necessary for your team, and I would definitely keep it. Overall, cool team. I hope I helped and good luck!

Thanks for the rate Dcae, I really appreciate the time you've spent testing it out. I'll be sure to try Murkrow over Natu (currently Bronzor), but I'll kind of miss having a reliably bulky Trick Room setter. I'm honestly surprised that you find Croagunk any good at all, I've not really found much value in it. But coming from a skilled LC player I'll be sure to give it another try.

I'm currently giving Tirtouga a try over Rhyhorn, just for fun. Do you think that Rhyhorn would be better though?

EDIT: Clamperl as a TR sweeper just occured to me, I know it has massive special attack but is it considered any good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)