Other Literally Satan: NOCturnal Hunter's Psychic Monotype

Hey guys, this is yet another team from me, this time from Monotype. This is my...first Monotype team? I don't remember when it was made, I just know that it is my favorite to this day. No matter how bad this team may look or be, it is still fun.

Here's a quick overview of the team as of right now:

Yes, I know it looks shitty. Instead of mocking my choices, try giving some constructive criticism. :heart:

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Gothitelle is the whole reason I made this team. Since so many teams have one or two Pokemon that can wall Psychic Monotype, Gothitelle can trap and kill that wall, or trick its scarf onto it. Shadow Tag is what makes this all possible; Locking in non-ghost types is what truly makes Gothitelle OU. Psychic was chosen as Special walls can be badly crippled with Trick. Thunderbolt was chosen because of its great coverage. Signal Beam was chosen because...actually, I don't think I remember why I chose Signal Beam. Maybe because Gothitelle has such a mediocre movepool?

Actually, I did a check on the coverage provided by Psychic/Electric/Bug coverage. Turns out that only 5 fully evolved Pokemon resist that coverage. One of those is Dialga. Three of them are Magnezone, Steelix, and Shedinja. The last one is Excadrill. So, I'd say that that coverage is not as bad as it seems.

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Malamar is very underrated in Monotype. If you give him half a chance, he can sweep entire teams. Oh, and the Rest Talk variant can make a dangerous lead. Rest Talk gives a nice amount of longevity to the otherwise frail squid. Knock Off allows me to easily hit Ghost types, who wreck Psychic Mono about as badly as Dark types, as well as provide a solid STAB. Superpower, when combined with Contrary, can aid Malamar in heavily damaging opposing leads. Honestly, when this thing leads, it usually takes out two Pokemon before it goes down. I've even had games where this squid sweeps 6-0.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Psycho Cut

Medicham is basically my failsafe; if the rest of my team can't handle a threat, Medicham's priority usually does the trick. Fake Out allows Medicham to Mega Evolve, turning into a killing machine. Bullet Punch gives me a secondary priority, allowing myself to kill things Fake Out nearly killed. Drain Punch and Psycho Cut give me two STAB moves.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Ice Beam

Scarf Latios is yet another choiced attacker for my psychic team. It really can make things die easily with Victini and Malamar striking the physical side. As with all of my Choice Scarf/Band/Specs users, I packed Latios with a trick, making him very annoying to stall, especially with Chansey coming in to absorb a "Psychic". Yes, I know that not all Monotype stall teams have Chansey, but the point remains the same. The rest of the set is there to make things die fast.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Now for the cutest brute (if you don't understand that comment, I usually name my Victini "Cutest Brute"). V-create is the selling point of Victini, as with STAB, things will die. So, I decided to smack a Choice Band to make even more things die! Bolt Strike is solid coverage. U-turn allows me to gtfo if things go south. Trick is there to troll walls.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Now, Cresselia is the glue of this team. Cresselia is the Pivot of this team, switching into almost everything with little damage taken. Lunar Dance allows Cresselia to support her teamates unto death. Shadow Ball allows me to take on Ghost/Psychic monos to the best of my ability. Moonlight heals her. Psychic is STAB and, for a Psychic team, I really don't have as many psychic type moves on this team as I really should.

And that's all there is to this team! Please leave a comment if you can, and help make this into a better team!

Actually, here is the Pastebin:
Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Psycho Cut

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Ice Beam

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hey NOC! Cool team fren :) I'll drop a rate cuz wynaut eh? Geddit cuz wynaut is a Psychic type OK I'll stop ;o

First of all, on Gothitelle I recommend a set of Rest/Trick/Taunt/filler attack to help you stallbreak easier. Taunt allows it to be a neat anti-lead (sometimes) against slow asf Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Shuckle, and if you Trick the Scarf onto them as they use a status move its fun watching them struggle to death :) I also recommend a bulkier set of 252 HP / 252+ SpD / 4 Def to allow it to bulk hits better while stalling. Overall this makes it a great stallbreaker than can dispose of opposing Stallmons easily by stalling them to death lmao

On Victini, I recommend Zen Headbutt over Trick. You already have two Trickers, it is rare that you will need three ever. Plus Victini likes to keep its Band for the sheer wallbreaking power it provides.

On Mega Medicham I would go with a fast version. It isn't all that bulky to begin with and 100 is a decent speed tier in monotype, allowing you to outspeed stuff like LO Kube and LO Hydreigon. I also recommend HJK over Drain Punch as this is its main niche--kill everything as fast as possible.

For Cresselia, a set of Moonblast/Lunar Dance/Moonlight/Toxic and a defensive spread of 252 HP / 252+ Def / 4 SpD is superior. This allows it to form a nice defensive backbone with Gothitelle while also being able to stall stuff via Moonlight/Toxic. You could also run Psyshock or Shadow Ball over Moonblast if you want.

For Latios I definitely recommend Draco Meteor>Dragon Pulse. You will be switching out right afterwards usually anyway so the extra power is much appreciated. Your team also seems a bit hazard weak with the amount of pivoting you are bound to do, so I think a set of LO/Defog over Scarf/Trick may help your team's synergy a bit better :)

Overall a very solid team, glad to see you using Malamar, it's a really cool underrated Pokemon in monotype, and have fun with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)